Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Concussed Colt

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Concussed Colt

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Brief synopsis of what Holmgren said:

Doctors working on other guys, didn't see hit. Ran out onto field, Colt complains about hand, not knocked out, not woozy. Ask him to sit up, he does so. They come off field, ask him standard concussion questions, he answers them all. Not displaying concussion symptoms, so no thorough concussion exam performed. Examine hand, it's OK, they give him go ahead to go back in. All NFL procedures followed.

Starts displaying concussion symptoms in locker room, gets examined for concussion, discovered he has one, sensitive to light, etc.

Problem is that doctors are busy and can't watch field and that someone needs to be put in place to radio down to the field and tell doctors that dude was hit in head and needs to be examined for concussion.

Doubtful that any penalty levied on Browns for the incident. Common feeling that NFL procedures aren't good enough and failed in this instance. Leaguewide change may result.

No blame for Shurmur. He's seen guys get hit in head plenty of times and have no concussion. Medical staff gave OK, so Shurmur put him in. Shurmur will be back next year.

Drops are bad. Bad tackling is bad. Botched long snaps are bad. Reporter negativity is bad.

End synopsis.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:48 pm

McCoy's situation was not so different from what happened to Michael Vick in October. He was hit helmet to helmet by Washington safety LaRon Landry and was visibly stunned. "They're holding him up like a punch drunk boxer," said analyst Brian Billick, who was calling the game. Vick went to the sideline, was examined by medical personnel, and returned just over five minutes later. The Eagles said Vick had dirt in his eye and the wind knocked out of him when there was no evidence either of those things were true.

Fletcher remembers that scene. "No question he was groggy from a hit," said Fletcher. "I called for the doctors immediately. Anyone could see it was a head injury."
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 pm

pup wrote:
McCoy's situation was not so different from what happened to Michael Vick in October. He was hit helmet to helmet by Washington safety LaRon Landry and was visibly stunned. "They're holding him up like a punch drunk boxer," said analyst Brian Billick, who was calling the game. Vick went to the sideline, was examined by medical personnel, and returned just over five minutes later. The Eagles said Vick had dirt in his eye and the wind knocked out of him when there was no evidence either of those things were true.

Fletcher remembers that scene. "No question he was groggy from a hit," said Fletcher. "I called for the doctors immediately. Anyone could see it was a head injury."

Jesus H. Tebow! Where was Vick's daddy to make a big stink?
Hikohadon

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:59 pm

If Tebow ever takes a hit like those and appears to be a bit groggy better get your lives in order b/c if his daddy decides to speak and take some action...
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Spin wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Spin wrote:
pup wrote:If he was not showing symptoms of a concussion, which is what THEY want you to believe, then they did the proper testing to make sure his hand was ok.

But "loss of consciousness" is a dead ringer. No pun intended.

Honest question - Anyone say he lost consciousness except Daddy Dearest?

Players said it was a complete loss of consciousness. From the video it was certainly a decreased level of consciousness.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/12/pat_shurmur_will_be_here_for_a.html

Greg Little was one of the first Browns to McCoy after Harrison's play. "He was just laying there, his eyes were open and everything," said Little. "He held his hand out to help him up, but I was like 'no, let's leave him down, because you don't know what's wrong with him.' But he was very alert."
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Evil Hiko,

Please stop ruining the witch hunt. We are enjoying it.

Regards,

Salem

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 pm

So Dr. Little recognized immediately something was wrong with him?

Nice. Good for him. He should have said something to someone though because not one of the 50+ players or 100+ sideline/coaches box/training/medical personnel saw McCoy get hit.

Little's the Zapruder in this.

I'm glad Little at least noticed McCoy was on the ground and on his back. I mean, that's tyoically the position you immediately resort to when you get in the hand, right?

Can we just say the organization fucked this up badly and then (still) lied up about it?

I'd be happy to let the fucking pathetic excuses go if we can all just agree they fucked up and then put William Hung out in front of everyone to sing about it Monday.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Who is William Hung?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
pup wrote:

Jail?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
pup wrote:

Jail?

That's got a shot.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:52 pm

peeker643 wrote:So Dr. Little recognized immediately something was wrong with him?

Nice. Good for him. He should have said something to someone though because not one of the 50+ players or 100+ sideline/coaches box/training/medical personnel saw McCoy get hit.

I'm glad Little at least noticed McCoy was on the ground and on his back. I mean, that's tyoically the position you immediately resort to when you get in the hand, right?

Can we just say the organization fucked this up badly and then (still) lied up about it?

I'd be happy to let the fucking pathetic excuses go if we can all just agree they fucked up and then put William Hung out in front of everyone to sing about it Monday.

It was insinuated by some, including Daddy Dearest, that Colt was knocked the fuck out. His eyes open and moving around seems to indicate otherwise. Even Dr. Little knows that.

We can (and will) say whatever we want. It doesn't mean it's the truth. The only alternate explanation I've gotten so far is that the doctors benched Colt after giving him a concussion test but he wandered around until Shurmur saw him and put him back in the game despite the concussion because Pat's old school (apparently just for QB's though; FB's and TE's have to sit out).

Might as well tell me that the Browns purposely put Colt back on the field despite his concussion and then lied about it because Mike Holmgren is made of wood and weighs the same as a duck.

I might buy a plausible alternate story (like what might've happened to cause them to have to make up this story and lie) if someone wants to present one. It seems more logical than just calling everyone liars.

In the end, I don't know what the truth is, and, frankly my dear I don't give a damn anymore. This story has begun to bore me.

Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who is William Hung?

I ain't holding your Shrek-like fucking hand when you walk down the hallways of my head, dipshit.

You either hang or you don't.

Now get to googling.

How's your day going, pal?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:So Dr. Little recognized immediately something was wrong with him?

It was insinuated by some, including Daddy Dearest, that Colt was knocked the fuck out. His eyes open and moving around seems to indicate otherwise. Even Dr. Little knows that.

We can (and will) say whatever we want. It doesn't mean it's the truth. The only alternate explanation I've gotten so far is that the doctors benched Colt after giving him a concussion test but he wandered around until Shurmur saw him and put him back in the game despite the concussion because Pat's old school (apparently just for QB's though; FB's and TE's have to sit out).

Might as well tell me that the Browns purposely put Colt back on the field despite his concussion and then lied about it because Mike Holmgren is made of wood and weighs the same as a duck.

I might buy a plausible alternate story (like what might've happened to cause them to have to make up this story and lie) if someone wants to present one. It seems more logical than just calling everyone liars.

In the end, I don't know what the truth is, and, frankly my dear I don't give a damn anymore. This story has begun to bore me.

Me too.

I just don't understand why they're dancing like like Bojangles all around it.

Add it to TE dives, punters punting with blown out disks, 9 guys on the field for some special team plays, etc and their body of work is impressive. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:40 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who is William Hung?

I ain't holding your Shrek-like fucking hand when you walk down the hallways of my head, dipshit.

You either hang or you don't.

Now get to googling.

How's your day going, pal?

Ok. I've never seen an episode of American Idol in my life. I didn't realize your head was filled with weird looking Asian guys who cannot sing for shit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm

I already exposed Peeker's Simon Cowell man-crush in the entertainment for months ago.

I think he likes his hair.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 pm

OK so...

Peeks has crush on Simon Cowell

e0y2e3 = Simon Cowell

Peeks has crush on e0y2e3

CDT doesn't like anyone.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Look, I have some very high quality locks, but even *I* can't claim to have as awesome a head of hair as Cowell.

IT NEVER MOVES.

Also, this discussion is what this Skip Bayless on 1st Take thread deserves.

Hair Bitches.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I like everyone..... except Persians, Macedonians, French, Bolivians, Finnish, Bulgarians, Lithuanians, Serbs, Belgians, Puerto Ricans, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, and those goddamn Kiwis.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I like everyone..... except Persians, Macedonians, French, Bolivians, Finnish, Bulgarians, Lithuanians, Serbs, Belgians, Puerto Ricans, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, and those goddamn Kiwis.

If you hate Macedonians you have to at least dislike people from Twinsburg as well.

I'm with you on the Irish, can't stand them sumbitches, and I am.

FUDU

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL