Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs vs. Nets 1/1/12

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs vs. Nets 1/1/12

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 am

Cavs outscored the Nets 55-33 in second half after trailing by 6 at halftime. Once again they threw a lot of ill advised passes in the first half, resulting in 14 turnovers, and once again they cleaned it up in the second half with only 6.

The Cavs shot a ridiculous 16-for-26 on 3-pointers. I really believe you should shoot the 3's at home and avoid them on the road. Travel takes something out of the legs and it shows on the longer shots.

After floundering for three games Jamison got it going with a spectacular game. He took over the 3rd quarter, offensively, defensively, and on the boards as the Cavs went from six down to six up. Looks like he ain't dead yet.

Casspi still looks lost out there, but at least he knocked down a 3. He looks slow, awkward and out-of-sync.

The bench outscored the Nets' bench 47-24. However, they played more minutes. The Nets had all five starters playing in excess of 30 minutes. Possibly fatigue was a factor in the second half as the Cavs held them to 33 points and blew the game open in the 4th quarter. Gee, Gibson, and Sessions were all +19 for the game.

Beating the 1-3 Nets at home without Brook Lopez is not that big a deal, but any win is a positive for this developing young team.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: Cavs vs. Nets 1/1/12

Unread postby SDM » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:46 pm

I really think they should try to lose more often.
SDM

Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Bruce Lee Bowen

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Jamo keeps up his winning game and he might have some value. Gotta clear the decks for Thompson who is showing some real potential so far in his reserve role.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Cavs fever starting to spread though. Obviously.

This is the 4th post in the game thread that was started after the game.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Holidays?

Time to bring in DeMarcus Cousins and his attitude to kill this thing!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:56 pm

SDM wrote:I really think they should try to lose more often.

Cavs youth is helping overcome some of the conditioning problems on the other teams. That'll change in a few weeks. Plus, they're sneaking up on people who don't expect such an quick and athletic team. This too will change in a few weeks.

That said, this team is fun to watch. The future is certainly bright in Cav-land. With all the pick we have stockpiled we could make a move for Andre Drummond regardless of where the lottery balls fall. Add a nice free agent and you'll have a very good, and very young team.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

DeMarcus Cousins on the Cavs? hmmmmm I think that would result in a vendetta on the city of Cleveland.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Orenthal wrote:Jamo keeps up his winning game and he might have some value. Gotta clear the decks for Thompson who is showing some real potential so far in his reserve role.

Well, TT has nowhere near the offensive skills of Jamison, but 9 points in 16 minutes isn't bad, and he was 1-for-6 from the free throw line. He also chipped in with 6 boards and 3 blocks. I also noticed that, like in college, he has a knack for defending shooters without fouling them.

The issue with dumping Jamison is that the starting five is offensively challenged already, and Jamo is the best finisher. Put TT in the starting lineup and you have a front line of AV, TT, and Casspi, with Parker at the 2 guard. That group will have a tough time putting the ball in the hole even with Kyrie running the show.

Samuels is showing some potential and when Erden comes back (in a week or so) they may want to have Erden split the center position with AV and move Samardo back to the 4, which creates a crowd with TT and Jamo.

I say they wait until somebody on a playoff team gets hurt and they come begging for Jamo. With the increased frequency of games this year, I suspect there will be more injuries. We just need the right guy to go down at the right time.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Prosecutor wrote: We just need the right guy to go down at the right time.

Need some of that Mike Brown/Bengals-at-the-deadline mojo.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA