Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

For lack of a game thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

For lack of a game thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Fuck you LeBron. The new guy has ice in his veins!

BUT WHY ARE WE WINNING GOD DAMNIT!

What to make of even the weak whispers about an interest in Chris Kaman. He is ugly.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: For lack of a game thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Orenthal wrote:Fuck you LeBron. The new guy has ice in his veins!

What to make of even the weak whispers about an interest in Chris Kaman. He is ugly.

There are a few teams I'm willing to waive my "WTF ARE YOU WINNING FOR" approach. The Celtics are one of them. Actually, if they could lose every game but the 7 or 8 against Miami and Boston I think I'd be fine.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 pm

I mean, I see why you want them to lose, and for the most part I do too. But it is what it is, you can't really expect them to lose. I doubt that Byron Scott is putting anything less than 100% into this team right now; it's not in his best interests to tank the games.

Good thing is, down the stretch, I don't see them making the Playoffs, and I think that's all that really matters. As long as we're eligible for a pingpong ball, I'm happy.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:11 pm

You wonder who they'll trade. Interesting tweet on the home page about Irving's quick development possibly keeping them from trading Andy.

You have to expect Jamison to be traded- I'm still assuming Andy as well. Need to eventually (soon) somehow pair Irving up with a stud wing- no?

Anyway, is the assumption that they'll begin to lose games in earnest once the trade deadline nears still widely held?

I also do expect Irving to hit a wall.

EDIT: been noticing the banner ads for ethnic girls. Anyone ever contacted them on that? Anyone met one of the girls? Just curious. Russian/Thai/Phillipines... what, no fellow Czechs? ha
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:40 pm

-I think Kyrie would be best paired with a stud SF compared to a stud SG.
-Twan definitely gets traded, but I'm open to keeping Andy.
-I think Kyrie is just going to improve. Not with scoring/shooting (he's where he needs to be in both) but with Assist:Turnover ratio.
-I'm open to Russian/Thai/Phillipines, but I don't want to View Men in Memphis
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:45 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:-I think Kyrie would be best paired with a stud SF compared to a stud SG.

please explain why- I have no agenda; it's a straight up question
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 pm

googleeph2 wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:-I think Kyrie would be best paired with a stud SF compared to a stud SG.

please explain why- I have no agenda; it's a straight up question

I just think it's more difficult for crazy talented point guards to mesh with crazy talented shooting guards. I can't help but think about the MoWilliams/LeBron combo in Cleveland.. worked out terribly IMO (I know that calling LeBron a SG is 'loose' considering all the positions he can play).
Kyrie can get the ball into the paint from the perimeter as good as anybody. He fed Andy real nice a coupla times tonight. So get another guy that can grind in the paint a little bit, and shoot a mid-range jumper.
Think about the successful teams with some of the best PG's in the league. LAC, CHI, OKC. Who are their shooting guards?

EDIT: Andy cannot shoot a mid-range jumper.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 pm

I can't help but think about the MoWilliams/LeBron combo in Cleveland.. worked out terribly IMO (I know that calling LeBron a SG is 'loose' considering all the positions he can play).

Mo Williams isn't a point guard either. He's a combo guard the Cavs had play point guard because he was a good spot up shooter and Lebron handled the ball a majority of the time anyway. True point guards can mesh with anyone.... as long as they make open looks.

In the last two games, Kyrie has shown that he has the clutch gene, or at least the makings of one. Won't really be able to know until he can get to the playoffs, but you can already tell that he relishes the big moment and that drive and layup tonight were beautiful. Loving him more every game.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Notice he didn't make the pass to the open AV on that last play.

I like that.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Demeatloaf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

I don't want the Cavs to try and lose. I just want the coaching staff and front office to do a proper rebuild. That will lead to losses and a more long-term success.
Demeatloaf

Unread postby Demeatloaf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 am

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Fuck you LeBron. The new guy has ice in his veins!

There are a few teams I'm willing to waive my "WTF ARE YOU WINNING FOR" approach. The Celtics are one of them. Actually, if they could lose every game but the 7 or 8 against Miami and Boston I think I'd be fine.

Agreed, Brian. Although I do like it when they beat NY as well.
Demeatloaf

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 am

Feh, I don't wanna see anymore comebacks. We had a nice opportunity to gain some ground on that pack just 1 or 2 games ahead of us in the pingpong chase.

Saving grace is a deep draft where a decent wing will probably be available late lotto. Kills my fantasy of grabbing Drummond, but eh.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 am

The Cavs clearly aren't one of the worst six teams in the league. The difference between seventh and the last lottery spot is negligible. Remember, they won the first pick in the draft last year with the Clippers pick, which was a high spot in the lottery, not with their own slot.

So the only worry is they get that eighth seed. Anything else, and they've got a chance somewhere between slim and none of getting into the top three picks.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Cavs steal a win in Boston with Rondo out. Not good for draft positioning, but real fun to watch. Coming from 11 down with four minutes left and holding Garnett, Pierce and Allen scoreless in crunch time will give this team a lot of confidence, especially doing it with Michal Thompson on the floor, who's like the 13th guy on the roster.

I don't know if this win will cost the Cavs any draft placement, but learning that they can come from behind on the road in front of a packed house against a veteran team on a four-game win streak is worth something, even if the Celtics were missing their All-Star point guard.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm with you to a point. In this draft I want to be no lower then 9. Understand typical draft depth, odds of pick working out, and the chance the ping pongs work out. Just wanna eliminate some of that "chance".

Guy I'm watching in that lower tier 9-12 is Terrence Jones. Great skill-set, and just inconsistent (play and body language) enough to be there at a possible late lotto pick.
Orenthal

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA