Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ozone Article- UM back as it ever was

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ozone Article- UM back as it ever was

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:53 am

http://theozone.net/football/2012/michiganback.html

If there had never been a Rich Rodriguez Era, and we just went from Lloyd Carr's last season in 2007 to Brady Hoke's in 2011, wouldn't that feel like a very seamless transition?

There's very little question that Brady Hoke has Michigan on their way to being where they were in Lloyd Carr's heyday. But keep in mind, Carr's teams had three or more losses in ten of his thirteen seasons.

The ultimate goal shouldn't be to simply get "back", because "back" wasn't really as great as many may remember. The goal should be more. It should be larger.

Just a good article even if it starts out a little sour sounding.

The expectations will rise quickly. Carr's level of success isn't really what UM fans are looking for. This year feels good because they won a bowl and The Game. That was more than enough coming off the worst stint of football in the history of UM. 4-5 losses next year will take a lot of shine off that new ride. All starts with Bama.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Ozone Article- UM back as it ever was

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 pm

wanted to bump this once for those who maybe didnt click the first time
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Ozone Article- UM back as it ever was

Unread postby furls » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:50 pm

scUM hasn't been particularly good in about a decade, I guess the 2006 team that lost to tOSU and then was destroyed in the Rose Bowl may have been good, but you could make the counter argument.

I completely agree though, the goal for scUM should be better, not a return to the Carr standards of slightly better than mediocre through most of his tenure. I hate scUM and root against them every week, but the rivalry is better when they matter. Hoke looks to have undone much of the DickRod damage in his first year, I just hope that this season's "paper giant" success is not the enduring standard at scUM.

They beat the worst Ohio State team in 3 decades and were gifted a very peculiar win against VaTech. I guess their best win was against Nebraska this year. Their schedule next year is ALOT more hostile... highlights:
-Neutral field against 'Bama
-@ ND
-MSU
-@Nebraska
-@OSU
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena