Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Boardwalk Empire

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 2

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Absolutely.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Govbarney wrote:Just watched it. ...great... Is it confirmed they are doing a third season?

Never thought I would see a show better than The Wire, I was wrong.

This show puts the sopranos at a distant 4th

Best HBO dramas
1) Boardwalk
2) The Wire
3)deadwood
4) Soprano's

Easy on the opium there, Gov.

I like Boardwalk. This season was decent. The finale was really good. I like boobs an all. But so far it he'll and gone from a show like the Wire.

Im not slamming it, but this really isn't very close.

It's gotta be the incest. That's really the only thing Boardwalk has done and done better than any of the other shows in question.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Govbarney wrote:Just watched it. ...great... Is it confirmed they are doing a third season?

Never thought I would see a show better than The Wire, I was wrong.

This show puts the sopranos at a distant 4th

Best HBO dramas
1) Boardwalk
2) The Wire
3)deadwood
4) Soprano's

Easy on the opium there, Gov.

I like Boardwalk. This season was decent. The finale was really good. I like boobs an all. But so far it he'll and gone from a show like the Wire.

Im not slamming it, but this really isn't very close.

It's gotta be the incest. That's really the only thing Boardwalk has done and done better than any of the other shows in question.

Incest can put any show over the top, that's why I started my letter writing campaign to the producers of 'Whitney'
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm

The incest angle was completely pointless.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Come on CDT, if they hadn't have actually boned on screen the two seasons worth of hints would have been for naught!!

Show saved me as a viewer with the finale. Now if they kill off a half dozen others we can really start talking.

Well, that and they never ever do another fucking dream sequence.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mitch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I was pretty impressed with the finale.

Watched it a second time, and the incest level makes a little more sense in showing what sent Jimmy circling down the drain.

I want to see Nucky continue to be an unapologetically ruthless bastard.

I want to see Margret fed into a wood chipper. I don't hate her as much as I hate Betty Draper...but she's getting in the same ballpark.

Sadly, Richard Harrow's only possible story line is to go out in a blaze of fuckedup glory. I agree that taking out Eli would be an excellent way to go.

Van Alden going to Cicero, IL will be a factor. That's where Capone first came to real power.

According to Winter, Season 3 will pick up 18 months after the conclusion of Season 2. So that means that Nucky and Margaret have patched through whatever fallout came from her giving the pedophile...er...priest the dead to the land.

Manny is going nowhere, if they stick to history. The real Manny lived into the 40s or 50s.

BTW...with Jimmy being one of the few purely fictional characters, it's not really that surprising that he bought it.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

Part of me expects next season to open with four episodes of Polio girl learning to walk recap combined with a backstory on wherever the hell that whore Lucy went.

Gawdamn Winter, so good at times and so damn boring at others.

That finale was awesome and showed actual balls, vision and creativity (aside from retelling Oedipus set in Atlantic City, that was just kind silly).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:58 am

I think Harrow will end up on junk. He's going to blame himself of Jimmy's death and he has ready access to it from his ties to Lansky and Luciano.

The scene where they force Neary to draft that letter was excellent, then when they returned to the scene from the angle behind Neery's blown out skull..... that shit was pretty graphic.

Season 3 is going to have to bring in Dion O'Banion. His conflict with Torrio led to Capone's rise to power of the South Side gang.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mitch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Season 3 is going to have to bring in Dion O'Banion. His conflict with Torrio led to Capone's rise to power of the South Side gang.

I have heard that O'Banion is to be brought onboard in Season 3.
mitch

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm

bump
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

DVR'd it last night, will try to watch tonight. Hoping Season 2 is essentially one Capone killing spree after another, but I'm realistic in the sense that there would need to be a ramp-up for that. Just hoping it doesn't take too long.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Very good start last night.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

Loved the episode. Harrow is still badass and I love the direction Van Alden's character is going.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mitch » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Great start.

Interesting for me in one way. The girl playing Billie Kent, Meg Steedle, is a local girl from here in Greensboro, and there are a lot of people here that I used to do theater with who have worked with her, including a good friend who was her high school drama teacher.

She was pretty awesome in the first show...and a hell of a lot more interesting than Margaret (Kelly MacDonald) is now...but it's a little weird seeing someone you know from when she was 17 getting nekkid on HBO.

Outside of that, I love that they've made Nucky so badass now. I'm also hoping that Van Alden becomes a hood with O'Bannion, because I don't really like him as a sadsack loser.

And Harrow is still the moral center of this show. Love him blowing Manny's head off at the start of the season, after you could see how upset he still is from Angela's murder.
mitch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm curious to know how Harrow knew when Manny was leaving. He killed the driver so he obviously knew what Manny was going to do that hit.

Sad to see Manny go, Forsythe played him so well.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 am

Another good episode last night. More of a table-setter for things to come, especially with Rosetti (who is going to be a great addition to the series). Glad to see the return of Chalky, although I do worry that the disconnect is growing with him in terms of the main storyline of the show. The further Nucky moves away from the political arena, the less reason we have to see Chalky flex his muscle.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Another good episode last night. More of a table-setter for things to come, especially with Rosetti (who is going to be a great addition to the series). Glad to see the return of Chalky, although I do worry that the disconnect is growing with him in terms of the main storyline of the show. The further Nucky moves away from the political arena, the less reason we have to see Chalky flex his muscle.

My hunch is they'll find a way to tie it all back in.

Speaking of Rosetti: "You got a gun. Hey, I got a gun. He's got a gun. Everybody's a got a gun."

Best line of the night. The only question now is if Rosetti is toast at the end of this season, or if they pull a Ralphie and whack him when you're least expecting it sometime in the fourth season. (I'm hoping on the latter)
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 pm

The Gyp Rosetti character is outstanding. Great start to season 3.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Epic Nucky/Gyp Rosetti feud lined up for this season.

Think its safe to say that burning the sheriff alive is a sign that Gyp isn't gonna take his liquor and head back to NY.

Be interesting to see if Gyp can get to Jimmy's mom and/or half/face.

Great start to this season.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 pm

swerb wrote:Epic Nucky/Gyp Rosetti feud lined up for this season.

Think its safe to say that burning the sheriff alive is a sign that Gyp isn't gonna take his liquor and head back to NY.

Be interesting to see if Gyp can get to Jimmy's mom and/or half/face.

Great start to this season.

I see Gyp stopping at nothing less than making a play for AC.

Owen is a bit character this season. I see Gyp taking him out and Nukkie having to turn to Ely for help.

I love Mickey Doyle.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, the Mickey Doyle character is a classic.

And Gyp is definitely gunning for AC this season. I agree, he takes out Owen and Eli has to decide which side he takes. I love the Eli character as well. Dude is a great actor.

So many great characters. Nucky, Gyp, Doyle, Eli, Harrow, Van Alden, Chalky, Capone, Luciano, Rothstein.

Excellent show. Really enjoying it. This season is off to a quick start and is going to be loaded with killings, plot twists, backstabbing, and fireworks.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Rothstein's phone call with Mickey...hilarious
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm

This show has gone from good to very good to great.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:51 am

After tonight, I think while Owen is still the main security guy...Nucky may think about hiring Harrow as an "Independent Contractor" to solve his Gyp problem.

/Agree with Swerb...it's reached great level. I haven't watched Breaking Bad, and I think GOT is also "great", but BE is fastest hour I spend each week. I find myself looking at the clock and going, "Shit...there's only 18 minutes left." And it's a nice way to reset my mood after spending the day pissed about SHUR.

//WE need to hire Harrow, to take care of SHUR.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 am

My only problem with the show at the moment is the way the writers have handled Rosetti and "created" this new conflict for next week between Nucky and Rothstein.

Here's why:
End of Season Two, Nucky goes "Full Gangster," which means Rosetti SHOULD have been taken care of last week, instead of just being bought off. This plotline would have worked a lot better prior to Nucky killing Darmody because he was only "half gangster."

Rothstein also should have had Lucky take out Rosetti by now. I understand the "nuts and bolts" of what they're doing, but from a storyline perspective, it has been problematic and feels a bit forced.

It almost feels like Nucky killed Rowland as an apology to the fans for not killing Rosetti. (I thought Owen was going to kill Rowland to "prove" something)

That being said, Rosetti is too freakin' fun to kill yet. My hunch is he becomes the Ralph Ciferetto character of this series where you believe he should be killed at least two or three times this season but he somehow lives before getting whacked in a completely unexpected way in Season Four.

Couldn't agree more on Harrow working for Nucky, it's the only logical move for his character at this point, otherwise there's nothing for him to do. Conversely, Jimmy's mom will be dead by the end of this season. There's just no point for her character anymore now that Jimmy and the Commodore are both dead. The few scenes she's been in all have felt "Forced."

I can't wait for Van Alden to just crack again, it's coming.
justmebd

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 am

Great post justmebd. Agree with pretty much all of it.

Nucky killing Rowland to me was totally his guilt over the mistake of not killing Gyp when he had him in AC. Were several moments in that episode where they went out of the way to show that Nucky knew that their handshake agreement would never hold and that Gyp would continue to cause him problems. And also to show Owen that he means business. Nucky needs Owen more than ever now, and he knows it. Sending a message to him along those lines as well. Killing Rowland (who was looking like he was gonna end up a Nucky capo) also opens the door for him to bring Harrow in the mix to take care of Gyp.

This show right now is as good as anything ever in my opinion. Gripping TV with super rich characters. Led by the Rosetti character, which is a great character. I agree with justmebd ... this guy ain't going anywhere ... he is too good to kill off even at the end of this season.

Also saw this weekend, HBO just inked this show for a 4th season.

With this show and Homeland running at the same time, Sunday nights are back in a way they haven't been since the Sopranos/Wire days.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 pm

The Capone scenes were awesome. Setting up the war with O'Bannion very slowly, like a smoldering fuse.

Need more Chalky though.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Capone scenes were awesome. Setting up the war with O'Bannion very slowly, like a smoldering fuse.

Need more Chalky though.

The guy playing Capone is awesome. The scene with his son. And then when he went Billy Batts on that guy in the bar.

The guy playing Luciano as well. Gyp's next target next week.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 pm

swerb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Capone scenes were awesome. Setting up the war with O'Bannion very slowly, like a smoldering fuse.

Need more Chalky though.

The guy playing Capone is awesome. The scene with his son. And then when he went Billy Batts on that guy in the bar.

The guy playing Luciano as well. Gyp's next target next week.

Capone's devotion to his son was legendary. The casting might be the best since Deadwood.

The downside is my DVR cuts off the preview for the next week sometimes.

And I agree, Harrow might be Nucky's ace in the hole for dealing with Gyp. Gyp being the best antagonist since Ralph. I don't think they kill him off this season either, he's such a strong character.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 pm

swerb wrote:
With this show and Homeland running at the same time, Sunday nights are back in a way they haven't been since the Sopranos/Wire days.

Truth.

Nucky shooting the kid was a bit of a surprise, but a solid move. Owen is on notice, and Harrow is on his was back in as a major player.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 pm

For those of you who don't read AVClub, a very interesting piece about Season Two.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dabney-c ... alk,86379/
justmebd

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Damn.

Stakes raised. Previews not very revealing for next week.

This show is great.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

And every single question I raised about Rosetti was answered in the first five minutes.

It's like the writers were reading this board.

Great, great episode.
justmebd

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Rosetti is officially Ralph.

Harrow could solve the Rosetti problem with one bullet from 1,000 yards away.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Rosetti is officially Ralph.

Harrow could solve the Rosetti problem with one bullet from 1,000 yards away.

I know what you mean but i don't know what that means.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 pm

The realism of the paperboy getting blasted in the forehead at point blank range was crazy. Would love to know the mechanics of how they filmed that shot.

That whole scene was nuts. Gyp using the hooker as a human shield. The kid lighting up everyone but Gyp (how does that happen?). Gyp's half choked out shocked naked walk through the house after everything went down.

Great stuff.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

swerb wrote:The realism of the paperboy getting blasted in the forehead at point blank range was crazy. Would love to know the mechanics of how they filmed that shot.

That whole scene was nuts. Gyp using the hooker as a human shield. The kid lighting up everyone but Gyp (how does that happen?). Gyp's half choked out shocked naked walk through the house after everything went down.

Great stuff.

Van Alden marrying a Freakin' Valkyrie. This followed by, "I need to dispose of a body."

Eddie Cantor. That is all.

I just want to watch every scene with Stephen Root over and over
justmebd

Unread postby mitch » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am

Strange season so far.

I think it's been very good, but it's also gotten to the point that Nucky is so bad assed that he's not very sympathetic anymore...much less so than Tony Soprano ever was.

Hopefully, the new, nasty Nucky ends up shooting Margaret and getting her out of our misery (but spare Slater).

We need more Van Alden as a new hood...more Capone...more Chalky...and more Richard Harrow (looks like he may be getting a love interest; good move).

Not sure what's up with Gillian and her boinking the guy that has the same ugly haircut that Jimmy had. About 8 levels of "ick" on that one (somewhat made up for by seeing Gretchen Mol naked again). I'm thinking she has him whacked, and then passes him off as "Jimmy's Body" to allow her to get the house in her name.
mitch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:08 pm

How is Nucky gonna pull out of this one?

Setting up for a phenomenal final 3 episodes. :guns:

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 am

swerb wrote:How is Nucky gonna pull out of this one?

I'm now starting to doubt Rosetti will survive the season. I'm running scenarios in my head, and none of them allow Rosetti to survive.
justmebd

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am

justmebd wrote:

I'm now starting to doubt Rosetti will survive the season. I'm running scenarios in my head, and none of them allow Rosetti to survive.

It does seem more unlikely. I see no scenario where Nucky doesn't take out one of the two paizans in these last three episodes. And I don't see it being Joe Masseria that gets offed.

The Gyp character is outstanding though. The clothes, the facial expressions, the sayings ... "I can be flexible." "Not for long ..."

I see Eli being the hero for Nucky to get him through this season. Be interesting to see which way Rothstein goes. Luciano, with the Italian heritage and the meeting from 3-4 episodes back with Joe M. Sides get divided up these next three episodes.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Eli is gonna come up big somehow.

It is also possible that the series finally ties together east coast and midwest. Where else is Nucky gonna get the fire power? Remember? He got Mellon's distillery and was talking about new markets to the west. Didn't Remus supply capone? The last time we saw Capone I had a supsipcion him and Deaney were gonna scheme to take over Chicago from the old Don. Just a gut. History shows it has to happen some time.

Just some links of interest in trying to make predictions:

Nucky is based on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_L._Johnson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Rothstein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Masseria

On April 15, 1931, Joe Masseria was assassinated at one of his favorite restaurants, Nuova Villa Tammaro in Coney Island.[3][4]

Gangland legend has it that Masseria dined with Charles "Lucky" Luciano before his death.[4] While they played cards, Luciano excused himself to the bathroom, when Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia and Joe Adonis rushed in and shot Masseria to death, his four bodyguards having mysteriously disappeared. The New York Daily News reported that the boss died "with the ace of spades, the death card, clutched in a bejeweled paw."[4]

We're only in the 20's still, but maybe they take license?

Slater and Maggi seemingly busted in the previews. Ohhhhhhh!!!! Chilllleeeed!!!!!
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm surprised Rothstein and Luciano didn't back Nucky. They were targets in the same bombing.

It's also the point on Torrio's career where he's starting to think about getting out. He's basically allowing Capone to try the boss' shoes on.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 pm

I missed the previews for next week. Was Capone shown?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm

swerb wrote:I missed the previews for next week. Was Capone shown?

I believe he was.
justmebd

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

jb wrote:

It is also possible that the series finally ties together east coast and midwest. Where else is Nucky gonna get the fire power? Remember? He got Mellon's distillery and was talking about new markets to the west. Didn't Remus supply capone? The last time we saw Capone I had a supsipcion him and Deaney were gonna scheme to take over Chicago from the old Don. Just a gut. History shows it has to happen some time.

On April 15, 1931, Joe Masseria was assassinated at one of his favorite restaurants, Nuova Villa Tammaro in Coney Island.[3][4]

Gangland legend has it that Masseria dined with Charles "Lucky" Luciano before his death.[4] While they played cards, Luciano excused himself to the bathroom, when Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia and Joe Adonis rushed in and shot Masseria to death, his four bodyguards having mysteriously disappeared. The New York Daily News reported that the boss died "with the ace of spades, the death card, clutched in a bejeweled paw."[4]

Slater and Maggi seemingly busted in the previews. Ohhhhhhh!!!! Chilllleeeed!!!!!

I doubt the show takes license with the real gangsters as far as their deaths are concerned. There's plenty going on right now with the "real life" events to keep the show occupied. I won't spoil, but one of the gangsters is due to get killed to match his real life execution, a certain major political figure also suffers his final fate, and Remus does continue to play into the current plotline.
justmebd

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 am

I really hope they follow the Remus storyline to its ultimate and extremely bizarre conclusion. Nobody will believe it really went down that way. It's really stranger than fiction.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm

justmebd wrote:
jb wrote:

I doubt the show takes license with the real gangsters as far as their deaths are concerned. There's plenty going on right now with the "real life" events to keep the show occupied. I won't spoil, but one of the gangsters is due to get killed to match his real life execution, a certain major political figure also suffers his final fate, and Remus does continue to play into the current plotline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_O'Banion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Remus
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

There is an internets rumor Rosetti is bsed on Albert "Mad Hatter" Anastasia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Anastasia
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 pm

He looks like Anastasia, but if they were going to bring in AA, why not just call him by his actual name and not a made up character.

Anastasia was in charge of Murder Inc and a legitimate psychopath.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture