Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs vs. Heat

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs vs. Heat

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 pm

You want a same day game thread, you got a same day game thread.

Two weeks ago the Heat beat the Cavs in Miami 92-85 without DWade. Tonight DWade is back but the Cavs will be missing AP, Boobie, and TT, so I don't see how they compete in this one. I expect the ends of the bench for both teams will be on the floor for the entire 4th quarter. Lot of garbage time for everybody.

Scott will probably limit his starter's minutes as much as possible with a home game against the Clippers tomorrow night. The Cavs have rarely been blown out this year, but this game has blowout written all over it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how the Cavs make a game of it. Bosh went off for 35 last game, but he won't have to take that many shots with DWade back.

I don't expect the Heat to take the Cavs all that seriously so maybe the Cavs keep it interesting until they hit their usual 2nd quarter doldrums. If they're still in it at halftime I'll be more than impressed.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: Cavs vs. Heat

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Prosecutor wrote:You want a same day game thread, you got a same day game thread.

Who the fuck said they wanted that? Pointing out there aren't any and wanting one are completely different things.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

If we had TT to match up athletically with LBJ we might have a shot of Kyrie smoking D Wade and Bosch being a bitch.

But missing the insane athleticism of TT, we are at a huge disadvantage.

Right Lee?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Always hope when your front court guys can't score and your wings are the worst in the league....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:05 pm

I hate Ryan Hollins.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby JJN » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Orenthal wrote:I hate Ryan Hollins.

Ditto, but I love me some Gee.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:10 am

If you told me before the game that Hollins, Harangoty and Eyenga would get 44 minutes of playing time I'd have definitely expected a blowout. But the Cavs were competitive up until the final three minutes, so I have to give them credit. The Heat came in 11-2 at home so making them work for the win despite the Cavs being short-handed was nice to see.

Eyenga is more entertaining to watch than Mychel Thompson. Nice block on Coles. He plays hard and is not afraid to take out half the bench to save a loose ball. Wish he had an offensive game. Sounds like Scott is trying to mold him into a defensive stopper and anything he gets offensively will be a bonus.

Gee looked good playing the off guard position. Maybe that's his future depending on who they can pick up in the draft.

KI ended up being guarded by LBJ on one play after a switch. The kid took it to the hole but blew the layup. I was impressed that he challenged LeBron, beat him off the dribble, and got off a good shot. Most rookies would have passed off.

Home game against the Clippers tonight. Blake Griffin should have a huge game since the quality power forwards in the league have been killing the Cavs so far. Griffin is going to swat Jamison around like a fly. My guess is Scott puts Samardo on Blake at some point to try and keep him out of the paint. Griffin is shooting only 50% on free throws so you might as well hack the crap out of him. Jamison has not played well on the second night of back-to-backs.

Speaking of dinosaurs, Chauncy Billups is out for the year so Mo Williams will get more minutes. He's shooting 49% from the field this year and 43% on 3-pointers, so they might not miss Billups and his 36% FG percentage much. If Mo ends up guarding Gee I'd clear that side of the floor and let Gee take him to the hole all night long. Just watch out for Blake when you get to the rim, Alonzo.

Chris Paul versus Kyrie Irving will be the matchup to watch, with Griffin's dunks as a sideshow.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 am

Orenthal wrote:I hate Ryan Hollins.

Guy strung together about the single worst stretch of minutes I've seen in a long time.

Things were ok till he checked in toward the end of the third. Three consecutive clanged free throws and a couple of predictable moving screens later, the Cavs are getting stomped.

And his moving screens are dirty enough to wake up a sleepwalking team. Not that I think the guy is particularly dirty, just that he's dumb and clumsy enough to give that appearance sometimes, with his arms flailing and all.

Can't believe he didn't throw his per usual 3 second call in the mix.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am

^Posted almost the same exact thing elsewhere... Even AC was "discouraged" by the constant moving screens. Guy is a goof constantly looking to start shit. The fact he is/was a high jumper who is legit 7 feet yet can't rebound or block shots makes me convulse.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm enjoying reading all these articles about how Cavs fans are over LeBron leaving.

We'll see who's over what next Friday.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Orenthal wrote:^Posted almost the same exact thing elsewhere... Even AC was "discouraged" by the constant moving screens. Guy is a goof constantly looking to start shit. The fact he is/was a high jumper who is legit 7 feet yet can't rebound or block shots makes me convulse.

He was getting called for moving screens earlier in the year, like in every game he played. I thought Scott would have corrected that by now since it was a reoccurring problem. I can't believe he's still doing it, and multiple times in limited minutes. Unbelievable. You'd think a professional basketball player would be able to set a freaking legal pick. The one where he gave LeBron a forearm shiver in the back was ridiculous. Cut this clown, Byron.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Orenthal wrote:^Posted almost the same exact thing elsewhere... Even AC was "discouraged" by the constant moving screens. Guy is a goof constantly looking to start shit. The fact he is/was a high jumper who is legit 7 feet yet can't rebound or block shots makes me convulse.

That fact he was a seven foot high jumper that the Cavs were able to scoop up off the street should have made his basketball abilities crystal clear.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:51 pm

What are you talking about, they got him and Sessions in that trade lead.

They robbed KAHN!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA