Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

2012 Draft

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:36 pm

WILLIAM GREEN WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:37 pm

MARSHAWN TOO!!!

AND THOMAS JONES!!!

AND TJ DUCKET!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:
The scat back is a luxury we can't afford with the holes we need to fill.



"Splurging" for a LMJ in round 3 instead of some nondescript CB project is too much of a luxury?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 pm

I assume these are your examples of where traditional RBs used to be drafted?

Like, way back in 2007?

Check that, like all the way back in 2008? (McFadden & Stewart)

No, no, no...I mean like all the way back in 2010? (Ryan Williams)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Traditional RBs that sucked used to be drafted way too high consistently.

It's not happening anymore, 1) because traditional RBs have far less value with committee's and spreads and stuff!!!

and 2) because committees have made speed backs superstars!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Well, then I for one hope the Browns wait to use an early 1st rounder on a QB until NFL teams have stopped consistently taking shitty QB prospects way too high.

Because, I figure if they can get that down to a science for RBs, they'll get there with QBs soon enough.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Don't worry, Bernie is at the combine checking out QBs in an official capacity for the shit-hole that is The Browns.

No way he signs off on an RG3 type.

He probably already sent in his "GIVE COLT ANOTHER CHANCE!!!" letter.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby pup » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


The stupid part isn't drafting those guys that high. It is waiting to long to cut bait once they prove they are not worthy. You don't get the option of when you get to draft someone, because you are where you are. If you need a QB and there is one that is worthy of going anywhere before you pick again, you should take him. But you only get 2 years before I cut bait on ya.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 pm

OH MAN IS HOODOO EVER GONNA SHAKE HIS HEAD
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH

This.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17918
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

HoodooMan wrote:Well, then I for one hope the Browns wait to use an early 1st rounder on a QB until NFL teams have stopped consistently taking shitty QB prospects way too high.

Because, I figure if they can get that down to a science for RBs, they'll get there with QBs soon enough.


Yah maybe in the future every team will have Running Quarterback by committee thus lowering the value of QB's and eliminating the RB position altogether.

:pigs:
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 am

jb wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:
The scat back is a luxury we can't afford with the holes we need to fill.



"Splurging" for a LMJ in round 3 instead of some nondescript CB project is too much of a luxury?


Sign me up for LMJ in the 3rd. Wasn't seeing much talk of him at that round.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 am

JCoz wrote:Yah maybe in the future every team will have Running Quarterback by committee thus lowering the value of QB's and eliminating the RB position altogether.



I actually think something like this is possible. Though, I doubt RBs would ever be completely eliminated.

Shrug!
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm just being a smartass, but I see QB value trending upward, not down, for at least the next 10 years, so I'm not sure waiting it out is the strategy I'd take. Especially now that you dont have to dump 80 mil into that roll of the dice.

Its a no brainer these days to take your chances if you see the QB prospect as Elite IMO.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 pm

JCoz wrote:I'm just being a smartass, but I see QB value trending upward, not down, for at least the next 10 years, so I'm not sure waiting it out is the strategy I'd take. Especially now that you dont have to dump 80 mil into that roll of the dice.

Its a no brainer these days to take your chances if you see the QB prospect as Elite IMO.



SD:

nailed it .

Cash is King the economic dynamic is it costs more not to properly invest in a top flight QB now .

You devalue your franchise disenfranchise your fan base lose sales in jerseys and stadium revenues and have no relevance as a franchise .

grabbing a QB high when you don't have one is no longer a gamble , but damn near an economic necessity.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:MARSHAWN TOO!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvfg6bvs2oU

jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 am

CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 am

Marshawn is a beast, don't get me wrong.

But no way in hell I draft the guy in the top twenty.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 am

mattvan1 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?



Was that rhetorical?
User avatar
ole uncle charle
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am

mattvan1 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?


He's got more chance of being elite/franchise than Colt. I personally don't like him all that well, and my excitement level would be low, but I'll give him at least as long as Colt has had before crying and wailing and feeling sorry for myself.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?


He's got more chance of being elite/franchise than Colt. I personally don't like him all that well, and my excitement level would be low, but I'll give him at least as long as Colt has had before crying and wailing and feeling sorry for myself.


I dont see how you could even go that far Hiko, and I'm not saying that in defense of Colt.

Tannehill's resume looks like S-H-I-T when it comes to NFL QB prospects.

Can ANYONE find franchise QB with the background he has coming into the league?

I'd bet not.

Flacco had a better resume as the guy coming out of Deleware because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for PT.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:He's got more chance of being elite/franchise than Colt. I personally don't like him all that well, and my excitement level would be low, but I'll give him at least as long as Colt has had before crying and wailing and feeling sorry for myself.


I dont see how you could even go that far Hiko, and I'm not saying that in defense of Colt.

Tannehill's resume looks like S-H-I-T when it comes to NFL QB prospects.

Can ANYONE find franchise QB with the background he has coming into the league?

I'd bet not.

Flacco had a better resume as the guy coming out of Deleware because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for PT.


Believe me, I am not endorsing Tannehill. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm only speaking from a ceiling standpoint - Tannehill has a lot more physical skills than Colt, a much higher ceiling.

He might also have a lower floor, which is scary.

But I haven't seen a helluva lot of the guy, so I'd be forced to reserve judgement until he played some NFL downs. It's not like they'd be replacing a competent alternative.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

TANNEHILL KNOWS THE SYSTEM!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

If he gets by KC & SEA at 11 & 12, and Denver doesn't jump us later, I think Tannehill would be a very nice option at 22.

He's raw, but he's a nice athlete, he has a nice arm & prototypical size, he's apparently an intelligent guy, like e0 says HE KNOWS THE SYSTEM...

I'd be happy with that.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:He's got more chance of being elite/franchise than Colt. I personally don't like him all that well, and my excitement level would be low, but I'll give him at least as long as Colt has had before crying and wailing and feeling sorry for myself.


I dont see how you could even go that far Hiko, and I'm not saying that in defense of Colt.

Tannehill's resume looks like S-H-I-T when it comes to NFL QB prospects.

Can ANYONE find franchise QB with the background he has coming into the league?

I'd bet not.

Flacco had a better resume as the guy coming out of Deleware because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for PT.


Believe me, I am not endorsing Tannehill. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm only speaking from a ceiling standpoint - Tannehill has a lot more physical skills than Colt, a much higher ceiling.

He might also have a lower floor, which is scary.

But I haven't seen a helluva lot of the guy, so I'd be forced to reserve judgement until he played some NFL downs. It's not like they'd be replacing a competent alternative.


Fair enough.

I probably oversold the poor resume bit, despite being mistaken for a WR for his first 2.5 years at A&M, he STILL managed to attempt almost twice as many passes as Mark Sanchez, albiet in the French 12, as JB likes to say.

Still very little to go on for a first rounder thats for sure.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Marshawn is a beast, don't get me wrong.

But no way in hell I draft the guy in the top twenty.



I just wanted an excuse to pst that video.

"HOLD MUH DDDDDDDDD...."
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?


Resigned, and not one bit surprised. That said, he won't be there at 22, so do the Browns TRADE DOWN from 4, again? :hic:
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:09 pm

HoodooMan wrote:If he gets by KC & SEA at 11 & 12, and Denver doesn't jump us later, I think Tannehill would be a very nice option at 22.

He's raw, but he's a nice athlete, he has a nice arm & prototypical size, he's apparently an intelligent guy, like e0 says HE KNOWS THE SYSTEM...

I'd be happy with that.


^^^^^^^^^thinks in lockstep with Walrus

<------thinks that is a bit disturbing - either some type of mind trick or ^^^^^^^^^ acts as Holmgren's caddy and slushie holder during charity golf events

ETA
<------has just realized that HooDoo is also represented by Bob LaMonte, as no other possible answer exists
Last edited by mattvan1 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:14 pm

JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Tannehill is going to go high enough to prove that GMs are still stoopid about QBs. See also Blaine Gabbert, Locker, etc all going way too high.

That is why you go get RG3, DUH


^^THIS. broadly speaking, dead on. On Tannehill, I mean, are people fucking kidding themselves? EVERY tight A&M game, he choked or, at best, underperformed in the clutch. And he's "franchise QB" material? :dead:


So how are you going to feel when Tannehill ends up a member of your 2012 Cleveland Browns?


He's got more chance of being elite/franchise than Colt. I personally don't like him all that well, and my excitement level would be low, but I'll give him at least as long as Colt has had before crying and wailing and feeling sorry for myself.


I dont see how you could even go that far Hiko, and I'm not saying that in defense of Colt.

Tannehill's resume looks like S-H-I-T when it comes to NFL QB prospects.

Can ANYONE find franchise QB with the background he has coming into the league?

I'd bet not.

Flacco had a better resume as the guy coming out of Deleware because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for PT.


Not advocating, not endorsing, not a fan. Just saying watch what happens. FA will tell us much much more, but as of today I would bet

The Browns select a QB in the 2012 NFL Draft

That QB is not named RGIII
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 pm

HoodooMan wrote:If he gets by KC & SEA at 11 & 12, and Denver doesn't jump us later, I think Tannehill would be a very nice option at 22.

He's raw, but he's a nice athlete, he has a nice arm & prototypical size, he's apparently an intelligent guy, like e0 says HE KNOWS THE SYSTEM...

I'd be happy with that.


That's great and all, but ummmm, is he ANY GOOD? Wonderful, he "fits the mold," the numbers match, etc. Yeah, so did Rob Johnson. How'd that work out?0
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:14 pm

mattvan1 wrote:^^^^^^^^^thinks in lockstep with Walrus

<------thinks that is a bit disturbing - either some type of mind trick or ^^^^^^^^^ acts as Holmgren's caddy and slushie holder during charity golf events

ETA
<------has just realized that HooDoo is also represented by Bob LaMonte, as no other possible answer exists


HA!

CleSportsTruth wrote:That's great and all, but ummmm, is he ANY GOOD?


I sure as F don't know. He has some attractive qualities. He has a lot of upside. He'd make sense in the latter half of the first round. (More sense, IMO, than two 1s, a 2, and more for RG3) And if that's where we get him, I'm on board with that roll of the dice.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:^^^^^^^^^thinks in lockstep with Walrus

<------thinks that is a bit disturbing - either some type of mind trick or ^^^^^^^^^ acts as Holmgren's caddy and slushie holder during charity golf events

ETA
<------has just realized that HooDoo is also represented by Bob LaMonte, as no other possible answer exists


HA!

CleSportsTruth wrote:That's great and all, but ummmm, is he ANY GOOD?


I sure as F don't know. He has some attractive qualities. He has a lot of upside. He'd make sense in the latter half of the first round. (More sense, IMO, than two 1s, a 2, and more for RG3) And if that's where we get him, I'm on board with that roll of the dice.


So, you'll take the lesser/less developed QB b/c of draft picks? A much greater unknown than RGIII? In today's NFL? :billengvall: Here's your sign. :billengvall:

B/c any first-rounder at QB better be franchise material. Is Tannehill that guy? Don't see it.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest