Text Size

College Sports Arena

UM Talking Smack

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

UM Talking Smack

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:56 pm

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/02/03/12/Top-U-M-recruit-jumps-right-into-rivalry/landing_um.html?blockID=659222&feedID=3701

February 3, 2012

Rick Osentoski-US PRESSWIRE

STRENGTH IN THE TRENCHES

Both lines were a major point of emphasis in the 25-man recruiting class that Brady Hoke announced.
The ink was hardly dry on Ondre Pipkins' letter of intent to Michigan, and he was already talking-trash at Ohio State.

In an interview with Ann Arbor radio station WTKA, Pipkins, a 6-foot-3, 320-pound defensive tackle, was asked about some of the Buckeyes' top recruits.

Pipkins compared Michigan's five-star offensive lineman Kyle Kalis to Ohio State's five-star defensive tackle Tommy Schutt, both of whom played in the Army All-American Bowl.

"Tommy Schutt ate turf," Pipkins said. "He ate turf the whole time."

Pipkins talked about himself going up against Ohio State's four-star offensive lineman Kyle Dodson that week.

"I gave a little bit to what's his name, Dodson," Pipkins said. "He ran away from me. That's what they do. They run their mouth, and then when they meet up with the belly of the beast -- I call myself that because I am -- then they run away. When it comes to reality, they want to run away."

Pipkins, who grew up in Saginaw, Mich., but now lives in Kansas City, also stirred things up when discussing Ohio State in general.

"Who are you talking about?" he said. "Are you talking about those people down south? I don't want to give them the time of day.

"We're going to see them November 24 at that 'Shoe' (the nickname for Ohio State's football stadium). In the next couple years, we'll see them at the Big House (Michigan Stadium), but it's just going to be like it was last year."

The Wolverines won last season, 40-34, in Ann Arbor, breaking a seven-year losing streak to Ohio State.

Now the Buckeyes have some bulletin-board material from a guy who has never played a down of college football.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: UM Talking Smack

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Hilarious first comment:

Feb 03, 2012

Pipkins should stop worry about Tommy Schutt and start worrying about Type 2 Diabetes
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Personally I love this.

I miss Mike Hart.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Tress Missed him so much he hung 70 on him last time they met.
JCoz

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

jb wrote:Personally I love this.

I miss Mike Hart.

Me too. Love this shit. It's complete crap coming from these punks but anything to bring this rivalry back. Gonna make it all the more enjoyable when we hang 7 straight more on 'em again.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Good thing Dodson didn't play in the Army game because of his injury (also why he will redshirt)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Fuck Michigan.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir