Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Phantom Menace In 3D

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Phantom Menace In 3D

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 pm

So... who's gonna be forced to go watch this atrocity?

JarJar Binks in 3D. I'd rather shave my balls with a hacksaw.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only reason I can possibly think an adult would purposely see it is they are being forced by their children.

Lucky for me, my kids don't know it exists.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Phantom Menace In 3D

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 am

I'll be there. Lucas re-releasing these all in 3D was tantamount to a $150 annual tax to me.

Phantom Menace sucked, I agree. Podracing, Darth Maul in 3D makes it worth it. Also, I've never seen a move in 3D. And the little guy is fired up. Gonna do the CSU/Butler game Sat, and then this after. Nice little doubleheader.

Beats a weekend night on the couch secretly watching sports on my laptop while my wife has some garbage show on.

Theater experience is so different, be cool to have my son see em all in the theater in order.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am

swerb wrote:I'll be there.

Be ready to pay out the ass, Swerb. Ten or eleven bucks apiece with that shitty premium they ask for 3-D movies. Buy a couple dollar dogs at the CSU game and fill your stomachs, too, because two small popcorns and two small drinks will cost you another $22 at most theaters around Cleveland. That's about $40 for the JarJar Binks 3-D "experience."
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:20 am

I remember being excited for this, going with a large group of friends, being bored out of my mind during it and winding up literally rolling in the aisle and laughing my ass off during the Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scene.

Last night's Coca-Cola polar bears NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scene during their Super Bowl commercial was the greatest such scene since Darth Vader. No way 3-D can improve upon it. I booed when the Phantom Menace commercial came on.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 am

Now, instead of Hollywood remaking every movie, I gotta sit thru 10 years of them remaking the remake in 3D?

Wonderful.

Movies now officially blow.

Can't wait for Spiderman 3D in 3-2-1.......
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 am

jerryroche wrote:
swerb wrote:I'll be there.

Be ready to pay out the ass, Swerb. Ten or eleven bucks apiece with that shitty premium they ask for 3-D movies. Buy a couple dollar dogs at the CSU game and fill your stomachs, too, because two small popcorns and two small drinks will cost you another $22 at most theaters around Cleveland. That's about $40 for the JarJar Binks 3-D "experience."

As it was $10 for me to see a non-3D movie on Friday night, I'd expect those 3D tix to be more like $15/per.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Can't wait for the awesome remake of 21 Jump Street. That's a great and original idea..... to remake a classic and elite TV show. I applaud Hollywood for continuing their excellent tradition of making quality entertainment for the the customer's consumption. I hope that SOPA does get passed so we can make sure these hard working and thinking companies get every dime they're entitled to.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 am

swerb wrote:Theater experience is so different, be cool to have my son see em all in the theater in order.

I plan on taking my girls to watch all 3 of them in order as well. Looks like the first gets released in 3D in 2015.
Hikohadon

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture