Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Positives

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Positives

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:What is Stetson cologne? The scent of pro-HGH enhanced kicker fans?

Deer scent
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I'm with GoTribe on this. And, it's a little off topic but it relates...I keep reading about how Jim Brown is the best RB of all time. He was good, but until he hits a home run in a MLB All Star game, he'll never be the running back that Bo Jackson was.

SD:

Jim Brown was also a La crosse All American , and could have played Basketball as well .

There isn't a sport you can name he couldn't play .

Let me know when Bo faced 11 man defenses designed just to stop him , when late hits were part of the game , and a man could have his fingers stepped on and the refs were blind to it .

BTW Jim also never missed a game in his career , and damn near never missed a play.

SoulDawg

Brown never missed his bitches with a right hook or a hush money payday from Browns ownership either.

And yes, these facts are irrelevant to the point, which was what Scratcher was trying to point out above.....

He compared a guy who flashed and crashed after three years to a guy who was the best in the bidness for a Decade .

what that had to do with Dawson being a better kicker than Groza , you fiquire out.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:22 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I'm with GoTribe on this. And, it's a little off topic but it relates...I keep reading about how Jim Brown is the best RB of all time. He was good, but until he hits a home run in a MLB All Star game, he'll never be the running back that Bo Jackson was.

SD:

Jim Brown was also a La crosse All American , and could have played Basketball as well .

Let me know when Bo faced 11 man defenses designed just to stop him , when late hits were part of the game , and a man could have his fingers stepped on and the refs were blind to it .

BTW Jim also never missed a game in his career , and damn near never missed a play.

SoulDawg

Brown never missed his bitches with a right hook or a hush money payday from Browns ownership either.

And yes, these facts are irrelevant to the point, which was what Scratcher was trying to point out above.....

He compared a guy who flashed and crashed after three years to a guy who was the best in the bidness for a Decade .

what that had to do with Dawson being a better kicker than Groza , you fiquire out.

SoulDawg

Dammit SD, just when we were agreeing on everything and getting along great...walking in lockstep on RG3 and all...you go and completely miss my poignant, hilarious, and clever response to GoTribe.

Go back and read the thread. One of GoTribes arguments was that Groza was a better kicker than Dawson in part because he also played tackle, which is obvious ridiculous and typical of GoTribe's usual idiocy*. I was trying to point out that Groza playing tackle is as relevant to who is a better kicker as hitting a home run would be to who is a better running back.

Way to kill a beautifully constructed Woody Allenesgue joke...probably the best in the thread.

So to be clear...yes, I'm aware that Jim Brown was a world class lacrosse player and all around athlete. No, I don't thin Bo (as much as I love him) could hold JIm Brown's jock anywhere ouside of TechmoBowl. That is not a slam on Bo...nobody could. brown is untouchable.

*GT you know im busting balls
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

Dammit SD, just when we were agreeing on everything and getting along great...walking in lockstep on RG3 and all...you go and completely miss my poignant, hilarious, and clever response to GoTribe.

Go back and read the thread. One of GoTribes arguments was that Groza was a better kicker than Dawson in part because he also played tackle, which is obvious ridiculous and typical of GoTribe's usual idiocy*. I was trying to point out that Groza playing tackle is as relevant to who is a better kicker as hitting a home run would be to who is a better running back.

Way to kill a beautifully constructed Woody Allenesgue joke...probably the best in the thread.

So to be clear...yes, I'm aware that Jim Brown was a world class lacrosse player and all around athlete. No, I don't thin Bo (as much as I love him) could hold JIm Brown's jock anywhere ouside of TechmoBowl. That is not a slam on Bo...nobody could. brown is untouchable.

I agree. Bo Jackson was better than Jim Brown.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

SD:

Just when i was gonna agree Groza's efforts to kick balls after playing and during playing tackle all game was an even more impressive effort than Phils longevity , you have to go and poop your pants with a statement like that.

Adam Vianiteri pulled off the biggest series of clutch kicks ever , Phil Dawson pulled off the most impressive array of long distance kicks in sheeit weather in the regular season on record.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

SD:

Just when i was gonna agree Groza's efforts to kick balls after playing and during playing tackle all game was an even more impressive effort than Phils longevity , you have to go and poop your pants with a statement like that.

Adam Vianiteri pulled off the biggest series of clutch kicks ever , Phil Dawson pulled off the most impressive array of long distance kicks in sheeit weather in the regular season on record.

SoulDawg

I was kidding too; thought that was obvious. See, 'cause Mother wasn't really saying that Bo was better...aw, forget it.

I highly doubt there's anyone on these boards, or anywhere outside of Jackson's immediate family, who actually thinks Bo Jackson is better than Jim Brown. Hell, Bo Jackson probably doesn't think Bo Jackson was better than Jim Brown.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 am

Bo knows sarcasm.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 am

peeker643 wrote:Phil Dawson is Ring of Honor- good. Cemented his status as not only the very best player since they returned but also the very best kicker in team history.

Pontibriand was a two time Probowler and should clearly be included in the pantheon of the New-Browns era.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby mistero » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow, 2 posts and this thread went right to shit.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 am

Positive: The Browns beat up the Steelers enough that they lost to the 8-8 Broncos in the first round of the playoffs. That can't all be credited to Cleveland, maybe Denver got the Save, but the Browns got the Hold.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL