Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

All eyes on Baylor tonight

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Triple-S wrote:
jerryroche wrote:Rose Bowl is on Jan. 2 (Monday). Browns play Sunday at 4:15.

Baltimore-Cincy is also Sunday at 4:15, so the Steelers won't know whether to go with POS or Batch right away. Good bet that Tomlin will be scoreboard-watching, tho.


dear god, why?

NO BOWL GAMES ON NEW YEARS? That's communist!



Cuz Bowl Games would get crushed by the NFL, and the NCAA knows it. They moved so they can get better ratings.

That's the soul of capitalism.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Didn't the Steelers game get flexed out, too? I think it was originally supposed to be at 1, then moved to 4. Be a real biyatch if the NFL flexed a game and that ended up coming back to haunt us, draft wise.


They did flex the Bengals-Ravens too. That helps those concerned with draft status but I have to admit, I'm with Hiko. I'd take the win.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Didn't the Steelers game get flexed out, too? I think it was originally supposed to be at 1, then moved to 4. Be a real biyatch if the NFL flexed a game and that ended up coming back to haunt us, draft wise.


Yep, it was flexed, and yep, it could hurt us draft-wise if the Browns beat Charlie Batch & The Backups. But I doubt the NFL was concerned about the Browns when they moved it.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby pup » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 pm

The games are at the same time. Unless Baltimore gets out to a 24-0 first quarter lead, you are going to see plenty of Pissburgh starters.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Derp, thought we were saying Baltimore/Cincy was at 1, and I was too lazy to look it up. That would have been devastating.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:Didn't the Steelers game get flexed out, too? I think it was originally supposed to be at 1, then moved to 4. Be a real biyatch if the NFL flexed a game and that ended up coming back to haunt us, draft wise.


They did flex the Bengals-Ravens too. That helps those concerned with draft status but I have to admit, I'm with Hiko. I'd take the win.


Ah, they did! I didn't notice that before.

Then the Steelers will be playing to win regardless.

It would kinda suck to have the Browns beat the Steelers only to have the Ravens win and make the loss mean nothing, but at least they would've beaten a playoff-bound Steeler team that was trying hard to win.

As much as I want RG3, not sure if I have it in me to root for the Browns to lose in this situation. I got pretzels in my head.

None of those early games really means much. Guess I'll watch Miami-Jets, hope that the Fins can knock Fatty McLoudmouth outta da playoffs.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Few thoughts...

Last night was a waste trying to watch RG3. That was a joke. It was NCAA video game on rookie.

Michael Floyd did not impress me at all. I watched we a few of my ND buddies and even they were disgusted. And talk about a program that has limited optimism. Their schedule next year is brutal and their QB situation sucks.

Regarding Oregon-Wisconsin, Wisconsin's defense sucks. When Oregon plays good defenses they can be neutralized but against Wisky, Wilson and Ball are going to have to play HUGE to keep them in it and in a position to win, IMO. We'll see though. I just see Oregon by double digits.

The RG3 comps that I see are Randall Cunningham and a young Steve Young. I just don't know what to make of him when you look at the limited defenses he saw this season. That's why the completion % can be so misleading. (ie. Colt McCoy)

I don't think it matters though because I don't see this administration taking Griffin. With what we know about them, be interested to hear any points otherwise to that point.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Cuz Bowl Games would get crushed by the NFL, and the NCAA knows it. They moved so they can get better ratings.

That's the soul of capitalism.


I'm kind of sick now..I don't want to watch this game..and I'm reduced to rooting against my team.

I think I'll be watching the twilight zone marathon instead until this games over.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:Didn't the Steelers game get flexed out, too? I think it was originally supposed to be at 1, then moved to 4. Be a real biyatch if the NFL flexed a game and that ended up coming back to haunt us, draft wise.


They did flex the Bengals-Ravens too. That helps those concerned with draft status but I have to admit, I'm with Hiko. I'd take the win.


Kind of surprises me.

I can't sit there and watch necessarily every play and hope we lose to the inbred, but I can easily watch some other game and be glad when the final score shows a loss.

Still, in the end I truly, truly do not want to win this game.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:Didn't the Steelers game get flexed out, too? I think it was originally supposed to be at 1, then moved to 4. Be a real biyatch if the NFL flexed a game and that ended up coming back to haunt us, draft wise.


They did flex the Bengals-Ravens too. That helps those concerned with draft status but I have to admit, I'm with Hiko. I'd take the win.


Kind of surprises me.

I can't sit there and watch necessarily every play and hope we lose to the inbred, but I can easily watch some other game and be glad when the final score shows a loss.

Still, in the end I truly, truly do not want to win this game.


I hear ya. But if the Browns were to blow their draft slot by winning, this would be the one I chose.

Win or lose, I think the Browns fans should celebrate by each tackling some kid wearing a Steelers jersey.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 pm

only way you convince me a win would be worth it, would be if Ben R. was hurt so bad he wouldn't be able to play another down for the playoffs, and that if James Harrison was taken out of football for good.

on the flipside, who am I to root for the Rats/Bengals game?..god..this sucks.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Triple-S wrote:only way you convince me a win would be worth it, would be if Ben R. was hurt so bad he wouldn't be able to play another down for the playoffs, and that if James Harrison was taken out of football for good.

on the flipside, who am I to root for the Rats/Bengals game?..god..this sucks.


You can get that in a loss, too. Win or lose, I want POS taken out in a stretcher.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I hear ya. But if the Browns were to blow their draft slot by winning, this would be the one I chose.

Win or lose, I think the Browns fans should celebrate by each tackling some kid wearing a Steelers jersey.


I agree with all of this.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:only way you convince me a win would be worth it, would be if Ben R. was hurt so bad he wouldn't be able to play another down for the playoffs, and that if James Harrison was taken out of football for good.

on the flipside, who am I to root for the Rats/Bengals game?..god..this sucks.


You can get that in a loss, too. Win or lose, I want POS taken out in a stretcher.


I want Harrison gone too.

I don't care who does it, I don't care how bad were losing or how "Classless" it looks. Who ever does it will never have to buy another beer again so long as they live.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Draft position doesn't matter to any great degree for me. Gonna get two needed pieces or trading those 2 firsts plus whatever else to move up anyway, and those two firsts + are better than anyone else can pieces together, even the Bengals with their 2 firsts.

Even if they somehow win.

As pessimistic as I get, I can't root for any of these teams to lose. Not the Browns, Cavs or Indians.

YMMV
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't think that pessimism is at the root of a fans wanting the browns to lose out though Peek.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:44 pm

noles1 wrote:Few thoughts...

Last night was a waste trying to watch RG3. That was a joke. It was NCAA video game on rookie.

Michael Floyd did not impress me at all. I watched we a few of my ND buddies and even they were disgusted. And talk about a program that has limited optimism. Their schedule next year is brutal and their QB situation sucks.

Regarding Oregon-Wisconsin, Wisconsin's defense sucks. When Oregon plays good defenses they can be neutralized but against Wisky, Wilson and Ball are going to have to play HUGE to keep them in it and in a position to win, IMO. We'll see though. I just see Oregon by double digits.

The RG3 comps that I see are Randall Cunningham and a young Steve Young. I just don't know what to make of him when you look at the limited defenses he saw this season. That's why the completion % can be so misleading. (ie. Colt McCoy)

I don't think it matters though because I don't see this administration taking Griffin. With what we know about them, be interested to hear any points otherwise to that point.


I think Noles brings up a very valid point.

What makes people so sure the arrogant fat bastard sees RG3 as fitting into his "system."

I'm tellin' ya, that's a pretty big concern ILO. God Damn Holmgren will take someone else and call you ridiculous for even thinking about recommending otherwise.

Call me when the Browns have the first pick in the owner draft.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6583
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:Draft position doesn't matter to any great degree for me. Gonna get two needed pieces or trading those 2 firsts plus whatever else to move up anyway, and those two firsts + are better than anyone else can pieces together, even the Bengals with their 2 firsts.

Even if they somehow win.

As pessimistic as I get, I can't root for any of these teams to lose. Not the Browns, Cavs or Indians.

YMMV


Also, FWIW, if the Browns ended up with the #3, thier 1st and 2nd round picks would outvalue anything anyone else can offer this year. In the old system, the dif between the #3 and #7 was worth the value of a bottom 3rd first rounder.

Its a pretty big deal whether the Browns are drafting 3rd or 7th.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm a big Jags fan this weekend just because I think if the Colts who seem to really be playing for Manning can pull out a W, STL puts that #1 pick in a whole different perspective.

With what they have with Bradford money-wise, their needs you just have to think they'd be willing to listen to #1 offers.

Mind you, Holmgren also tried fairly hard to trade up for Bradford so there is a willingness to explore those type of moves. At least gives us something else to bullshit and pine about, albeit probably very remote of a possibility.


Go Colts and go Joe Webb...

FYI, I'm not even bothering to discuss the Browns chances. We are dreaming if we think that is even remotely winnable come Sunday afternoon.
Last edited by noles1 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm

leadpipe wrote:What makes people so sure the arrogant fat bastard sees RG3 as fitting into his "system."

I'm tellin' ya, that's a pretty big concern ILO. God Damn Holmgren will take someone else and call you ridiculous for even thinking about recommending otherwise.

Call me when the Browns have the first pick in the owner draft.


We don't. But we want them to have the opportunity. If they don't have the opportunity, then there's 0% chance of getting RG3. I don't know what the chance is if they DO have the opportunity, but it's higher than 0.

Plus, if they have the opportunity to take him and don't, then that's probably all the quicker he'll be gone because Cleveland will lose its collective mind.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
leadpipe wrote:What makes people so sure the arrogant fat bastard sees RG3 as fitting into his "system."

I'm tellin' ya, that's a pretty big concern ILO. God Damn Holmgren will take someone else and call you ridiculous for even thinking about recommending otherwise.

Call me when the Browns have the first pick in the owner draft.


We don't. But we want them to have the opportunity. If they don't have the opportunity, then there's 0% chance of getting RG3. I don't know what the chance is if they DO have the opportunity, but it's higher than 0.

Plus, if they have the opportunity to take him and don't, then that's probably all the quicker he'll be gone because Cleveland will lose its collective mind.


Yah, Cleveland will lose its collective minds, but Lerner will be playing tennis in the Hamptons on draft day, so we'll be losin' em for no reason.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6583
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
leadpipe wrote:What makes people so sure the arrogant fat bastard sees RG3 as fitting into his "system."

I'm tellin' ya, that's a pretty big concern ILO. God Damn Holmgren will take someone else and call you ridiculous for even thinking about recommending otherwise.

Call me when the Browns have the first pick in the owner draft.


We don't. But we want them to have the opportunity. If they don't have the opportunity, then there's 0% chance of getting RG3. I don't know what the chance is if they DO have the opportunity, but it's higher than 0.

Plus, if they have the opportunity to take him and don't, then that's probably all the quicker he'll be gone because Cleveland will lose its collective mind.


Yah, Cleveland will lose its collective minds, but Lerner will be playing tennis in the Hamptons on draft day, so we'll be losin' em for no reason.


Oh, I don't expect Randy to do anything.

But Holmgren will notice, and there's always a chance he gets pissed and takes his ball and goes home. You've probably noticed that he doesn't take criticism well, and if he feels like he was doing us a favor in the first place by coming here...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 pm

This will be a win-win Sunday for Browns fans that think like me.

Browns beat the Steelers. YEAH, MAN!

Browns lose to the Steelers, they get a higher draft choice. Plus, we're expecting them to lose, anyway, right? YEAH, MAN!

Win-win.
jerryroche
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

JCoz wrote:I don't think that pessimism is at the root of a fans wanting the browns to lose out though Peek.


No. But I'm a pessimist and you'd probably expect those folks to want the Browns to lose. But I don't.

They're in good shape draft position-wise, I have faith in Heckert (today), there are zero guarantees with any draft pick and I am absolutely certain a win over Pittsburgh always elates me.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:42 am

peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:I don't think that pessimism is at the root of a fans wanting the browns to lose out though Peek.


No. But I'm a pessimist and you'd probably expect those folks to want the Browns to lose. But I don't.

They're in good shape draft position-wise, I have faith in Heckert (today), there are zero guarantees with any draft pick and I am absolutely certain a win over Pittsburgh always elates me.


SD:

Oberle told me the reason he practiced pessimism is so he always had the chance to be pleasantly surprised .

Instead of worrying about whuppin the Sheelers in a meaningless game , think of whuppin that azz repeatedly for the next decade like they abuse us now .

That will really put a smile on your face and warm your cockles.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:55 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:Oberle told me the reason he practiced pessimism is so he always had the chance to be pleasantly surprised .


Funny

Kind of reminds me of the saying that money can't buy happiness- but it's a nice down payment.
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:42 pm

THis is the only game I have seen Griffin play besides seeing highlights which to me does not hold much weight.

I was not really impressed with this kid. I did not see him stand in the pocket and throw the ball. He was always dancing around and throwing off his one leg. Even when he did have time. He is not as big of a guy as I thought. I don't see him being able to run around like he does without taking a beating. Much like Mike Vick and much like Mike Vick I think this kid might be fun to watch from time to time but he is never going to lead a team to a title or consistently to the playoffs.

I hope the Browns pass on him and pray they don't do something stupid like trade up for him
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 am

Well, it's a ridiculous to judge the kid on that game just as it's ridiculous to judge him games you didn't actually see when he built that rep. He'll be put through the meat grinder in the next 5 months.

I think his stock took a slight hit last week but there's plenty of time for the evaluation to actually take place by actual evaluators.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:42 pm

I just don't see him being even as good as Vick has been and I don't think much of Vick. He should be kicking Newton's feet for the season he just had because that has helped him stock more then anything. Now everyone is thinking he is the next Cam Netwon instead of a number of other athletic black Qb's who can run fast and have a solid arm who have been busts.
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 pm

You sir are an idiot. A baffoon even.

You should put down your keyboard and just walk away before another random stupid statement grouping all African American QBs together comes out of your keyboard.

You haven't watched the kid play, you know nothing of his game (YOU WATCHED HIM PLAY UW, CHRIST ON A STICK) and you are getting close to spewing something you cannot take back.

WAR: RGIII CAN ONLY BE COMPARED TO VICK AND NEWTON!

I fucking hate society because of intellectually void cunts like you.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:48 pm

And yes, cunt was the nicest thing I could think of to call you. Carry on fuck.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:I just don't see him being even as good as Vick has been and I don't think much of Vick. He should be kicking Newton's feet for the season he just had because that has helped him stock more then anything. Now everyone is thinking he is the next Cam Netwon instead of a number of other athletic black Qb's who can run fast and have a solid arm who have been busts.



Have you actually seen him play more than 1 game this season? He's much more than what you think he is.

Funny how a QB who can run and sling it is compared to Vick or Newton but you ignore someone like Steve Young who was one of the first "running" QB's
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Cleveland Matt wrote:I just don't see him being even as good as Vick has been and I don't think much of Vick. He should be kicking Newton's feet for the season he just had because that has helped him stock more then anything. Now everyone is thinking he is the next Cam Netwon instead of a number of other athletic black Qb's who can run fast and have a solid arm who have been busts.



Have you actually seen him play more than 1 game this season? He's much more than what you think he is.

Funny how a QB who can run and sling it is compared to Vick or Newton but you ignore someone like Steve Young who was one of the first "running" QB's


Most are going to stereotype Griffin as a clone of Michael Vick, but Griffin is much better at throwing the ball in the pocket. If we're ever going to see another Steve Young in the NFL, it could be Griffin.


http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/10/ ... pect-notes
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

The biggest knock on looking at the scouting reports is:

Not asked to go through many progressions and reads. Often because of the 'McCoy Factor' where his first looks are wide open guys.

Mechanics: Tendency to 'wind up' on throws and lengthening the release.

Size- 6'2" ?? Maybe. Never going to overcome that although those reports also say he doesn't get many balls knocked down.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't care who's he comparable to.

as long as he can win us ball games and stop us from sucking I'll take whomever I can get.

sick of wasting my sundays watching shit football.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I hope RGIII is already working on throwing that 4 yard out that has to travel 25 yards in the air. They use it regardless of down, distance and whether the DB is sitting on it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Plain and simple Griffin will never be Steve Young. I just think the kid will be a bust. I hope I am wrong because I want the Browns to finally get to 500 at least. Yes he is a black Qb and well yes I am going to compare him to other black Qb's. We don't compare Mannings, Brees, or Brady to Warren Moon who put up big passing numbers no we compare them to Farve, Marino, Montana.

So you can get off your high horse at any point you potty mouth


Either way the Browns are not close to getting in the playoffs and no QB is going to help this team right now. We can't even win a division game.
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:Plain and simple Griffin will never be Steve Young. I just think the kid will be a bust. I hope I am wrong because I want the Browns to finally get to 500 at least. Yes he is a black Qb and well yes I am going to compare him to other black Qb's. We don't compare Mannings, Brees, or Brady to Warren Moon who put up big passing numbers no we compare them to Farve, Marino, Montana.

So you can get off your high horse at any point you potty mouth


Either way the Browns are not close to getting in the playoffs and no QB is going to help this team right now. We can't even win a division game.


SD:

I dunno when I think of worse QB's than McCoy who played for the Browns how come I can come up with Spurgeon Wynn without first thinking about his color .

Of course if you look at Colt and can only come up with who was worse and not really enter him in the discussion with the better QB's in Browns history then things aren't progressing in the right direction.

You offer no analysis on RG3 or the Browns just prejudiced ignorance which makes you an asshole .

Fear mongering fool , we lost 11 games what are you afraid of .


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm W/SD on this.

wow..how times have changed.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I said in my posts above, He does not seem to have the ability to just stand in the pocket and complete a pass to me, that is just my opinion. He always seems to be dancing around like he has happy feet if there is pressure or not. He throws off balance most of the time I seen, he has a good arm which makes up for that in college but guys int he NFL are better and faster. Listen black or white I just don't think he will be what everyone thinks he will be in the NFL.

I have also said that I think Holmgren's ego is too big to take a QB that high. It would be an insult to him to draft a QB that high when he can find a gem in the later rounds. That is what he did with Colt and that is what he will do again.

I also said if Griffin is there at #4 and we take him it is better then having to trade up for him.
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:Plain and simple Griffin will never be Steve Young. I just think the kid will be a bust. I hope I am wrong because I want the Browns to finally get to 500 at least. Yes he is a black Qb and well yes I am going to compare him to other black Qb's. We don't compare Mannings, Brees, or Brady to Warren Moon who put up big passing numbers no we compare them to Farve, Marino, Montana.


Is this for real? Because I'm pretty sure you just said that we compare Manning, Brees, and Brady to Farve, Marino, and Montana because they are white...and this is the right thing to do.

You're right that we don't compare those guys to Moon. Idiots don't compare them to Moon because they are different color. Non-idiots don't compare them to Moon because their games are completely different.

Just likeq RG3s game is completely different for Newtons, despite the fact that they are both Black.

People who know QBs a he'll of a lot better than me (and I suspect you) think that his best comp is Steve Young. From what ive seen of him I think this is a good comp. You want to throw that out the window based on 1 game that you saw him play (that everyone says was not a very good representation of his game) and the color of his skin.

Frankly, from your post I can only draw this conclusion: You're either a racist, a moron, or both. With what you just wrote in don't know what else any of us can think.

I mean, Holy Hell dude, go back and read what you wrote.
Last edited by motherscratcher on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cleveland Matt wrote:Plain and simple Griffin will never be Steve Young. I just think the kid will be a bust. I hope I am wrong because I want the Browns to finally get to 500 at least. Yes he is a black Qb and well yes I am going to compare him to other black Qb's. We don't compare Mannings, Brees, or Brady to Warren Moon who put up big passing numbers no we compare them to Farve, Marino, Montana.


Is this for real? Because I'm pretty sure you just said that we compare Manning, Brees, and Brady to Farve, Marino, and Montana because they are white...and this is the right thing to do.

You're right that we don't compare those guys to Moon. Idiots don't compare them to Moon because they are different color. Non-idiots don't compare them to Moon because they're games are completely different.

Just likeq RG3s game is completely different for Newtons, despite the fact that they are both Black.

People who know QBs a he'll of a lot better than me (and I suspect you) think that his best comp is Steve Young. From what ive seen of him I think this is a good comp. You want to throw that out the window based on 1 game that you saw him play (that everyone says was not a very good representation of his game) and the color of his skin.

Frankly, from your post I can only draw this conclusion: You're either a racist, a moron, or both. With what you just wrote in don't know what else any of us can think.

I mean, Holy Hell dude, go back and read what you wrote.


Well, if you only watch a guy once, about the only GD thing you're going to pick up is color, so I'll give em' that.

Now, analyzing a guy and telling us he's going to be unsuccessful in the future based on one look is what I'd call classic idiocy, which unfortunately is quite common on these here boards.

Carry on, this one has archive potential.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6583
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:58 pm

C'mon guys, ease up.

You wouldn't compare RG3 and Michael Phelps, would you? Because clearly...
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6445
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby pup » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:00 pm

You know, now that I think of it, that Brian Robiskie reminds of a lot of Jerry Rice. Not sure what it is...
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 pm

I honestly I can less what any of you think of me. You all can pump up your computer muscles and name call and say whatever you want. I stand by what I said In the one game I seen he did not impress me plain and simple. I think he will not be a good QB in the NFL maybe he can be Mike Vick at best and Mike Vick is only fun to watch he does not win. Griffin is more atheletic then most white Qb's so yeah I am going to compare him to more atheletic running QB's who happen to be black. Live with it.

I have not seen one thing write about Griffin that compares him to Steve Young. Again which he will never be.
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:15 pm

FTR, who can I compare Sanchez to?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 pm

motherscratcher wrote:FTR, who can I compare Sanchez to?


Tony Romo.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:17 pm

A bag of taco's?
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:I have not seen one thing write about Griffin that compares him to Steve Young. Again which he will never be.


I referenced it above and provided a link.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: All eyes on Baylor tonight

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I seen thank you, I will say this I really liked that Wright kid at WR for Baylor. I am not sure the Browns would be smart enough to try and pair the two together.
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests