Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LBJ's recent comments

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Absolutely stunned that this isn't a topic yet. LBJ talk like beating a dead horse? Too angry to create a topic about it?
Whatever the reasons, I felt it needed to be done. I'm not sure who this interview was done with, or on what platform these words were spewed out of LBJ's mouth.

This is what he said: "I think it would be great, it would be fun to play in front of these fans again," James said after the Heat's practice Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena. I had a lot of fun times here. You can't predict the future. Hopefully you continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule that out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."

And about Gilbert: "I don't hold grudges, I hold them a little bit but I don't hold them that long," James said. "He said what he said out of anger. He probably would want to take that back, but I made a mistake, too. There's some things I'd want to take back as well. You learn from your mistakes and move on."

I, like 99% of those on TCF (I am guessing)would vehemently oppose ever seeing him in a Cavs uniform. Not matter what the circumstances, I would never want him playing for my favorite team again. There's a million reasons I think this but I'll just go with one. In seven seasons, plus one more in Miami, he has not been able to get it done. Simple as that. I could make it more in depth but it's not worth it.

On to why he's making such stupid ignorant comments while he's just on the second year of his campaign in Miami. I think he's saying this bullshit in an effort to repair his shitty image. That by saying he forgives the entire city of Cleveland and his former boss (all while apologizing at the same time), he's a good guy and people should like him again. BULLSPIT.

Now, Aaron Goldhammer was on ESPN earlier saying that it's 50/50 among Clevelanders (on Twitter btw), on the topic of whether they would welcome him back or not. I find it really hard to believe that this would be accurate if everyone was actually asked to give their opinion. I just wish LeBron would let dead dogs lie and move on. For Christs sake you'd think that's what he (and his teammates) would want too. Fucking amazing.
Quotes from ESPN.com
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm

HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE THE VILLAIN ANYMORE AND IS TRYING TO PLAY NICE, HE HAS SAID AS MUCH. COMMENTS HAVE NO INTRINSIC MEANING.

and anyone that pretends they wouldn't welcome him back is a liar, titles heal all.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Apparently the timing of his verbal shield going up is lost on some.

Nice to see his personal publicist Brian Windhorst with LBJ's dick in his mouth again. Guy's gonna play Baghdad Bob right up until the day LBJ retires and then he'll write his Sam Smith book to cap off his run as the biggest athlete swallowing pos who ever plugged in a laptop.

I don't know which one I have less respect for. LBJ for being a cowardly piece of shit of Brian Windhorst for being the gutless fucking bitch of a cowardly piece of shit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Do some villainous shit, get looked at like a viiain, doesn't matter what you want. And no way in hell would I want him back. If he came back, I would hope he would bring a title to Cleveland. I'm all out of hope when it comes to LeBron. He couldn't deliver, and that's that.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:and anyone that pretends they wouldn't welcome him back is a liar, titles heal all.


I absolutely do not want him back on the Cavs, title or not. I am not angry or bitter, I just wouldn't want to cheer for him, it wouldn't bring me enjoyment for him to win. I do however wonder what it would be like to have Kyrie and LeBron playing together.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:and anyone that pretends they wouldn't welcome him back is a liar, titles heal all.


I absolutely do not want him back on the Cavs, title or not. I am not angry or bitter, I just wouldn't want to cheer for him, it wouldn't bring me enjoyment for him to win. I do however wonder what it would be like to have Kyrie and LeBron playing together.


Unfortunately, I think it would be much better than any other combination he had while he was in Cleveland. But shit, I'm only talking regular season here..
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:27 pm

All the drunks, rapists, wife-beaters, and manslaughters that sports teams hitch their wagons to in order to win, and LBJ is the guy we would pick up pitchforks and torches in order to keep from coming back.

Yea, Cleveland knows how to win.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 pm

I don't care what anyone says, first ten game winning streak and they would change their tune.

PLUS, LBJ could probably get Tristan The Canadian shooting at LEAST 45% from the field.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:All the drunks, rapists, wife-beaters, and manslaughters that sports teams hitch their wagons to in order to win, and LBJ is the guy we would pick up pitchforks and torches in order to keep from coming back.

Yea, Cleveland knows how to win.


I think he's a sad, pathetic, weak individual who's an entitled piece of shit. I think he's a fatherless asshole raised by a drug and booze-addled mother and I think he lacks the responsibility and accountability to ever be anything more than the perhaps the greatest athletic talent the game has ever seen.

And if that athletic talent could lead this team and this town to a title I'd have him back here to do it.

I didn't care to see what he was before. I saw it more clearly when he left and I think the entire world (the minority that isn't fucking stupid) now knows him for all that he is and is not.

So I know what he is now. He's a scared, talented, entitled, ego-centric asshole with great ability and talent.

In other words, he's a typical professional athlete that I was dumb enough to think was something different 7 years ago.

He was always all of that. Even when I gave a fuck about him.

If he comes back here he'll still be all of that. And he'll still be one of the best players on the planet. He may never grow up and figure it out. Maybe we need to.

Most of them are assholes. I'll take the most talented assholes ya wanna run out their in Cleveland gear.

But if ya think this is about anything other than Bron and his bitch WIndy cranking up the image machine rehabilitation machine you're a fool.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Yes, I'm sure it's no coincidence this is what comes out the day before he's playing in Cleveland. He probably thinks he'll get booed less.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Yes, I'm sure it's no coincidence this is what comes out the day before he's playing in Cleveland. He probably thinks he'll get booed less.


Umm.. yeah..that's really what it comes down to: not getting as much shit tomorrow night. And understanding that the masses are malleable and easily manipulated and having a douchebag like Brian Windhorst there to 'legitimize' the message.

Pathetic, no?

Almost as pathetic as the attempt is the fact it will work to an extent.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Fuck LeBron. Fuck him right in the ear.

No way in hell would I ever want him on the Cavs again.

It never will, nor should it happen.

Not unless he really really wanted to come back. Maybe then. But not under any other circumstances.

Like I said, He'd have to be sorry about what he did and really want to be here. Then maybe.

If he wanted to come back, and he could help improve the Cavs then I'd consider it.

You don't think he really wants to come back, do you? I mean, maybe the guy changed a little.

I mean, he is a good basketball player, and he is from here. We've all done stupid things.

Do you suppose he might really come back? I mean, if we let him and let bygones be bygones? I mean, if it's a possibility, we'd be crazy not to consider it, right?

Is there a petition I could sign somewhere?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Yes, I'm sure it's no coincidence this is what comes out the day before he's playing in Cleveland. He probably thinks he'll get booed less.


I mean yeah, that's pretty obvious. I hope they boo the hell out of him again, and the Cavs can pull off a win. I have been progressively getting over my hatred of the man, but he has to come out and add insult to injury. He's such a fucking idiot to think those comments would be beneficial to him. The shit amazes me.

Per ESPN: Dwyane Wade, who helped convince James to leave Cleveland two years ago, admitted he could see James coming back -- but not in the near future.

"Anything is possible," Wade said. "Hopefully I'm retired."

How does he/his personal 'team' not realize that statements like this could put his teammates in postions where they're being asked stupid ass hypothetical questions? Maybe they realize it and just don't care. Yeah, I think that's it.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

He ain't coming back with Gilbert heading things up. Period.

He'd have to come back tail tucked between his legs (after choking in the finals more than likely), promising to not be the monster that he was here, and then kiss Gilbert's ass. Do a reverse "Decision" if you will.

Would I welcome him back? My homer side says no. But I could see how him coming back could possibly help us win a title. But the real question is, in that regard? when would he be coming back? How much have his skills diminished?

If this is the 2012-2013 season, and we've built this team, Kyrie, TT, and -insert 2012 draft pick here- are already progressing , and we don't need to trade for him, I guess I could accept him back. This clearly wouldn't be his team though, it'd be Kyrie's. This isn't the 07 Cavs, this is a team coached by Byron Scott, who wouldn't treat him like Mike Brown would. We're talking about a completely different situation, We're talking about a completely different LeQuit. Likely, if he'd come back it's him trying to rehab his image here, and trying to put on the "Good Guy" hat within the community.

He'd also be hungry, and in desperate need of a title to put in basketball val-halla. He ain't looking so good right now, He ain't going to be on Jordan's level, this is fact. So that may bode well for us.

It's unlikely though, as said. If he bails, it likely won't be to us, and he'll be stuck somewhere like Orlando in bball purgatory.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6379
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby swerb » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 pm

I think he's a sad, pathetic, weak individual who's an entitled piece of shit. I think he's a fatherless asshole raised by a drug and booze-addled mother and I think he lacks the responsibility and accountability to ever be anything more than the perhaps the greatest athletic talent the game has ever seen.

I'm with Peeker, but I would not cheer for that piece of shit if he was a Cavalier. Not even after the 10 game winning streak. If I have to reduce myself for cheering for scumbags like that, it's time to find a new hobby. I would cease being a Cavaliers fan if he came back, and I truly mean that.

His shit is so contrived its amazing, the whole interview. He's the dangerous combo of stupid and scripted. He just wants to be loved. Him and his moron handlers, too GD stupid to realize the fallout from The Decision. Been trying to win everyones love back ever since. In between treating the basketball like a live grenade in the 4th quarters of big games.

I realize that a lot of the players I do cheer for are assholes behind the scenes. But I could never cheer for this asshole. That cess pool down in South Florida is the perfect place for that scumbag. Them and their loser bandwagon fans. Stay there.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17918
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Triple-S wrote:He'd also be hungry, and in desperate need of a title to put in basketball val-halla. He ain't looking so good right now, He ain't going to be on Jordan's level, this is fact. So that may bode well for us.


He is playing absolutely amazing basketball right now, including finally not chucking threes like they are going out of style.

And LBJ would be the leader of any team he is one, period. The amount of respect Kyrie, TT and every single other player in the league has for him is off the charts.

BTW: TT is regressing, not progressing.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 pm

No. It wouldn't be Kyrie's team. Kyrie would be the very good point guard on LeBron's team.

Any team LeBron isnon is LeBron's team. Except Kobe. I guess there are a few players who you could argue it would be "both their team", like Wade and Durant.

but, yes, I'd take him back. In a second. The only difference is that this time I don't have blinders on. I know he's a pathetic piece of shit. But he'd be the pathetic piece of shit winning games for one of the teams I am absolutely desperate to see win a championship.

I root for laundry. I want the most talented player on the planet to wear my team's laundry. Of course i do.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm

I also find it funny that people truly believe that Kyrie's situation will be different here.

"He's a good kid" , "He comes from a good family and is bright".

Yep. True and true. And I'll bet my last nickel he's not a Cavalier for life and that he spends the prime of his career somewhere else.

He won't do it like a self-absorbed narcissistic asshole who thought he was bigger than the blowback his decision caused him, but he'll do it.

Y'all can wrap yourselves in your Cavs snuggy and curl up in front of the TV, tell me I'm wrong and state your case.

But you'll be wrong.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:and anyone that pretends they wouldn't welcome him back is a liar, titles heal all.


As time passes my view gets closer to this. Do I want him back, no, I'd rather win it without him and rub it in his face. But if he came back and at some point helped us win a title, I would just say dude helped us win a championship. I'm just so much closer to the paid mercenary take that loyalty has little play in my opinion on pro sports.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I don't miss lebron james the human being, I do miss lebron james the athlete.

The winters here can be ungodly, but it would be fun to come inside during those cold winter nights and watch that team compete at a high level. A true rarity in the history of Cleveland Sports.

Could have been amazing.

Honest to god question here..

IF Lequit doesn't go mental (and already have plans to book) against the magic and celtics, do the Cavs have a chance in hell against the lake show?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6379
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:I also find it funny that people truly believe that Kyrie's situation will be different here.

"He's a good kid" , "He comes from a good family and is bright".

Yep. True and true. And I'll bet my last nickel he's not a Cavalier for life and that he spends the prime of his career somewhere else.

He won't do it like a self-absorbed narcissistic asshole who thought he was bigger than the blowback his decision caused him, but he'll do it.

Y'all can wrap yourselves in your Cavs snuggy and curl up in front of the TV, tell me I'm wrong and state your case.

But you'll be wrong.


But hey he isn't fatherless and his mother wasn't drug addled. ;-) ;) :wink:

Just win games and don't hold the team hostage until over a week into FA. Being the run of the mill entitled athlete too much to ask?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Orenthal wrote:But hey he isn't fatherless and his mother wasn't drug addled. ;-) ;) :wink:


There might be more than a little passive-aggressive run at LBJ on that description but it's honestly meant more as a reason why LBJ is the way he is than anything else.

Absentee crack whore mom hits genetic lottery, turns kid over to an AAU system that capitalizes on and encourages the entitlement, etc., etc.

He's a deeply fucked up dude in terms of his world view and his coping mechanisms, accountability, etc. But it really is a wonder he's not more fucked up and hasn't been in actual trouble.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:But hey he isn't fatherless and his mother wasn't drug addled. ;-) ;) :wink:


There might be more than a little passive-aggressive run at LBJ on that description but it's honestly meant more as a reason why LBJ is the way he is than anything else.

Absentee crack whore mom hits genetic lottery, turns kid over to an AAU system that capitalizes on and encourages the entitlement, etc., etc.

He's a deeply fucked up dude in terms of his world view and his coping mechanisms, accountability, etc. But it really is a wonder he's not more fucked up and hasn't been in actual trouble.


I think your read on KI as a professional athlete is apt and where I am at in terms of these guys. Guys like KD and seemingly Westbrook are the exceptions.

Good call on LBJ not being a bigger fuckup. That gave birth to a lot of the, "Hey this guy is different," shit. Look what he overcame and he is so mature. KI had the more stable upbringing, and since that is diametrically opposed to our latest experience we somehow invest the same "he is different" logic.

Doomed Doomed!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 am

e0y2e3 wrote:HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE THE VILLAIN ANYMORE AND IS TRYING TO PLAY NICE, HE HAS SAID AS MUCH. COMMENTS HAVE NO INTRINSIC MEANING.

and anyone that pretends they wouldn't welcome him back is a liar, titles heal all.



Correct.

And we blow at the wings. Adding what will still probably be the best wing player in the game in 3 years would make this bunch a contender if we get a decent 5 once TT harnesses all that totally awesome athletic talent.

Kyrie will be near rime and > than a broken down Wade, and Bosh is a fish any way.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am

peeker643 wrote:Apparently the timing of his verbal shield going up is lost on some.

Nice to see his personal publicist Brian Windhorst with LBJ's dick in his mouth again. Guy's gonna play Baghdad Bob right up until the day LBJ retires and then he'll write his Sam Smith book to cap off his run as the biggest athlete swallowing pos who ever plugged in a laptop.

I don't know which one I have less respect for. LBJ for being a cowardly piece of shit of Brian Windhorst for being the gutless fucking bitch of a cowardly piece of shit.



Definatly Windhorst.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:11 am

Triple-S wrote:He ain't coming back with Gilbert heading things up. Period.

He'd have to come back tail tucked between his legs (after choking in the finals more than likely), promising to not be the monster that he was here, and then kiss Gilbert's ass. Do a reverse "Decision" if you will.



Well, he's done the first.

And TMLP is no idiot. It's all about franchi$e value and butt$ in seat$. That heal$ a lot of animosity.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 am

Triple-S wrote:I don't miss lebron james the human being, I do miss lebron james the athlete.

The winters here can be ungodly, but it would be fun to come inside during those cold winter nights and watch that team compete at a high level. A true rarity in the history of Cleveland Sports.

Could have been amazing.

Honest to god question here..

IF Lequit doesn't go mental (and already have plans to book) against the magic and celtics, do the Cavs have a chance in hell against the lake show?



And there it is.

Anyone who says that now is more fun than 2007- 2010 either has the last name "Gilbert" or is lying out the wazoo or is butt-hurt into absurdity. Bron + Kyrie + the mighty Flying Canuck = Finals.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:58 am

Titles do indeed heal all. I'm just remiss in finding any evidence that LeQuit can actually bring one to Miami, let alone one back here. He just hasn't been the same since Beijing '08.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 am

Year one was the year to be pissed that he left and spit the anger in his direction. He found out it wasn't greener over the fence. No title, Cleveland fans happy.

IF he came back, he makes this team, hell any team, a contender. Between the base lines I'd root for him. Off the court, could really give a damn what he does. These guys are worthless to me once the jersey comes off.


Not gonna hold my breath though that he does opt out. Might just be an attempt to have his current team drop to their knees and beg him to stay so he feels wanted
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 am

FTR: Sam Amico, the biggest fucking hack in existence, is the person that started this all. He wrote an article where he claimed "sources told him LBJ would opt out because of Pat Riley's disciplinarian ways" which is pretty much the single biggest lie anyone has ever put on paper. But, it's Amico, so what do you expect (him and Barry working together now amuses me to no end). LBJ's unoriginal creative team saw what Amico wrote and how it was getting some play and turned a press conf into putting his idea into motion.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:15 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Titles do indeed heal all. I'm just remiss in finding any evidence that LeQuit can actually bring one to Miami, let alone one back here. He just hasn't been the same since Beijing '08.


LBJ this year is the best LBJ I have ever seen, bar none.

The whole "not jacking threes" thing is something I didn't even think was possible.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 am

Think back to the 2 years before he left Cleveland.

All you heard was New York. Because that is what the story would be.

Now, New York doesn't care because they act like they wouldn't want him because of the decision and they have someone else all over the headlines. So he needs the next city to drive the next biggest free agent in the history of the league train.

He wouldn't dare fuck with Kobe and LA. Rose already punks him about not needing him in Chicago. What is left? Cleveland. Plus the ability to "win back some fans" angle.

Get ready, because this will be a story until the next decision. When he decides to team up with Dwight Howard in city "x".
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Raab hammers it again.

LeBron may not be able to predict the future, but I can: Dwyane Wade will continue to age and suffer injury. LeBron will continue to be forced to do what he did as a Cavalier — carry an offense without a quality point guard, while burdened by a head coach devoid of creativity. He'll continue yearning for home and for fans who actually give a damn about more than mojitos and muff. And Pat Riley, president of the Heat, will continue to hope that sometime before 2014, LeBron's testicles will finally and fully descend.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron- ... z1mewOwitc


And @stepienrules (Brendan Bowers) with a great look at it too:

http://bit.ly/zlyQGR
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22708
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Bullshit, Norris Cole is in Miami, they have an elite PG.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Strictly from an on the floor basketball standpoint I can honestly say I do not and would not want him back.

He's a black hole. Not in the traditional obvious sense but in terms of everything else outside of giving up the rock. Call it anything you want, control freak, ego maniac (which directly relates to on the floor stuff), whatever. He has not changed his overall mindset about the game and by the time he does he'll be far enough removed from the player he was or could have been to want him back to be the impact we would need or desire.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:08 pm

jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I don't miss lebron james the human being, I do miss lebron james the athlete.

The winters here can be ungodly, but it would be fun to come inside during those cold winter nights and watch that team compete at a high level. A true rarity in the history of Cleveland Sports.

Could have been amazing.

Honest to god question here..

IF Lequit doesn't go mental (and already have plans to book) against the magic and celtics, do the Cavs have a chance in hell against the lake show?



And there it is.

Anyone who says that now is more fun than 2007- 2010 either has the last name "Gilbert" or is lying out the wazoo or is butt-hurt into absurdity. Bron + Kyrie + the mighty Flying Canuck = Finals.


There is no Bron + Kyrie if Bron doesn't skedaddle.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 pm

All of these ridiculous LBJ centered takes (he's a black hole!!!!) on here and twitter have made me genuinely hope he goes for 60 - 10 - 10 tonight.

And if there is a god he'll piss on Dan Gilbert's car after doing so.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Knew the moment I typed it you wouldn't understand it.

I hope he goes for 70-20-20, it wouldn't change one thing about who he is on or off the court.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

FUDU wrote:Knew the moment I typed it you wouldn't understand it.

I hope he goes for 70-20-20, it wouldn't change one thing about who he is on or off the court.


The most talented player in the world...
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm

pup wrote:
FUDU wrote:Knew the moment I typed it you wouldn't understand it.

I hope he goes for 70-20-20, it wouldn't change one thing about who he is on or off the court.


The most talented player in the world...


Correction, the most dangerous player in the world.

So.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:38 pm

I just want to know what the rhetoric is going to be after he wins three straight rings.... can't wait.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:All of these ridiculous LBJ centered takes (he's a black hole!!!!) on here and twitter have made me genuinely hope he goes for 60 - 10 - 10 tonight.

And if there is a god he'll piss on Dan Gilbert's car after doing so.



Ontologically speaking, I do not consider that probable, although He is omnipotent. He could probably make a Mallik film interesting, too.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I just want to know what the rhetoric is going to be after he wins three straight rings.... can't wait.



I'll be at all 3 parades here.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:All of these ridiculous LBJ centered takes (he's a black hole!!!!) on here and twitter have made me genuinely hope he goes for 60 - 10 - 10 tonight.

And if there is a god he'll piss on Dan Gilbert's car after doing so.



Ontologically speaking, I do not consider that probable, although He is omnipotent. He could probably make a Mallik film interesting, too.


I knew you would love Tree of Life.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:52 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I just want to know what the rhetoric is going to be after he wins three straight rings.... can't wait.


He just might, wait, they just might. B/C he isn't going to win anything without other superstar presences around him. But he better do it real soon, b/c if he doesn't have a ring within 2-3 years, the chances are better he'll never get one.

But the rhetoric, or fact (for the sake of all LBJ discussions) will be what it always has been, he needs tons of help while not quite being "the man" to get er done.

If he does get a ring, it will be the most anticlimactic ring in history.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:54 pm

FUDU wrote:
pup wrote:
FUDU wrote:Knew the moment I typed it you wouldn't understand it.

I hope he goes for 70-20-20, it wouldn't change one thing about who he is on or off the court.


The most talented player in the world...


Correction, the most dangerous player in the world.

So.


I would like to have as many of the most talented/dangerous/skilled people in the world at what they do as I possibly can. Football players, doctors, teachers, bosses...whatever the case.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:55 pm

He was the most clutch player in the NBA before 2010, now he has had two bad playoffs and instead of waiting to see what his story ends up we're writing the biography and sending it to print.

YEP, CLEVELAND ROCKS
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:He was the most clutch player in the NBA before 2010...


SMH

(<--enjoys being The One Guy Who Voted Against the Iraq War, RE: LBJ...toldjy'allz soez!!!)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:07 pm

^ doesn't appreciate the balls it takes to walk out on that limb and scream "LEBRON IS AWESOME AND WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN MIAMIS!"
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: LBJ's recent comments

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 pm

LBJ has flaws.

So does your member wanking inspiration Peyton Manning.

You still take that talent on your team any chance you get.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests