Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Possible Elephant (QB) In The Room

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: The Possible Elephant (QB) In The Room

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Bob Slydell: Would you bear with me for just a second, please? What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if Colt McCoy were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program / performance bonus laden backup QB contract. Would that do anything for him? Seneca's 31 and half years old. We dump him, draft RGIII (without trading up somehow), and use the rest of the picks for Best Player Available/Player we need most. Could this work? :santa:
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: The Possible Elephant (QB) In The Room

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:The accuracy question is unanswerable, really. Do QB's improve their accuracy after a couple years in the NFL? Definitely. You can look at pretty much every good QB and say their accuracy has improved markedly since they were rookies.

But just b/c a certain QB could improve his accuracy doesn't mean he will.

When I look at a guy like McCoy, I gauge where he is, what his ceiling is, how far he has to go to be in that elite class, and what percentage of his ceiling will he have to reach in order to be in said class.

Then I multiply by the square root of pi and that gives me an indisputable measure of whether or not a QB will succeed.

Colt's measure in the Hiko System is low b/c he has a long way to go and would have to reach almost 100% of his potential to get there, which is very rare and difficult. Not to say it's impossible, just not likely (imho).

I would also add that the accuracy issue is more prominent in regard to "grading" Colt because this was the thing he could hang his hat on.

Accuracy was his strength, a given.

Taking a Vick type and saying, "his accuracy isn't coming around" is much different then saying it about Colt. Hell, you could argue it's the reason he got drafted at all.

Anyways, I'm with Hiko and peeks in the sense, I wouldn't bet my life the guys gonna be a total zero, like I would've with several of the humps they've had under center, but man, is sure as hell doesn't look all that likely we're lookinga a guy that can reach a star level.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL