Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Walking Dead, tv series

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am

The writing is fine. You just want to bitch about something because you're a curmudgeon and you hate anything that is popular.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 am

I've watched exactly 2 episodes of TD, the last one with Kirkman and Nicaterro, and the one with Paul F Thompkins...... which Kevin Smith ruined.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:^^ lol.

Except that Kirkman said on national TV that dude didn't know she was in the barn. I'm sure it was just clever subterfuge though.

Well, if he said Hershel didn't know she was in the barn, then he didn't. I'm certainly not a show runner, or writer.

However, that necessarily leaves us with Otis's chain of events that I described earlier, which I find to be so far-fetched and unlikely as to render it impossible. Which is pretty much the definition of a plot hole, is it not?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 am

They haven't even resolved the issue yet..... a bit early to call it a plot hole, no? Hell I may be wrong and Kirkman was bullshitting to keep viewers on their toes. It's unlikely, but I assume they will explain how it could happen, they have to. Given the hints they've dropped, Herschel explaining to Rick that it was Otis' job to collect walkers trapped in the swamp. It gives him a plausible reason to not know the identity of every zombie in the barn.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:54 am

I guess we'll see. Maybe a plausible explanation is forthcoming.

FTR, I don't really give a shit. I thought the finale was great and I was glad she was in the barn. I thought it was a cool and effective ending. This is just something to talk about.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:01 am

They filmed another version where see leaves the barn and is still human. Not sure how the hell that would've worked, but it's an interesting outcome.

This is all prelude anyway. Once they get to the prison it becomes all out carnage.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Maybe she unknownly climbed into the barn like Glen (asian guy) did when he wanted to hit the hay with that chick. Glen had a flash light and saw those walkers just walking around in the lower part of the barn; where as Sophia had no flashlight and feel down where she was bitten.... oh, and somehow didn't get ripped apart by the 20+ hungry zombies <<<< :pop: whatthefuckever, if I was a writer for the show I would leave it at that
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Or perhaps Hershal had the idea of allowing Rick and the survivors to camp near by but still far enough away from the house. So if there was a zombie attack. Hershal would have time to build a defense while Rick & company fought off the walkers or died and are being eaten. As screwed up as that is, it's a smart way to survive.

Why tell them the girl is in the barn as Rick and crew are keeping the walkers away on their "search", which seemed to last forever.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Just watched the mid-season finale. What an amazing episode.

Most excellent show.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 am

http://videogum.com/421311/the-walking-dead-s02e07-season-finale-sort-of/tv/recaps/

One of the many recaps that mirrors how I now see this show. Just terrible. Stopped watching at episode 3-4 this year because it was just round and round with the stupid, hypocritical characters.

Lori is one of the worst characters in TV history, Rick crying every episode about not knowing what to do, Dale and Andrea having the same tired argument every episode. Having a black character on the show only because in this day, it's a rule to have a diverse cast (black? check; asian? check old man? check) because I can't remember one thing that T-Dawg (great non-stereotypical name by the way) did in 2 seasons other than to get his arm cut, not tell anyone about it, and then get magically saved when the stereotypical redneck has a bag full of pills. To be fair, Daryl was becoming more rounded and was actually one of the few reasons to watch the show when I stopped (Shane being the other). One of these recaps made a great point in that the best character in the whole show, has only been in one episode, that being Morgan in the pilot, struggling to survive with his son and the horror that his zombie-wife haunts him just outside his house every day.

In summation: zombies. That's the only thing this show has going for it, and even those encounters are becoming few and far between and ever more forced.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 pm

^^^^^that was awesome
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Agree with just about every aspect of that review. DVR FF is only thing that saved me from the slow slow build. Been saying for months, or posts, whichever is greater and makes me look smarter, that they needed to get Lennie James back involved. Just some horrible picks for characters.

I HATE SARA TANCREDI AND CARL DIE!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Orenthal wrote:Agree with just about every aspect of that review. DVR FF is only thing that saved me from the slow slow build. Been saying for months, or posts, whichever is greater and makes me look smarter, that they needed to get Lennie James back involved. Just some horrible picks for characters.

She will. He hasn't yet, although he did get part of his face blown off and his eye shot out. And he coldly executed another kid.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I'd like to reiterate that, for all my bitching, I do like this show. I'm definitely still in on it. I just thought that this season was slow, and poorly thought out/executed.

I agree about Sara Tancredi. She can eat a bullet. I don't know if it's her or the characters she plays but she sucked in Prison Break and she sucks in this. Carl is annoying but they have ample time for him to do something interesting. I do think that it must be hard to write kids on a show like this.

They need to find that dude from the first ep (the guy that was in Jericho) tout suite. Still tons of potential here.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 pm

You should fucking read Preacher.

It would make a great series, but all it always get cancelled due to the nature of the comic.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Agree with just about every aspect of that review. DVR FF is only thing that saved me from the slow slow build. Been saying for months, or posts, whichever is greater and makes me look smarter, that they needed to get Lennie James back involved. Just some horrible picks for characters.

She will. He hasn't yet, although he did get part of his face blown off and his eye shot out. And he coldly executed another kid.

Yea, but we already established they won't be writing the same thing over again. That makes me anticipate sadness in terms of Lori...

ETA
After reading mother's post. Yeah, I hate her as an actress. That overwhelming hate, carry over from the first few seasons of Prison Break*, cannot be overcome. Lennie James, played Morgan, great actor, and yes needs brought back (and is in the comic).

*Another show that just got silly. The concept really should have limited the show to 2 seasons.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Morgan's role in the comic was just about the same as it is in the show until he magically ran into Rick near DC. Michonne is the character the need to spice things up, but i'm not sure how she will fit since there is no Tyreese, unless she goes for T-Dog (who is a pointless character.).

Michonne + The Governor = some serious fucking potential. If they don't bring in both characters I will denounce the show and never watch again.

I'm just waiting to see how bad Adam McKay can fuck up The Boys movie, which is a great premise for a comic and disgustingly violent and funny take on the super hero genre.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Marathon this New Years Weekend. Catch up on the 1st half of Season 2. All they did was look for that stupid lost girl... they all must had been raised in a Barn.

I don't of a better way to end the year than watching several hours of "All My Zombies"
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm just waiting to see how bad Adam McKay can fuck up The Boys movie, which is a great premise for a comic and disgustingly violent and funny take on the super hero genre.

Is that the one with Jerry Sandusky?
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm just waiting to see how bad Adam McKay can fuck up The Boys movie, which is a great premise for a comic and disgustingly violent and funny take on the super hero genre.

Is that the one with Jerry Sandusky?

No. But there is a fat Russian super hero called Love Sausage of the old Soviet team known as "The Glorious 5 Year Plan". He has a giant penis and drinks brake fluid, he chased a hitman through a strip club while yelling "Love Sausage cannot run with massive erection!"..... and he helped kick and stomp a Nazi created super hero to death.

It's one of the best comics ever.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah, and American movies are stupid.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:41 am

Yea, you can't help but laugh.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 am

Always a good idea for a show with boring characters to make it's mid-season return (after a stupid long break) with a character centered episode that featured all of one zombie that made a four second cameo.

Fucking christ at this point I just want the zombies to rape and kill them all just so I can stay awake THROUGH A TV SHOW ABOUT ZOMBIES.

And I hope that stupid wench of a wife is dead.

There is nothing more annoying than shows that don't do enough of what they are good at and instead spend tons of time trying to be something they aren't.

If The Walking Dead was going to be a character show (as it has been since we spent half a season hunting for a little girl, saw twenty zombies the whole time and then had this snoozefest they could have at least hired good actors and focused a little bit on developing the characters during season one so we gave a shit about em.

CDT keeps saying awesome things are coming and I keep not pulling the plug solely for that reason.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:T-Dog (who is a pointless character.)

Seriously, in the last seven episodes of this show T-Dog has gotten cut and lit zombie bodies on fire.

May be the biggest example of token black guy ever. At least the token Asian is getting ass.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Always a good idea for a show with boring characters to make it's mid-season return (after a stupid long break) with a character centered episode that featured all of one zombie that made a four second cameo.

Fucking christ at this point I just want the zombies to rape and kill them all just so I can stay awake THROUGH A TV SHOW ABOUT ZOMBIES.

There is nothing more annoying than shows that don't do enough of what they are good at and instead spend tons of time trying to be something they aren't.

If The Walking Dead was going to be a character show (as it has been since we spent half a season hunting for a little girl, saw twenty zombies the whole time and then had this snoozefest they could have at least hired good actors and focused a little bit on developing the characters during season one so we gave a shit about em.

CDT keeps saying awesome things are coming and I keep not pulling the plug solely for that reason.

This. And I want to like this show so fucking bad.

They need to hire new writers. Or a new show-runner (whatever the hell that it). Or beg Darabont to come back. Something.

It's the dumbest writing ever. The one question that had everyone talking after the fall finale was "Did Hershel and his family know Sofia was in the barn?" Shit, we spnet a bunch of posts here debating that. They resolved that question with:

"You knew"
"No I didnt."
"Yes You did."
"No I didn't."

Gripping stuff.

And what the fuck was that stupidity with Lori in the car? What the fuck was she doing there anyway?

"We need Hershel to look at the girl character who is apparently in shock or some such shit. Darrell, even though Rick and Glen left to go get Hershel about 5 minutes ago, you need to now go get Rick and Glen and tell them to get Hershel beacuse of the girl who nobody know what her name is is STILL IN THE SAME CONDITION SHE WAS WHEN RICK LEFT 5 FUCKING MINUTES AGO! IT"S AN EMERGENCY NOW. 5 minutes later."

Seriously, what fucking sense does that make.

I don't mind when a charachter makes a mistake, or acts impulsively, or acts irrationally in a way that you can see might make sense at the time.

What I hate is when they write a character to act a certain way or do something that MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE, all for the sake of advancing a plot line that is boring and fucking stupid to begin with.

There was one good scene in that show. The last scene in the bar with the new charcters.

They need to get this shit stragihtened out tout suite.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Side note - I was happy to hear Clutch at the end. Made think of CDT and appreciate him for introducing me.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Side note - no one likes you
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Well that seemed uncalled for.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:06 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Always a good idea for a show with boring characters to make it's mid-season return (after a stupid long break) with a character centered episode that featured all of one zombie that made a four second cameo.

You're still watching this? :lmfao:

I don't even watch it and can still comprehend the recaps by Gabe from videogum.com, which are infinitely better than the actual show. His idea? Just call it The Talking Dead, cause that's all they fucking do!

http://videogum.com/470882/the-walking-dead-s02e08-they-just-kept-coming/tv/recaps
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 am

That would be less funny if they didn't start that talk show "The Talking Dead" with the producers that airs after (or at least did last half season).

I fully blame CDT for me still watching this.

Fucking liar.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

e0y2e3 wrote:That would be less funny if they didn't start that talk show "The Talking Dead" with the producers that airs after (or at least did last half season).

I fully blame CDT for me still watching this.

Fucking liar.

Seriously? This is the show they decided to have a recap for after every episode? I understand it's the highest rated show on AMC, but I think people would be much more interested in something like a Breaking Bad recap. What the hell was there to even talk about last (half)season? Well they're still at the farmhouse and still looking for Sophia and still arguing about every.... god.... damn... thing. Over and over and over and over and over......

I might watch the last episode just to see Lori's car crash because, seriously, she might be the worst character in the history of television.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I might watch the last episode just to see Lori's car crash because, seriously, she might be the worst character in the history of television.

Well, it's either Lori or her character on Prison Break.

Either way, Sarah Wayne Callies has a stranglehold on that distinction.

CDT must not have watched it yet and is avoiding this thread until he does. Either that or even he has run out of shit to say about it.

But don't worry, I'm sure the next episode is where it gets awesome again as they deal with Lori's fucking car crash.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 pm

You guys should all check out 'The Killing'. Starts out great and gets better every single week until a mind-blowing finale that you'll remember forever.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 pm

I got out of The Killing after five episodes though.

Middle of the sixth I quit.

I quit stupid ass True Blood before all you suckers too.

But this, this fucking show, CDT ranted and raved about how awesome it was going to get and we all know CDT's life is centered around gore and tits so I figured I'd trust him.

My reward, a half season premier where you see a fucking zombie for FOUR SECONDS.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 pm

BTW: I just read the AV Club review of the ep and it said it best, this show has to be written by a couple of college freshman that just took their first philosophy class and now spend every waking moment debating about why they exist and what the worth of life is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I got out of The Killing after five episodes though.

Me too. I just wanted someone to experience the pain and disappointment of a series that started out tremendously going into a death spiral that quickly.

And I actually wanted mother to watch them all so he'd be angry.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Haters. All of you.

Still a good show, not sure how you guys see a lack character development. The ending scene in the bar was all about characters evolving with the situation.

It's less about zombies and more about coping.

And it's head and shoulders above any show not on HBO/SHO.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 pm

If the characters didn't suck and the actors were worth a damn it would be fine they are making a show about the transcedental reality of living in a post apocalyptic world. Unfortunately for them the characters are nothing more than cliche's and one-liners and the actors all suck.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I got out of The Killing after five episodes though.

Me too. I just wanted someone to experience the pain and disappointment of a series that started out tremendously going into a death spiral that quickly.

And I actually wanted mother to watch them all so he'd be angry.

I did watch. Every damn worthless one of them.

And if they think I'm going to watch a single second of that trainwreck when it comes back, they are dumber than I am for watching them all in the first place.

And I remember e0y dropping out halfway though. I wanted so much for there to be a payoff of any sort. But e0y, as usual, was right.

Fuck me.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 pm

At least you saw television history, the way that thing tanked after the first couple of episodes was unmatched. Never will see anything like that again.

And mother, so who killed Rosie Larson?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Haters. All of you.

Still a good show, not sure how you guys see a lack character development. The ending scene in the bar was all about characters evolving with the situation.

It's less about zombies and more about coping.

EW, I love you, but this take sucks.

These charachters haven't devoloped. At least not in any meaningfull way. OK, so Rick is more quick on the trigger now. Big deal. They are still arguing about the same things, the same way, that have been arguing about for pretty much the entire season.

It's old, and it's boring, and there is nothing new that we have learned. About any of them.

Right now they are shallow charicatures, devoid of any real human emotion or rational thought.

I know that e0y doesn't like the actors, and he may be right. But that has never been a hangup for me on any show, really, as long as it is well written and well thought out. The actors may be bad, but they have absolutely nothing to work with right now IMO.

Think of a single character o0n this show that you give half a shit about. Would it bother you if Rick died next episode? Carl? Lori? Glen? Hot Farm Girl Banging Glen?

Not me. And that's a problem. that's the biggest problem. Now think about the characters on Lost. Love the them or hate them...we CARED.

I thought it before. I still think it now. They need to fire the entire writers room and start fresh.

And it's only because I DO like the show, and I DO see the potential that I'm still in and give a shit at all.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:At least you saw television history, the way that thing tanked after the first couple of episodes was unmatched. Never will see anything like that again.

And mother, so who killed Rosie Larson?

It was Shane, wasn't it? All they had to do was ask Dale who was able to intuit exactly what happened because he's "known other men like Shane".
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Haven't read beyond this post. This is the truth. They spend another awkward scene showing us Dale and Shane don't get along. We get it! Then they have a chance for Dale to push this arc further by telling Sara Tancready and he just says, "Guy is gonna kill somebody." Hello you know he pointed that gun at Rick, you have established in 1,000 scenes you hate Shane. Tell her. The rest of the character development pisses me off. I hate most of the characters and only my sunk cost keeps me coming back for change.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:29 pm

motherscratcher wrote:And what the fuck was that stupidity with Lori in the car? What the fuck was she doing there anyway?

This after she got on Rick for going after him. Perhaps Rick reminded her she was pregnant. Its like she read the script for the upcoming shows and realized a group of baddies were on the way to the bar.

There is no one on TV I have hoped death more for then Sara Tancready. I hate her characters and I just don't like her stupid face.
Orenthal

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 pm

If you're talking about shows that are only running right now, then that honor belongs to Justified. If you're talking about all shows, it might be the 3rd best show on AMC, and that doesn't even include the canceled Rubicon, which was much better, if only because the characters were awesome even if the plot dragged on worse than The Walking Argument.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 pm

As for The Killing just thinking about it makes me angry. And the smugness of the creator afterwards was even worse. "Well we never specifically said that we were going to reveal the killer in the season finale." Oh, you don't say.... FUCK YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GOD DAMN "WHO KILLED ROSIE LARSON?" AD CAMPAIGN.

As for True Blood, I didn't watch that when it first premiered, but I watched the first episode and the 2nd episode... and that was enough for me. Great premise that just wasn't pulled off. And I didn't even make it to the weird(er) shit.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am

motherscratcher wrote:EW, I love you, but this take sucks.

These charachters haven't devoloped. At least not in any meaningfull way.

Well, that's like your opinion, man.

The show is just fine. There isn't a single show on basic cable that you can't sit and complain about the writing or the acting. I can shoot holes in Justified just the same as you guys are Walking Dead. I'm not sure if you guys are paying attention, but the best shows on TV are news satires and adult cartoons.

Unless you like reality TV. In which case you should hang yourself.

All TV dramas are guilty of being overdramatic at some point, this is no exception.

I'm not saying it's the greatest thing since the Bathmate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19U8O3ixupI), but it still is worth watching.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 am

I don't understand how someone could the faults of Justified in the same paragraph as the fatal shit stew that is The Walking Dead... especially all while not aknowledging Mad Men or BB existing.

This show has serious, serious, serious issues and even a blind person can see it. If you like it despite those issues good on you EW, but don't say silly generalizing things about the good shows out there just to try and make a ridiculous point.

Fuck, I would say shit like Sons of Anarchy is miles better than this shit and SoA has some seriously fatal flaws.

FX and AMC have a whole slew of shows better than this shit and your HBO/Showtime point is just rididuclous in an era where AMC has the two best shows running and FX the third. If you want to shit on Network TV knock yourself out, but stop being silly.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 am

e0y2e3 wrote: especially all while not aknowledging Mad Men or BB existing.

Ahhhh.... Failed to see the forrest for the trees.

Still calmer than you.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture