Text Size

College Sports Arena

2013 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

2013 Recruiting

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, NLOID is just a couple of weeks away, so it is time to start looking to 2013. Looks like it could be an epic class for tOSU. The Buckeyes look to be in great shape with a lot of ELITE players very early in the game. Here are some of the names to watch out for:

Cameron Burrows (5* DB): Committed on 1/19.
Jalin Marshall (5* ATH): Committed on 1/31
Billy Price (4* DT): Committed 2/13
Eli Woodard (4/5* DB): Committed 2/15
Derrick Green (5* RB): Big Buckeye Lean
Malik Zaire (4* QB): Can't call him a lean, but we are definitely in early.
Jake Butt (4* DE/OL): Buckeye Lean
Robert Foster (5* WR): Awesome PA WR recruit, not a lean, but we are in early
Caleb Day (4* DB): Hilliard OH recruit, 30 miles from campus, gotta like the hometeam
Michael McCray (4* OLB): Legacy recruit
Tim Kimbrough (4/5* OLB): Buckeyes are in early, gotta think they gotta shot.
Jaylon Smith (5* OLB): Hopefully things go well for his brother Rod, could be a huge leg up.

There are a couple of other guys they are actively pursuing (Ty Isaac), but I don't feel as good about them as I do about the guys listed above. I would not be surprised to see the Bucks get 80-90% of the guys listed above.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Burrows in.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm

We got Burrows
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:46 pm

It's inevitable that your wife gets sick of you and takes a tooth drill to your temple one night while you are sleeping. I can only hope this day comes sooner rather than later.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Love to land Marshall, Green, Foster, and J. Smith. Those 4 plus Burrows are the foundation for a Top 5 class regardless of the number of 'ships available. A stud QB is a must as well.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Jalin Marshall is in.

Here is my current 2013 shopping list, not complete yet, just the guys I am watching for 2013 that I think the Bucks have a great shot at.

1. Jalin Marshall (done)
2. Cam Burrows (done)
3. Billy Price
4. Eli Woodard
5. Robert Foster
6. Caleb Day
7. Jaylon Smith
8. Michael McCray
9. Evan Lisle
10. Malik Zaire
11. Lovell Peterson
12. Jake Butt
13. Tim Kimbrough
14. Derrick Green
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 pm

LBs with offers currently:

Jaylon Smith - OLB - Indiana
Daniel McMillian - MLB - Florida
E.J. Levenberry - LB - Virginia
Cortney Love - OLB - Ohio
Ben Gedeon - OLB Ohio
Dorian O'Daniel - OLB - Maryland

And they have been offering T's all over the country before Lisle.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 am

For those that know better than I: Does Jalin Marshall's commit affect the recruitment of Malik Zaire in any way?

I don't know much about either, just that it seems like I've been hearing Zaire's name for about 2 years.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:19 am

Marshall could play anywhere on offense from RB to some QB to slot WR, his recruitment affects nothing. And I doubt they take the time he would need to develop as a QB rather than just getting him on the field somewhere/anywhere immediately.

Now TraVon Chapman was on campus and will be getting an offer shortly, could very possibly see OSU only taking one of him/Zaire then taking a national QB.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Marshall could play anywhere on offense from RB to some QB to slot WR, his recruitment affects nothing. And I doubt they take the time he would need to develop as a QB rather than just getting him on the field somewhere/anywhere immediately.

Now TraVon Chapman was on campus and will be getting an offer shortly, could very possibly see OSU only taking one of him/Zaire then taking a national QB.

Zaire is blowing up into a national QB. 24/7 has him as the #2 dual threat QB in the country right now, I think he is likely to be top 5 on the other major services. I think he is the national guy and with Zaire in his back pocket, Meyer will be able to hold out for JT Barrett or Jonathan McCrary as his 2nd QB of the class. Go Big or Go Home if you already have a great option locked up.

Marshall thinks he is a QB, but I am pretty sure he is the only one that does. He would have a Denard Robinson-ceiling (or should that be called a floor) as a passer. Meyer will let him try, like he promised, but once he sees that he is the 4th option there he will accept a position anywhere on the field. He said so in his commitment comments, said getting a shot at QB was important, playing it was not.

Marshall's performance at the Junior advanced camp was supposedly jaw dropping. The reports were that he was the best athlete at any position group and rotated between them, he was even able to shut down top WRs as a CB. When I watch his highlights, I see a guy that has the elite suddenness that makes him an immediate impact player with the ball in his hands. He is not Ginn, he doesn't have THAT gear (but he can still outrun CBs), he is quicker though. Don't get me wrong, he is FAST, but Ginn and Percy Harvin are NCAA National Championship-Level track star fast. He will certainly play immediately and Meyer will draw up plays to get him the ball in space, somehow (TB, Slot, X Receiver, Wildcat).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

e0y2e3 wrote:LBs with offers currently:

Jaylon Smith - OLB - Indiana
Daniel McMillian - MLB - Florida
E.J. Levenberry - LB - Virginia
Cortney Love - OLB - Ohio
Ben Gedeon - OLB Ohio
Dorian O'Daniel - OLB - Maryland

And they have been offering T's all over the country before Lisle.

Levenberry is the best of the group, but I think he is a pipe dream. After that I like Smith. I thought Kimbrough had an offer too, he is a great prospect.

When I threw down my list of 13-14, I was primarily putting down guys that I think tOSU is better than 50:50 to land. I would say the Bucks have a shot Tuley-Tillman, Pocic, Bivin and some of the other OOS guys, but I don't think any one of those guys is likely to be a Buckeye.

I would say Gedeon and Love could be considered likely to be Buckeyes as well. I don't know, the offers are fairly new and I really haven't looked at them very closely. I will say that I like Kimbrough a lot, and I would be surprised (pleasantly) if I thought Love and Gedeon were as good as Kimbrough or Smith.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, I just think it is going to be very hard to figure out what next years class is going to look like beyond the Burrows - Marshall - Price - Day - Woodward - Smith (hopefully this bridge isn't burned) core.

Meyer currently has offers out in like 12 states with only six in Ohio and nearly as many offers in Florida.

And I swear he's offered T's in like five if not six states already.

Tressel never recruited anywhere near this style, going to be real interesting to see how the blend between home and national ends up.

Everyone is approaching 2013 right now (even the guys that get paid) nailing down a list of targets that are Tressel style Ohio/Mid-west studd and Meyer is doing things just outside of that realm. Hell, the Love offer was shocking too.

Oh and as for the Zaire/Chapman stuff, just saying that Green expects Chapman to blow up this year and possibly pass Zaire and Urban had them both on campus a couple of days apart. Not disagreeing Zaire is higher rated now, but even from film you see a ton of potential in Chapman and he is just someone to watch this year. No clue if he meets that potential, but keep an eye on the kid.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby gnati » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
just saying that Green expects Chapman to blow up this year and possibly pass Zaire and Urban had them both on campus a couple of days apart.

War Thad Jemison!!!
gnati

Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:10 pm

I will be watching Chapman closely, thanks for the heads up. I hear Zaire may be about a done deal, it is just a question of how early does he want this done.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:13 am

Big weekend, Woodward, Tim Kimbrough, McCray maybe (will have a full list later in the week).

Woodward could very well commit, same with McCray if he finally gets that offer. Kimbrough will most probably finally be getting his offer.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:59 pm

furls wrote:Jalin Marshall is in.

Here is my current 2013 shopping list, not complete yet, just the guys I am watching for 2013 that I think the Bucks have a great shot at.

1. Jalin Marshall (done)
2. Cam Burrows (done)
3. Billy Price
4. Eli Woodard
5. Robert Foster
6. Caleb Day
7. Jaylon Smith
8. Michael McCray
9. Evan Lisle
10. Malik Zaire
11. Lovell Peterson
12. Jake Butt
13. Tim Kimbrough
14. Derrick Green

I think we can cross Green off the list.

He's going to announce his choice Feb 20-somthing........of next year.

Snowball's chance in hell that spots waiting for him three weeks past signing day.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 pm

To a degree I agree, but 1) when he tells the staff and when he announces are not the same thing and 2) he is still RAVING about OSU in every interview. Even saying Meyer is coming after him the hardest and harder than JT did, which he "likes."

And he has already said he is thinking about doing it on his b-day next February but that isn't set in stone.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:To a degree I agree, but 1) when he tells the staff and when he announces are not the same thing and 2) he is still RAVING about OSU in every interview. Even saying Meyer is coming after him the hardest and harder than JT did, which he "likes."

And he has already said he is thinking about doing it on his b-day next February but that isn't set in stone.

And he also wears 27 in honor of Eddie.

But I dont think they will take a post dated check on this one. Not with numbers this tight, not with the other kids he is recruiting at the position.

My personal feeling - If Green does announce on his B-day, he will not be a buckeye. He will be forced to shit or get off the pot.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Kid has twenty offers including every big dawg in the land, I put as much validity to him assigning a date right now as I do unicorns.

And he has proclaimed no matter what OSU is one of his officials.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Thats fine if he does but OSU is pursuing better prospects at the position. There are at least half a dozen RB offers out right now.

I think Green is DAMN good, but if Meyer works his magic and Isaac and Smith are ready to commit, I dont think that door is going to stay open for Green.

Reports are that Meyer issues most offers with a time limit. 6 Offers out already with very limited space at a full postion group here. The numbers crunch is what it is. Green is good, but he isn't unique.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Greene has said, very clearly, that Meyer gives commitable and non-commitable offers.

And Isaac is going to be a battle. Not going to argue for a second that if Isaac runs to OSU alls well, but Meyer is climbing uphill there, whereas with Green he's atop the mountain and just fending off everyone else.

And there are not very many RBs ranked higher, Green is at #64 nationally overall on the first Rivals list.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Agree E0.

I just dont see it happening on his B-day, silent verbal or no. You say he's only talking about doing that, and I agree, because I dont think thats going to fly. I think that plan gets trashed or he goes elsewhere.
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Am I the only one that does not love Ty Isaac? I prefer Green, he is faster and has a bit more shake. Isaac is impressive, but I think we already have that skill set.

Like E0 said, we are already starting from behind on Isaac.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Per 24/7 sports Billy Price is a Buckeye.
Link is premium.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/ ... keye-61278
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 pm

jclvd_23 wrote:Per 24/7 sports Billy Price is a Buckeye.
Link is premium.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/ ... keye-61278

Excited about this, based mostly on the scouting report I got on him from Furls.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Friends from Fitch report "if he ever gets mean he's going to kill everbody"

At least that is what they report from working out and hanging out with the kid.

Also, Mitch Trubisky... unexpected.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Also, Woodard is announcing Thursday at 4. It'll be OSU and that'll be that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, Mitch Trubisky... unexpected.

Yeah...that's what?...three different QB's already offered, with possibly more to come. I understand the Mentor coach runs Meyer's spread offense, having worked under his system at Bowling Green, and Trubisky is a smart, good-sized, athletic kid with a nice arm...haven't seen him on tape at all, but they play a tough schedule, and they racked up the points big time.

It should be noted that Meyer has already made probably three or four times the offers that JT would have made at this point in the calendar. That said, there is a new meaning to the word "OSU offer" that is also different from what that meant under Tressel. Now it means something like..."we like you...get back to us when/if you decide you're serious about being a Buckeye and we'll see where we stand"

Tressel only offered kids he thought he had a shot at...in fact he rarely ever used up all the official visits he was allowed to have. As a result, he often never even tried to get in the game with some of the elite national recruits...and when he did, he didn't do well because he hadn't shown them "the love" early enough in the process. Meyer is showing the early love by spreading the "offers" out coast to coast. You can always reconsider later and pull it when the slots start filling up.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

danwismar wrote:

Yeah...that's what?...three different QB's already offered, with possibly more to come. I understand the Mentor coach runs Meyer's spread offense, having worked under his system at Bowling Green, and Trubisky is a smart, good-sized, athletic kid with a nice arm...haven't seen him on tape at all, but they play a tough schedule, and they racked up the points big time.

It should be noted that Meyer has already made probably three or four times the offers that JT would have made at this point in the calendar. That said, there is a new meaning to the word "OSU offer" that is also different from what that meant under Tressel. Now it means something like..."we like you...get back to us when/if you decide you're serious about being a Buckeye and we'll see where we stand"

Tressel only offered kids he thought he had a shot at...in fact he rarely ever used up all the official visits he was allowed to have. As a result, he often never even tried to get in the game with some of the elite national recruits...and when he did, he didn't do well because he hadn't shown them "the love" early enough in the process. Meyer is showing the early love by spreading the "offers" out coast to coast. You can always reconsider later and pull it when the slots start filling up.

Lead Pipe and I played softball with and against the kid's old man for years and years. His dad is a monster who was honestly a pretty good athlete for a very big man. By big I mean Dave has to be 6'3" or 6'4" and 240lbs and he played a serviceable 3rd base and could run too.

Meaning the old man had some good hands, good feet and good size. And if the kid got mom's disposition then he might be the full package because Dave was the quiet one in the family. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:
danwismar wrote:

Lead Pipe and I played softball with and against the kid's old man for years and years. His dad is a monster who was honestly a pretty good athlete for a very big man. By big I mean Dave has to be 6'3" or 6'4" and 240lbs and he played a serviceable 3rd base and could run too.

Meaning the old man had some good hands, good feet and good size. And if the kid got mom's disposition then he might be the full package because Dave was the quiet one in the family. ;-) ;) :wink:

Maybe you can parlay that into a flag football game with Urban Meyer and John Bohener
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:39 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
danwismar wrote:

Maybe you can parlay that into a flag football game with Urban Meyer and John Bohener

I don't have that kind of luck nor that kind of fairy tale life. And don't forget how Mac would hit the old Planned Parenthood establishment for some charitable time after his flag football game.

I bet he has self-flagellation scars on his back.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Very excited about the Price commit. Gotta love a kid that visits scUM for "The Game" as a guest of the skunkbears and then shit talks them on Twitter during the game. Awesome.

Price has all the tools, just needs the mindset. He could end up either side of the ball. I think you try him at DT first, but if they have the depth there and need a guard or tackle, he could easily go there too. I like him so much better than Schutt it isn't even funny.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Friends from Fitch report "if he ever gets mean he's going to kill everbody"

At least that is what they report from working out and hanging out with the kid.

Also, Mitch Trubisky... unexpected.

This projection stuff is always very difficult for me to gage. Turbisky was literally unstoppable last season against everyone on any level. Maybe for the past 2 seasons. It's not like he's surrounded by G-ville skilled players although those kids are good. I don't know how the skills translate to BCS top tier, but no one stopped him at a pretty high HS level. Last RS loss was kind of a sleep walk for them and Kyle just figured out how to slow him down just enough (because he's way better than Bucci ever was) after getting a game's worth of film.

So I don't see how Mitch gets passed up as an Ohio kid.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 pm

As expected, Buckeyes add another top 50 verbal in Eli Woodard. This class is really going to be special.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/ ... keye-61739
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Yeah, this kid is amazing. Camped there three times, pretty much said he doesn't even care who the coach is he just loves OSU and wanted to be there.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, this kid is amazing. Camped there three times, pretty much said he doesn't even care who the coach is he just loves OSU and wanted to be there.

Woodard is no joke. Woodard + Burrows is a pair of CBs like this year's DEs (Washington and Spence).

Very nice set of CBs, can't remember tOSU getting a pair this good.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:34 am

A lot of smoke that Shelton Gibson will be #5 very soon (like today).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Huermann's Brother is coming this weekend as well, if Gibson isnt the next, Mike may be instead.

More of an H back than his Brother and at least equally as talented.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, this kid is amazing. Camped there three times, pretty much said he doesn't even care who the coach is he just loves OSU and wanted to be there.

Woodard is no joke. Woodard + Burrows is a pair of CBs like this year's DEs (Washington and Spence).

Very nice set of CBs, can't remember tOSU getting a pair this good.

Said the exact same in the BN thread a few days ago....

The hot name floating around now though is Gareon Conley from Mass,OH, who several people have referred to as the best cover corner in Ohio, and has just been offered by Hoke.

E0, any whispers about us offering over on scout?
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Haven't seen anything and Caleb Day is still in line to commit from what I understand.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:52 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Haven't seen anything and Caleb Day is still in line to commit from what I understand.

I thought he still had to "earn back his offer" before he could.....
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:53 pm

according to Nevada he has to get his grades up then he can, not an offer issue.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:according to Nevada he has to get his grades up then he can, not an offer issue.

Yeah, kind of semantics there.

I agree he's got it but can't commit till he fixes the grades from what I heard.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Now as to whether Zaire actually has a committable offer, thats muddier.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 pm

From what I can tell no QB has a commitable offer and at the very least Chapman, Zaire and Trubisky have been told to come to camp, where the best man/men will win.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 pm

I used to live in Hilliard and my son played football in the NWFL (northwest football league... peewee football). That league was HYPER competitive. Wanna know why Hilliard Davidson is a powerhouse? Look no further than this league of about 20-25 football teams from Dublin to West Jefferson to Hilliard, very serious football, the kind of stuff you see on Friday Night Lights but with 8-11 year olds.

Anyhow, there are lots of very good well connected coaches in the league that I am still friends with, old guys that have been coaching in that area and watch HS football for a long time. To a man, they have all said that Day is the best player they have seen in that area. There are some pretty good teams out in that neck of the woods and they have put out some pretty good talent, so that is pretty high praise.

These are the salty old guys that wouldn't say anything nice about their own mothers. I hope Day earns his offer back and ends up on this team. My son would've been a class mate of Day's at Hilliard Darby had we stayed in C-Bus.
Subject:

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:20 am

You should see Hilliard now. They got a goddamn roundabout at the intersection of Main and Scioto Darby. It's awesome at 7:30am on school day.

Oh and they repaved Leap road. Which is nice.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Sadly that traffic circle is probably a huge upgrade on that god awful intersection. The confluence of Cemetary, S-D, and Main was a complete train wreck and a source of about a zillion accidents.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 am

Lisle finally got his offer..... shouldn't be long till another OT is in
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Lisle finally got his offer..... shouldn't be long till another OT is in

Wonder what took so long? I know the Bucks really want Pocic and Bivin, but stiwl...

Hell of a weekend by scUM. Actually has me a little nervous as they got some pretty good commits and a couple of tOSU's plan C guys. I really hope plans A and B work out!

The danger of swimming in tOSU's end of the swimming pool now is that most of these players they are chasing are going to get 30+ offers and not decided until late, potentially setting tOSU up for an epic Jan/Feb or an epic fail Jan/Feb.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Next

Return to College Sports Arena