Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

2013 NBA draft thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: 2013 NBA draft thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:22 pm

^ troof

Davis and MKG are my dawgs in this draft and Tall and Lazy from Uconn is someone you have to roll a dice on. That is it. And I haven't watched much of Kansas kid, but from what I saw Weds night he ain't all that either.

But no... sit pretty and draft guys ranked below Sullinger and Barnes, who is effective at catching and shooting and little else (I argue that he does make PGs more effective, because he makes open looks at a high rate, but no one else).

BOOM
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Outside of those listed and depending on draft position I take a chance on the inconsistent Terrence Jones. Guy has shown he can rebound and block shots, so if he isn't scoring its possible he is doing something, counting on Byron Scott.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 pm

I just went over to ESPN trying to find what you guys are talking about, and instead found Chad Ford's Top 10, in which he makes at least two NBA comps that can't possibly be based on anything but physical resemblance.

Drummond to Amare & Beal to Gordon.

At least their faces & heads are similar, Chad. Good work.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 pm

How can you not find it? Ask peeker for a link, I know you guys are INSIDER FRIENDS that stupidly give their money to that shitpile.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Orenthal wrote:Outside of those listed and depending on draft position I take a chance on the inconsistent Terrence Jones. Guy has shown he can rebound and block shots, so if he isn't scoring its possible he is doing something, counting on Byron Scott.

Calipari seems to hate him.

I thought Jeremy Lamb looked a little less regressed this week, though.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:How can you not find it? Ask peeker for a link, I know you guys are INSIDER FRIENDS that stupidly give their money to that shitpile.

I get ESPN the Mag. It's cheap and Insider Access comes with it. I like it and my youngest reads it too.

Good chance she turns out gay, by the way.

Not sure how that works in terms of whether I have to pay for the wedding.

What was the question again?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

I found it! (How many F'ing Chad Ford Blog pages are there? I swear I stumbled upon three of them.)

Didn't really say anything interesting that wasn't already said in Peeker's excerpt. The draft class is overrated. I already knew that.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:50 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Outside of those listed and depending on draft position I take a chance on the inconsistent Terrence Jones. Guy has shown he can rebound and block shots, so if he isn't scoring its possible he is doing something, counting on Byron Scott.

I think J. Lamb is a lock to be a really damn good NBA 2 guard. And he'll probably go right around the time we're gonna be picking.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 pm

swerb wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:

I think J. Lamb is a lock to be a really damn good NBA 2 guard. And he'll probably go right around the time we're gonna be picking.

I, personally, prefer Bradley Beal to Lamb but I concede that I've only watched one full game for Beal and maybe 2 full games for Lamb. My buddy is a huge UCONN fan and watches every game that's on ESPN and he hates Lamb, though a basketball scout, he is not.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:My buddy is a huge UCONN fan and watches every game that's on ESPN and he hates Lamb, though a basketball scout, he is not.

Did he hate him last year?

I thought he showed a lot of promise last year, but prior to the Nova game this past week, as suggested above, I thought it looked like he'd really regressed this year. Taking lots of bad shots, seeming to be an integral part of UCONN's overall shit attitude right now, etc.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:My buddy is a huge UCONN fan and watches every game that's on ESPN and he hates Lamb, though a basketball scout, he is not.

Did he hate him last year?

I thought he showed a lot of promise last year, but prior to the Nova game this past week, as suggested above, I thought it looked like he'd really regressed this year. Taking lots of bad shots, seeming to be an integral part of UCONN's overall shit attitude right now, etc.

He didn't hate him last year, but definitely didn't love. He saw the upside but like you, has seen nothing but regression this year. Whether that's on Lamb or just a product of the dysfunctional team is up for the scouts to decide.

If he ended up on the Cavs, I wouldn't kick him out of bed, for the sole fact that right now we have zero legitimate wing players.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA