Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LBJ's recent comments

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Flaw...well if that's what you kids are calling it* these days.

*(intentionally tanking a playoff series to cement justification for leaving a team).
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:19 pm

COME HOME LBJ!!!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:20 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:He was the most clutch player in the NBA before 2010, now he has had two bad playoffs and instead of waiting to see what his story ends up we're writing the biography and sending it to print.

He had three chances with the team he and his own buddies built together to be clutch over the Dallas Mavericks. Carlisle, Dirk, and JET drank his milkshake, Shawn Marion was calling him 'bitch' on national TV, and Mr. Clutch responded by shriveling in the fourth quarter and having Wes and Maverick blame it all on Rashard Lewis. And that's not even getting into his last series as a Cav. Or how he hasn't shown any true balls since he went mano-a-mano with Paul Pierce four years ago.

Do you think Jordan lets Shawn Marion call him a bitch and get away with it? Kobe?

But hey, he's put together something resembling a post game and is putting up regular season PER numbers to make Pros orgasm, so that has to count for something, right?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing if the boards go "Groundhog Day" again concerning Lebron.

Last year pre-playoffs he was a useless choker, blah, blah,blah

Then he torched the Celts and he was a lucky fucker, riding Wade's coatails.

Then he ousted the Bulls while Wade played poorly.

This lead to many posters (including a few in this thread) reduced to whining that the Mavericks had no chance.

Then the Mavericks win and he's the biggest piece of shit in the world again.

And of course nothing will really matter until the post season, but it's fact he's playing better than ever.

The guys got issues. First and foremost being self-unaware. But he's the best player in the game. It's not close. As a rule, get the best player in the world on your squad, and good things happen.

Lastly, the only difference between Lebron and all these other guys is that he's better. NONE of these guys are living in the real world - any one of them that would have been handled like Lebron was from 12 years old on....good luck finding him rational. To think Kyrie is not going to head for ze hills in a few years cause he has a Dad is sadly mistaken.

By the way, if anyone feels the first part of this post is bullshit, re-read last years playoff thread. High comedy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 pm

leadpipe wrote:The guys got issues. First and foremost being self-unaware. But he's the best player in the game. It's not close. As a rule, get the best player in the world on your squad, and good things happen.

Wilt.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
leadpipe wrote:The guys got issues. First and foremost being self-unaware. But he's the best player in the game. It's not close. As a rule, get the best player in the world on your squad, and good things happen.

Wilt.

Point?

Yeah, getting Wilt on your team back then would be a horrible idea.

Maybe you could help them hang Z's jersey from the rafters.

I'd be interested in the list of guys who were considered the best NBA players of a stretch that didn't win championships.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:01 am

leadpipe wrote:Looking forward to seeing if the boards go "Groundhog Day" again concerning Lebron.

Last year pre-playoffs he was a useless choker, blah, blah,blah

Then he torched the Celts and he was a lucky fucker, riding Wade's coatails.

Then he ousted the Bulls while Wade played poorly.

This lead to many posters (including a few in this thread) reduced to whining that the Mavericks had no chance.

Then the Mavericks win and he's the biggest piece of shit in the world again.

And of course nothing will really matter until the post season, but it's fact he's playing better than ever.

The guys got issues. First and foremost being self-unaware. But he's the best player in the game. It's not close. As a rule, get the best player in the world on your squad, and good things happen.

Lastly, the only difference between Lebron and all these other guys is that he's better. NONE of these guys are living in the real world - any one of them that would have been handled like Lebron was from 12 years old on....good luck finding him rational. To think Kyrie is not going to head for ze hills in a few years cause he has a Dad is sadly mistaken.

By the way, if anyone feels the first part of this post is bullshit, re-read last years playoff thread. High comedy.

Sorry Lead but your constant praise of LeBron is flawed in that you continually ignore a couple of factors. First of if he was a choker in the post season for not gettin er done in CTown then he is a choker for last post season's disappearing act v. the Mavs. I mean FFS he had THE SUPPROTING CAST HE DIDN'T HAVE WHILE HERES!. Admittedly it wasn't quite the same as his Mr. Obvious stunt in 2000Tank. Everyone in the know*, knows he tanked. Everyone. I mean I doubt there is a bigger flaw than being a full blown quitter.

Second, while nobody denies LBJ is among the best in the league, it can easily be argued he isn't THE best in the league, based on strictly the stupid ring argument. Most dangerous player, sure. Third, yeah he is probably the closest thing to a 5 tool player at his peak in this league, but the tool that should be the sharpest (his post up game) is still among the dustiest, dullest tools in his shed. Fact remains his game is heavily predicated on power and strength, which is driven by his legs. Legs that are getting older as every month goes by.

Playing his best ever, right now, debatable, but sheesh shouldn't he be with 2 AS'S starting besides him. ::doh::

...and yeah he was a POS b/c the Mavs won, he was a big part of the Mavs winning. Huge part to be accurate. BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE A TRIPLE DOUBLE!

Re: LBJ back playing with the Cavs, roster as is...anyone who believes he wouldn't infect this team the same way he did before is foolish. No matter how good Kyrie is or will be LeBron isn't relinquishing control or power for anyone, no matter the hierarchy of that players position in hoops strategy.

* = anyone who can tie their own shoes and has an IQ above 80.

FUDU

Unread postby pup » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am

I like the last part of that. Put LBJ on this team.

And they are the 2 seed right now.

Thousand's of people predicted the Heat would be unable to mesh efficiently enough to win a ring in year 1. They would have been better off not winning one by looking lost and out of control against the Bulls. Instead, they methodically destroyed them and all of the sudden they had to win. Even though they went deeper than most thought they would before the season. So they choked. And he is front and center.

But look around and discover when this year's team took off. When he stopped being a partner with Wade and became the unquestioned #1 on that team. They didn't finish the job last year because they were being too buddy buddy with each other. We have now entered the phase where Wade accepts it is LeBron's team (as it should have been from day 1) and Wade learns to play off him. And as that gets to be more comfortable, they will rattle off about 18 in a row and leave little doubt. All of that is because #6. They should play exactly like the Cavs did, but have All Stars instead of scrubs as the supporting cast.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 am

In and of itself it's not much news, but when you consider that Wade and LBJ are both on track to easily shoot their fewest number of threes in a season you can see where these guys are dedicated to changing their approach and actually getting work done.

LeBron has a long way to go down low. But he's now willing and he's more and more able every night (especially when you consider the slop he plays against down there most nights).

If your life is predicated upon the Magic never winning a title, make your final arrangements now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

pup wrote:Even though they went deeper than most thought they would before the season.

You have got to be kidding me.

So they choked. And he is front and center.

17-3-9
8-9-7
17-9-10
21-4-6

That's why they choked. Drop a 40 bomb in there and we're never having this discussion.

And that's why for all the talk about how the Heat have turned the corner for the eleventieth time since last October, I'm still in Missouri. Especially when the highest PER on the team is already showboating for his impending free agency in 2014.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Playing his best ever, right now, debatable, but sheesh shouldn't he be with 2 AS'S starting besides him.

No, it's not debatable; it's a straight-up fact. He's doing everything in Miami that we as Cleveland fans begged him to do for the last 3-4 years he was here, that being, taking less 3-pointers and working in the post more. Now, his bad habits are starting to seep back in as his 3-point attempts have steadily risen since Dec. and early Jan. He took exactly one total 3 in his first seven games; he's up to two 3's attempted per game which is still less than half than when he was in Cleveland (~4.5/game). This is actually OK since he's shooting a career best, among other things, 39% on his 3's. The other career bests are in shooting% (54%), rebounds (8.1), and PER (32.69) which, by the way, would be the highest PER for any player, ever, in the history of the NBA.

That this is James' best season is indisputable.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:44 pm

<-- spent most of last year making fun of the Heat's roster and actually called the Mavs in six.

It's different now.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Can't say this enough.

Assholes win titles.

Every year.

Yeah, FUDU, LBJ would sure "infect" the team if he came back. It'll be much better for Kyrie to keep passing to total stiffs that can't out the ball in the hoop. That'll keep him here for the next contract.

As Pup says, and anyone who isn't a total moron understands, Lebron with this garbage makes thema two seed. Which puts them in the playoffs, which gives them a chamnce to win. Forty fucking years for the Cavs and you can count the times on two fingers when they've even gotten into that position minus LBJ.

You guys can keep shiting in one hand, wishing in the other that they'll develop some kinda contending team out of the luckbox of a draft and zero ability to sign free agents. I'd rather gamble on seeing if the best player in the league will continue to choke. If he does, well, fuck em' then, but at least the franchise wouldn't continue to be one of the worst in sports.

And my whole point with Lebron is people still not seperating his talent, with his assholism. Not sure what hump doesn't think he's the best player in the game, and furthermore I can't really get how you guys can't follow the script. Cause someone will tell me a guy like Durant is better, meanwhile if the Heat win this year, Durant will be the next on the clock with the media as the guy that "can't get it done." then he'll win one, and it's on to someone else. Man, was Chicago fortunate they had a guy that could get a ring like Bill Wennington, clearly better than Barkley.

And by the way, it's clear the comments were a general answer to a question. Clearly, and per usual, the answer wasn't that well thought out, but really, there is no chance in holy hell he comes back. There's no chance he considers it, but one hypothetical has people saying irrational things.

Lastly Eo is spot on. The same toolbox guy down there last night with a sign saying Le______________ (fill in blank with alleged funny word, that isn't really funny and a guy making a zillion dollars ain't gonna pay attention to anyway) would be in fellate mode in about two seconds if he came back.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:<-- spent most of last year making fun of the Heat's roster and actually called the Mavs in six.

It's different now.

There was a bit of reasoned back up behind that prediction too. I remember tagging along on some of it, but was too cleveland butt hurt to make a prediction.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Spin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:07 am

leadpipe wrote:Can't say this enough.

Assholes win titles.

Every year.

Yeah, FUDU, LBJ would sure "infect" the team if he came back. It'll be much better for Kyrie to keep passing to total stiffs that can't out the ball in the hoop. That'll keep him here for the next contract.

As Pup says, and anyone who isn't a total moron understands, Lebron with this garbage makes thema two seed. Which puts them in the playoffs, which gives them a chamnce to win. Forty fucking years for the Cavs and you can count the times on two fingers when they've even gotten into that position minus LBJ.

You guys can keep shiting in one hand, wishing in the other that they'll develop some kinda contending team out of the luckbox of a draft and zero ability to sign free agents. I'd rather gamble on seeing if the best player in the league will continue to choke. If he does, well, fuck em' then, but at least the franchise wouldn't continue to be one of the worst in sports.

And my whole point with Lebron is people still not seperating his talent, with his assholism. Not sure what hump doesn't think he's the best player in the game, and furthermore I can't really get how you guys can't follow the script. Cause someone will tell me a guy like Durant is better, meanwhile if the Heat win this year, Durant will be the next on the clock with the media as the guy that "can't get it done." then he'll win one, and it's on to someone else. Man, was Chicago fortunate they had a guy that could get a ring like Bill Wennington, clearly better than Barkley.

And by the way, it's clear the comments were a general answer to a question. Clearly, and per usual, the answer wasn't that well thought out, but really, there is no chance in holy hell he comes back. There's no chance he considers it, but one hypothetical has people saying irrational things.

Lastly Eo is spot on. The same toolbox guy down there last night with a sign saying Le______________ (fill in blank with alleged funny word, that isn't really funny and a guy making a zillion dollars ain't gonna pay attention to anyway) would be in fellate mode in about two seconds if he came back.

I'm coming around on this too. He showed the Cavs, two years in, what we are without him. Who are you going to replace him with? Who are you going to bring to Cleveland that's better than him? Because you need someone better than him to win a ring. NBA teams just don't win titles without a future HOF'er or three. Think of all the great teams and great players who were shut out because they happened to come along during the MJ era...

And I'm so sick of hearing about his "Decision", and how he dissed us. Bullshit. We were the ones, the TV and radio and newspaper people, talking about how he never had a college signing day. How he missed out on that experience. And then he does it, and he's the fuckin antichrist.

"I'd rather gamble on seeing if the best player in the league will continue to choke."

+1. I'm not especially looking forward to this future:

Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm coming around on this too. He showed the Cavs, two years in, what we are without him. Who are you going to replace him with? Who are you going to bring to Cleveland that's better than him? Because you need someone better than him to win a ring. NBA teams just don't win titles without a future HOF'er or three. Think of all the great teams and great players who were shut out because they happened to come along during the MJ era...

And I'm so sick of hearing about his "Decision", and how he dissed us. Bullshit. We were the ones, the TV and radio and newspaper people, talking about how he never had a college signing day. How he missed out on that experience. And then he does it, and he's the fuckin antichrist.

"I'd rather gamble on seeing if the best player in the league will continue to choke."

Think of all the great players that have a ring b/c they've played in the LeBron era. Anymore including LeBron in the same paragraph as MJ should be a crime punishable by stoning.

JFC Spin he's a douche first and foremost b/c he tanked a playoff series. I guess one could say he's also a douche for not letting the Cavaliers in on his intentions leading up to FA, but that is ambiguous, and is pretty much the norm.

FUDU

Unread postby Spin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I understand, but I still believe the chances are better that LeBJ grows a bigger sack for the big games, than Casspi or Gee ever becoming an NBA starter.

I'm tired of the grudges, and the holier-than-thou ethical bullshit we hold athletes to in this area. While we watch rapists and killers and roid boilers and druggies winning championships, we run the Ron Harpers and Albert Belles out of town.

Fuck that, I just want to win.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 pm

"I'm tired of the grudges, and the holier-than-thou ethical bullshit we hold athletes to in this area. While we watch rapists and killers and roid boilers and druggies winning championships, we run the Ron Harpers and Albert Belles out of town."

I'm also tired of the grudges, and I think the rest of Cleveland should be too. But, it's hard to let go and move on when this stupid bastard keeps bringing it up. I mean, saying what he said earlier in the week served absolutely no purpose except for possibly improving his image, and getting massive amounts of attention. The post dunk theatrics, the pointless hypotheticals about a possible return to Cleveland are simply actions that this asshole does to get attention. He's a God damn diva unlike any other that I've seen before. At least Ochocinco and T.O. were funny. At least Reggie Jackson dominated the playoffs. This dude is an all bark and no bite, attention starved, media whore.

Kyrie's "Enjoyed myself so much at the monsters game with @RealTristan13...#ClevelandIsTheReason" tweet makes me think he might be different. Cribbs and Haden have already proven to be these type of quality people. Let's keep bringing in people like this to Cleveland.

Fuck LBJ.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Dude Cleveland has moved on. Yeah the guy is gonna get booed, fans will continue to say they can't stand him when his name comes up. But for the most part it was all about last year.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:Kyrie's "Enjoyed myself so much at the monsters game with @RealTristan13...#ClevelandIsTheReason" tweet makes me think he might be different.

::doh::

Cribbs and Haden have already proven to be these type of quality people. Let's keep bringing in people like this to Cleveland.

Different sport, different rules governing player movement. You have 5-6 years to get the talent around him to win a title.

Clock's running.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Who gives a fuck?

Gilbert and James can both eat shit and die for all I care.

Stupid dribbleball sport.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:Kyrie's "Enjoyed myself so much at the monsters game with @RealTristan13...#ClevelandIsTheReason" tweet makes me think he might be different.

Cribbs and Haden have already proven to be these type of quality people. Let's keep bringing in people like this to Cleveland.

Different sport, different rules governing player movement. You have 5-6 years to get the talent around him to win a title.

Clock's running.

Let's make a list of different guys.

Kevin Durant

end of list
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 am

Kyrie's "Enjoyed myself so much at the monsters game with @RealTristan13...#ClevelandIsTheReason" tweet makes me think he might be different. Cribbs and Haden have already proven to be these type of quality people. Let's keep bringing in people like this to Cleveland.

How much closer do Cribbs and Haden bring you to a title?

Screw getting Boy Scouts in here. What happens between the lines is what matters.

People let his FA talk, dancing on the baseline, and preening after dunks slide when he was sporting wine and gold (and blue. Funny how now, after he's really been exposed, it's an issue.

I want a chance every spring to watch this team win the prize. An LBJ gives them a much better chance than hoping TT, Gee, or Casspi catch lighniting in a bottle for 6 weeks
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 am

Orenthal wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Clock's running.

Let's make a list of different guys.

Kevin Durant

end of list

I'll give it up to Russell Westbrook too. That one stunned me.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:56 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:That this is James' best season is indisputable.

Well with Norris Cole feeding him what do you expect?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 pm

leadpipe wrote:Can't say this enough.

Assholes win titles.

Every year.

So IOW Eye2eye7 is the Russ + Whitey Ford of Cleveland sports forums?
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'll give it up to Russell Westbrook too. That one stunned me.

I almost listed Westbrook, but wondered if he signs without Durant. But, eh, why not. We now have two!
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Love wants to stay in Minny, now whether they are going to pay him or not is a big question
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:33 am

leadpipe wrote: Cause someone will tell me a guy like Durant is better, meanwhile if the Heat win this year, Durant will be the next on the clock with the media as the guy that "can't get it done." then he'll win one, and it's on to someone else.

Nahhh. Everyone blames Westbrook because they like Durant. Cause he's not an ass hole.

See how this works?
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Love wants to stay in Minny, now whether they are going to pay him or not is a big question

...and three is a trend!
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:49 am

and Eric Gordon is going to sign in Indy (assuming he ever gets healthy).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 am

...and Wilson Chandler prolly stays in Denver. Though at some point, my point :thumb up: , was top tier super star players.

Which is a very relative term for the Cavaliers.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 am

Fair, but Chandler is not a top ten caliber player like a healthy Gordon, or a healthy Aldridge.....

Just sayin' that more top ten players have stayed or are willing to stay than DURANT!!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

LeBron hiring a PR firm is a bit interesting. I just wonder how preemptive this move could be in his future career move(s).

FUDU

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA