Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Re: JTA's Players to Watch

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

RG3
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:I think if you're going to blow a first round pick on a suspected douchebag, you just use that pick to get Djax from Philly. At least we KNOW he's a douchebag, and then you're assured of at least getting the first round talent. Last time we drafted the primadonna WR, we only got one year of talent and 5 years of assbagery.

Couldn't agree more. And you might be able to get DJax for a 2nd.

Plus, if he's a WR and he's any good at all, it's a safe bet he's a d-bag.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:I think if you're going to blow a first round pick on a suspected douchebag, you just use that pick to get Djax from Philly. At least we KNOW he's a douchebag, and then you're assured of at least getting the first round talent. Last time we drafted the primadonna WR, we only got one year of talent and 5 years of assbagery.

Like the thinking here, DJax in a Browns uniform sounds great; but I think Philly more than likely puts the franchise tag on him.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm

DJax would be severly limited by the bullshit offense this team runs. Similar to RG3.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Like the thinking here, DJax in a Browns uniform sounds great; but I think Philly more than likely puts the franchise tag on him.

Thus my assertion he might be available for a 2nd - the 2nd that you'd have to trade to Philly for him after they Franchise him. Philly is willing to deal him, but they want something for their trouble - bet on the Franchise tag.

PS - I don't even make this move unless you get RG3. These are the Cleveland fuckin' Browns. Unless you bring in a big name talent like RG3 (who you can sell to DJax as Vick Only Smarter), he will be incredibly unenthused about being shipped to the North Coast.

And if you trade for DJax and try to sell him on Colt fuckin' McCoy, you will have a locker room disaster almost immediately. You stick with Colt, you draft a WR with that 2nd that won't have the NFL cred to become a massive distraction as a Rook.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:DJax would be severly limited by the bullshit offense this team runs. Similar to RG3.

True or not, Heckert's job description probably doesn't say anything about "not even trying to acquire talent because Holmgren's coach sucks too much".
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am

Hikohadon wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:DJax would be severly limited by the bullshit offense this team runs. Similar to RG3.

True or not, Heckert's job description probably doesn't say anything about "not even trying to acquire talent because Holmgren's coach sucks too much".

No arguing there, better to have one guy doing his job well than none.

That said, D-Jax could legit turn crazy prima donna on MUR!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

No arguing there, better to have one guy doing his job well than none.

That said, D-Jax could legit turn crazy prima donna on MUR!!!

No doubt about that.

Guys like that just aren't coming here right now unless you crazily over pay them. They're just not. Not until the QB situation is stable.

I want no part of guys like DeSean Jackson and Dwayne Bowe anyway. Not when, for whatever reason good or bad, they've quit or taken games off in the past. That's not the guy you want here. I could deal with a malcontent if that guy didn't take it on the field, but if they'll lie down for any reason then fuck that.

Both those guys laid down before. Could you imagine the cavalcade of reasons they'd have to do it again in this system with this coaching staff?

Build the foundation and then add the art work.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:Guys like that just aren't coming here right now unless you crazily over pay them. They're just not. Not until the QB situation is stable.

I want no part of guys like DeSean Jackson and Dwayne Bowe anyway. Not when, for whatever reason good or bad, they've quit or taken games off in the past. That's not the guy you want here. I could deal with a malcontent if that guy didn't take it on the field, but if they'll lie down for any reason then fuck that.

Both those guys laid down before. Could you imagine the cavalcade of reasons they'd have to do it again in this system with this coaching staff?

Build the foundation and then add the art work.

I'm down with this, cuz I just never get tired of dudes whining that we have the worst WR corps in the United States and that we can't judge so-and-so cuz the WR's are so bad and how Holmgren & Co are purposely trying to lose so they can laugh their way to the platinum-lined vaults of their Agent's palatial mansion for a huge party with hookers and blow. Those stories are a hoot.

I also acknowledge that those 2 WR's are the only ones that seem to quit and have been trouble for their teams. Most talented WR's are noble gentlemen that are team-first types, but these 2 seem to be more interested in money and themselves, which is certainly not what being a WR is about.

Sure, they're super-talented and would probably play hard if they got paid and had a competent QB throwing to them, but why do that when we can draft an unknown who will end up just like them (if we're lucky enough that he has their success)?

Besides, I'd hate to use those draft picks on other positions.

And to reiterate my earlier, non-asshole take:

PS - I don't even make this move unless you get RG3. These are the Cleveland fuckin' Browns. Unless you bring in a big name talent like RG3 (who you can sell to DJax as Vick Only Smarter), he will be incredibly unenthused about being shipped to the North Coast.

And if you trade for DJax and try to sell him on Colt fuckin' McCoy, you will have a locker room disaster almost immediately. You stick with Colt, you draft a WR with that 2nd that won't have the NFL cred to become a massive distraction as a Rook.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Brian, any way we can move all the DJax stuff to another thread so we don't hijack/pollute Jason's thread with petty squabbling? :cheers:
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I also acknowledge that those 2 WR's are the only ones that seem to quit and have been trouble for their teams. Most talented WR's are noble gentlemen that are team-first types, but these 2 seem to be more interested in money and themselves, which is certainly not what being a WR is about.

Sure, they're super-talented and would probably play hard if they got paid and had a competent QB throwing to them, but why do that when we can draft an unknown who will end up just like them (if we're lucky enough that he has their success)?

Hey, Dickweed- Bowe put up numbers when he wasn't being a whiny, fucking bitch with Damon Huard and Brody Croyle throwing him the football. And DeSean Jackson was truly hampered by Mike Vick's last couple Charlie Frye-like years.

So you can blow me regarding that retort or at least save it for Rat Tail. ;-) ;) :wink:

You want Colston or Meacham or Reggie Wayne then that's fine. Because I don't recall saying a word about getting a WR through free agency. Just that I'm not overpaying for those two assholes.

You're getting defensive in your old age. Not everyone is wearing tin foil hats. I like to think you can prefer Meacham or Colston or whatever without expecting ^^ that.

:thumb up:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Brian, any way we can move all the DJax stuff to another thread so we don't hijack/pollute Jason's thread with petty squabbling? :cheers:

I don't know how to do these things man.

I've asked, no one is sharing. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Polarizing Dickheads- WR Edition

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Trying to clean up the JTA Players to Watch thread because Hiko polluted it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Re: Polarizing Dickheads- WR Edition

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 pm

I DID IT!!!!!

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Alright, I've actually done that stuff before. But I still can't pin/sticky a thread.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:I DID IT!!!!!

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Alright, I've actually done that stuff before. But I still can't pin/sticky a thread.

Go to bottom of thread.

Select second drop down menu.

Select "sticky", "global", or "announcement"
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

WHY WOULD YOU TELL HIM THAT?!

Watching him continue to exist as the single least competent mod ever has been a consistent point of enjoyment around here and you just made him a little more capable... SMH
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:53 pm

pup wrote:

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Go to bottom of thread.

Cannot remember the other thread you were trying to pin to the top, but I remember looking to help. I know in the Cavs forum, even though I am a mod, I cannot do perform the same tasks.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Also, how in the eff do I end up the person that started this thread? You just did that so you could name the thread polarizing dickheads, didn't you?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I also acknowledge that those 2 WR's are the only ones that seem to quit and have been trouble for their teams. Most talented WR's are noble gentlemen that are team-first types, but these 2 seem to be more interested in money and themselves, which is certainly not what being a WR is about.

Hey, Dickweed- Bowe put up numbers when he wasn't being a whiny, fucking bitch with Damon Huard and Brody Croyle throwing him the football. And DeSean Jackson was truly hampered by Mike Vick's last couple Charlie Frye-like years.

So you can blow me regarding that retort or at least save it for Rat Tail. ;-) ;) :wink:

You want Colston or Meacham or Reggie Wayne then that's fine. Because I don't recall saying a word about getting a WR through free agency. Just that I'm not overpaying for those two assholes.

You're getting defensive in your old age. Not everyone is wearing tin foil hats. I like to think you can prefer Meacham or Colston or whatever without expecting ^^ that.

:thumb up:

Laughing... sorry man, that wasn't even really aimed at you. I've just decided that since reason hasn't worked in the past, I'm going to be a condescending prick about everything since maybe mockery will work better than common sense. It's much easier, takes less thought, and if it doesn't work, at least I hopefully insulted someone.

It's called the E0 Principle.

So don't take offense when I go overboard next time... it won't mean a thang.

Laughing again... don't know the last time I was called Dickweed.

And for a moment of actual adult conversation... DJax is the WR we need, skill-set-wise. Bowe is nice, so is Colston, but the speedy deep threat home-run dude is the dude we're missing. Wayne I wouldn't bother with since he's up there in age and will be looking for a Ring Team, Bowe and Colston and VJax are both good sized possession guys, maybe Meachum is the closest to home-run after DJax, but I'm not sure he'll ever be on DJax's level.

Not that I would be unhappy with Bowe or Colston or VJax... just that DJax is the guy that I feel would provide the biggest spark.

IF you can get him to come here and IF you can keep him happy which will only have a chance IF we get a real QB.

If they keep Colt at QB, I'm not sure I care what WR they bring in here. Or if they bring any WR in at all. Or if they even play.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:06 pm

pup wrote:

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Go to bottom of thread.

I don't have that capability then.

I knew it had to be something like that since I know pretty much everything about everything regardless of what e0y2e3 might tell you.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:It's called the E0 Principle.

I'm familiar with this principle. I believe it to be aptly named.

Laughing again... don't know the last time I was called Dickweed.

Chet from Weird Science may be one of the best e0y2e3-like characters ever. "This is pretty good....now go make one for yourself, Dickweed.

And Lee- you're in here solely for 3 characters- RG3

it was only by Grace of God that a certain souldawg didn't hear that or follow it with an ode to the kid from Baylor.

Well... that and you, like a few of us, are a polarizing dickhead. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Go to bottom of thread.

I knew it had to be something like that since I know pretty much everything about everything regardless of what e0y2e3 might tell you.

You don't have a quick-mod tool drop down? Or there are no choices for sticky, global, announcement?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:28 pm

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:

FUCK OFF EVERYONE!!!!

Go to bottom of thread.

You don't have a quick-mod tool drop down? Or there are no choices for sticky, global, announcement?

I have the drop-down but not those options.

Apparently Swerb metes out power like the government so that there is a series of checks and balances and no one mod is all-powerful.

Or he just doesn't feel like fixing it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Peeker, if you edit the original post in a thread, you should be able to sticky or global em ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm

swerb wrote:Peeker, if you edit the original post in a thread, you should be able to sticky or global em ...

Went into the Browns tix post to try. No option to sticky/pin the thread in Edit mode. Not that I saw anyway.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 am

peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:Peeker, if you edit the original post in a thread, you should be able to sticky or global em ...

Went into the Browns tix post to try. No option to sticky/pin the thread in Edit mode. Not that I saw anyway.

So, which topic you looking to pin in the Browns because I can handle that one for ya.

Next time, a fee.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 am

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

So, which topic you looking to pin in the Browns because I can handle that one for ya.

Next time, a fee.

I'm not. I was trying to use one of my own to pin. I guess it's actually in the Marketplace Forum anyway.

But thanks.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Hikohadon wrote: ....and how Holmgren & Co are purposely trying to lose so they can laugh their way to the platinum-lined vaults of their Agent's palatial mansion for a huge party with hookers and blow. Those stories are a hoot.

Please stop distorting my POV. I never wrote they were losing on purpose.

And the walls of Bob Lomonte's vault are lined with rare earth metals, not platinum. Dickweed.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Thats fine though, aquire the talent, worry about the rest later.

Hopefully you just end up hiring the right chef when Paddy gets fired.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL