Text Size

No Holds Barred

Politics is wonderful

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Politics is wonderful

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 pm

http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-news ... wrong-way/

The first thing South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley wants people to hear when they call a state agency is a cheery “It’s a great day in South Carolina! How may I help you?”

That mandated greeting is rubbing a pair of Democratic lawmakers the wrong way. They have proposed doing away with the governor’s script as long as certain economic factors hold true.

Read the rest.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Politics is wonderful

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 am

Are you voting for Ron Paul?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 am

I bookmarked that blog. Spot fucking on...... and I love Vice magazine.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:56 am

The fact Ron Paul still has a chance in Iowa, this close to Iowa, just tells you how F'd the Republicans are.

Obama a -130 favorite to win next fall right now on my online book. I'll be cheering against the wager, but I just unloaded on Obama.

Economy will continue to slowly and painfully improve these next 9 months, to the point where Obama can fool the populace into letting him finish the job. With a weak opponent and his communication skills, should be a relatively easy re-election win for him.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:59 am

Current odds for the Island of Misfit Toys:

11:00p2012 US Presidential Election - Republican Nominee
All wagers have action, others on request

Mitt Romney
4/9

Newt Gingrich
11/2

Ron Paul
8/1

Jon Hunstman
16/1

Rick Perry
25/1

Michele Bachmann
40/1

Rick Santorum
50/1
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 am

Paul might win Iowa and he'll probably have a strong showing in NH. But he's got no shot at the nomination, despite his fanatical YouTube supporters' assertions. (apparently if he loses it will be because of the "Zionists")

I'm in awe of Newt's colossal arrogance. It's going to cost him the nomination, people are going to get sick of it. Book it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Bwah...betting on politics is like betting on the coin toss or who will score first
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Paul might win Iowa and he'll probably have a strong showing in NH. But he's got no shot at the nomination, despite his fanatical YouTube supporters' assertions. (apparently if he loses it will be because of the "Zionists")

I'm in awe of Newt's colossal arrogance. It's going to cost him the nomination, people are going to get sick of it. Book it.

Yeah that ^^^^^^

Newts the smartest guy in the bunch including Obama...his problem is he knows it

Romney will win the nomination and beat Obama, because he's not Obama

A few jobs at 50% of past salaries isn't going to save his ass and there's not a small business man in America worth his salt that will cast a vote for the current Fool in Chief/Wall Street Lackey/Union dick suking Piece of Shit

Romney just needs to be ruthless and pound Fast & Ignorant, Sloyndra, and a bunch of other well known administration ignorance that has happened under this moron's watch, into the public conciousness
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:41 pm

It's a long time till November, but today's Rasmussen poll of likely voters is Romney 45% to Obama 39%.

Like FMB says, as long as the campaign is about Obama (and Holder/Pelosi/Reid) and not so much about Romney, Romney should be in good shape.

It will come down to PA and Ohio, and unfortunately, Kasich's mishandling of SB5/Issue 2 may result in OH being a toss-up, when it shouldn't be one.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Gingrich and Romney have the same problem, the base doesn't really care for either of them. Newt's record speaks volumes about his nature, he's the constant hypocrite both in politics and personal life. He can play the "smartest guy in the room" card all he wants, it doesn't make it so. His historian claims are laughable at best.

Romney is an empty suit paid for by big money. A shill of unimaginable magnitude. Mr. 2nd Place, the prodigal cardboard son. He's the kinda guy that swooped in, bought up struggling companies, fired everyone and put that feather in his "job creator" cap.

Obama is going to win because he can point at the Republican party and call them "the party of obstructionism" and it be totally true. He needs to pound that point over and over. The Republicans did noting to help anyone but their rich friends, they stood in the way of everything then cried about him not being bipartisan enough. He needs to call Republicans the lying cowards they are. I would play that hilarious clip of Mitch "why do I look like a goblin" McConnell talking about how taking away food stamps and unemployment insurance from millionaires was his shitstain party's idea of getting "tough" on the rich..... play that clip... on 24 hour loop, it's great insight into the gutless nature of the Republicans.

IMO this election means nothing. It's two sides of the same rotten coin. We will never have a government that represents us until we get the money out of politics and call lobbying by it's real name...... Bribery.

Fuck 'em all.

Kasich's mishandling of SB5/Issue 2 may result in OH being a toss-up, when it shouldn't be one.

No. It should be a toss up. It always will be when 2 of the 3 major metro areas are primarily Democrats. Kasich is a fool for trying what he did, and he got smacked in the mouth for it like the bitch he is. He should be recalled and chased out of the state like a mad dog.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 am

This is pimp from Huntsman:

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

Ohio Sec of State Jon Husted said on Facebook today that Politico is reporting that Romney's VP choice, if given the nomination, would be Ohio Senator Rob Portman.

Not sure how that would affect Romney's chances of winning Ohio, seeing how most non-partisan people in Ohio hate Republicans thanks to SB5, but it's an interesting choice. Not well known Midwesterner who probably won't help Romney get Southerners to come out and vote.

GOP's fucked in 2012. Just waiting to load up for 2016 with Rubio and Jindal.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 am

Politics are wonderful.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Ohio Sec of State Jon Husted said on Facebook today that Politico is reporting that Romney's VP choice, if given the nomination, would be Ohio Senator Rob Portman.

Not sure how that would affect Romney's chances of winning Ohio, seeing how most non-partisan people in Ohio hate Republicans thanks to SB5, but it's an interesting choice. Not well known Midwesterner who probably won't help Romney get Southerners to come out and vote.

GOP's fucked in 2012. Just waiting to load up for 2016 with Rubio and Jindal.

Heh, GOP supporters are still hoping Jindal can save them. Man, this could be 30 years of hype by the time the guy does anything.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Heh, GOP supporters are still hoping Jindal can save them. Man, this could be 30 years of hype by the time the guy does anything.

The Great Brown Hype?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Rob Portman is pretty much retarded. And I LOVE people still pimping Jindal and Rubio, they're both losers and stupid meat-puppets.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm also officially sick of hearing right wing asshats whine and prattle about protecting the "job creators". Hah! What a joke that is, how many more tax breaks and tax payer paid government favors do you need to actually put your money where you bitch ass mouths are and create some fucking jobs?

Most of these "people" are greedy liars that deserve nothing better than a good curb stomping.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm just sick of Iowa.

That state blows.

2 good things came from that place.

1. Field of Dreams
2. AC Slater telling his dad "I wanna go to IOOOOO-WAAAA"

That's it as far as I'm concerned.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:44 pm

noles1 wrote:I'm just sick of Iowa.

That state blows.

2 good things came from that place.

1. Field of Dreams
2. AC Slater telling his dad "I wanna go to IOOOOO-WAAAA"

That's it as far as I'm concerned.

No love for the corn?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Nah, Illinois produces almost just as much and that shit has minimal absorption compared to other grains and the fatty acids profile is shitty.

Fuck Iowa.

Plus I bet against their football team tonight too.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:00 am

You seem to know a lot about corn. Ohio sweetcorn FTW.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:01 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm also officially sick of hearing right wing asshats whine and prattle about protecting the "job creators". Hah! What a joke that is, how many more tax breaks and tax payer paid government favors do you need to actually put your money where you bitch ass mouths are and create some fucking jobs?

Most of these "people" are greedy liars that deserve nothing better than a good curb stomping.

Heard something this week about an Ohio state official making an unhappy comment on how 60% of the businesses receiving federal/state funds/rewards for job creation promises/projects all fell short of creating half the jobs they claimed they would. They got all the money promised to them though.

Fuck everybody.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 am

Another thing I hate about right wing cum guzzlers, their ideas and their lives. Bunch of pussies should meet the business end of a sustainable glock.

Trying to POISON OUR WATER WITH THEIR PIPELINE! Fucking unemployement creates more jobs then these fatcat Republicans. The only jobs being created are white collar tax cheat accountants. Should drag their asses through the streets like they did Hypatia of Alexndria. Fucking Pegans.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 am

Pegans?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 am

Sourced corn syrup for a couple years.

Been thru that state too damn much for my own liking.

Some of this is tongue-in-cheek but for the most part I'm utterly tired of this idiot Iowa-ans that just won't make up their mind and conduct their shitty little caucus.

I really don't care who the hell wins or the political side of it, I'm fed up with Iowa.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 am

47% of the people that work of Walmart are on food stamps, receive Medicaid, or have subsidized housing. We pay for what the scumbag Walton family won't though fair pay and benefits.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Pegans?

Meant pagans. Man the Ny-Quil has fully kicked in, bout to start robotrippin', cut me some shlack.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 am

Ahh yes, purple drank. (i think).
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 am

Orenthal wrote:

Meant pagans. Man the Ny-Quil has fully kicked in, bout to start robotrippin', cut me some shlack.

Ha you got nothin, I'm on cough syrup with Codine, Claratin, Comtrex and have Nyquil to chase it all down. I should go for a drive.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:28 am

FUDU wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Ha you got nothin, I'm on cough syrup with Codine, Claratin, Comtrex and have Nyquil to chase it all down. I should go for a drive.

Make sure you don't wear a seatbelt. Fucking hippie commie Democrats want you to believe you're safe. Don't buy the bullshit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:01 am

FUDU wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

That sounds sublime. Just one percocet and you'd float away to Superfluffy Awesomeland.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 pm

I have plenty of Xanax too, but why waste the good stuff when you got some cheap hooch that will f u up.

Is it sexist to accept a police state, but loathe a nanny state?
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

That sounds sublime. Just one percocet and you'd float away to Superfluffy Awesomeland.

I have Vicodin and a lot of strong Acetaminophen too. Also have Diazepam (muscle relaxer), and I will probably drink tonight. Tonight is definitely the night I should drive, I'll probably be invisible so no way I could get into trouble.

Peeker if there's anything you ever wanted to say to me before I die you might want to do it today.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Orenthal wrote:I have plenty of Xanax too, but why waste the good stuff when you got some cheap hooch that will f u up.

Is it sexist to accept a police state, but loathe a nanny state?

Xanax is the good stuff?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:40 am

There is better, but I'm not much for going any further. I have/had epilepsy so I've been through quite a few including diazepam (Valium), carbamazepine (Tegretol), and phenytoin (Dilantin).

Your more then welcome to stick to herb and beer.
Orenthal

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Are you voting for Ron Paul?

If I do vote, it will probably be for Gary Johnson, who I believe will get the Libertarian nomination. I've mentioned his name here before, and he has the best track record of anyone in both parties, but unfortunately zero name recognition.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:32 pm

^He wasn't very accurate on his McDonald's calorie counts when he appeared on RedEye. Lost my vote.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
Orenthal

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Orenthal wrote:^He wasn't very accurate on his McDonald's calorie counts when he appeared on RedEye. Lost my vote.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Hilarious. I actually had to work to figure out what you were talking about. Plus, it made me LOL.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah, I've been told I am hard to decode and that I cannot communicate effectively. Maybe a link would have helped, but I'm also lazy.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:04 pm

RON PAUL 2012! FREE LIBERTY FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE THE PRIVATE SECTOR WILL MONITOR THEMSELVES!

Be a patriot, kick a politician in the balls.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:09 pm

ALL HAIL VERMIN SUPREME!!!

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself