Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavaliers v Raptors 12/26

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavaliers v Raptors 12/26

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:23 pm

The Cavs lost because they're a shitty team run by a shitty owner. Burn it down.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:All I'm saying is you had a weak draft, and while you probably should have picked Jonas, lets at least give the kid 6 games before we say he is worse then Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

No one wants to draft questiona marks in the top 5, but this is the NBA its 50-50 given the player and strength of the draft.

FTR: I'm not saying he is going to be the worst performing top five pick of all time, not even close. I'm saying to logically take a guy with zero chance at being an offensive player in the top five is as bad of logic as you can get historically.

40% FT shooters taken in the top five that cannot shoot? Light. Me. On. Fire.

Kid may end up a very servicable NBA player, but taking him in general was beyond stupid.

If your roster is as bad as the Cavs was and you're serious about building a winning team, the fourth overall pick needs to be an All Star caliber player. Period. If that means rolling the dice on a Euro, so be it. I get that it was a bad draft but it's still a very high pick and you have precious few shots at them (although the Cavs appear to be lining up for more).

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that even in a terrible season like last year, that would have been our only 1st round pick but for the Clippers' stupidity/cheapness. I think the Cavs got way too comfortable and delusional after getting the #1 pick and saw #4 as some sort of a basketball side dish instead of the cornerstone player it needed to be. I actually like what I saw from Thompson last night but I'm still convinced he's a low ceiling/6th man on a good team type.
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Oh and JJN, both Taj and Tyrus shoot < 60% at the rim. That is horrendous, especially for defensive bigs.

I expect TT to be in that range as well.

BAD, BAD, BAD
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Kid may end up a very servicable NBA player, but taking him in general was beyond stupid.

Jonas getting on the court and ballin' will cement that, until then it seems he will be compared to that empty draft night feeling. Servicable may be enough compared to that and a weak class.

Besides Jonas, players on the board at that time, ones the Cavaliers had under consideration were feh and meh. Only the potential of Bismack had a pulse.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby JJN » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:47 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:TT's absolutely ceiling is current edition Tyrus Thomas and IMO, Thomas is nowhere near his ceiling yet. Everytime the kid gets minutes he produces and he was finally in line for big minutes this year before this stupid injury that hopefully goes away soon.

Ty takes too many long jumpers and doesn't convert in the 3-15ft range. TT's physical ceiling may be Ty Thomas, but I think he is a smarter player. Ty might be a physical freak, but he still hasn't been able to beat out Borris fucking Diaw for a starting spot in Charlotte.

TT was a reach, and I did want Vala, but I think TT is going to be better than most of us initially gave him credit for. If we got an ok starter or decent 6th man out of a crappy draft, I'll take it. Consider that if he can catch the ball, he may already be the best PF the Cavs have had since Boozer. (I just made myself sad).
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 am

Ty was going to start at PF this year and Diaw at Center.

And Larry Brown played a huge role in stunting Ty's development.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 am

e0y2e3 wrote:You may want to read JJN's post upthread and then think real, real, real hard about who the Cavs played yesterday rebel.

Ahhh... Ed Davis, my mistake. And being 10x better than TT is probably the floor for Davis. Loved him coming out of UNC, even if he did come out 1 year too early.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Taj Gibson:

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Taj%20Gibson

Check those distance splits. I like Taj, but playing better defense than Boozer and hustling more doesn't make him more than a first big off the bench.

But, but..... that dunk on Wade... and stuff.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA