Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Tannehill

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Tannehill

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Might as well get this started... let's say RG3 is gone at #4, or the Browns go another direction.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_QB

Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M) is slotted to go around the 22 spot, which, coincidentally, well, you know.

I haven't seen this guy play at all, so I need to watch some shit on him before I can form any opinion. Reading up on him, good mobility, good size, good arm strength, too many picks. Any thoughts on him?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Tannehill

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 pm

IIRC--I'm sure that link says so--he was a WR two years ago. He's raw as hell. Who knows.

The way last year went, Washington or Miami probably goes ahead and takes him in the Top 10.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby pup » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Might as well get this started... let's say RG3 is gone at #4, or the Browns go another direction.

Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M) is slotted to go around the 22 spot, which, coincidentally, well, you know.

I haven't seen this guy play at all, so I need to watch some shit on him before I can form any opinion. Reading up on him, good mobility, good size, good arm strength, too many picks. Any thoughts on him?

Only been a QB for about 18 months, IIRC. Hard to say really. I mentioned him in the draft thread as a package deal if they decide to not get Brad to be OC and hire Mike Sherman instead.

Everything I had seen (but it was prior to Jones not coming out) had him being around @ 37 so you would have to roll the dice IMO. I think this pick has to be used on an OL. It helps us, and you know Pittsburgh is going to be looking to take one around then too, so it might hurt them.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Might as well get this started... let's say RG3 is gone at #4, or the Browns go another direction.

SD:

Played under Sherman who has WCO roots , so he's not adverse to running plays from under center , made a ton of mistakes recently having been converted to QB .

Project pick for a desperate team with more guts than Landry Jones but less skill , your just fooling yourself though if you think you can do anything other than play with yourself if you passed on Flynn and were too stupid to trade up and nab RG3 .

You'd be further ahead playing our third string Qb than wasting a pick here if Tannehill is the choice , youd do better with a second tier starter with way more collegiate starting experience like a Moore or Russel Wilson in the second who could come in and compete at least .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 am

I'm interested in seeing what the talking heads have to say about Tyler Wilson outta Arkansas should he declare.

Cause I like him.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 am

leadpipe wrote:I'm interested in seeing what the talking heads have to say about Tyler Wilson outta Arkansas should he declare.

Cause I like him.

SD:

now your talking

far superior skill set to Tannehill in my book , with exposure to a pro type set , via Petrino .

Extremely tough kid who had no running game .

and

Will be taken ahead of Barkley next year if he returns to school IMO.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 am

He has a broken foot which should keep him out of the Senior bowl and combine. That should push him past pick 22 safely. Might be a top of the 2nd rounder now.

BTW I believe he was a QB in high school and was recruited as a QB. Switched to WR for the needs of the team.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 am

leadpipe wrote:I'm interested in seeing what the talking heads have to say about Tyler Wilson outta Arkansas should he declare.

Cause I like him.

IMO, Wilson was better than Mallet last year
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

Cause I like him.

IMO, Wilson was better than Mallet last year

Keep Wilson's name top of mind. That is all.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 pm

I like Wilson as well.

Absolutely hate the idea of drafting Tannehill for where he's slotted, even at this point.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Is Wilson coming out? What's the deadline to decide?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Believeland » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Believeland

Favorite Player: Joey Belle
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL