Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

RG all in

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: RG all in

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Naw, Peeks just wants to hear what Gruden's Multiple Episodes Of Blowing QBs To Make ESPN Happy has to say.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Two things I KNOW they weren't doing:

1. Accurately measuring how effing tall he is since no one knew until this morning.

2. Talking to a kid who hadn't declared for the NFL draft about NFL blitz packages and defenses that they were showing him personally.

They also weren't permitted to medically go through that kid with a fine tooth comb and look at the past surgical site and anything else that came up.

If y'all want to claim y'all knew back two years ago that this was the guy that's fine. Apparently there's a race of some sort.

I'm betting no one takes him until the end of April and that they know more about him in the next week than they did before then.

Or maybe not. Maybe no one's there looking at him and talking to him at all given they saw the TCU game.

Dickweeds. :nanner:

I STILL don't know your fuckin point here. It's as obscure as reading Moby Dick.

Kid plays in college spread offense. Essentially he's a one read and run type QB on saturday. Its what they do in most of The Big French.

So odds are that he's watched enough film and he'll be able to walk through the basics. Shit like safety shows this, what's your read? I mean, you REALLY don't think he's gonna know this stuff? @TPeezy2 knew that stuff. VY knew that stuff. And those two are morons. They all know that stuff. They all did since HS JV ball.

Now when you get to the advanced stuff on the pro level and what the D's are doing, how is he supposed to be a finished product and know that now, specially from that college system? Just what exactly is it you are looking for that he is supposed to know? That's why you have a pro coaching staff and that's why young QBs develop. You're not gonna learn that in an interview.

Fact: Everyone raves about this kids attitude and coachability.
Fact: Kid is smart. Definitely has the raw intelligence required to play the position on Sunday.
Fact: You can't coach kid and apply that coaching to game situation until after he's on your team.

You ain't learning nothin' about this kid in an interview you don't already know.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Naw, Peeks just wants to hear what Gruden's Multiple Episodes Of Blowing QBs To Make ESPN Happy has to say.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:At the Dr.'s last week, I came in at 6'2, 223 lbs. And I need to lose about 10.

Seems to me RG3 is plenty packed together to survive - he's Safety size.

How's your arm?

I am going to have serious concerns about your wonderlic and psych profile though.

Arm - mediocre. Wonderlic I'd ace. I test well. Psych profile... depends on if I answered the questions honestly or what you want to hear. You probably already know too much - my draft stock would plummet.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:...and my research wasn't in on that area yet .

Awesome line.

Right now, I'm picturing a bunch of guys in lab coats at The SD Institute closely analyzing the finer points of panty bunchiness.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Naw, Peeks just wants to hear what Gruden's Multiple Episodes Of Blowing QBs To Make ESPN Happy has to say.

Just one episode actually.

But the more I look at it, you may be right.

I mean, you, JB and Souldawg have signed off on the kid.

:lmfao:

I'm gonna wait. Because I can. And because I'm not actually selecting anyone this year. And because I didn't fall in love with the first stripper I met. :hide:

You're being provided free information over the next few days. Some subjective, some objective. I'm gonna see what it says.

Thanks. :salute:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

jb wrote:Now when you get to the advanced stuff on the pro level and what the D's are doing, how is he supposed to be a finished product and know that now, specially from that college system? Just what exactly is it you are looking for that he is supposed to know? That's why you have a pro coaching staff and that's why young QBs develop. You're not gonna learn that in an interview.

Wanna see what he does know. Wanna see just how developed/rudimentary those skills are. Think it makes a difference how the Browns go about putting the remainder of the roster together should they select the kid.

Wanna hear if he understands the basics, wanna hear if he's more advanced than they thought, wanna hear if he rivals Luck's ability to call plays and formations of the Niners-Saints game.

Never said he'd be a finished product or a complete miss.

I never liked Moby Dick.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Pop Quiz Peeks: can you find me the QB SD hasn't signed off on in the last 12 years?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pop Quiz Peeks: can you find me the QB SD hasn't signed off on in the last 12 years?

You mean real-time reality or retroactively in his mind after the kid played?

:dead:
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 pm

;-) ;) :wink:

I cannot.

But I still could read him all day.

He also, despite his wish to make it all go away, went all-in on Colt after the 2010 jets game.

A fact I love to remind people of when I can.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Honestly, his early college season RG3 bashing is about as out of character and SD post as I can remember.

It's a post I'll never forget, that much is certain.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm

By the way, I think you'll know exactly where the Browns are on RG3 as soon as FA period starts.

I also think how developed RG3 is in terms of NFL defense makes a difference on just what you're willing to give up to get him.

It's really easy to say you want him. There's almost nothing NOT to like.

But how MUCH do you like him? Do you wait to 4 only? Is it 4 and 37? Is it 4 and 22? Is it 4, 22 and 37? If he's close to Luck in terms of reading and understanding defenses then that changes things.

If he there are persistent and legit questions as to whether he'll grasp the NFL nuances and speed with which decisions must be made then that's also a different deal.

Any mope could like the kid. Great. But to what degree he's liked and what you're willing to do to get him depends on more than that.

And for God's sake; how can the Rams possibly be willing to deal this Christ in Cleats away? Sounds like from reading here he's a far better bet than the guy there now.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 pm

And for God's sake; how can the Rams possibly be willing to deal this Christ in Cleats away? Sounds like from reading here he's a far better bet than the guy there now.

Bradford regressed so much last year, if I were the Rams, I'd seriously be considering it. But since Bradford himself was a #1 overall pick, it's more economic to use other valuable assets (high draft picks) to surround him. The other factor is that they wouldn't receive fair value for Bradford, especially considering the massive amount of money they've already paid him since he was the last QB/#1 overall to sign under the old CBA. Newton got what, slightly more than 1/3 the guaranteed money that Bradford got?

If Colt had been a top 10 pick (and was 3 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and could throw a 10-yard out patter from the opposite hashmark; though we can only suspend disbelief so much), some people would be having the same argument here.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote: Bradford regressed so much last year......

Bradford lost his OC, who apparently was some hot shit WCO guy.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:21 pm

After watching and listening to each of them I think the dumb jock went to Stanford and the bright guy to Baylor
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 pm

"Ah lahk hanDOFFS."
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 am

peeker643 wrote:But how MUCH do you like him? Do you wait to 4 only? Is it 4 and 37? Is it 4 and 22? Is it 4, 22 and 37?

That's the magic question, isn't it?

At this point, it seems that most everyone has come around to the idea that RG3 would at very very worst be about Colt McCoy.

And at very very best... the prospect is actually kinda almost inconceivably weird.

Let's assume they want a piece of the action... How much do they want this hand? How solid do they think they are before the flop?
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:09 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:After watching and listening to each of them I think the dumb jock went to Stanford and the bright guy to Baylor

SD:

Hmm ..............................maybe RG3 ultimately becomes the better QB , than the media can't miss HOF darling .

Odds are its a fifty fifty chance one of them busts despite all the can't miss hype .

Is it possible Luck for all his talent handles the mental pressure of a Franchise pick and cracks ala Ryan Leaf .

Naw ............. that couldn't happen and the Browns get the better guy could it .

What are the chances

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:23 am

HoodooMan wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:...and my research wasn't in on that area yet .

Awesome line.

Right now, I'm picturing a bunch of guys in lab coats at The SD Institute closely analyzing the finer points of panty bunchiness.

SD:

Admittedley i was unimpressed with his first showing , i looked at him shredding that team , and discounted the competition rather than served up props .

I felt solid in my position on Newton , because everything i found out about him personality wise and leadership wise said the experts were wrong .

What convinced me he was the real deal coming from that spread offense was an interview he did on ESPN , , where they were talking to a Qb who sounded like a 12 year vet and i couldn't catch his name .
I damn near had to pull off the highway when i found out it Was RG3, and I'm sure i posted as such when it happened

So I covered that area peeks has been crying about in regards to his smarts months ago , because a guy that athletic , would automatically get stereotyped because thats what we do in this society .

His arm makes him elite , his legs give him that rare ability of a Vick or Steve Young , but its Brain and heart which will take the team that chooses him to the promised land.

Just call me W E B Dubois SoulDawg

or Mr. SoulDawg if you must , for short .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 am

Nostradamus was sold on Newton after the NC game. Hip-hip-hoooooray!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:After watching and listening to each of them I think the dumb jock went to Stanford and the bright guy to Baylor

SD:

Hmm ..............................maybe RG3 ultimately becomes the better QB , than the media can't miss HOF darling .

Odds are its a fifty fifty chance one of them busts despite all the can't miss hype .

Is it possible Luck for all his talent handles the mental pressure of a Franchise pick and cracks ala Ryan Leaf .

Naw ............. that couldn't happen and the Browns get the better guy could it .

What are the chances

SoulDawg

Zero.

Luck may or may not live up to hype, but it won't be because he "cracks".

And FMB needs to go weld something.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:49 am

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

What are the chances

SoulDawg

Zero.

Luck may or may not live up to hype, but it won't be because he "cracks".

And FMB needs to go weld something.

SD:

Can't see either guy failing , but I would have said the same thing and did when Manning and Leaf were picked .

I hope its Tanneyhill in Miami or Washington whose the bunny and we don't get snake bit for a change .

We're over due.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Nostradamus was sold on Newton after the NC game. Hip-hip-hoooooray!!!

SD:

Bullshit , I stood alone in this forum and elsewhere and said the Browns should trade up .

Everybody and especially the ex spurts under estimated his ability to throw the pill and run an offense .

They and you and others regarded Newton as a runner who could throw instead of a QB who was a super gifted athlete who could run , which is a big difference .

I told people no less than Warren Moon was training him , but folks were more worried about labeling Moon a militant for playing the race card, for comparing some of the Newton press Bias to the ignorance he faced when he was forced to throw in Canada , rather than respect his opinion on the man.

Mayock had him rated behind Gabert for Fucks sake .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote: Bradford regressed so much last year......

Bradford lost his OC, who apparently was some hot shit WCO guy.

SD:

yep i seem to remember reading something about that .

I wunder where that guy ended up :)
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pop Quiz Peeks: can you find me the QB SD hasn't signed off on in the last 12 years?

Dennis Northcut
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm

jb wrote:

You mean real-time reality or retroactively in his mind after the kid played?

:dead:

SD:

"""If you can't be with the one you Luv

Luv the one yor with """
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:25 pm

but its Brain and heart which will take the team that chooses him to the promised land.

A thousand times this. I've never been more impressed by intangibles than I am by what RG3 brings to the table. The cannon for an arm and Olympic speed are just gravy.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:26 pm

No SD, most here and in the NFL had the same questions surrounding Cam and they were really simple...

Can you go from being a one year starter in a read option system (which makes the reads RG3 made at Baylor look like rocket science) to being able to read NFL defenses.

The NFL put the kid through the riggers to see if he could as well.

No one, anywhere, questioned Cam's talent throwing and running the ball. He just simply never had to even contemplate making reads before passing. He ran the freaking Tebow offense.......

Stop rewriting history and patting yourself on the back for declaring Newton a god after the college football season. You simply bandwagon the hottest QB at the end of every year because you can't find your dick from your ass before that (see this year and shredding RG3). Once rumors start to circulate a guy may go high you love him.

And no, it isn't a race to figure out who the quality prospects are, but you don't even look at prospects. You look and see if a player is a QB and then declare really awesome thing about them.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:36 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No SD, most here and in the NFL had the same questions surrounding Cam and they were really simple...

Can you go from being a one year starter in a read option system (which makes the reads RG3 made at Baylor look like rocket science) to being able to read NFL defenses.

The NFL put the kid through the riggers to see if he could as well.

No one, anywhere, questioned Cam's talent throwing and running the ball. He just simply never had to even contemplate making reads before passing. He ran the freaking Tebow offense.......

Stop rewriting history and patting yourself on the back for declaring Newton a god after the college football season. You simply bandwagon the hottest QB at the end of every year because you can't find your dick from your ass before that (see this year and shredding RG3). Once rumors start to circulate a guy may go high you love him.

And no, it isn't a race to figure out who the quality prospects are, but you don't even look at prospects. You look and see if a player is a QB and then declare really awesome thing about them.

SD:

Bullshit again twice ., your the ass reinventing history here not me.

Cam wasn't a one hit wonder he was written up as a one hit wonder , even while winning his second College title .

Nobody here supported trading up for him and while Pup and JB lent support for his drafting they both stopped short in going that far .

You can bring your posts forward anytime you like if you want to counter you were all in on that strategy ..

I called Holmgren a fraud and a Jackass for his hands in the pocket policy , when it was clear that pick could be had and The Panthers had a record of trading that pick before , especially in relation to his Ditka trade thought process in regard to Bradford .

How could you want to trade everything for Bradford and not illicit a yawn and get out of your seat to properly scout or investigate a deal for Newton other than teams weren't convinced about him .

So you re write the history all you want chum , you have no facts to support your position .

I have the posts on the subject here in this forum and elsewhere , and I called out the double standard in real time .

Teams were not convinced he was a franchise QB , certainly it was a given he was a phenomenal athletic specimen , but that's where it ended .

Newton was dogged for a litany of buzz word reasons , which includes but weren't limited to leadership , no locker room presence questions about his game translating , being smart enough to call NFL plays and understand NFl offenses while being accused of running a play ground offense , and or reading NFL defenses and coverages , to whether or not his smile was genuine and he was evasive in interviews .

There was even some Butt fuck who pronounced thru persoanilty profiling stats he'd never make it .

The man won back to back Championships at two different levels on two different teams in two different cities while running and learning and executing two different offenses , and you'd read an article from some jackass questioning his ability to adapt to the pro game ...............

Thats when Waren Moon went nuts in his defense , because there is and was no other explanation other than some of that shit was racially motivated ignorance deliberate perpetration and character assassination, some of which but not all as a result of SEC jealousies while they were engaged in their which hunt for that $180,000 payoff they never found.

Thankfully none of that dumbshit has found light in regard to RG3 ,
but lets not pretend it didn't happen in regard to Newton , not that it means a damn about the price of gas at the pump today.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm not reading that, FWIW.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm not reading that, FWIW.

What di dthat one douchebag here say (I know that doesn't narrow it down): tldr ;-) ;) :wink:

I read it. You're just lazy.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm not reading that, FWIW.

Seriously...same old shit pile of redundant shit

...a quick scan showed Warren Moon's name again...whatever the flying fuck that has to do with anything is known only to God
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 am

RGIII just ran a 4.38 at the combine. That's slightly faster than most of the guys on this board.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am

^^ True enough. That only a couple seconds faster than me. :)
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby mistero » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:42 am

I couldn't get out of my chair that fast.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

mistero wrote:I couldn't get out of my chair that fast.

SD:

Pat Shurmur is hanging on him like a groupie , with money .

He's waving his two number one picks around like a Vampire Hunter carrying a cross ahead of his Hunt .

get er done Pat.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jerryroche » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 pm

According to a second-hand report on bleacherreport.com, Redskins are prepared to offer picks 1,2 and 3 this year [and] at least a 1 next year to move up to get RG3 at 2.

That's a mighty steep price. Not saying it's necessarily too steep, just steep.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:04 pm

jerryroche wrote:According to a second-hand report on bleacherreport.com, Redskins are prepared to offer picks 1,2 and 3 this year [and] at least a 1 next year to move up to get RG3 at 2.

Agree that it's steep. I'd pay that for sure, though.

I posted in the other thread that I think we have the advantage because of Kalil. I think St Louis wants Kalilbso they'd prefer to trade with us, because there's a good chance he will still be there at 4.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:25 pm

jerryroche wrote:According to a second-hand report on bleacherreport.com, Redskins are prepared to offer picks 1,2 and 3 this year [and] at least a 1 next year to move up to get RG3 at 2.

Your first mistake is reading bleacherreport. mother could go over then a shit out a second hand report just by signing up.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm

There's only 1 player in this draft you give up 3 or more picks for, and his name rhymes with fuck.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 pm

FUDU wrote:There's only 1 player in this draft you give up 3 or more picks for, and his name rhymes with fuck.

SD:

Well that player can't be moved for 6 picks .

so getting the guy who might be better for three and adding him to a team who needs a star worse than a Cowboy needs a horse , would be cheap long term after you fill the gaping maw of suck at the QB position with Franchise talent for the next decade.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 am

Neither could Boom Herron

RG3 just went into "must get" territory

I'm in for 2 ones and a 2 next year now.
jb

Unread postby pup » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

jb wrote:

Neither could Boom Herron

RG3 just went into "must get" territory

I'm in for 2 ones and a 2 next year now.

At least Boom could lift the chair.

Regards,

Mike Adams (who I still take with 37 if there :pop: )
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 am

The thing is, I'm not sure I'm with the boost to RG's status beyond the confirmed Height and added weight. I mean, is there anyone that didn't already know the dude was fast and athletic? Seems to me there were absolutely no people questioning him on his athleticism and speed before last weekend.

I'm all in because I already was well before this weekend, just seems weird to me that anyone could have changed their minds or significatly increased his value based on this weekend, unless you came in thinking he was going to come in at <6'1 and <210, and had no prior knowledge of his track career.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 am

Because Peeker things their is an intrinsic difference between 6'2 and 6'1" in todays NFL.

SMH
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 am

JCoz wrote:The thing is, I'm not sure I'm with the boost to RG's status beyond the confirmed Height and added weight. I mean, is there anyone that didn't already know the dude was fast and athletic? Seems to me there were absolutely no people questioning him on his athleticism and speed before last weekend.

I'm all in because I already was well before this weekend, just seems weird to me that anyone could have changed their minds or significatly increased his value based on this weekend, unless you came in thinking he was going to come in at <6'1 and <210, and had no prior knowledge of his track career.

Sanity.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Because Peeker things their is an intrinsic difference between 6'2 and 6'1" in todays NFL.

SMH

Intrinsic difference? You need a dictionary. ;-) ;) :wink:

I do know there is a literal difference between 6'1" and 6'2 and 3/8".

That being 1 and 3/8".

I wrote exactly what jcoz said. I've said it. I wanted to make sure the merchandise was what we believed it to be. You guys were willing to accept beans. And you had no idea how tall he was or you would have noted that you mentioned it 9 months ago when you realized and told everyone he was Christ on Cleats. ;-) ;) :wink:

He is all of it. It did nothing to his value. The interviews with individual teams may inflate it more.

Revisionist. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Lol, yah I guess you did write that same thing Peeks, hadn't read it yet.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

JCoz wrote:The thing is, I'm not sure I'm with the boost to RG's status beyond the confirmed Height and added weight. I mean, is there anyone that didn't already know the dude was fast and athletic? Seems to me there were absolutely no people questioning him on his athleticism and speed before last weekend.

There is no real boost to his status/value, only perception amongst outsiders like us. The people that matter... this weekend did nothing.

But because we the general public now perceive that teams may be willing to sell the farm to get him - fueled by an article about what that individual perceived the Redskins would be willing to offer - most of us have given up on the hope of him "falling to 4" and now have to speculate on what/if we'd offer to beat the speculative Skins offer.

This is why the Front Office types ignore fans. As they should.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Jesse absolutely nailed everything I feel about this. I'm sick of people making those bullshit excuses and ignoring the real question, one they have likely already answered for themselves even of they aren't admitting it.
JCoz

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL