Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs vs. Orlando

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs vs. Orlando

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am

DVR'd the game and watched it this morning. The Cavs aren't going to beat any decent teams with Casspi and Mychel Thompson starting, especially on the road. Thompson had an abysmal game, with 0 points and 0 rebounds in 30 minutes. It's clear the Cavs are much better with Irving and Sessions on the court than one of them paired with Thompson. As soon as Boobie or AP is back we won't see Thompson again.

Thompson's donut along with Jamison going 6-for-19 was just too much to overcome, although the Cavs made their usual 4th quarter run to make it fairly close.

Dwight Howard dominated the game with 19 points, 16 boards, 8 blocks, and a ton of altered shots that turned into misses. He was primarily responsible for the Cavs shooting 37%.

The Cavs came out ice cold shooting from the outside and didn't get hot until the 4th quarter. How about this for scoring by quarters: 17, 20, 16, 41. I believe I read recently that the Cavs are 4th in the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Byron needs to get that sense of urgency going earlier. Or change his lineup. The main reason the Cavs exploded for 41 in the 4th quarter was that KI, Sessions and Gee were on the court at the same time with Thompson and Casspi on the bench.

With Irving, Sessions, Gee and AV on the court together the Cavs can really push the ball in transition and also get penetration in the half court game.

Alonzo Gee scored a career high 20 points. I thought all he could do was drive to his right, but he's developing a reliable outside shot, even knocking down a pull-up jumper which I hadn't seen before. I expect his minutes will continue to increase.

Erden plays about as soft as any big man I've seen. He's trying desparately to avoid getting in foul trouble so he runs away from anybody driving to the rim. OK, Hollins is pretty soft, too. I guess I'll go with Samuels for now when somebody has to spell Andy.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: Cavs vs. Orlando

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:23 am

Becoming a huge fan of the day after the game game threads. Really minimizes the potential damage. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 pm

You'll never read the FO admit it anywhere in print, but it's pretty obvious that winning games has been put on the back burner this season. Coach Scott is here to develop the young guys like Kyrie, TT, Gee, maybe Semih and Omri and maybe even Samuels. That's why he's tried to stick to a two-platoon system, even with the injuries to Boobie and Parker.

Right now, development of those young guys is Job One. If the team wins a few games in the process, so be it. If not, that's okay too, as long as those youngsters don't suffer through one of those confidence-killing 26-game losing streaks.

The Cavs still need a couple years of separating the personnel wheat from the chaff and of getting into the draft lottery—and no one realizes that more than Dan Gilbert, Chris Grant and Byron Scott.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:06 pm

peeker643 wrote:Becoming a huge fan of the day after the game game threads. Really minimizes the potential damage. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm enjoying that we are right there, just a few games away from being in coveted lottery position. Just 1.5 games seperate 10 from 5.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 am

peeker643 wrote:Becoming a huge fan of the day after the game game threads. Really minimizes the potential damage. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm not too clear on the bigger trainwreck, the day after game threads or the PD's coverage?

Is Pros on the couch w/ remote in hand rewinding plays maybe after some meditation believing he's the Zenmaster or pretending he's Ernie Johnson and the Troll doll next to him is Kenny Smith and the Cabbage Patch Kid is Sir Charles?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:

I'm not too clear on the bigger trainwreck, the day after game threads or the PD's coverage?

Is Pros on the couch w/ remote in hand rewinding plays maybe after some meditation believing he's the Zenmaster or pretending he's Ernie Johnson and the Troll doll next to him is Kenny Smith and the Cabbage Patch Kid is Sir Charles?

How can we go wrong on any of those?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA