Text Size

No Holds Barred

Occupy Wall Street

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:The Police were stupid.I'm sure it was really necessary to pepper spray protestors sitting on the ground. What are their ideas for fixing the tuition scam?

They want to close a property tax loophole that has cost the state buku bucks in revenue. ... and a mild tax increase on the wealthiest residents of California. The state is going to cut another $200 million from the budget for higher education next year.

and sorry about the balls and spine comment. It was early and i was obviously in a bad mood.

Its impossible to defend the police in that spot, given what we can see and probably allude. Closing a loophole? I'd probably be able to get on board with that, but I'd want a performance audit of several aspects of Cali's government before I supported tax increases. If I remember correctly they have some of the most wack abuses by public sector workers, and their tax structure is already driving out business.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm not from California, so I really don't know much about if they're business friendly or not.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Ziner wrote:And I won't start down the higher education budgets the entire thing is fucked up from getting people who shouldnt to go to college and then when they do go let them major in useless degrees.

Ideally, we'd all be accountants.

;-) ;) :wink:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:How do these topics switch gears so fast?

Your second day will be easier.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:35 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Ziner wrote:Are writers, artists and musicians paid? Oh they are? Interesting, so I would assume that falls under "marketable skill".

+

"people who shouldnt to go to college and then when they do go let them major in useless degrees."

+

"Ideally everyone would leave college with a marketable and demanded skill. That isn't too much to strive for."

=

Confusion.

Apparently, I made some faulty assumptions on what, in your opinion, constitutes a "useless degree" and a "marketable skill." That, or your line of thinking is really: "Any degree can be a useless degree but every skill is also marketable. Whether or not you fall under my Umbrella O' Contempt is determined by whether or not you succeed or fail." Which is kind of dumb.

Sorry for distracting from the topic at hand

Useless degrees are degrees that have little to no demand and/or do not pay a salary high enough to justify the education costs. People are free to follow that path, just don't expect me to feel bad for them. I think colleges need to do a better job educating people on their decision of major and the potential consequences of that.

Marketable skills are things that are in high demand from people who are chefs, people who are gifted musically or artistically or people who go to medical schools. Those are things that can be learned at a variety of places. Vocational schools and professional schools in many careers are a far better economical choice.

I am not sure what I said that is all that confusing. Going to college is not the only way to make yourself marketable. The situation isn't fail or succeed, it is about making a educated and intelligent decision on your future.

Laquinda spent 80+K in communication arts...does that sound intelligent?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laquinda- ... 51098.html

Mike graduated from THE Ohio State University with a degree in Fine Arts, after switching his major four times. Apparently Mike can make bad decisions after 4 attempts. But at least he had 40K as a parting gift.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-newm ... 45263.html

Aleesha spend 100K in a Masters for Speech and Interpersonal Communications from New York University what the fuck is that? Intelligent?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aleesha-n ... 45223.html

Brittany spend 40K for creative non-fiction writing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brittany- ... 45267.html

This is the shit I am talking about. Would you advise your children to pursue any of these avenues? That isn't to say there arent people making a living out there in these field, but honestly what the hell can we do as a society when someone majors in Fine Arts? Where do we place that person? That is not a marketable skill and if it is the market for it is tiny. Minor in whatever the fuck you want, but none of these people had backup plans that didnt consist of being a barista*

* I didnt fully read them all, but I have read many in the past.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm pretty sure I finally made Ziner's head explode.

Mission Accomplished.

Nah, don't pat yourself on the back would take alot more than that. Might be able to if we share a beer one day, but this is the interwebs.

Your knowledge of the financial crisis and its downfall frustrates me. I have had many long conversations with very intelligent people who I am confident are liberals that would be shaking their head at you. You are very informed on so many topics, I just feel like you are being far to black/white on this issue.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:41 pm

FUDU wrote:Ziner I think you're taking CDT's point about the rich as if it is JUST about getting every nickel & dime from them we can. When IMO (as I tend to agree with some of his points) it is as much about creating equal leverage for the working class in terms of the significant advantages the rich have (tax loopholes etc).

What makes you think I am not about equal leverage, I am the one that discussed getting rid of parts of the tax code in both income and corporate to even the playing field. I just don't believe that taking money from the rich and giving it to the government is going to do a damn bit of good. But like I said, at this point I am almost rooting for it so we can get past it and actually talk about something that can make a difference.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Maybe I misread, my bad.

I agree with some of your points above, IMO funding "fine" arts as we do is sickening and borderline criminal.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm pretty sure I finally made Ziner's head explode.

Mission Accomplished.

Nah, don't pat yourself on the back would take alot more than that. Might be able to if we share a beer one day, but this is the interwebs.

Your knowledge of the financial crisis and its downfall frustrates me. I have had many long conversations with very intelligent people who I am confident are liberals that would be shaking their head at you. You are very informed on so many topics, I just feel like you are being far to black/white on this issue.

It's my stance on Wall Street that frustrates you. Not my knowledge, I've read apologists like Meagan McCardle's work.... and i'm not buying it, I never will. I know what you want, you want me to kowtow to the people who pushed the economy off the cliff and got paid afterwards, well i'm not going to do it. I will not forgive them, they are criminal scum. They and the politicians that they bought deserve no better than a trip to what the French called "The National Razor".

And I've talked to many conservatives that agree with i'm saying. Read Griftopia by Matt Taibbi, he went into the belly of the beast. There's a chapter called "The Biggest Asshole In The Universe" all about Alan Greenspan.

Nomi Prins It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bonuses, Bailouts, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street is also excellent. She worked on The Street, for Goldman and Bear Stearns.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I am sure there are conservatives that agree what what you are saying, since when do you agree with conservatives? I don't need to read a book about Taibbi, I have read too big to fail (what I would guess was much less political) and I have taken classes over the last 3 years such as economic environment, applied finance, corporate finance, financial markets, economics and investments. In every class we have long in-depth conversations with guests and professors. Some of these classes the entire class has been focused around what has happened. None of these people fall remotely close to your stance on this at all. Even self-proclaimed liberals. I will say it again, perverted incentives across the board.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:49 pm

http://securitydebrief.com/2011/11/21/t ... to-police/

Stupid police action like pepper spraying a bunch of people on the sidewalk give cover to ^.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Ziner wrote:I am sure there are conservatives that agree what what you are saying, since when do you agree with conservatives? I don't need to read a book about Taibbi, I have read too big to fail (what I would guess was much less political) and I have taken classes over the last 3 years such as economic environment, applied finance, corporate finance, financial markets, economics and investments. In every class we have long in-depth conversations with guests and professors. Some of these classes the entire class has been focused around what has happened. None of these people fall remotely close to your stance on this at all. Even self-proclaimed liberals. I will say it again, perverted incentives across the board.

Why should I give a shit where your class mates and talking heads fall in relation to my stance? You can trot out your class resume all you like, it's irrelevant to me.

And why do you assume I don't agree with conservatives? You have no clue who i'm friends with or who I talk to on a daily basis.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Ziner wrote:I am sure there are conservatives that agree what what you are saying, since when do you agree with conservatives? I don't need to read a book about Taibbi, I have read too big to fail (what I would guess was much less political) and I have taken classes over the last 3 years such as economic environment, applied finance, corporate finance, financial markets, economics and investments. In every class we have long in-depth conversations with guests and professors. Some of these classes the entire class has been focused around what has happened. None of these people fall remotely close to your stance on this at all. Even self-proclaimed liberals. I will say it again, perverted incentives across the board.

Why should I give a shit where your class mates and talking heads fall in relation to my stance? You can trot out your class resume all you like, it's irrelevant to me.

And why do you assume I don't agree with conservatives? You have no clue who i'm friends with or who I talk to on a daily basis.

You are angry a lot lately. Go grab a few beers.

I learned very little through classmates, moreso through discussions with people who know far more about this stuff than you or I. Only reason I brought it up is that my thoughts and conclusions on this topic weren't force fed to my by Matt Taibbi but instead by people who study it for a living over the course of the past few years. ;-) ;) :wink: (settle down big boy).

I am sure your MSNBC knob slobberer is far more knowledgeable.

I have actually said on this board before that the bailouts shouldn't have happened and free markets should take over, blah blah. I read, I learned, I studied, I researched and have formed a different opinion. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Stop with your no clue bullshit. It was a joke. Go fuck yourself. Shit, that is Peeker's job. Peeker do your damn job

We really need to just agree to disagree. This thread was developed to make fun of OWS douchebags, quit mucking it up.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 am

Cmon CDT we know exactly who you talk to everyday, us.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I wasn't angry, fucko.

If i'm angry you will know. I just don't give a shit what your soulless talking heads say about my position.

And yes, picking up and reading a book sure is being "force fed"..... great call, shitfart.

You would like my two best friends, these two cunts are hardcore conservative. My buddy Tim has a line he uses "Fuck Reagan, I'm a Goldwater conservative".

Now go find a Camel Spider and insert it into your left (the liberal one) nostril.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Fuck Goldwater, I'm a Cato the Elder conservative.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Orenthal wrote:Fuck Goldwater, I'm a Cato the Elder conservative.

Then you should be living in a log cabin in the woods with no electricity and eating only the most basic foods.

After Scipio was accused of padding the books when it came to military expenses by Cato, he gave one of the great retorts in history. "I will give account of victories, not of money".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:04 am

This thread is a really fun read. :pop:
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:17 am

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:01 pm

While mining data for a paper I came across dis http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf. Page 27 of the report shows that Cali spends lots of coin keeping illegals imprisoned. This cost is supposed to be refunded 100% by the federal government, but GAO found about only 25% is refunded. In 2002 and 2003 this amounted to aout 1 billion dollars.

What this means, I don't know, I need a picture.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Orenthal wrote:While mining data for a paper I came across dis http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf. Page 27 of the report shows that Cali spends lots of coin keeping illegals imprisoned. This cost is supposed to be refunded 100% by the federal government, but GAO found about only 25% is refunded. In 2002 and 2003 this amounted to aout 1 billion dollars.

What this means, I don't know, I need a picture.

Just use this one as a signature or at the end of each disjointed thought so people know what you're actually telling them:

Cuz they're not reach that conclusion if you use fewer pictures.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Then you should be living in a log cabin in the woods with no electricity and eating only the most basic foods.

After Scipio was accused of padding the books when it came to military expenses by Cato, he gave one of the great retorts in history. "I will give account of victories, not of money".

That was a great retort. As was his reply that he defeated Hannibal, so stfu Cato. At the time what Cato complained about was a bit extreme, but his ruggedness and hate of Greek luxury was prescient.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

That was a great retort. As was his reply that he defeated Hannibal, so stfu Cato. At the time what Cato complained about was a bit extreme, but his ruggedness and hate of Greek luxury was prescient.

It's amazing how history repeats it's self. Another Cato badgering another great general about a century later. But I agree more with Cato Uticensis' stances...... even though had he been a little less rigid, they probably could have avoided another bloody civil war and the Republic might have continued to limp along.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:29 pm

I have always been an admirer of the followers of the stoic philosophy. I know your big on the Republic, but what first got me interested in Roman culture was reading the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. The passages were written while he was squashing the Occupy Pannonia movement.

btw fantastic vexiloid avatar...

senātus populusque Rōmānus
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 am

Orenthal wrote:I have always been an admirer of the followers of the stoic philosophy. I know your big on the Republic, but what first got me interested in Roman culture was reading the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. The passages were written while he was squashing the Occupy Pannonia movement.

btw fantastic vexiloid avatar...

senātus populusque Rōmānus

The Republican period is just full of more interesting men. The politics were more interesting too. I've read much about the Imperial period, but there just isn't the cast of great men they had during the Republic.

But I think everyone can agree that Trajan was the best emperor.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:42 pm

No doubt the Republic and its formation and players are more interesting, the empire had its 150-200 years, but was done in by autocratic rule, despotism, the praetorian guards, asian/persian influence on the royal court, blah blah religion, sub-contracting the legions. Couldn't foster many unique personalities and is pretty depressing in most parts after Marcus Aurelius.

Oh, and this is downright creepy from OWS.
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 am

Never a big fan of Adam Carolla, so to no surprise this has more truth than comedy:

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

ANGRY OLD MAN FORUM
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm

FUDU wrote:Never a big fan of Adam Carolla, so to no surprise this has more truth than comedy:

Don't know much about this guy but wow, it could have been me saying that. Pretty much dead on IMO.

e0y, don't take this as trying to pick a fight but angry old man forum? From your viewpoint I guess so. I am not sure what your "angry old man forum" comment meant but you have made it several times in other areas as well. Come talk to me in X years and let me know what you think. I've already been 30,35,40,45 and so on. I can tell you this; I know a lot more about the view from "angry old man land" than you do so when you get here I'll welcome you to join me yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

After working pretty much full time since I was 12 years old busting my ass for almost 40 years I don't want some entitled punk to take what I earned through much sacrifice. I don't want to hear that I don't pay my fair share. If someone wants what I have? Do what I did; strap on your big boy clothes and got get yourself some.

I have followed this thread closely and have remained silent until now. To be honest I really don't know all the issues of OWS. From what I gather they have some valid points. Things are certainly not going in the right direction and I don't have the answers but I know this: the answer isn't taking from me and people like me.

Peace
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Baby Boomers are generally clothes minded schmucks that hate Generation Y's global and education based view of the world.

This is only reinforced by garbage like what Carolla spews here.

That is some of the most clothes minded and blind hate I've heard in some time.

I'm fine with disliking OWS, I'm not fine with attacking a generation someone doesn't understand with that ridiculousness.

I'm glad the Boomers were the hardest working generation ever. Good on you. Now STFU and get out of our way.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Baby Boomers are generally clothes minded schmucks that hate Generation Y's global and education based view of the world.

This is only reinforced by garbage like what Carolla spews here.

I'm fine with disliking OWS, I'm not fine with attacking a generation someone doesn't understand with that ridiculousness.

I'm glad the Boomers were the hardest working generation ever. Good on you. Now STFU and get out of our way.

I am not so sure boomers were the hardest working generation ever or that they didn't cause some of the problems. What do you mean get out of "our way"? So you/OWS movement can take what we worked for? Sounds like you are an angry young man that will be happy sitting on the porch with me some day yelling at those kids to get off the lawn. I guess there is a new "generation gap" and it is my fault that you don't understand me and it is my fault that i don't understand you. I guess I am too closed minded.

I'll give you the last word e0y.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

My wife is so damn clothes minded. All she ever wants to do is shop.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Huffpo with some fine journalism on Occupy Y'all Street.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/0 ... 25645.html

Big bad banks...errr government foreclosing on them because they are greedy 1%ers

or...

In the spring of 2010, the Roreys decided they wanted a loan modification. They had managed to pay their mortgage each month. They just wanted a little more breathing room. When they made the request to their mortgage servicer, then-called Everhome, the Roreys say they were told that unless they could prove financial hardship, they couldn't get the modification.

A foreclosure consultant they hired told them to stop paying their mortgage. Counterintuitive as it may sound, it's common advice in the industry.

The Roreys took the advice that summer. In September, Everhome entered into foreclosure proceedings on the Roreys. On Oct. 5, they were foreclosed on.

Points out a big problem of the modifications, everyone else gets a home modification, why don't I?

Now they want a modification so they stop paying on their home because someone they just met, with no association to the lender, tells them to. Now they are upset they get foreclosed on. Ummm... that's what happens when you quit paying.

In the mean time what did they do with the money that would have paid for their mortgage?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Clothes minded....nice Ziner.

He was probably drunk, which means he could of went a number of directions with his nutty rant.

Is that even considered grammar smack?

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Baby Boomers are generally clothes minded schmucks that hate Generation Y's global and education based view of the world.

First in regards to this forum and your AOMF labels, there's probably 1 or 2 baby boomers in this place, the rest are a hell of a lot closer to Gen Ys than anything else.

Second, I'm not even sure you understand the concept of what hate really is.

...and last but certainly not least, RE: your last statement, there is an old saying:

In order to be the man, you have to beat the man.

...and for safe measure, WHOOOOOO!

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

e0 lives in an efficiency apartment at a bus stop on the busiest street corner in Boston...

His setting up camp in an Occupy movement would be a step up for him

IOW....who, other than him, gives a rats ass what he thinks

He's one of the 1%.................... that eat at soup kitchens
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 pm

This forum in a nutshell is summed up perfectly at the start of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/youtube]
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Top 1% earns 17% of the income, but pays 37% of taxes.

^Fix this.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html#table3
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Bump:

B/C this is funny.
B/C it is somewhat relevant.
B/C Samuel L. Jackson would be like this on Facebook.
B/C THIS THREAD WAS SLIDING TOO FAR DOWN THE FIRST PAGE!

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Acriumpa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't really understand the whole point of this protest.

Honestly...
Acriumpa

Favorite Player: Colt McCoy
Least Favorite Player: Shawn Lauvao

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Good point.

Had another poster OWS moment when one tool in the crowd ranted at Gingrich and the luddites and lemmings repeat the words seconds latter.

That reminded me about the Republican field and I became sad.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 am

I cannot believe there no discussion on the NDAA.

If our cop hating Libertarian was here, none of this would be flying under the radar.... it would be a 5 page discussion and many profanities would have been used.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 pm

You mean you don't like codifying temporary "over reaches"? Don't like the fact "sneak-n-peek" is being used for drug cases? Don't like the fact the Bush and Obama administrations are using terrorism specific law for a plethora of other investigations? Ya bipartisanship!

Its a joke this shit is being wrapped up inside the NDAA.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Orenthal wrote:You mean you don't like codifying temporary "over reaches"? Don't like the fact "sneak-n-peek" is being used for drug cases? Don't like the fact the Bush and Obama administrations are using terrorism specific law for a plethora of other investigations? Ya bipartisanship!

Its a joke this shit is being wrapped up inside the NDAA.

No.... I don't like bills that piss all over the 5th Amendment because our spineless cunt government is still selling "BE AFRIAD OF DEM MOOOOOSELIMS" to a handful of idiots who are actually afraid terrorism. In the last 11 years we've seen the demise of our 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendment rights.

Maybe it's time to use the 2nd?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 pm

And furthermore, I think Obama and every member of congress that voted for this act should be impeached for breaking their oath to uphold the Constitution.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:37 pm

It is a total crock, PATRIOT ACT provisions were moslty on the books for Organized crime but disallowed for terrorism. So let's fix that with an over-correction applying those methods to regular ass citizens and rummy dummy drug dealers.

How about doing some actual law enforcement and intelligence analysis you lazy fucks! Weasel ass pols passing this type of shit in a NDAA, then making hay over payroll/millionaire surtax/unemployment. Fucking tools.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 pm

At least Hollywood's buddy Lamar Smith got delayed on SOPA.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Some SOPA info for the bored...
http://www.cato.org/search_results.php? ... 0&btnG.y=0

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/the-new- ... awfulness/

Ya for big government solutions for things they don't understand.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 pm

The broadness of SOPA is disgusting. I'm not sure people understand how far reaching it is, and how many sites will disappear. I have no problem with torrent sites, it's competition that the movie and music industry need. They can make their fake commercials and lie about piracy causing job loss, they'll get no sympathy from me. I remember when a fucking CD cost $17.99..... for 12 tracks... a lot of them might end up sucking. Then Napster came a long and changed everything. It's the record industry trying to cover it's own ass for a hilariously outdated and failed business model. THEY ARE STILL MAKING CDs THAT COST MORE THAN $5!

Anyone been to a movie in the last 15 years? Have you seen the obscene prices they charge?

Here's my bill from going to see the blah J. Edgar with my wife.

2 tickets- $26

2 drinks- $ 11

1 order of stale nachos- $6.25

1 small popcorn- $5.50

1 box of Swedish Fish- $4.75

Total $53.50...... and THAT'S why I have no qualms about getting it for free on the net. If the movie is good (which is rare for American movies) I end up buying the DVD anyway.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred