Text Size

College Sports Arena

2013 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Does Pocic even have an offer yet? I thought they were still waiting but he expected one shortly.

OSU is really doing their homework before offering Ohio kids as they don't want to make any mistakes. They aren't spitting out their national offers to Ohio kids per Greene (aside from the QBs who have been offered to come battle it out in camp).

They really, really, really, want Bivin.

Also, per Greene, Meyer is still on vacation this week so they weren't expected to extend any offers. Guessing Bama, et al, offering Lisle pushed up the offer date.

The biggest oddity is still McCray, considering two Ohio LBs have been offered ahead of him.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

McCray's lack of offer confuses me. They must love Love and Gedeon, McCray is a hell of an athlete. Maybe they think they can slow play him because he is a legacy and they are in on some guys they REALLY like: Jaylon Smith, Love and Gedeon with Tim Kimborough essentially ready to commit on the spot if he gets an offer.

After watching Kimborough's stuff and looking at his numbers I think I may actually prefer him to Jaylon Smith. He just looks like a more natural player. You cannot discount a guy that made 172 tackles as a Junior. That is a guy that gets to the ball and plays every down. I think Kimbrough is just a player and I think he is the LB that I really want.

I thought I had read that Pocic had an offer. You may be right, he may not.

As to the offering nationally vice locally: One of the things that has made tOSU very strong over the last decade is the fact that a lot of Ohio kids do fly under the RADAR to an extent. I just hope we aren't turning down hot women for a shot at a supermodel so to speak. I would just hate to get stood up by the supermodels after all the hot women have been married off.

Interesting stuff with the QB search/camp. I wonder how all this plays out with Zaire's expected announcement next month. I am not sure where he is committing, but I would have to guess based on his timetable that he is looking to commit to OSU. This raises all the questions about does Zaire have a "committable" offer.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 am

I kind of feel the opposite Furls. I'm not seeing Zaire as part of this class anymore, for better or worse.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 am

Bill Greene had a chat last night on the Scout board and I asked him about Zaire. Bill says he believe he does have a committable offer and he still sees him as the favorite in state qb to end up at OSU.

Wanted to add....Pocic does have an OSU offer.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 am

furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Lisle finally got his offer..... shouldn't be long till another OT is in

Wonder what took so long? I know the Bucks really want Pocic and Bivin, but stiwl...

Hell of a weekend by scUM. Actually has me a little nervous as they got some pretty good commits and a couple of tOSU's plan C guys. I really hope plans A and B work out!

The danger of swimming in tOSU's end of the swimming pool now is that most of these players they are chasing are going to get 30+ offers and not decided until late, potentially setting tOSU up for an epic Jan/Feb or an epic fail Jan/Feb.

And as I've said on here a few times before, we now have to deal with all those Ohio plan C guys going up north and planning revenge for 4 years. No coincidence that the worst decade in scum's history coincided with their worst stretch of Ohio recruiting. Now the Hawk's and Lil Dane's will now be playing against us, and that scares me. Makes those national Jan/Feb guys must gets instead of a luxary.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 am

furls wrote:McCray's lack of offer confuses me. They must love Love and Gedeon, McCray is a hell of an athlete. Maybe they think they can slow play him because he is a legacy and they are in on some guys they REALLY like: Jaylon Smith, Love and Gedeon with Tim Kimborough essentially ready to commit on the spot if he gets an offer.

After watching Kimborough's stuff and looking at his numbers I think I may actually prefer him to Jaylon Smith. He just looks like a more natural player. You cannot discount a guy that made 172 tackles as a Junior. That is a guy that gets to the ball and plays every down. I think Kimbrough is just a player and I think he is the LB that I really want.

I thought I had read that Pocic had an offer. You may be right, he may not.

As to the offering nationally vice locally: One of the things that has made tOSU very strong over the last decade is the fact that a lot of Ohio kids do fly under the RADAR to an extent. I just hope we aren't turning down hot women for a shot at a supermodel so to speak. I would just hate to get stood up by the supermodels after all the hot women have been married off.

Interesting stuff with the QB search/camp. I wonder how all this plays out with Zaire's expected announcement next month. I am not sure where he is committing, but I would have to guess based on his timetable that he is looking to commit to OSU. This raises all the questions about does Zaire have a "committable" offer.

Smith ran a 4.44 at the Midwest Combine.

He wouldn't even sniff playing the middle like Kimborough, they would just be totally different players. Kimborough would play pure MLB whereas Jaylan is going to be a pass rushing monster.

Oh and apparently Gedeon is up to 225 and looks like a monster. Love is the direct comp to Kimborough as the thumper in the middle and apparently they just like him more.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am

jclvd_23 wrote:Bill Greene had a chat last night on the Scout board and I asked him about Zaire. Bill says he believe he does have a committable offer and he still sees him as the favorite in state qb to end up at OSU.

Wanted to add....Pocic does have an OSU offer.

I swear to gawd I have read about six different things from Greene on this QB situation.

I really don't think anyone knows the answer on Zaire but him, I do know that you would think the other Ohio kid offered would have committed on the spot if it were commitable and there has been speculation (started by Greene) on the camp thing being the rule of thumb.

I was legit asking about Pocic, I couldn't remember.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 pm

neoleo wrote:
furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Lisle finally got his offer..... shouldn't be long till another OT is in

Wonder what took so long? I know the Bucks really want Pocic and Bivin, but stiwl...

Hell of a weekend by scUM. Actually has me a little nervous as they got some pretty good commits and a couple of tOSU's plan C guys. I really hope plans A and B work out!

The danger of swimming in tOSU's end of the swimming pool now is that most of these players they are chasing are going to get 30+ offers and not decided until late, potentially setting tOSU up for an epic Jan/Feb or an epic fail Jan/Feb.

And as I've said on here a few times before, we now have to deal with all those Ohio plan C guys going up north and planning revenge for 4 years. No coincidence that the worst decade in scum's history coincided with their worst stretch of Ohio recruiting. Now the Hawk's and Lil Dane's will now be playing against us, and that scares me. Makes those national Jan/Feb guys must gets instead of a luxary.

UM is focused on raiding Illinois right now. Taco and Dukes are Ohio guys, sure, but meh and meh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Is the camp before Zaire's announcement?
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

JCoz wrote:Is the camp before Zaire's announcement?

Nope, so maybe he is forcing their hand.

Or everyone is right and Zaire gets QB spot one and QB spot two goes to winner of the camp battle (assuming they keep missing on the big national kids they are throwing shots at).

Or Zaire is going to Pitt as is Bob Foster and the world melts down...
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:UM is focused on raiding Illinois right now. Taco and Dukes are Ohio guys, sure, but meh and meh.

Agree on the OH guys, but those OL were legit. Levenberry looking hard at UM and not so much at OSU as well.

I have said several times that I believed Furls was drastically underestimating the value of the Michigan job and Michigan's brand nationally and I think we are about to see that in action. Nationally the have historically recruited very well and they are going to be landing top ten classes on the regular now.

Plan B and C OH kids, the good Michigan kids, and good/great National kids is going to be a good strategy for them. The Talent there is about to increase by several orders of magnitude.

I fully expect OSU to be on top in the end, but there is no underselling it: UM is doing a great job recruiting. Still in need of some skill guys though, but they should be dominating that div for the next several years once this talent matures.

MSU's mini-rise is on borrowed time, and Nebraska couldn't recruit their way out of a paper bag.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Or Zaire is going to Pitt as is Bob Foster and the world melts down...

This is where I'm at I think he goes to Pitt.

Won't be melting down about it though.
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Lots of rumors that Gio Bernard will transfer to tOSU. Not sure if I am buying, would be a nice pick up but I am not sure it makes sense for such an already crowded backfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1Usr29zDo

There are additional (less founded) rumors that a major west coast player (possibly De'Anthony Thomas) may transfer. I am not sniffing that paint, but it is interesting considering the serious sanctions coming UO's way.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

nevada has said that a huge transfer is possible and that the person he is talking about isn't Bernard. Also said that he has heard nothing about Bernard but that doesn't mean that he is "out."

The guessing has been going on at Scout for over a week re: who it is and the two guys you mention have just been names people keep guessing. Strikes me as picking those two names out of a hat is just people throwing shit at a wall trying to figure out what is up.

And no names are being dropped by the Scout staff, as it is sensitive and could put the kid in a bad position. So the rumors from premium are essentially the same rumors floating everywhere.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Bernard makes very little sense to me based on existing and future depth. Thomas makes sense no matter what your DC is although he is very different from any back we currently have on the roster.

Here is the depth chart by year assuming Bernard comes (big assumption):

2012: Hall, Hyde, Smith, Dunn, Ball and Bernard (ineligible)
2013: Bernard, Hyde, Smith, Dunn and Ball
2014: Bernard, Smith, Dunn and Ball

Add in that the Buckeyes are assumed to be trying to pick up at least 1-2 backs this year (including sometype of wingback playmaker) and that is a pretty crowded backfield. Right now the smart money is on Derrick Green. Furthermore, all those backs are fairly similar, they are all big (Bernard would be the smallest at 210lbs) to huge (Hyde is about 235) single-cut backs.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, it looks like those of you worried about Ohio talent going north will have your first kid to dwell on in McCray. Apparently/allegedly the staff told him they questioned his speed and to come to camp (just like the QBs, which I still hold were all told to camp). His response is going to be a quick run to scUM is looks like with Tenn as a long-shot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:20 pm

They picked up another Tackle last night too with National Offers.

UM is having a hell of an early run right now, and it would seem they have appropriately reacted to the future Dlines expected at OSU from my view.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Lisle in, big big grab
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Lisle is a great pick up. Glad to see it. I am a guy that would be happy to see tOSU take 4 OL per year.

As for McCray to scUM, I was hoping to see him in S&G, but there are a lot of guys out there at LB that I like more. Jaylon Smith, Ben Gedeon, and Tim Kimbrough to name a couple. I haven't seen much on Love, but he is supposed to be pretty good.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Love is a tenacious, relentless bulldog.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:19 pm

I guess Brenneman's visit went really well...I still think PSU wins out but it looks like we made a good case.

JT Barrett on the other hand, is apparently visiting around March 12th, and is wide open.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 pm

The TE from Marcus' high school is an athletic freak and is being pressed hard be Marcus too.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Bucks have a great shot at the kid from NC (I think he is the Bucks to lose). I think they are playing from behind a bit on the Breneman (PA TE, #1 in the nation). I think they obviously have the big advanatage with Heuerman's little brother.

In the end, they probably end up with 2 of the 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Buckeyes land Breneman though. THe battle is shaping up as a two team battle between state penn and tOSU. Things are still unsettled in Happy Valley, and the kid has to love the way Meyer uses TE's/H-Backs. I think once he sees the year Stoneburner has this year the battle may shift to tOSU's favor.

Of course my theory assumes a couple of things:
1. PSU is still in disarray this season and does not produce a ridiculously good recovery.
2. Meyer's offense shines this year.
3. Stoneburner produces.

I don't think those are low probability occurances, therefore, I think tOSU has a better than average shot. The biggest factor I could see against landing Breneman is if tOSU gets early commits from both Heuerman and Josh McNeil. I have a feeling those two may commit by summer and I am not sure tOSU really wants 3 TE's. That would give tOSU 5 scholarship TE's for 2013-2014 (assuming they don't sign anymore in 2014) and 4 for 2015.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Yah, we have a shot Furls, but if what I just read was true.....

I live in Columbus but work with a marketing rep in PA. He reiterated what most have said on here......going to be tough to beat PSU. He mentioned that both of his parents are PSU alums. Not to mention Kyle Brady (former all-american PSU tightend/1st round NFL pick of Jacksonville) lives in the same housing development.

Um, yah...that isnt a battle you are going to win often. Might as well drop it to dumb and dumber odds....
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm

PSU just grabbed a 4 star QB with offers from the entire SEC. Looks like Coach BoB is going to be okay in the recruiting department. And considering that the Miami NCAA findings aren't even coming out until later this year we can expect the NCAA PSU findings sometime in 2014.

Also, I don't really care about missing on him if we do, we still should land two STUD TEs this year and have the Josh Perry variable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:PSU just grabbed a 4 star QB with offers from the entire SEC. Looks like Coach BoB is going to be okay in the recruiting department.

He got another really nice commit today when Avon Lake's Ross Douglas committed there. Douglas was close but just short of an OSU offer. He'll help them.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby neoleo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 am

danwismar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:PSU just grabbed a 4 star QB with offers from the entire SEC. Looks like Coach BoB is going to be okay in the recruiting department.

He got another really nice commit today when Avon Lake's Ross Douglas committed there. Douglas was close but just short of an OSU offer. He'll help them.

Not to nit-pick, but Douglas is from Avon. He played against Trotwood in the D2 state final this year.

Good player, borderline OSU kid who probably gets an offer from the previous staff.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:18 am

neoleo wrote:
danwismar wrote:

Not to nit-pick, but Douglas is from Avon. He played against Trotwood in the D2 state final this year.

Good player, borderline OSU kid who probably gets an offer from the previous staff.

Is he as good as D'Andrea?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks, Leo. I didn't know for sure so I guessed. Clearly I need to spend more time brushing up on my local high school juniors. And, JB, how could be possibly be as good a football player as D'Andrea? I mean did you see that guy jump onto a four foot high platform from a standing start?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 am

Rotzxky's D5 Chanel team smacked the shit of out D'Andrea's senior year team. That was my first inclination he wasn't all that. Tony Franklin ran for well over 200 on 'em.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby neoleo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 pm

I've seen Douglas play in person a lot since his freshman year. He was very impressive as an RB as a sophomore but his future is on D. He played with Bryan Cox Jr. (recent Florida commit) on that Avon D before the Cox family left the Browns and moved to Florida.

The problem is, they don't play the toughest schedule in the West Shore Conference and he had his worst game of his career against Trotwood, so I could definitely see some D'Andrea doubts creeping into the conversation.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Either way, I'm glad PSU is showing no signs of entering the dark ages. Punish those responsible and move on, as it should be. 10 years of a senility allowing a football program to fall apart shouldn't ruin all of the tradition of the school and program itself. Punish the individual, always.

And with Hoke pretty much destroying MSU/Wisky/Ill by picking up the studs they usually share the conference needs a third power and they need it to be PSU.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Agree on PSU. PSU in the stone ages is not particularly good for tOSU. Yes, it helps with tOSU's recruiting, but we need some decent teams in the conference.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Either way, I'm glad PSU is showing no signs of entering the dark ages. Punish those responsible and move on, as it should be. 10 years of a senility allowing a football program to fall apart shouldn't ruin all of the tradition of the school and program itself. Punish the individual, always.

And with Hoke pretty much destroying MSU/Wisky/Ill by picking up the studs they usually share the conference needs a third power and they need it to be PSU.

Alright, not be a dick, but when I surmised PSU football would be just fine a couple days after Uncle Grabbyhands and Grandpa Joe were busted I was told it would be Chernobyl for 10 years.

4* QB ain't a 5* QB but it ain't Chernobyl.

Are we already reassessing our thoughts as to the fallout?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes. I was wrong.

And 4* QB had a ton of really, really nice offers and could end up 5*.

Plus TE OSU wants is ready to make his announcment 3/9, if they beat OSU here that is a really nice little core.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Great. Another death blow to my hopes for the human race.

It's true.

"We are Penn State"

All of us.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Not so fast my friends. The NCAA is on record as saying they are hands off until after the legal investigation & trial. They never said State Perv was off the hook.

And screw them. tOSU was playing for BCS titles while they were < .500 .
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:17 pm

The NCAA is going to stay hands off on this unless something comes up that absolutely forces them in. They want as little to do with this mess as possible. The B1G investigation is more likely to have actual results.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 am

peeker643 wrote:Are we already reassessing our thoughts as to the fallout?

We may or may not, but it appears the recruits aren't bothered.
pod2dawg

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 am

No. Texas has Texas on hold and USC/Oregon/Stanford have Cali, leaving Nebraska to play the Michigan State role of the Mountain Time Zone. The relevant history, education and coaching staff at PSU are all superior and will always be.

Nebraska will have years as the #3, but they will never have the potential for consistency PSU has. PSU should be a top 15 program every single year.

No matter how untrue the Urban to PSU rumors were, they existed for a reason. You will never, ever, ever hear rumors about an Urban Meyer going to Nebraska.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 pm

jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 pm

And fuck the ND stadium. Most overrated piece of shit in all of sports. I slapped the sign running out to a game and it is still overrated.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Duke is far more impressive art wise and also modernized.

Wake Forest is far nicer. :dingle:
pod2dawg

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:42 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And fuck the ND stadium. Most overrated piece of shit in all of sports. I slapped the sign running out to a game and it is still overrated.

As opposed to Beaver Stadium? A hideous HS stadium on steroids? Ugliest stadium in America.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Seriously, if you aren't a Christian I don't see how you give a fuck about ND's campus and their dorms/buildings redefine "badly aged"

Duke is far more impressive art wise and also modernized.

And we'll agree to disagree, but IMO, Happy Valley feels to an 18 year old like college is supposed to feel. OSU almost is too Urban to fit the stereotype.

Possibly the dumbest post you've ever made.

You can't apply your ideal of what a college is supposed to feel like to all 17 year olds. For some, it is John Carroll. For others it is Fordham. For some Texas at Austin. Kenyon. Oberlin. BGSU. On and on. Its about the best fit.

Duke is gorgeous. It is on another level from Penn State. As is ND. Been there in the last decade?

You can be Maddy M O'Hara and be blown away by the basilica.

If you want a mega-university in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing to offer besides the big state college experience, then big blue is for you. Awesome party scene and tons going on. Oh, yeah, there's classes, too.
Last edited by jb on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And fuck the ND stadium. Most overrated piece of shit in all of sports. I slapped the sign running out to a game and it is still overrated.

As opposed to Beaver Stadium? A hideous HS stadium on steroids? Ugliest stadium in America.

Objection, your Honor.

Exhibit A for the Defense:

JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:55 am

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Objection, your Honor.

Exhibit A for the Defense:

Can not concur. Big House is a classic bowl design. Been that design since man started building these things. Almost all of it is in the ground except for one side exposed. It is not unlike the Yale Bowl or Rose Bowl.

Beaver stadium is a frankenstein. The way that thing has been expanded is haphazard and without any charm at all. It is steel and concrete, no brick or any building materials with any appeal. The end product is a total clusterfuck. I've seen many high school stadiums with more architectural appeal.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 am

jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 pm

It's a classic design due to necessity because of the limitations of materials at that time.Not because it has character.

TheRose bowl has some of the most incredible views at sunset you could ever imagine at a football game. Michigan stadium is a hole in the ground.

Not sure what capacity has to do with it, PSU's capacity is within a percent or two.

And that stadium blows too.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 pm

JCoz wrote:
Not sure what capacity has to do with it, PSU's capacity is within a percent or two.

And that stadium blows too.

Nada. Just the resources with some facts/pics. You can really see how butt ugly Beaver Stadium is.

Agree to disagree on the classic bowl design. Personally, I think the Rose Bowl is pretty much the ideal football stadium. BTW if you did want to do a behemoth that was the result of incremental growth, Tennesse did it right.

The Big 10 should be embarrassed Beaver Stadium is in the conference. So many of the other stadiums are like cathedrals.

I don't count views. Want a vista? Go play touch football with Mitt Romney at the top of the grand canyon.
jb

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena