Text Size

High School Sports

High School Football

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

High School Football

Unread postby yargs7 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:02 pm

Ok fellas...It's almost time for high school football season to kick off. We all know football is religion in Northeast Ohio. There has to be some folks like me who still follow their alma maters very closely. Here in the Youngstown/Warren area, high school football is taken about as seriously as the NFL and College ball. So, who do you support and do you have any thoughts on this upcoming season??
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:08 pm

My alma mater ... Eastlake North.

I've never been a huge HS football guy. However, we're looking at maybe buying a house in Solon, at which point I may become a defacto Comets fan. I have a bud that moved to Solon a couple years ago and has a good time taking in the Solon home games on Fri nights.
Last edited by swerb on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mcsskkii » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I am a Lake Catholic grad so I follow them, my cousin is playing for Hubbard so I also follow them. It was tough when they played in the playoffs a couple of years ago.
mcsskkii

Unread postby yargs7 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Solon has a very good program. I watched them on tv a few times. I think last year against Glenville in a playoff game. I have to say, I had the opportunity/misfortune of watching Glenville play Fitch in a playoff game a couple years back. They won a close one over my alma mater. I could not believe the athletes they put out on that field. Jamario Oneal, Freddie Lenix, Ray Small, and Robert Rose. All went on to OSU. Extremely entertaining.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Return to High School Sports