Text Size

College Sports Arena

Consolidated 2012 Recruiting Post

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Consolidated Recruiting Post

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am

Truth: being bald exposes the brain to more radioactive rays emitting from the sun, making the bald man in question a function asshat.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh Boy! We're HERE again!!!

Am I being unfair or singling anyone out in this thread? I'm not trying to. AM I way out of line on what I'm saying?

If I am I will apologize directly.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Truth: being bald exposes the brain to more radioactive rays emitting from the sun, making the bald man in question a function asshat.

I'm not bald- that implies natural loss of hair.

I shave my head- that implies free choice and awareness of the dangers that having no hair presents.

I chose to throw caution to the wind (and sun and cold and rain). Mostly because I didn't find life dangerous enough.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh Boy! We're HERE again!!!

Am I being unfair or singling anyone out in this thread? I'm not trying to. AM I way out of line on what I'm saying?

If I am I will apologize directly.

Less about you, just that every single word typed by every single person taking part in this argument has been typed by those people about 55 times now.

Rinse, lather and repeat. It's this board's DOLANZ CHEEP!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Sorry if I am over-sensitive about stuff like this. I've never pretended to be anything but a Buckeye homer, but that doesn't mean I am unable to step back and be intellectually consistent in looking at, and reporting on facts.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

@KyleRowland Melvin Fellows and Scott McVey applied for medical hardships.

Obviously knew this was coming, but still...
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby furls » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:06 pm

My only comment re: this SEC cheating thing vs. the OSU cheating thing is this (and it is actually a question); why is it that when Pryor is driving around in a 4 year old car worth 17K does the entire media feed the circus in columbus, but when Trent Richardson is driving around in his $$ Ride (or Julio Jones is wearing one of his 20ish $2K suits or multiple clemson players over multiple years post pictures of themselves posing with tens of thousands of dollars) why doesn't anyone seem to care? I am not trying to whine and complain about it (although I am sure it will come off that way); I just genuinely want to know why no one looks into that.

FWIW, all of Jones' suits came from a suit shop in Tuscaloosa that illegally (by NCAA rules) had signed memoribilia of current Alabama players (including Jones) displayed by the booster-owner. Strange stuff, and I find it interesting that no one is really looking into that.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm

As predicted/expected Graham has asked and been granted a transfer release.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... to-hawaii/
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 am

good luck to him. Congrats to tOSU for gaining another schollie spot.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby neoleo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 am

Rumors popping up everywhere that Kalis is looking to visit OSU. No way can this be true, can it?

Also reading rumors that Griffin is coming off scholarship, and Hagen and Crowell could be medical waivers as well. All three things were easily speculated by message board fans as things that could/should happen, interested to see if these rumors are more than just that.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:33 am

I'd say no on the Kalis rumors having legs, and Griffin I believe was always a flexible ship that would only be there when there was room, as I believe he was going to walk on originally and JT gave him the ship because at the time there was room.

I haven't heard anything solid on Hagan and Crowell, but those would be the first ones that are "new" spaces, as anything so far has been expected for some time now.
Last edited by JCoz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:37 pm

neoleo wrote:Rumors popping up everywhere that Kalis is looking to visit OSU. No way can this be true, can it?

What we heard soon after Meyer got the job was that he offered Kalis a chance to visit, and was turned down. Now these rumors are popping up that he may be looking at taking other visits, but nothing about a visit to OSU. If Meyer could give the kid a face-saving way to switch, more power to him, but that bridge may be burned. Even if Kalis never amounted to anything, it would be worth getting him just to see the meltdown in Ann Arbor over it.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 pm

The origin of the Kalis rumors is a guy Grad21 on Buckeye Planet in the "rumor mill." Grad21 is a good poster with good information, if he was really confident it would not be in the rumor mill, but there could be some legs on this just based on the guy from where it originated.

Honestly, this sounds like sour grapes I know, but I really don't want the kid, and not just because he is a "traitor." That part is annoying, but I could get over it. I don't want him because I really don't think he is a tackle in a BCS conference for a championship caliber team.

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/9 ... ohio-state

Kalis is a good run blocker, but he will struggle mightily with pass pro against speedy guys. He plays well right now because he plays low, plays with good leverage and is very strong. He will struggle at the NCAA level because his lateral movement and footwork are average (below average for an elite prospect), his length is below average (he is "just" 6-4' to 6-5' but does not have long arms). When you watch his "highlights" he lets players to get to far into him because of his lack of length, it is OK when you are in HS and you are 6'4 and 300lbs and stronger than everyone else. It is quite another thing when you are in college and you are trying block guys like John Simon who play lower than you and are stronger than you (and quicker on the inside) and you are playing against guys like Spence, Washington and Pittman who nearly as strong as you are but are MUCH quicker. They will turn the corner on him. Kalis will be good enough against most teams, he will not be good enough against the nation's elite and that is the goal now.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

To be fair, supposedly Kalis never fully recovered from his injury this year and probably should have shut it down per Greene.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 pm

For all the reasons Furls mentions, some evaluators feel he's better suited to be a guard at the college level. I wouldn't mind seeing him inside, with Diamond, Norwell, Dodson and others at tackle.

No way do I blame him, or hold anything against him for going north in the midst of all the turmoil in Columbus this past year. I hear he was heavily influenced by his dad, who wanted to see him at Michigan. He's also supposedly good buddies with Strobel. If he stays up north, I'll look forward to seeing him get schooled by Spence and Washington and Pittman.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 pm

My sour grapes with Kalis is based entirely around his recommitting to Fickel like a week before he stabbed him in the back.

Just be up front (like Dunn was).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:12 pm

All the buzz around Diamond at the Semper Fi game is that he is tOSU's to lose. In his interviews he claims that he is still working on his decision, but I feel pretty confident that he ends up at tOSU. I would be surprised if ended up elsewhere (surprised but not shocked).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:To be fair, supposedly Kalis never fully recovered from his injury this year and probably should have shut it down per Greene.

No sale. he played and he was fine.

Meatchicken can have him. Furls is right. He's a BCS guard. May be a very good one. But he's scum for breaking his verbal and going to UM. Wisky? Fine. No blood no foul. But Meatchicken? Low blow.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:28 pm

He may play Tackle at scUM, and I am sure he will be competent 8-9 weeks per year, but when he faces guys like Mercilus he will be abused. He is a good player, and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL, but watch, it will be as a guard.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 pm

James Winston will visit in January per Greene meaning the Bucks are still in it.

And you never turn down the #1 QB prospect in the country (non-traditional pocket passer variety), no matter what.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:58 pm

If by in it you mean like Dumb and Dumber, then yes, they are still in it. Ill believe Winston's visit when it happens.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 pm

ESPN has Winston visiting now too, last visit before signing day. Could easily be canceled, but whatever.

More importantly with us now taking the lead recruiter (Hinton) and the OL Coach from ND Decker seems to be reopening his mind (all of his quotes are pretty much indicitive of this). Meyer wanted Decker (a player the old staff ignored and botched as bad as Thomas) and no might get a shot. Any two out of Decker, Diamond and Dodson with O'Connel at guard could be pretty awesome.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:28 pm

I agree Deckers wheels are turning now....still feel like he can be guilted into staying if that is the approach the ND staff that remains choses to take, but we have to be close to a coin flip now, as opposed to a .01% chance last week.
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:22 pm

I like Decker alot. I actually think I prefer him to Dodson and Diamond, just because I think he is more game ready. I think Diamond has the highest ceiling, but I think that Decker is most likely to be a solid contributor. He is a coachable, high character, hard working guy that I think will succeed even if he is slightly less athletic than Dodson and Diamond.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:25 pm

New LB slated to visit 1/27 per Greene http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p= ... id=5222489
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:New LB slated to visit 1/27 per Greene http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p= ... id=5222489

Any word why he soured on Tennessee?

"Santos" is definitely a bad guy's name.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

In the most recent all-star game pics he looks almost exactly like Bosworth.

And Tenn's D-cord and the LB coach both moved to U-Dub a couple days ago.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Image

You can see the turkey and stuffing on that kid from the holidays. Is he faster than Klein?
jb

Unread postby furls » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:23 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Image

You can see the turkey and stuffing on that kid from the holidays. Is he faster than Klein?

No, watched his highlights earlier today. He is a bigger version of Klein. Looks like a candidate to move to DT, I don't think he is fast enough to play DE.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

To be fair, Meyer has most certainly trotted out some slow Middle Linebackers. I mean didn't Spikes run like a 5.0 at the combine?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't know Spikes' time, but it was bad and he was slow. We already have slow LBs, why would we want to import more? I will say that Sabino looked pretty good against UF, maybe their is hope for him on the outside in a more traditional 4-3.

I really don't like tOSU's base nickel. I hate it. It is soooo passive.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Oh I don't expect a slow LB core. I just wouldn't be shocked to see a thumper in the middle if the instincts are great. Schegal (SP?) or Spikes style.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Instincts are good on Santos, and he reads plays well, he is just not the type of athlete I really wanted to see in tOSU's back seven. After this year's disaster at LB (caused in large part by a lack of athleticism at the LB position), I really wanted to see more Ryan Shazier and less Storm Klein so to speak.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 am

furls wrote:Instincts are good on Santos, and he reads plays well, he is just not the type of athlete I really wanted to see in tOSU's back seven. After this year's disaster at LB (caused in large part by a lack of athleticism at the LB position), I really wanted to see more Ryan Shazier and less Storm Klein so to speak.

+ 1
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

Again, I'm not saying I really want to recruit big high instinct level middle linebackers, I'm fairly indifferent.

I'm saying that both OSU and Meyer at Florida have a history of playing most instinctive guys at the position above all else. On Meyer that mean one position on the field could have less than insane speed, at OSU it was part of a bunch of slow LBs running around.

You guys are entitiled to your opinions, but I'm not even really sharing my opinion, just observing past behavior.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Taylor Decker is out. Reconfirmed his commitment to ND coaches. Blame this one on Bollman and past regime. Kid always wanted to be a Buckeye. They ignored him for a year.

Next.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:31 pm

danwismar wrote:Taylor Decker is out. Reconfirmed his commitment to ND coaches. Blame this one on Bollman and past regime. Kid always wanted to be a Buckeye. They ignored him for a year.

Next.

Just like Thomas... SMH
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:12 pm

You guys have anyone announcing tonight at the UA game?

Also, isn't Jameis Winston looking more and more like an early round mlb draft pick?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 pm

With Spence already committing no one left to announce. Although ESPN apparently isn't showing Spence's commitment and doesn't even show him considering OSU in his little blurb for the game broadcast.

Winston will end up picking between baseball and football.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

The big guys OSU is still in on all have officials coming up and don't even have offers yet (and won't pre-visit). Specifically Neal, Santos and O'Conner. The other OSU guy is Winston and we all know that situation.

Outside of those guys still waiting on Dodson and Diamond and their newfound Auburn fascination is OSU's biggest recruiting concern.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Oh and Cam Williams hosted Vrable recently, will take an official to PSU on the 13th then come back to OSU with his mom so she can meet Urban. Then he'll be deciding.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Spence looks amazing in this game. Has several sacks, a FF, a ton of very bad holds against him. He is excellent, better than I thought (and I thought he looked good).

Washington will play on Saturday in the AA game with Tommy Schutt.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Cam Williams hosted Vrable recently, will take an official to PSU on the 13th then come back to OSU with his mom so she can meet Urban. Then he'll be deciding.

Now that O'Brien is the guy things should move quickly and given he doesn't have a staff set and will continue to coach the Pats throughout the playoffs, I think we may have increased our chances quite a bit.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Section from a BN article today:

BTW, in case anyone didn't know, Baldwin has also moved to Tackle.

FTR, I would take Kalis in NY min. Kids are friggin stupid. Who cares what he said or that he believed Hokes pitch about penalties. Spielman wanted to commit to Michigan his parents made him go to OSU. And there was no scandal at OSU. I'll take an elite OL prospect any day.

A DESPERATE NEED FOR OFFENSIVE TACKLES

I've been accused in the past of being biased towards Ohio State --NO! SHOCKING! The People's Champion favors the Bucks? Mind. Boggling. -- so I feel the need to say it: not all is completely hunky dory in Buckeye recruiting land right now.

The potential of turning Decker could not come at a better time, because the one glaring hole in Urban's recent pillaging of elite recruits is the continued dearth of offensive tackles in this class. Sure, Kyle Dodson and Jordan Diamond visited in December and sure, we like our chances, but both players are still taking visits elsewhere with recent history of buying off recruits and neither will decide until close to National Signing Day. The only other O-Lineman visiting in January is Joey O'Connor, who most see more as a guard.

Things are so bad at the position that both Reid Fragel and Darryl Baldwin are apparently switching positions this spring to give us some badly needed depth on the outside. But even with both players switching positions, that still only leaves Ohio State with ten scholarship O-Linemen this spring. It also leaves one of the tackle positions in next year's lineup up for grabs between two recent position changes, enigmatic Marcus Hall (who might be a better guard) and any true freshmen we bring in. Thanks, Bollman.

How desperate is our need? Well, the Front Row last week was hit with the rumor that Buckeye boogeyman and thoroughly illogical Michigan commitment Kyle Kalis may be considering a January visit to Columbus. Now, while this is only a rumor, this is a recruitment that I firmly believe is not over, no matter what Kalis says.

This is a young man who was committed to Ohio State for months before Coach Tressel's resignation. Then, as we all know, he changed his mind and waffled for a few weeks before buying into Flounder Flintstone's ridiculous notion that Ohio State would get hit with a five year bowl ban and never bring in top recruits. He said as much when he switched his commitment. Remember his comments?

• "I can't go there (Ohio State) and take penalties for something I never did. I’m just not sure how long it will take them to recover." No, Kalis didn't do anything and he shouldn't be punished. But is there any question whatsoever that Ohio State is going to be gangbusters under Urban Meyer?

• I want a solid, grounded coaching staff with a safe environment. Where there aren't such tough questions." The only tough question left is whether Urban Meyer wins a National Championship in the next four years.

• "I want to face the best every day in practice." So where would Kalis be more challenged on a daily basis? At Ohio State against Se'Von Pittman, Noah Spence, Tommy Schutt and Adolphus Washington or at Michigan against Tom Strobel?

Here's what Kalis is probably asking himself today: "Can I really go back, even if I want to?" After all, even if Kalis decides to take another look at Ohio State, there are a lot of angry fans who remember his "Open Border" comment when he switched to Michigan. He's built up so much Michigan equity that he probably wonders if Buckeye fans would ever accept him. I know plenty of you reading this right now are probably thinking something along the lines of "#@#$&ing TRAITOR! We don’t want you!”

Looking forward to 2013, Brionte Dunn’s cousin Dymonte Thomas is probably thinking the same thing, but we have a lot more time left to get through to him. But despite the anger from fans at two Ohioans spurning the Buckeyes (for now, at least), let's be real here:

We accepted Justin Boren with open arms and he PLAYED AGAINST US TWICE! Plus, this class has kids who committed to Penn State, Michigan State and (hopefully soon) Wisconsin. That's how recruiting works. No one will care about things either Kalis or Thomas said in high school after they make their first appearance in Scarlet and Gray.

Plus, Ohio State's worst need right now in recruiting is at offensive tackle, where we still don't have a single commitment. Kalis (or any of the other tackles we're chasing) have to have taken a favorable look at our 2012 tackle depth chart? Here you go:

1) Andrew Norwell
2) Converted Tight End Reid Fragel
3) Converted Defensive End Darryl Baldwin
4) Nobody

While that terrifies fans like us, to top tackle recruits it screams, “Early Playing Time!” in neon lights. In short, of all the recruits who reconsidered Ohio State since Urban Meyer's arrival, the kid who theoretically should be at the top of the list is Kyle Kalis! Heck, with our tackle situation, fans that were cursing him and calling him a glorified guard six months ago will be back to calling him the next Mike Adams on Signing Day if he actually decides to come back from the brink.

And all those nice Michigan fans who make him feel so wanted right now? Well, Kyle should ask his buddy Brionte how that 'love' can turn into racial slurs overnight. You know Thomas saw every N-Bomb thrown his cousin’s way too. Way to stay classy, Michigan.

It is also important to remember that Kalis is a 17 year old (who, judging by his virtual anonymity since the summer, has been silenced to the press by his parents) that is in a tough family situation. His parents are divorced and around the time of his switch, the discussion centered on his father wanting him to visit Michigan and his stepfather subsequently calling in to a Cleveland radio station to admit that he and his wife were displeased with the decision.

Let me repeat that: His stepfather CALLED A SPORTS RADIO STATION to publically air his wife's disapproval. Remember the uproar that caused when it happened? There's a lot more going on here under the surface than people realize. In the end, does anyone doubt that all of these same points that I just made haven't been brought up with him by his mom and stepfather? Judging by his defiant comments on the All-Star circuit this week, most of his family apparently still want him to be a Buckeye and it hasn’t fallen on deaf ears.

Either way, these are only RUMORS around Kalis, but there's a lot of logic on board if he decided to visit. The other thing to remember is that even if he is reconsidering, this will be the most undercover visit in history after the way things went down in the spring. In the end, I don’t know what is fact or fiction in this kid’s case. We’ll find out in the next month if there is anything to these rumors when Signing Day rolls around.

I said it on yesterday's Front Row Radio: We need at least two tackles from the Decker/Dodson/Diamond/Kalis grouping in this class for our O-Line numbers to start getting back on track. Our need is desperate, but my rule of thumb still applies: NEVER bet against Urban Meyer, especially on a kid from Ohio.

Best bet is that we get Dodson and one of the other Ohioans. If not, O'Connor is a strong back up plan. There's another fresh breath of air in January: When our plan A options don't work out, we have a fall back in place to ensure we still get four linemen in this class! I wish that policy had been in place during the days when Seantrel Henderson’s wannabe rapper dad took up 83 percent of the Front Row conversation and we were left with exactly one lineman on Signing Day.

I think Buckeye Nation has a great deal of faith in Urban Meyer and his new staff. I said it two weeks ago: This will be a top five class THIS YEAR and I fully expect a pair of great offensive tackles to be a part of it.

Man, do we ever need them.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 pm

That's a lot of words to say "yeah, there are a lot of internet rumors around Kalis"

And I don't know how any OSU fan could hold a grudge against Thomas, Fickel's staff fucked that one up, not Thomas.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Thomas?
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That's a lot of words to say "yeah, there are a lot of internet rumors around Kalis"

Screw him. I'd rather see the Spurrier 3 man O line used as base O for 2 seasons before seeing that flip-flopping traitor in Ohio.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm

JCoz wrote:Thomas?

Dymonte (SP?). You know, the guy that will be a five star next year, whose cousin was committed to OSU and who grew up a huge OSU fan? You know, the guy that begged Fickel to offer him so he could accept and be done with it? OSU dragged their feet and now he is verbaled to scUM. Granted Meyer has a whole year to work on him (and for fucks sake we still hadn't offered him until Meyer came on board) but this situation is beyond stupid.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
JCoz wrote:Thomas?

Dymonte (SP?). You know, the guy that will be a five star next year, whose cousin was committed to OSU and who grew up a huge OSU fan? You know, the guy that begged Fickel to offer him so he could accept and be done with it? OSU dragged their feet and now he is verbaled to scUM. Granted Meyer has a whole year to work on him (and for fucks sake we still hadn't offered him until Meyer came on board) but this situation is beyond stupid.

Sorry I was all tackles and wasn't making the connection.

As far as the Thomas "recruitment"....

Sigh..... recruiting in 2012, where one can say that not having an offer by the time you are 15 is insulting.
JCoz

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena