Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Manziel

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Manziel

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 pm

So if you consider Jaworski's comments on JFF yesterday we have the determination that the kid is worth somewhere between the 1st overall pick and the 130th pick in the draft.

So that helps.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Manziel

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm

^however, if you pick him at 4, per Chuck Booms, you're guaranteed 6 nationally televised games. Not sure if you get more wins but who can pass up those tv games where the nation gets you under a microscope
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Is AJ Mcarron appreciably less talented than Blake Bortles? I don't think so. Better than Carr in my opinion. Take McCarron in the 3rd and get some studs at 4 and 22.

I would seriously consider Manziel/Bridgewater at 4, but not lose sleep over it. Watkins will be there and is a good pick.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

But I heard this week that Johnny Manziel's hands were bigger than previously thought?

Combine week is the most ridiculous week in sports - In a calendar with a lot of em'.

And I don't want AJ McCarron anywhere near camp. Let em' hang out with Colt.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 pm

I like Jaws. I like how his greatest fear with Manziel was "the one and run", meaning that during his entire life JFF has looked at one receiver and if that guys wasn't open it was time to hit the bricks, get outside the pocket, maybe try and move down the field.

Interestingly, Jaws also talked about the major decline in zone-read plays NFL QBs ran this past season. Appears it wasn't the revolutionary scheme that we may have thought it was going to be.

Probably a thread or two here that touched on that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

leadpipe wrote:Combine week is the most ridiculous week in sports - In a calendar with a lot of em'.

I think SVP recommended that the Combine simply change it's name to the "Are You Fast" event.

I imagine there's useful to be gleaned from other activities and especially the interviews, but "Are You Fast" about sums it up.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:I like Jaws. I like how his greatest fear with Manziel was "the one and run", meaning that during his entire life JFF has looked at one receiver and if that guys wasn't open it was time to hit the bricks, get outside the pocket, maybe try and move down the field.

Interestingly, Jaws also talked about the major decline in zone-read plays NFL QBs ran this past season. Appears it wasn't the revolutionary scheme that we may have thought it was going to be.

Probably a thread or two here that touched on that.

If he's saying MAJOR decline, I'm assuming he's not including variations. Take a team like Seattle. STANDARD zone plays were down, however, they started passing out of that play around mid-season. I also think some teams used it judiciously for health concerns rather than lack of effectiveness. (I don't think SF was alone here)

And in regard to effectiveness, while it wasn't as sucessful as the previous year, it was still a very effective way to move the ball according to the numbers.

I do agree with him on Manziel. And i'm not a guy who has one question about his attitude or work ethic. As a matter of fact, when the bell rang, that cat was always ready to ball - need no more proof than that other than performance and the fact his teammates stayed in his cormer wire to wire. He gave thenm ample opportunity to submarine him should he have been slacking on the practice or playing field.

But really, based on little evidence of going thru progressions, the penchant for taking off out of the pocket quickly, the fact that style is gonna take more size on Sundays....not sure how the hell this guy is top 5. Except how desperate teams are for QB's, I guess.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 pm

I don't know what's worse, the fact that it's a real possibility that we might draft Manziel...or the fact that, if Clowney, Sammie, and Teddy are all off the board, I wouldn't absolutely hate it.

I vowed not to talk myself into Manziel! but I can already feel it happening. It's great to hear about the size of his hands.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Can we just win games? I don't care if Haslem's cat is the QB.

Any of these guys HAS to be better than Captain Flagface.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 am

justmebd wrote:Can we just win games? I don't care if Haslem's cat is the QB.

Any of these guys HAS to be better than Captain Flagface.

I've never heard Hoyer called that before.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Is AJ Mcarron appreciably less talented than Blake Bortles? I don't think so. Better than Carr in my opinion. Take McCarron in the 3rd and get some studs at 4 and 22.

I would seriously consider Manziel/Bridgewater at 4, but not lose sleep over it. Watkins will be there and is a good pick.

To answer your question... uh... yes. Lots.

McCarron is a mediocre prospect in arm strength, passing ability, mobility, size... basically every category except Really Obnoxious Full-Chest Tattoo. Bottles might very well be Jake Locker, but has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft and it ain't really close.

Which is not to say that I'd take him at 4, cuz I don't really like him as a passer, but he has way more potential than a guy destined for career backup.

The ONLY QB I'd take at 4 would be Teddy.
Hikohadon

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Is AJ Mcarron appreciably less talented than Blake Bortles? I don't think so. Better than Carr in my opinion. Take McCarron in the 3rd and get some studs at 4 and 22.

To answer your question... uh... yes. Lots.

McCarron is a mediocre prospect in arm strength, passing ability, mobility, size... basically every category except Really Obnoxious Full-Chest Tattoo. Bottles might very well be Jake Locker, but has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft and it ain't really close.

Which is not to say that I'd take him at 4, cuz I don't really like him as a passer, but he has way more potential than a guy destined for career backup.

The ONLY QB I'd take at 4 would be Teddy.

We're kind of on opposite sides on Manziel (I'm intrigued), but I agree with everything else here. Reportedly, McCarron came to the combine out of shape and threw a bunch of ducks. I'll pass.

Bortles is bigger, more mobile and has a much better arm. That said, why does it feel like people are "trying to make Blake Bortles happen?" I get the "on paper" stuff, but that's it- is he a "paper champion" only?
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:45 pm

I still think we are concentrating on the wrong 'Jimmy'.

Jimmy Garoppolo is the guy I want , and you don't have to take him at #4 (Though I wouldnt be shocked if in the end he is a top 15 pick, I can see Minnesota grabbing him at 8). We should be using that number 4 pick on no shit real talent, not play a guessing game with three guys just b/c they happen to play QB.
Its tough to find anyone who has anything bad to say about Jimmy G other then "he played FCS"... Which I think is a pretty weak argument when you look at guys like Romo , and Flaco, and he has done nothing but excel in the All Star games and combines.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Govbarney wrote:I still think we are concentrating on the wrong 'Jimmy'.

Jimmy Garoppolo is the guy I want , and you don't have to take him at #4 (Though I wouldnt be shocked if in the end he is a top 15 pick, I can see Minnesota grabbing him at 8). We should be using that number 4 pick on no shit real talent, not play a guessing game with three guys just b/c they happen to play QB.
Its tough to find anyone who has anything bad to say about Jimmy G other then "he played FCS"... Which I think is a pretty weak argument when you look at guys like Romo , and Flaco, and he has done nothing but excel in the All Star games and combines.

He's been the guy I want for a while too. But that was assuming we could snatch him up in the 3rd. Is he really rising up boards that far? Sheesh.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Govbarney wrote:I still think we are concentrating on the wrong 'Jimmy'.

He's been the guy I want for a while too. But that was assuming we could snatch him up in the 3rd. Is he really rising up boards that far? Sheesh.

most of what I have seen rates him as a late second rounder, but he is a QB with a pulse, so that automatically bumps him up about 20 picks.

I see his draft story mirroring EJ Manuel's. This time last year no one saw him as anything more then a late 2 early 3, then a few weeks before the draft people start rating him as a early 2 late 1 , and before you know it a team in desperate need of a QB reaches for him at 16.
I just want to go on record to say that I think Jimmy G will be better then EJ Manuel, and while it may be a reach , I wouldnt be upset if the browns moved up a few spots from 23 to grab him.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:To answer your question... uh... yes. Lots.

Bottles colored glasses? But your point is made, and so is mine.

Bridgewater will probably be there at 4, which is crazy.

Roll the dice on him, or lock down Watkins and make Hoyer look like Romo? Toss in Archer in the 3rd round and try and cover Gordon, Watkins, Cameron and Dri. No fucking way.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:25 am

Whatever we do...please lord do not trade up.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:49 am

bookelly wrote:Whatever we do...please lord do not trade up.

I think Captain Panic is gone to Seattle. I don't see them trading up and could see them actually going the other way if they can find a partner.

This "ridiculously rich" QB class has turned out to be more hype than help.

Be okay if they put an extra pick or two in their pocket for each 'next year' when you can maybe use it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:To answer your question... uh... yes. Lots.

Bottles colored glasses? But your point is made, and so is mine.

Bridgewater will probably be there at 4, which is crazy.

Roll the dice on him, or lock down Watkins and make Hoyer look like Romo? Toss in Archer in the 3rd round and try and cover Gordon, Watkins, Cameron and Dri. No fucking way.

Make no mistake, I don't want Bottles at 4. Teddy... In a heartbeat. If he's not, I'm with you, take Watkins and a QB prospect in the 3rd and see what Hoyer can do this season.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:44 pm

So, where are we all standing on Manziel right now?

His pro day was apparently impressive, but I'm not convinced that means anything, just as I'm not convinced that Teddy's reportedly unspectacular pro day means much either. There is a ton of tape on these guys so I don't see how playing catch with your friends for 15 minutes can add much info.

I didn't want him before, and I still don't want him. I've come along far enough that I wouldn't line up on the 480 if they did draft him, though.

And I'd be able to talk myself into it in about 10 seconds if they did pull that trigger...but that's no different than any other fucking year. :pb:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:33 pm

motherscratcher wrote:So, where are we all standing on Manziel right now?

His pro day was apparently impressive, but I'm not convinced that means anything, just as I'm not convinced that Teddy's reportedly unspectacular pro day means much either. There is a ton of tape on these guys so I don't see how playing catch with your friends for 15 minutes can add much info.

I didn't want him before, and I still don't want him. I've come along far enough that I wouldn't line up on the 480 if they did draft him, though.

And I'd be able to talk myself into it in about 10 seconds if they did pull that trigger...but that's no different than any other fucking year. :pb:

I don't recall, nor do I have any official data, but I'd be willing to bet we can find some info on Brandon Weeden's pro day being "impressive" as well.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm

StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:14 pm

I am all aboard the Johnny Football Train. I'd love to see the Browns take him, and think he's going to be a special NFL player.

Kid was just born to play the QB position to me. Was very impressed with what I saw from him during the Gruden QB camp. Not only his natural talent, arm, athletic skills, and the freakish hand size that allows him to throw tight spirals without even using the strings of the football ... but his own analysis of his own game and what he needs to do to get ready to slay giants on Sundays.

And the Pro Day. Was impressive.

Everything I have seen in two years of watching this kid screams that he is going to be a big time game changing talent that can run, think, and make every throw.

And he would set this town on fire if he's even 80% of that.

Browns will pass on him. And he'll haunt us for years. Take it to the bank.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 am

I've tried at various points to talk myself both in and out of JFF.

1. He's a dynamic playmaker that's bent Nick Saban over like nobody else has.
2. He's a Joe Namath-like partier that (in my eyes) is a breath of fresh air after all of these goody-two-shoes wanna-be's in the league right now. Come on, we know they all get down- so Johnny's an ass about it, but at least he's honest.
3. He's boom or bust when it comes to being a NFL QB. There is no way that he is only mediocre.

The buzz that would result from the Browns drafting JFF would be amazing. He'd also probably personally fund a renovation of West 6th St.

Here's a question for you guys- if he was being talked about at being there at 26, would that change things? We have to get #4 right, and Robinson, Mack and Clowney are safer choices there (if available).
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:55 am

swerb wrote:I am all aboard the Johnny Football Train. I'd love to see the Browns take him, and think he's going to be a special NFL player.

Kid was just born to play the QB position to me. Was very impressed with what I saw from him during the Gruden QB camp. Not only his natural talent, arm, athletic skills, and the freakish hand size that allows him to throw tight spirals without even using the strings of the football ... but his own analysis of his own game and what he needs to do to get ready to slay giants on Sundays.

And the Pro Day. Was impressive.

Everything I have seen in two years of watching this kid screams that he is going to be a big time game changing talent that can run, think, and make every throw.

And he would set this town on fire if he's even 80% of that.

Browns will pass on him. And he'll haunt us for years. Take it to the bank.

Not convinced you can play that style with so little size.

I see a Michael Vick - not in accuracy or smarts - but in the sense you'll get about 2 full seasons of every five.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 pm

leadpipe wrote:Not convinced you can play that style with so little size.

Can not concur. Defenses are not allowed to touch the guy throwing the ball anymore. Vick hit several years too early.

He still has to be smart about getting out of bounds and throwing the ball away, but it ain't the same as before.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 am

swerb wrote:Browns will pass on him. And he'll haunt us for years. Take it to the bank.

Where is this bank and how do I get in on it?

If I had a quarter for every fatally flawed QB that someone assured me would succeed, that bank would be full indeed.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

Can not concur. Defenses are not allowed to touch the guy throwing the ball anymore. Vick hit several years too early.

He still has to be smart about getting out of bounds and throwing the ball away, but it ain't the same as before.

You also need more size in the NFL to keep plays alive. He's a one arm take-down guy. The masters of the broken play - and two of the VERY FEW that made their careers out of these plays were Elway and Roethleberger.

And Vick played the majority of his years with current rules, and suffered the majority of his injuries in the places on the field where the protection doesn't really apply.

The Hoyer play is a perfect example of one that Johhny F is gonna have to put himself into to be successful. Shocked, SHOCKED if he's 2 full season for every 4.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 am

leadpipe wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

You also need more size in the NFL to keep plays alive. He's a one arm take-down guy. The masters of the broken play - and two of the VERY FEW that made their careers out of these plays were Elway and Roethleberger.

And Vick played the majority of his years with current rules, and suffered the majority of his injuries in the places on the field where the protection doesn't really apply.

The Hoyer play is a perfect example of one that Johhny F is gonna have to put himself into to be successful. Shocked, SHOCKED if he's 2 full season for every 4.

Agree. If Manziel plays the way he did in college, he'll spend a lot of time nursing owies on the sidelines. But since playing that way is likely the only way he'll be effective...

:thud:
Hikohadon

Unread postby Spin » Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 pm

If I were drafting for the Browns, I'd take the best available athlete at #4, and then look at QB's at 26 or 35. QB's are such a gamble, there's probably a 30% chance the one you draft will be worth a shit.

Now, who do I THINK the Browns will draft? I predict Jimmy Haslem walks into the war room and says "We gotta sell more tickets. Take Manziel."
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Spin wrote:If I were drafting for the Browns, I'd take the best available athlete at #4, and then look at QB's at 26 or 35. QB's are such a gamble, there's probably a 30% chance the one you draft will be worth a shit.

Now, who do I THINK the Browns will draft? I predict Jimmy Haslem walks into the war room and says "We gotta sell more tickets. Take Manziel."

Except for the fact the Browns have been on about the worst 15 year run in NFL history and they still sell every ticket.

The guy may steal from truckers, but he's not too much of a God Damned idiot to figure that out.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Thu May 08, 2014 8:46 am

There's a L O T of empty seats, and a LOT of tickets being sold at a very low price (free).
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

Spin wrote:There's a L O T of empty seats, and a LOT of tickets being sold at a very low price (free).

but those empty seats have sold tickets attached to them. People selling low or giving away tickets, their $$ is already in Haslem's pocket. They are the ones choosing to not go to games that dont matter or trying to flip those tix for some monetary value.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Spin wrote:Now, who do I THINK the Browns will draft? I predict Jimmy Haslem walks into the war room and says "We gotta sell more tickets. Take Manziel."

I don't think he's that stupid. He must realize that winning sells the most tickets.

Manziel would not help that cause.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

If I had to place a bet, I'd say they're taking Johnny Football. Just a gut feeling.

Something in the way they try not to pay attention to him, or try to look like they don't like him.

I hope they take a tackle though.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby StewieG » Thu May 08, 2014 4:18 pm

I'd be fine with Watkins, Mack, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, and Evans. Which of course means they're going to take Manziel.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 08, 2014 4:40 pm

WR is essentially a luxury right now. If there's a transcendent talent like Watkins there, you can use the 4th pick on a luxury. Evans is not Watkins.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Personally I don't think they will take Manziel at 4. Mack, Watkins, or trade down hopefully is what happens.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Spin wrote:There's a L O T of empty seats, and a LOT of tickets being sold at a very low price (free).

If the money is already in Jimmy's pocket, what the hell does he care what someone is humpin' em down on E. 9th for?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Yah it's just less people there to boo him. He is not disappointed
JCoz

Unread postby fairvis » Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Well, he's a Brown now. We'll see how this turns out. I'd imagine either a dumpster fire or something special.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 pm

At least it's possible dumpster fire with an extreme #1!
JCoz

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 am

Fuck it, I'm on board. Let's roll
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:47 am

^^^^

This is exactly why that stadium sells out every shitty Sunday after Sunday.

I have no idea if Manziel will be beast or bust or somewhere in between, but the shit on Twitter last night? Fucking funny. In a sad and pathetic way.

Tools wanting the guy at #4 when no one in the world who actually has an NFL job was going to do that. He'd have probably been there at 26 too. Maybe the Chiefs take him if a Smith deal truly looks doomed, but I doubt it. Maybe the Vikings were calling, but again, I doubt it.

Either way, one of the F's in JFF has to stand for flawed, because only fan-bois saw the guy as a top 5 pick. And I think some of them just like watching car accidents happen or enjoy cutting themselves because it feels good when they stop.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm sorry but I can't help but be somewhat excited about this kid being a Brown. Not so much b/c I buy into all the hype but b/c he DID look like a fantastic football player, looked as good as ANY QB (actually better) in this draft, and for once we grabbed a legit high end potential guy that COULD change the franchise.

Regardless of which year or which position, we have not grabbed a guy with that possibility STR, not once.

Plus he has gigantic hands, does his GF get to be the only one who benefits from that!?!?!
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri May 09, 2014 1:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:This is exactly why that stadium sells out every shitty Sunday after Sunday.

1500 season tickets have been sold since last night.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby JCoz » Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

JCoz wrote:At least it's possible dumpster fire with an extreme #1!

This was supposed to say an extra #1.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri May 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Johnny Football isn't who I wanted yesterday, but none of the QB's were flawless this year. I still think it was a pretty good round for the Browns. If I'm the GM I probably have Mack and Teddy right now, but its pretty tough for me to rip on the best CB prospect, JFF, and a likely top 15 pick next season. With Lee possibly there in rd 2, its like getting 3 1st round picks this season and an extra one next year. There is also Xavier Su'a-Filo there.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Now that he's a reality, I keep trying to put a positive face on it. But, honestly, I have no idea how Manziel's not a bust. Trying to let it go, but this shit has Brady Quinn II written all over it.

Depressing...
Hikohadon

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 09, 2014 2:18 pm

If he is a bust then we draft another prospect we either hate or get excited about.

We can't go backward from here. 4-12 or 5-11 in perpetuity blows. JFF either makes us exciting and good or gets replaced in two years. Its not like we had a shot at Andrew Luck and didn't pull the trigger. We had to take a QB, all are crapshoots, enjoy the ride.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL