Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Around the NBA Observations

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Around the NBA Observations

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Since I'm jumping back in the Association last year after distancing myself post-Decision and just a lot of work on my plate. I think I'm back into it this year. Watched a handful of games the past two days. Couple observations but thinking of keeping this going as long as some of the posters can take it on here.

-Thought when they did it they would regret it but what was Dallas thinking with Vince Carter? Losing Barea, Chandler and Stevenson have stripped them of a ton of chemistry. Vince stinks, Haywood sucks and Lamar is sad.

-Bulls success hinges on getting Rip integrated into the system. Cannot go where they want to go with Ronnie Brewer getting crunch time minutes.

-Lakers are in trouble unless they make a major trade.

-LAC and OKC have major coach issues still. Clips need another big man too. Cavs should be dangling the hell out of Andy. (get unprotected #1 down the road)

-NYK do not have the right coach. IF Baron comes back, that's an interesting team but I just don't like Dantoni.

-Kings are gonna be a fun team to watch. When Cousins gets after it on the boards like he did last night and channels that energy positively, dude's a beast.

-I really like the Pacers as the team that could sneak into the Top 4 in the East. Nice, deep roster.

-Going to be really interesting how Kevin Love handles this impending T-wolves extension offer.

-West is immensely better than the East.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Around the NBA Observations

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm

noles1 wrote:Since I'm jumping back in the Association last year after distancing myself post-Decision and just a lot of work on my plate. I think I'm back into it this year. Watched a handful of games the past two days. Couple observations but thinking of keeping this going as long as some of the posters can take it on here.

-Thought when they did it they would regret it but what was Dallas thinking with Vince Carter? Losing Barea, Chandler and Stevenson have stripped them of a ton of chemistry. Vince stinks, Haywood sucks and Lamar is sad.

The Mavs sucked for 3/4 of the season last year before they figured out chemistry and rotations, far too early to judge one way or another. I mean, Vince sucks we all know that, but we'll see how much that matters down the line.

-Bulls success hinges on getting Rip integrated into the system. Cannot go where they want to go with Ronnie Brewer getting crunch time minutes.

The Bulls roster sucks, regardless of Rip or no Rip. Their floor spacing is garbage, rip can't really shoot anymore, Noah showed an offensive game last year before he got hurt and hasn't regained it and Boozer is the worst second fiddle in the league. They are a more talented version of LBJ's Cavs teams. Fatally Flawed.

-Lakers are in trouble unless they make a major trade.

Meh. The bench big man shooting has been better than expected. A healthy Bynum can keep them in the top four seeds. That said, no, they are not a title team.

-LAC and OKC have major coach issues still. Clips need another big man too. Cavs should be dangling the hell out of Andy. (get unprotected #1 down the road)

I hate Vinny, but he has only had time to put in 60% of his playbook thus far. Let's wait and see there. OKC, not sure what you are seeing that has been questionable thus far this year. Not the biggest Brooks fan but he has been fine through these two games. That Minn team is actually pretty damn talented, fun and driven. Going to be one of the best league pass teams this year.

-NYK do not have the right coach. IF Baron comes back, that's an interesting team but I just don't like Dantoni.

I cannot comment on a coach in any way if he is playing with the black hole that is Melo on his team and no PG. Not to mention that their D was vastly improved last year and their pace nowhere near 7 Seconds or Less. People just pretend he's pure run and gun at this point because all they remember is 2005.

-Kings are gonna be a fun team to watch. When Cousins gets after it on the boards like he did last night and channels that energy positively, dude's a beast.

I've been on the Kings for two years, duh. Them and GS are my teaams for the year.

-I really like the Pacers as the team that could sneak into the Top 4 in the East. Nice, deep roster.

MEDIOCRITY!

-Going to be really interesting how Kevin Love handles this impending T-wolves extension offer.

-West is immensely better than the East.

Yes, the East Sucks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Kings didn't becoming interesting until they resigned Thornton and got Hayes. Now they resemble more of an overall team and not just a sideshow, like GS.

Still NOTHING was more sickening than watching the MaLoofs pound their chests after the Kings win last night. Same guys trying to rape the city out of their team and then they turn around and play up towards the crowd. Kevin Johnson should have walked over to mid-court there and punched them in the face.

Disagree with you on Indiana but we shall see. Have a buddy who lives there that loves to talk about Eric Gordon becoming available down the road (homecoming). They aren't good enough to compete for a title this year but are accumulating some nice assets.

Minnesota has gotten there a lot quicker with their drafts and the Barea and Rubio arrival. Will be checking them out much more then just spying on Love.

My Dantoni hatred is more his whiny demeanor factored with his inability to reign in a player like Toney Douglas even remotely. I've never really been a fan to be honest, so that may be clouding my viewpoint as of today.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm

The Nellie and Smart era is over in GS, calling them just a side show is hilarious.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:01 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Nellie and Smart era is over in GS, calling them just a side show is hilarious.

Years past. Caught both of their past two games and just haven't seen enough to fully appreciate yet. Tough to piece together defensive principles when the personnel doesn't really allow it.

Still I'm not a big Monta fan and thus far they only strike me as a team to watch for a few of the players rather than a sum of all the parts.
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Monta reinvented his game last year, when you weren't watching FWIW. Monta two years ago was terrrrrible, but he "grew up."

Check the dime totals, FG%, etc.

And he tries his ass off on D, just is undersized.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Is this the same Sasha Pavlovic we had that started for the C's tonight?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Damn straight.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Damn straight.

Wow.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Next thing you know Juri Welsch will be on the block for the Lakers.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:08 am

Norris Fucking Cole.

OMG.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am

swerb wrote:Norris Fucking Cole.

OMG.

Couldn't have been drafted by ANY other team? OIC.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 am

Will have to wait and see that jumper in about 3 mos when his legs are mush. Still impressive performance from him last night and for the Heat for about 3 quarters.

Zone defenses still seem to give them fits though and you could see the Celts at the end just had that look of "we can play with them if we're whole (ie. Peirce & Pietras)".

Not sure I completely see it with the C's but for being thin enough to run Sasha out there and still running both games to the wire has to be a little positive.

Real nice bounceback by the Lakers last night. 3rd game in 3 nights to boot.
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:44 am

I have very little faith in Cole being anything more than a meh PG/scorer.

That said, if you are going to develop on any team, Miami is certainly the easiest place in the league.

All of you CSU fans should be thanking them for taking Cole, not shaking your heads.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm

@tvsportsratings: ESPN's 2 Xmas night games (ORL/OKC, LAC/GS): +71% in M18-49, +48% in viewers vs. '10 (DEN/OKC, POR/GS)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Miami also maiximizes Cole's exposure (and CSU's) should he be closer to a legit player and less a function of environment.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm so torn. I love Cole. Love how good this is for Gary Waters and CSU.

But I fucking hate the Heat.

Very conflicted watching him out there.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:28 pm

noles1 wrote:Will have to wait and see that jumper in about 3 mos when his legs are mush. Still impressive performance from him last night and for the Heat for about 3 quarters.

Zone defenses still seem to give them fits though and you could see the Celts at the end just had that look of "we can play with them if we're whole (ie. Peirce & Pietras)".

Not sure I completely see it with the C's but for being thin enough to run Sasha out there and still running both games to the wire has to be a little positive.

Real nice bounceback by the Lakers last night. 3rd game in 3 nights to boot.

Don't think it's gonna get much better for the Celtics. Hell, it looked like game 64 for KG out there.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:54 pm

+ for the C's, Rondo looks like he might be making the jump to full on elite PG

- for the C's, as lead mentions, KG is... well.... old. He mustered up a nice second half against the Knicks and will do so a time or two a week, but man.......

In order for them to survive this year Pierce is going to have to go off and Rondo is going to have to keep pushing teams to death like he has tried to do for two games now.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Maybe add that Brandon Bass has played like he always has only he's getting more burn.

That was a very under the radar trade for Boston. Why Dwight liked Davis over him is beyond me.
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:25 pm

noles1 wrote:Maybe add that Brandon Bass has played like he always has only he's getting more burn.

That was a very under the radar trade for Boston. Why Dwight liked Davis over him is beyond me.

It was a brilliant move and had they pulled off the David West deal they thought they had done I would fear the C's much more.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Agree even the Jeff Green injury, who I haven't liked on them would be better than the pu pu platter that is their swingman after Allen and Pierce.

Look into Monta's splits a bit more and I am more open to him as a player. The assist numbers stood out the most. The handful of games I caught of them last year were "showcase" type games so it's likely why my judgement of him remained clouded. Will have to give him a further look throughout the year.

One major positive about this condensed schedule is that every night there are a couple of really interesting games to check out.

OKC vs. Memphis being the nice one tonight.
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm

If I don't get out of the effing office by OKC Memphis I'm gonna smack someone. I keep ending up watching all the damned early games at like 1AM on the replay lately.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SDM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Norris fucking Cole
SDM

Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Bruce Lee Bowen

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Bobcats up by 11 on Miami in the 3rd... Diaw almost has a trip-dub and Bismack got his first NBA points.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Second game in a row Diaw has flirted with a trip dub.

What's next, Spencer Hawes flirting with one....

OH WAIT THAT HAPPENED
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 pm

SDM wrote:Norris fucking Cole

Back to Earth tonight with 5 points on 2-8 shooting with 3 fouls in 17 minutes.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:47 pm

OKC - Memphis should have to play once a week.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:37 am

Honestly, the lack of a training camp and preseason is really showing this week. Some horrendous shooting efforts. Monta - Melo - Amare are like 2-20 right now in this Knicks game.

And this horrendous shooting is not limited to this game.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 am

I love this Warriors team. No Steph, Monta can't shoot for three quarters and Brandon Rush, Kwame and Udoh will them back into the game. Monta sits for most of the third and comes in to just dominate thus far int he fourth with the drive and dish game. Scoring and dishing at will. Last seven possessions he has four dimes and four points.

And Dominick McQuire is playing his face off.

These guys have no business being in this game, let alone being up by ten with 7 minutes left.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:42 am

The Warriors centers (Biedrins and Kwame) have 17 boards, Tyson Chandler 3.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:56 am

Monta was playing terrible at the 2 without Steph for 3 quarters (as cute as Ish is, he is not a quality PG). Jackson moved him to the PG for the fourth after a long time on the bench and he came out with 12 points and 7 dimes in the quarter to close the game (dime totals per the GS announcing crew, I had him at one less). Also missed one shot from the field and hit all his free throws for the quarter.

Fucking Monta, damn.... that was a quarter.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Honestly, the lack of a training camp and preseason is really showing this week. Some horrendous shooting efforts. Monta - Melo - Amare are like 2-20 right now in this Knicks game.

And this horrendous shooting is not limited to this game.

ZachLowe_SI
After 4 days, shooting % and points/possession leaguewide are right at '99's disastrous levels...and Boston is 28th in points allowed/poss.

Yep, I wasn't imagining it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Monta was a beast in the 4th last night. Schedule has set up nice to the Warriors with the home games. Pretty impressive thus far.

The big story for me last night was the Westbrook implosion. You could see it going throughout the 1st quarter. Pargo came out and hit him in the mouth and Westbrook seemed more like trying to prove some vendetta or point than compete.

Gonna be fascinating to see how this plays out thru the season but they have to find a way to clean up the Westbrook situation or risk their shot at the title.
noles1

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:08 pm

FWiW, which is nothing, Russell Westbrook will be the guy that undoes the Oklahoma City fairy tale set up. His selfishness/issues/eventual departure is, IMO, the dominoe that will derail that train and ultimately render OKC just another small market, land locked, meaningless franchise.

While he may not be an 'elite' PG he's a crucial part of that team and I just don't see him being there when the smoke all clears and he can leave. And that will leave a hole.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm

The Westbrook implosion is 99% media hype.

He had a terrible game, not going to argue there, but the "fight" was him getting pissed at Thado for passing on a wide open three, KD getting in the middle of it and words being exchanged. A minute later KD was patting Russ on the head during a timeout.

Those two love each other and the "hate" is pure media bullshit. I hate the media.

That said, you can argue if Westbrook is going to mature enough to a be a title leading PG or not and make a very fair case either way.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm at work so forgive the 'above the quote' post, but I wasn't aware until after I posted that the two even had a disagreement last night. I was just speaking in generalities and how it sometimes seems Westbrook appears immature or chafes at his role as #2 to KD.

Not gonna belittle the numbers which have gotten better every year. He's among the best if not the elite. Maybe he grows up, matures, whatever, and maybe it's unfair to compare his maturity level to that of KD who seems older than his years. I'm just of the belief he leaves when he can and when he's financially secure enough to do so.

e0y2e3 wrote:The Westbrook implosion is 99% media hype.

He had a terrible game, not going to argue there, but the "fight" was him getting pissed at Thado for passing on a wide open three, KD getting in the middle of it and words being exchanged. A minute later KD was patting Russ on the head during a timeout.

Those two love each other and the "hate" is pure media bullshit. I hate the media.

That said, you can argue if Westbrook is going to mature enough to a be a title leading PG or not and make a very fair case either way.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:31 pm

See, I think the #2 thing isn't an issue and that he'll get locked up shortly unless Presti believes that the maturity thing is going to hold the team back, then you'll see him as the center piece in a BIG deal.

It's inarguable that Westbrook is maturing, also inarguable that he is doing so at a less than ideal rate.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:See, I think the #2 thing isn't an issue and that he'll get locked up shortly unless Presti believes that the maturity thing is going to hold the team back, then you'll see him as the center piece in a BIG deal.

It's inarguable that Westbrook is maturing, also inarguable that he is doing so at a less than ideal rate.

You may be right. You follow it far more closely than I do. I've just always looked at Westbrook as the fault line for that team and its future and I can't get past the opinion I think he's the first crack in the OKC foundation.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 pm

We're close to the same place Peeks. I think it's still untold if he will or will not be that fault, but I fully agree that if there is one it will be him.

I just think Presti is smart enough that if the fault line starts to rumble too loudly it'll find itself in another city and very good return will be had in a trade for him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm

By the way, is Westbrook not the fastest cat in the NBA from outlet/defensive elbow to offensive rim? I mean, that guy makes athletes look a step slow.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:We're close to the same place Peeks. I think it's still untold if he will or will not be that fault, but I fully agree that if there is one it will be him.

I just think Presti is smart enough that if the fault line starts to rumble too loudly it'll find itself in another city and very good return will be had in a trade for him.

True. But RW is coming into his prime. You'd need a return with at least a guy close to that in his prime and who can't bolt right away. Even if they deal him I fear the turnover and tumult affect KD who won't likely want to play with different parts every year. Trading him is part of the fear for OKC IMO although I agree they'd get a big return. Has to be the right return in terms of talent, experience and contract. Not a simple equation IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:By the way, is Westbrook not the fastest cat in the NBA from outlet/defensive elbow to offensive rim? I mean, that guy makes athletes look a step slow.

It's unreal. Sometimes I rewind him taking off three and four times in a row.

Fastest I've seen since what, AI? And he's twice as thick as AI was (not to mention possibly faster).

Rose is one of the more explosive PGs the NBA has seen and Westbrook makes it look like he is standing still.

As for the trade:

Westbrook for Rondo + is still interesting to me, but just Rondo isn't enough. Paul would have been another target, those are the types of packages I am thinking. You are right, there aren't a ton of packages out there that can return value on a 23 year old athletic prodigy like him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:By the way, is Westbrook not the fastest cat in the NBA from outlet/defensive elbow to offensive rim? I mean, that guy makes athletes look a step slow.

It's unreal. Sometimes I rewind him taking off three and four times in a row.

Fastest I've seen since what, AI? And he's twice as thick as AI was (not to mention possibly faster).

Rose is one of the more explosive PGs the NBA has seen and Westbrook makes it look like he is standing still.

As for the trade:

Westbrook for Rondo + is still interesting to me, but just Rondo isn't enough. Paul would have been another target, those are the types of packages I am thinking. You are right, there aren't a ton of packages out there that can return value on a 23 year old athletic prodigy like him.

Was just coming to post my Rondo for Westbrook trade after this season when Westbrook costs OKC the title (this time in the Finals) and Ainge dangles Rondo's name for, what, the 4th consecutive off-season? Makes too much sense for both teams. OKC needs an actual distributor, not a combo guard playing point, for Durant and Harden and Boston needs a young, exciting scorer to take them to the next era after KG and Ray Allen leave and Pierce starts going downhill. My only difference is I think it'll be a straight-up swap whereas both teams are just looking to move their headcase and hope the incoming headcase gets his shit together.

Book this trade for August 2012.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Spin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:05 pm

My first obs, the Lakers are in trouble, and Boston is showing it's age in a bad way. We knew that was coming, IMO the window slammed shut. Especially with the crazy schedule this season. Sorry Bostonian errrrr Eyeore.

San Antonio is reminding us who had the best record in the west last year. Dallas' D is a sieve. Miami is shooting the lights out, but giving up a lot too.

Kyrie was puckered in game 1, but started hitting shots in game 2. The game is starting to come to him. It's not going to be overnight, he's had, what a dozen games after high school? I'm not worried.

Tristan also shows signs of being a productive player. Blocking shots, making shots. If we could have drafted these two in 2004... fuck

Sessions has been a pleasant surprise. Boy can ball, at least in the first two games. Maybe he can keep it up until we can trade him off, or is he the real deal? Right now he looks like a good backcourt mate to Kyrie in Byron's system (there are no PG/SG's, either can do both). Disclaimer that we're only two games in, and even Amon Owns (no D no J) had his nights.

But they look to be right where they need to be. They seem to have picked up a couple really nice pieces in the draft, and have enough pieces missing to be back in the lottery next spring. {fingers crossed}
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Cavs=Decent talent + solid coaching. Shortened season with many back to backs (to backs too)=young team like the Cavs having a better record than their talent would otherwise indicate. This pisses me off because it's not going to do them any good by winning a bunch of games while lowering their lottery chances for next yr. There will be no real benefit of the Cavs doing a little better than expected this year. Simple economics---- what is good for the Long Run?
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 am

Apparently Russ answered the call and went beast mode tonight. Then, of course, Durant went dagger mode.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 am

let's all bask in the warm glow that is kd's awesomeness
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:24 am

and let's all laugh at the corpse of Vince Carter coming alive for four seconds only to have KD shoot his zombie ass in the head moments later.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:53 am

dailythunder Royce Young
Westbrook on the crowd chanting his name: "It's amazing what these fans will do for you man. I love this city and my teammates."
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA