Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Dear Lars,

Without mentioning pork products or Cedar Point, what do I put on a wedding website that will convince my out of town friends that coming to Cleveland for my wedding is a sweet idea, since ive been telling them the place ROCKS for better than 10 years?

Also....Great columns, i've enjoyed the reads.


Dear Grady,

Just announce that it will an open bar b/c you're NOT some retard from the east coast or Martha's Vineyard that insists on a cash bar. You'll have the time of your life...and CONGRATS!1!

Sincerely,

Lars
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Loved the epic SOPA rant.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Loved the epic SOPA rant.

That was outstanding. And spot on.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby LarsHancock » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I'll pick off the ones I won't answer on Friday...

jb wrote:Dear Lars. Why do we only get to email questions?

McChromedome and Angry Eyesore tell me email is dead and only twitter exists as a channel. So can we tweet them?

And did Napster ever pay up?

You can DM them to me in the forae also, unless DMing is dead too. You could probably tweet them to me, but I wouldn't want to force you to ask things in less than 140 characters. Some issues are way too complicated to be constrained to such tight limits. Plus, if you want to be anonymous, twitter isn't so good. Unless you DM on twitter, and then you may as well DM here.

And I didn't realize email was dead. I guess the 50 or so emails I get a day are zombies, or all sent by dinosaurs like me. Could you imagine conducting all your company business over twitter? "There's pizza in the break room" would work out fine but "Here are the plans to the top secret spy plane" may not translate so well.

As for Napster, once you declare bankruptcy, the lawyers start looking at everyone who was even remotely close to the debacle, and start suing them for the settlement monies. Numerous parties paid, and some money was reclaimed from the scrap heap when Napster was auctioned off (had $2M in assets and $101M in liabilities - nice work boys). So there was some money paid here and there, and I wouldn't be shocked if some litigation was still outstanding - it's really hard to tell.

Fucking lawyers are horrible vultures. Most of that money went to them, and the music companies got a few nice cups of coffee and a new chair for the receptionist.

jb wrote:Dear Lars,

While you are answering these insightful queries, could you give us your prediction on where Indiana high school phenom LBer prospect david "Boom" Perkins is likely to land?


Ohio State.

Yeah, so that's easier to answer now than when you asked. Lesson learned:



peeker643 wrote:Dear Lars,

Why is JB such a dick?

Has he always been a dick or did he evolve from a mild-mannered, contributing board citizen into a dick over time?

My theory is his catholic high school education set him on a path where he could end up as nothing other than a dick. Was hoping you might have a theory.

Thanks.


e0y2e3 wrote:Dear Lars,

Why won't JB let me troll him in his Lube thread?

Thanks,

Angry Eyesore


When my kids start fighting about shit I can't possibly begin to or care to understand, I tell them to go outside. Probably good advice when you're fighting on teh interweb too.
User avatar
LarsHancock
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm
Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Dear Lars,

My wife has really been laying into me lately. She's clearly unhappy, going on and on about my job, my salary, my fitness level, my diet, my appearance, and my general usefulness around the house. It's gotten to a point where it's almost impossible to avoid a fight when we are in the same room together.

So my question is: What's the best way to get rid of the body?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4337
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

LARS!!! Out of Bounds- Friday, 1/27 Must Read

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:11 pm

So fucking good.

Seriously, Lars, just tremendous.

http://bit.ly/xPqreJ
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Become an alcoholic. Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re a Cleveland sports fan. Which means, chances are, you’re already an alcoholic. Which is awesome, because alcoholics get to go to meetings, or if you play your cards right, rehab! You’re bettering yourself, and getting out of the house for long stretches. Winning. And when she goes off on you, head straight for the booze. She’ll feel guilty she’s forcing you to drink and back off. There really is no downside to alcoholism.


Interesting idea. I've been hearing good things about alcohol - maybe I should give it a whirl.

PS - Are we allowed to use "Fuck" again?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4337
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby LarsHancock » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Become an alcoholic. Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re a Cleveland sports fan. Which means, chances are, you’re already an alcoholic. Which is awesome, because alcoholics get to go to meetings, or if you play your cards right, rehab! You’re bettering yourself, and getting out of the house for long stretches. Winning. And when she goes off on you, head straight for the booze. She’ll feel guilty she’s forcing you to drink and back off. There really is no downside to alcoholism.


Interesting idea. I've been hearing good things about alcohol - maybe I should give it a whirl.

PS - Are we allowed to use "Fuck" again?

My philosophy: if you're old enough to do it, you're old enough to say it.
User avatar
LarsHancock
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm
Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Re: LARS!!! Out of Bounds- Friday, 1/27 Must Read

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:11 pm

You keep changing what forum you link Lars articles in and you are going to give the old bastard a stroke. Too much techno garble for an advanced guy like him.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: LARS!!! Out of Bounds- Friday, 1/27 Must Read

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You keep changing what forum you link Lars articles in and you are going to give the old bastard a stroke. Too much techno garble for an advanced guy like him.


I know. I couldn't find the old thread immediately and easily or it would have went in there.

It needs a permanent place because the GD column is great and deserves as any eyes as possible on it.

What a piece of work that cat is.

I don't how to pin it either. I suck as a mod. Fighting with clientele and not knowing message board basics.... ;-) ;) :wink: :nanner:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: LARS!!! Out of Bounds- Friday, 1/27 Must Read

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:You keep changing what forum you link Lars articles in and you are going to give the old bastard a stroke. Too much techno garble for an advanced guy like him.


I know. I couldn't find the old thread immediately and easily or it would have went in there.

It needs a permanent place because the GD column is great and deserves as any eyes as possible on it.

What a piece of work that cat is.

I don't how to pin it either. I suck as a mod. Fighting with clientele and not knowing message board basics.... ;-) ;) :wink: :nanner:


Consider it pinned.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Lars,

Why is Mike Homgren smoking a cig and holding a slushy in this pic:

Image

Also, aside from the drunk cig, do people actually still smoke? Like smoke cigarettes sober, in the day-light and while riding in golf carts?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 pm

That's a bloody mary, no? Plastic top on there so Holmgren doesn't eat the cup.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby LarsHancock » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Lars,

Why is Mike Homgren smoking a cig and holding a slushy in this pic:

Image

Also, aside from the drunk cig, do people actually still smoke? Like smoke cigarettes sober, in the day-light and while riding in golf carts?


Because he can. You have Holmgren money, you do what the fuck you want when you want.

As for smoking, if you can think of another way for work to allow you to fuck off 5 minutes of every half hour hanging with the other degenerates without the slightest fear of repercussions like it was high school again, I'd like to hear it. Society rewards you for smoking these days. When I used to consult, having a guy on your team who was a smoker was a huge benefit - he'd go out and bond with the smokers of the company and know what was really happening. Like a mole.

Do high schools still have smoking areas? I remember my first one did, and my second one, well, go into the woods behind and smoke whatever you want. Don't ask don't tell. Granted that was back in the single room schoolhouse days of frontier America, because I'm an old and miserable bastard. Hell, I still have a yahoo account! In related news, the earth, still flat, right?
User avatar
LarsHancock
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm
Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:40 am

Dear Lars,

Dilemma.....My 11 yr old has asked on several occasions to switch allegiances from the Browns to a professional football team. He is tired of the abomination on the lake, and frankly questions my sanity in maintaining loyalty to all things Cleveland & even the Buckeyes.

You see my problem. My son is intelligent and realizes there is something very wrong with his father.

The Buckeyes are a much easier sell with the recent Meyer hiring and #3 rated recruiting class.

He doesn't perceive 1964.

Jimmy Brown is likened to George Washington era wise. Lebron left town, and Victor Mart was his favorite Indian. He routinely sees ex-Clev players shine in the playoffs. One of the hardest things to grasp ( for him & me) was watching CC face off against Cliff Lee in the world series. "Dad, were they not both Cy Young winners?...and isn't that the type of player you want to have on your team?"

I am running out of excuses and optimistic projections, he doesn't believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy anymore. What should I do? Spare him & save his life? Doom him to....this?

Please help.

Distressed in Youngstown,
pod2
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Dear Lars,

Dilemma.....My 11 yr old has asked on several occasions to switch allegiances from the Browns to a professional football team. He is tired of the abomination on the lake, and frankly questions my sanity in maintaining loyalty to all things Cleveland & even the Buckeyes.

You see my problem. My son is intelligent and realizes there is something very wrong with his father.

The Buckeyes are a much easier sell with the recent Meyer hiring and #3 rated recruiting class.

He doesn't perceive 1964.

Jimmy Brown is likened to George Washington era wise. Lebron left town, and Victor Mart was his favorite Indian. He routinely sees ex-Clev players shine in the playoffs. One of the hardest things to grasp ( for him & me) was watching CC face off against Cliff Lee in the world series. "Dad, were they not both Cy Young winners?...and isn't that the type of player you want to have on your team?"

I am running out of excuses and optimistic projections, he doesn't believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy anymore. What should I do? Spare him & save his life? Doom him to....this?

Please help.

Distressed in Youngstown,
pod2


This one's easy.

Remind him he doesn't come from a family of d-bag bandwagon frontrunners.

Then tell him to man up and stop whining.

That's what I'd tell my 11 year old if she ever said such ludicrous things.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4337
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Fuckin A

That's the choice. He's either going to be a Browns fan or a D-Bag Frontrunning Pussyface. That there's what it is. Nobody said it was fair.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Dear Lars,

In your most humble opinion, which is the better board game, Risk or Stratego? I would appreciate you breaking down the pros & cons of each in your answer, and it should go without saying, be as verbose as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Bored in Cleveland.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 pm

FUDU wrote:Dear Lars,

In your most humble opinion, which is the better board game, Risk or Stratego? I would appreciate you breaking down the pros & cons of each in your answer, and it should go without saying, be as verbose as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Bored in Cleveland.


Stratego is great if you're six or under.

If you're older than that, this really had better not be a question.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm

I liked it better when you were rarely online.

Now I sit and wait patiently for Lars wisdomatic insight, depending on what he says.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I won Risk the first time I played it

Best freaking game ever!

The ability to hate is paramount and your friends list will likley shrink...which can be a good thing
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:I won Risk the first time I played it

Best freaking game ever!

The ability to hate is paramount and your friends list will likley shrink...which can be a good thing


I figured your favorite game would have been kick the can or pulling sticks out of mud.

I don't want to make Lars job any easier but you're wrong, way wrong. Risk, while a good game, is strongly based in pure 100% random chance. Chance plays no role in Statego, all skill, as much strategy and infinite set-ups, but can be played in much less time.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Axis & Allies.

Fucking British, dug in on that island, man.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Axis & Allies.

Fucking British, dug in on that island, man.


I knew that was coming
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Axis & Allies.

Fucking British, dug in on that island, man.



You mean real-life, like before you were reincarnated in this present form?

And based on your pizza knowledge and lackthereof you were never stationed in Italy; clearly.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

The Risk game app for the iPad is awesome. Love that effing game.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm

swerb wrote:The Risk game app for the iPad is awesome. Love that effing game.


Me too.

Do you know if there's any way we can use that to play each other?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:06 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
swerb wrote:The Risk game app for the iPad is awesome. Love that effing game.


Me too.

Do you know if there's any way we can use that to play each other?


::doh::

Hey- Why don't you just show up unannounced over at Rich's house with the game, some Cheeto's, a case of Code Red and your footie pajamas and you guys can play all weekend.

Good time for you to reflect back on why you didn't have a girlfriend the first 30 years of your life.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

^ lucky for him Dentist's flock/marry together
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:^ lucky for him Dentist's flock/marry together


You would bow down before me if you knew how many cavities I've filled
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 pm

I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 pm

swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


Same as age Pol Pot's parents introduced him to the game.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


Same as age Pol Pot's parents introduced him to the game.

Yeah - he's starting to ask me some weird questions about me and him actually invading Canada for real one weekend.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 pm

swerb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


Same as age Pol Pot's parents introduced him to the game.

Yeah - he's starting to ask me some weird questions about me and him actually invading Canada for real one weekend.


Try and spare all of Moscratcher's numerous old girlfriends in the Niagara Falls area.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


Same as age Pol Pot's parents introduced him to the game.

Yeah - he's starting to ask me some weird questions about me and him actually invading Canada for real one weekend.


Try and spare all of Moscratcher's numerous old girlfriends in the Niagara Falls area.


No worries, most of them moved to Paris to model. That's why we broke up.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


Same as age Pol Pot's parents introduced him to the game.

Yeah - he's starting to ask me some weird questions about me and him actually invading Canada for real one weekend.


Try and spare all of Moscratcher's numerous old girlfriends in the Niagara Falls area.


No worries, most of them moved to Paris to model. That's why we broke up.


Paris, Ohio or Paris, Illinois?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 am

swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


This site allows you to play free multi-player Risk games online --> http://www.conquerclub.com
User avatar
LarsHancock
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm
Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 am

LarsHancock wrote:
swerb wrote:I couldn't find any way to play online. Gotten so bad I am trying to teach my six year old how to play.


This site allows you to play free multi-player Risk games online --> http://www.conquerclub.com


Rich- That link is courtesy of Hallie's divorce attorney. Just saying. Between the Strat and potentially That you're gonna get gat.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22721
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 pm

There has to be a place to play Risk online, there's one for Stratego and Risk is probably the more popular game.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 pm

FUDU wrote:There has to be a place to play Risk online, there's one for Stratego and Risk is probably the more popular game.


Swerb - What happened to that on-line version that Ricer almost rose to the #1 ranked Risk player in the world?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Dear Lars,

Does anyone get away with more false flavor advertising than The Doritos Company of America?

There isn't anything remotely pizzay about their Pizza Supreme Doritos, nor anything tacoy about their Taco, nor cheeseburgery about their Cheeseburger (IIRC, this was once a flavor). They're all just vaguely cheese-flavored. Really, the same goes for long-timers like Nacho & Ranch, but at this point, I've just lied to myself for so long that I've accepted those as representing the chip versions of their respective flavors.

The now-defunct Guacamole Doritos were really, really awesome--they gave you a crazy green tongue and some fucked up breath as a bonus--but again, they had absolutely nothing in common with the flavor of real live guacamole. Their similarities started and stopped with the color green. It was the wrong color green, but still, it was green.

The Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos. Also awesome. Quite possibly the greatest Doritos flavor ever, and while I suppose you could say there's a touch of sweetness there, spicy? Chili? Please.

Are we all just afraid to sue, fearing they may, out of spite, withhold from us their vast store of deliciousness?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby southernflyer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Lars,

Is it indie or sad that I am one of eight people on the earth that actually have a Hostile Omish CD? Bought it in one of the bargain bins of the Lakewood Record Exchange back in the day.
southernflyer
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Orlando, FL
Favorite Player: Face from the A Team
Least Favorite Player: David Delucci

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Lars,

How do you properly prepare Ghost Chile's? We were just discussing this at work and I could use experienced recipes.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 pm

pup wrote:
FUDU wrote:There has to be a place to play Risk online, there's one for Stratego and Risk is probably the more popular game.


Swerb - What happened to that on-line version that Ricer almost rose to the #1 ranked Risk player in the world?

Went to an exclusively pay model.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 pm

swerb wrote:
pup wrote:
FUDU wrote:There has to be a place to play Risk online, there's one for Stratego and Risk is probably the more popular game.


Swerb - What happened to that on-line version that Ricer almost rose to the #1 ranked Risk player in the world?

Went to an exclusively pay model.


Bastards
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:47 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:^ lucky for him Dentist's flock/marry together


You would bow down before me if you knew how many cavities I've filled



3 Questions.

1. What's your address?

2. What kind of couches do you have?

3. I like my sandwiches with extra mustard.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:44 am

HoodooMan wrote:Dear Lars,

Does anyone get away with more false flavor advertising than The Doritos Company of America?

There isn't anything remotely pizzay about their Pizza Supreme Doritos, nor anything tacoy about their Taco, nor cheeseburgery about their Cheeseburger (IIRC, this was once a flavor). They're all just vaguely cheese-flavored. Really, the same goes for long-timers like Nacho & Ranch, but at this point, I've just lied to myself for so long that I've accepted those as representing the chip versions of their respective flavors.

The now-defunct Guacamole Doritos were really, really awesome--they gave you a crazy green tongue and some fucked up breath as a bonus--but again, they had absolutely nothing in common with the flavor of real live guacamole. Their similarities started and stopped with the color green. It was the wrong color green, but still, it was green.

The Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos. Also awesome. Quite possibly the greatest Doritos flavor ever, and while I suppose you could say there's a touch of sweetness there, spicy? Chili? Please.

Are we all just afraid to sue, fearing they may, out of spite, withhold from us their vast store of deliciousness?



Bump. I need to know this, too. same for ll F-L products. Molton Lava wing Ruffles?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby LarsHancock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:21 pm

southernflyer wrote:Lars,

Is it indie or sad that I am one of eight people on the earth that actually have a Hostile Omish CD? Bought it in one of the bargain bins of the Lakewood Record Exchange back in the day.

Let's just go with "awesome". I fucking hate labels like "indie". You like what you like, and that's that.

e0y2e3 wrote:Lars,

How do you properly prepare Ghost Chile's? We were just discussing this at work and I could use experienced recipes.

Ghost Chilies (no apostrophe needed) are about one thing: mind blowing heat. The best way to showcase these is via the buffalo wing. With wings, the heat gets on your hands, lips, and tongue (and if you touch your eye or take a leak...). There is no escaping it, there is pain everywhere. Which is exactly what you want to do to your friends.

Rehydrate the ghosts (assuming they are dried, as fresh aren't usually available) in some vinegar overnight. Then grill or deep fry the wings, puree the ghosts and vinegar, mix with some butter, and toss them on the wings with a little salt and lime for flavor. And then you can bet on who can eat more.


All other questions are addressed in the column.
User avatar
LarsHancock
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm
Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

LarsHancock wrote:All other questions are addressed in the column.


^False advertising. ^Possible irony.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Out of Bounds: New TCF Column

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:31 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
LarsHancock wrote:All other questions are addressed in the column.


^False advertising. ^Possible irony.



Promises, promises.

We want answers and we can handle the Truth.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests