Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Parks & Rec

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Parks & Rec

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Season 1 sucked.

Season 2 is amazing. Craps on the best of the office, IMO. I meant to take it off of my DVR this summer and just left it on for accidently, really glad I did. Takse a couple of episodes to really take off but right now is clicking on all cylinders.

Anyone who has missed it thus far should catch up On Demand or online (again, season 1 was so Meh it hurts). LIke old school office, but w/ real comics running the show.

Prominent guest stars have included Louis C.K. and the dude from Arrested Development.

Only comedy on TV really worth watching at the moment that isn't a cartoon on FX called Archer (which is sheer genius).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Parks & Rec

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 pm

The 1st season didn't do anything for me so I never watched again. Maybe i'll go download it. I'm a big Aziz Ansari fan too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote: I'm a big Aziz Ansari fan too.

He is, hands down, season MVP.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Stu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:21 am

DJ ROOMBA!
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote: I'm a big Aziz Ansari fan too.

He is, hands down, season MVP.

He's the only reason season 1 was barely watchable. I'm in the same boat as most; watched most of last year and was meh. Haven't seen every ep. this year but they have been better. The hunting episode was great near the beginning of the year.

As a side note: I just started watching Archer too. Hilarious. Been an H. John Benjamin voice fan since I caught a couple episodes of Home Movies with Coach McGurck.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 am

Just got caught up on the whole show so far. Holy shit, after season 1 this gets great. I love everything to do with the library scenes, and DJ Roomba is perfection. Also, the episode Fancy Party had me pissing myself from laughing so hard. Best of the series so far. Can't wait to see how scary Tammy 1 is, if it even makes Tammy 2 run away in fear.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:06 am

So... I still maintain that this season isn't as good as last (I'm really sick and tired of Amy and Ben drama, Chris is getting really really stale and I miss angry Aubrey Plaza), but the bowling alley interactions between Aziz and Offerman were some of the best comedy ever on TV.

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

*and the show is still really good, not saying it isn't just feels like a more emotional repeat of last season at this point
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am

Agree. It's definitely in a valley, but hopefully they can pull it out and hit some peaks with some new fresh storylines. One thing that has bugged me this season is it seems like they are going out of their way to cram the towns 'characters' into the show. They've created this Simpson's like town with all these individual characters, and bully for them as that's part of the shows charm, but in past seasons it seems like this felt like a natural progression of the storylines. This season it feels a lot more forced. It loses some of it's interest that way. Don't know, just my opinion.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Needs more Swanson
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:49 pm

love aziz.

gotta figure out a way to scrounge up enough money for tix. hopefully my flash card can get me a discount.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture