Text Size

College Sports Arena

Consolidated 2012 Recruiting Post

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Consolidated Recruiting Post

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, if Southward really is taking this official to Florida don't be surprised if he gets dropped from the class according to Greene.

I'm sure Meyer's message to Dunn..."we really don't want you making that trip to our rival school...", got through to Southward. Maybe Urban feels like he can do better than Southward right now?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 pm

If Southward gets dropped I will not cry. Nice player, but frankly there are better players that are in play right now.

Here is how I rank tOSU's current 2012 WR recruits:

Michael Thomas
Ricquan Southward
Frank E.
Roger Lewis

Right now tOSU is chasing:
Stefon Diggs
Joel Caleb
Davonte Neal
Cyrus Jones

all of whom I prefer to Thomas. I think they land at least one maybe two of that group. If they had the spots then I would actually say that they would have a decent shot of landing 3 (Caleb, Neal and Jones). Diggs is the best of the group, but I think the Bucks are coming from too far behind.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Alot of good sources well connected to the high profile services are calling Spence to tOSU a done deal. Not sure if he will announce before the UA Game. I kind of hope he announces there. Nice to get a high profile commit during the big game.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 am

furls wrote:Let me be very clear on Dunn.... in some of the responses above I think some folks misinterpreted my stance on him.

I never had an issue with him per se, the issue was more with what else could we get with the scholarship, when they are so tight this year. I think we are going to have to tell some very talented guys at positions of greater need that we are full. Definitely not a wasted scholarship.

That's probably because you said above you were hopeful he went somewhere else (anywhere, pretty much, as long as it wan't UM)

That post, followed by this one, is what makes me crazy about you guys. . I love ya all. Ridiculous respect for you, Furls, for a lot of reasons.

But some of you guys make me crazy. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:38 pm

furls wrote:Let me be very clear on Dunn.... in some of the responses above I think some folks misinterpreted my stance on him.

I think he is good, not amazing back. He is not a top shelf guy from what I can tell. He is a brute at the HS level and that is how he makes the majority of his headway. He doesn't have the quick feet of an elite back, nor the top gear that Chris Wells had. I have heard lots of questionable things about his character. That was the bad.

The good: He is better than any back on scUMs roster and he is better than any other back they could bring in for 2012. Depriving scUM of his services is huge, he meant much more to them than he did to us. He is very tough, he is literally a 30-35 carry per game back and he always falls forward. I think he is a tougher version of Carlos Hyde with maybe a little less speed. I don't think he will be a back that we tell stories about in 10 years, but he will contribute.

I never had an issue with him per se, the issue was more with what else could we get with the scholarship, when they are so tight this year. I think we are going to have to tell some very talented guys at positions of greater need that we are full. Definitely not a wasted scholarship.

Oh we are clear Furls, and in agreement for most of that. I was not commenting on your opinion as much as I was the topic of whether the Bucks would be better off without Dunn in this class, which has been a pretty hot topic on OSU boards since Meyer was hired.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

man, how about J Winston coming up to visit from alabama? Some have him as the top QB in the nation.

Meyer is a rock star
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm

This is terrific.

And the work product is good too ;-) ;) :wink:

http://bit.ly/txPHr0

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Is every writer at 11W a goddamn Persian?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Is every writer at 11W a goddamn Persian?

You see her? Who cares...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Is every writer at 11W a goddamn Persian?

You see her? Who cares...

No. But i've seen 300.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 pm

A day after ESPN independantly confirmed that Cyrus Jones was supposed to come up with highly touted junior teammate Henry Poogie apparently (per 24/7) Jones has cancelled the visit with no intention to revist.

Looks like Urban was used as leverage and we have our first pretty big loss.

I really want to land one of the athletes out of Neal, Diggs and Jones and Diggs isn't looking very good either.

Caleb is the back-up plan to these guys, but is much more of a pure WR than any of the others.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 pm

I like Caleb. He is a better WR prospect than any others we currently have for 2012.

Neal is supposed to like tOSU a lot.

Pretty strong rumors about Camren Williams (PSU recruit that drove in at night earlier this week). Not done deal type rumors, but pretty strong rumors out of PSU land that he will be an OSU LB>

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 am

Furls do you have anything recent with him actually playing WR? All I see are QB highlights. Either way I agree, Southward's commitment was sort of annoying to me to be honest, we had so few scholly and he jumps on like a day before UM is hired....I dunno, could be wrong, but I dont see a whole lot there.

I dont really like much about the WR group we have now, and it isn't about thier rankings, Spencer and Smith had very low ratings last season but you could look at thier highlights and see they were underated. I remember really liking those guys as commits last year.

PSU Land is probably pretty paranoid right now, but the bottom line is I think they are done once they get rid of Johnson, or he'll flip if they keep dragging this process out.

I wish we were getting Diggs and Marcus here this weekend.

E0 what are you talking about "leverage"? Did Jones have some midget cousin looking for a scholly, folks need to be set up with new digs?
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 am

Threatening vistit to school A to get school B to give you a hand-job? You know, like happens all the time.

I mean it's awfully clear that Saban demanded a non-visit to OSU and that he magically is supposedly a silent Bama commit now.

"I want to hear really, really nice things from Nick Saban and I want to hear them now"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:58 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Threatening vistit to school A to get school B to give you a hand-job? You know, like happens all the time.

I mean it's awfully clear that Saban demanded a non-visit to OSU and that he magically is supposedly a silent Bama commit now.

"I want to hear really, really nice things from Nick Saban and I want to hear them now"

Usually its the things I listed from what I've seen....a job for a family member, a scholly for a kid that wouldn't otherwise get a sniff from XYZ school.....

Not doubting what you are saying in general, just saying usually its leveraged for a bit more than sweet nothings in your ears...
JCoz

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 am

Joey O'Connor - OL from Colorado is supposedly coming in for an official visit on January 13th per 247 sports. Have heard he's an OG/RT candidate and he was originally verballed to PSU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joey-OConnor-11023?pi=6115
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:59 am

Q: Why did Cyrus cancel on us?

A: No reason. He just likes doin stuff like that.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 pm

JCoz wrote:Furls do you have anything recent with him actually playing WR? All I see are QB highlights. Either way I agree, Southward's commitment was sort of annoying to me to be honest, we had so few scholly and he jumps on like a day before UM is hired....I dunno, could be wrong, but I dont see a whole lot there.

I dont really like much about the WR group we have now, and it isn't about thier rankings, Spencer and Smith had very low ratings last season but you could look at thier highlights and see they were underated. I remember really liking those guys as commits last year.

PSU Land is probably pretty paranoid right now, but the bottom line is I think they are done once they get rid of Johnson, or he'll flip if they keep dragging this process out.

I wish we were getting Diggs and Marcus here this weekend.

E0 what are you talking about "leverage"? Did Jones have some midget cousin looking for a scholly, folks need to be set up with new digs?

Nope, I don't. I am concerned about his hands, we have enough athletes on this team that cannot catch, and I have no idea how well he catches. My understanding of Caleb is that he would be either a WR or a "change of pace" guy out of the backfield. He is definitely a smooth athlete.

As for Diggs, I always thought he was a low probability guy. I still have hope for Marcus. I like Williams alot, though and I think we will get him (I think Marcus will be one hell of a player in NCAA and prefer him to Williams).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Joey O'Connor is a good player and would be a great addition to the class. He reminds me of Mewhort.... alot (little shorter, but has long arms). I think he will either be a very quick guard or a serviceable tackle. He is a versatile athlete and I think the day he signs he would pass all of last year's OL haul on the depth chart (except maybe Bobek).

The timing is interesting and I wonder if it says something about whether or not Meyer expects to get Diamond or Dodson. I don't want to read to far into the tea leaves, but that could be telling. Diamond is taking a couple of visits, but I still like him to tOSU from all that I have read. Dodson is still weighing his options, but I have heard nothing but good things about his odds of flipping to tOSU.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 pm

IMO, if the three right linemen show up three are taken.

Dodson is looking really close to committing and Diamond, well, yeah that's still a 60-40 IMO.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm

If I were Meyer, I would grab the next LB to commit, Spence and then fill the entire rest of the class with OL.

If there is room, I would take Dodson, Davidson, Kozan, O'Connor and Diamond. You figure out of those five guys, one can probably contribute significantly next year. One will be ready the year after. One will be a 2 year starter (late bloomer) and the rest will "depth."

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Pretty funny piece with B1G coaches recruiting the Next Big Thing...

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2011/12/ ... 1g-coaches
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:36 pm

updated

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Didn't even wait til Under Armour game:

Eleven Warriors @elevenwarriors 6m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
W00t! RT @BobLichtenfels Five Star NOAH SPENCE to Urban: "Coach I'm done, love it here and I want to be a part of the Buckeye Nation"

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Confirmed it on his twitter account.

Noah Spence
@nspence94 Noah Spence
Ohio State buckeye nation lets go!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:45 pm

How is that for some crazy shit. A month ago tOSU had 0 DL recruits and Buckeye fans that follow recruiting were moping because they missed out on most of what was considered the best OHSAA DL class in years.

Buckeyes had missed out on:

-Chris Wormley (scUM)
-LaTroy Lewis (Tenn)
-SeVon Pittman (MSU)
-Greg McMullen (Nebraska)
-Tom Strobel

The only remaining recruit was Adolphus Washington who was rumored to be a heavy tOSU lean. Even Washington was rumored to be a 'Bama lean.

Now tOSU has commits from the #1, #3 and #8 DE's in the country in Spence, Washington and Pittman. Oh yeah, and the #5 DT in country. To be honest, I wouldn't let any of the other guys in this class even if they wanted to come.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Yup, awesome.

This is the best rated DL haul I've ever seen at OSU in 10 years of paying close attention.

Funny thing is.......

Last year was the 2nd best.

#5 WDE last season, #1&#2 this season....I think we have some sacks coming to us.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:47 pm

JCoz

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm

JCoz wrote:Yup, awesome.

This is the best rated DL haul I've ever seen at OSU in 10 years of paying close attention.

Funny thing is.......

Last year was the 2nd best.

#5 WDE last season, #1&#2 this season....I think we have some sacks coming to us.

Then you have all the bowl practice rumors about how well Steve Miller and Kenny Hayes are doing, and it begs the question.... do you really want Nate Williams back? I don't. We know what he is, a 5th year senior how was usually 1/2 a step to late as a pass rusher and not quite fast enough in coverage during a zone blitz. All he will do next year is compete with players who have much higher ceilings for reps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I love Zaire, he is a very good QB (who can also run the ball), not the opposite.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:57 pm

In a heavy rotation I'd like to have him back....one thing I seem to be VERY consistant with is expecting Dlineman to be impact players a year too early...I mean REAL consistant, so I'll take the experienced hand.Might not be real, but I'm telling you, every time I expect big things from a Dlineman, it either is a year too early or never happens at all, and yes I'm still factoring in the bowl practice reports.

Nate never had two guys like Simon and Hankins will be in 2012 opposite him to draw more attention. I think he has the potential to have a good senior season. I dont know. We could have worse guys come back for a 6th year I'd think.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:01 pm

furls wrote:

I love Zaire, he is a very good QB (who can also run the ball), not the opposite.

Agreed, Zaire, Marshall, and Green would be a hell of a skill postion haul and I know that wouldnt be the end in 2012....
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

I guess. Next year's schedule is pretty soft, and tOSU has a realistic shot at running their regular season schedule. Having the vet would be good as this team should be poised to make a run. 2013 looks much better though.

Keep in mind that Williams is trying to come back from microfracture surgery in a little less than a year. I am not sure he will be able to jog let alone get to the passer faster than he did in 2010.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:05 pm

furls wrote:I guess. Next year's schedule is pretty soft, and tOSU has a realistic shot at running their regular season schedule. Having the vet would be good as this team should be poised to make a run. 2013 looks much better though.

Keep in mind that Williams is trying to come back from microfracture surgery in a little less than a year. I am not sure he will be able to jog let alone get to the passer faster than he did in 2010.

Yah furls, I agree, and with how Moeller, one of my favorite players on this team, never came back, thats a real downer.

But actually now that you mention it, I didnt know it was microfracture surgery. Thats a bit different....
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:06 pm

I just really, really want to see John Simon move back inside to one gap, 3 Tech DT. I feel like he is most effective inside. I really don't even like him at SSDE. He plays it will but it doesn't capitalize on what he is.... a guy that is as strong as a DT (stronger actually) but MUCH MUCH MUCH quicker. I am not sure about Big Hank as an NT though. He does not play much man up 1Tech or 0 tech 2 gap. I think he could, but would that take away from what he is? His future in the NFL is as a 2 gapper.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:13 pm

I just texted my buddy Brian and asked him what he thought of what's happening in Columbus. His response:

"OSU fell in a barrel of dicks and came out with a tit in it's mouth."
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Updated the initial post to reflect Spence's commitment.

If Meyer can finish with 2 of Dodson, Diamond and O'Connor this will be an amazing finish to a very strong class.

I think he will also add a LB, the only one I am really pumped up about is Marcus. I can't get really excited about Williams after seeing Marcus' film.

I think he will get an "athlete" as well, it will be one of Caleb or Neal.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:18 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I just texted my buddy Brian and asked him what he thought of what's happening in Columbus. His response:

Urban Meyer is the right guy at the right time. This is the perfect storm for Buckeye fans. Man, it must really suck for scUM fans. They make a great hire in Hoke, a guy that clearly gets what it means to be a scUM coach, and tOSU makes a better hire. A guy that clearly knows what it takes to win the SEC and NCAA.

On the plus side for scUM, and one of my growing concerns.... Meyer will get a lot of national recruits. Some hit and some miss, but there will be a lot more leftovers in the state of Ohio now for Hoke. That scares me.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I just texted my buddy Brian and asked him what he thought of what's happening in Columbus. His response:

He probably had that in his head from that B1G coaches recruiting link/thread I posted, did you read that? If you pay decent attention to the B1G then its fuckin hilarious...
JCoz

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 pm

I did see that, Coz, and it was hilarious. It read like it was written by an OSU fan ...with Urban Meyer coming in at the end to kick ass.

and it is a great fucking line

Edit: I didn't know you had posted that like a week ago, Coz...just got around to it yesterday

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

How amazing is it that Meyer has signed more 5-star recruits in 3 weeks than Michigan has in three years?

Washington, Spence, Dunn, Schutt (not crediting UM with all four, but it's 3 this week, if you count salvaging Dunn)

Four 5-stars in the class right now, and with the 4-stars like Pittman, Devan Bogard, Najee Murray, Mike Thomas, Warren Ball, and Josh Perry, this class is starting to look really, really good. And that doesn't even count Cardale Jones or Frank E., both of whom I think are sleepers.

danwismar

Unread postby pup » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:22 pm

I remember a time when people on this board said they would never fire Tressel if Urban was interested.

I wish I remembered who they all were :lmfao:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 pm

No longer is it Spence will commit, Spence is committed.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:00 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

furls wrote:On the plus side for scUM, and one of my growing concerns.... Meyer will get a lot of national recruits. Some hit and some miss, but there will be a lot more leftovers in the state of Ohio now for Hoke. That scares me.

That's my biggest concern as well, and something we saw under Cooper. Not only are there more leftovers for Hoke to pick from, but when those guys switch sides they still understand the rivalry and they have the revenge factor as well. While we're left with a roster full of all americans that grew up in the sunshine and don't know what the game means.

Of course, the big difference is that Urban Meyer knows about the game and I think he'll do a better job of locking in Ohio's best players, but the worry is still there.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby furls » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:21 am

Tressel was very good to tOSU. If he had used better subordinates it is scary how much better an already great run could have been. If there is one thing that we have learned since Tressel's firing it is that his staff sucked, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

Meyer is a night and day difference that I never knew I would prefer. I will admit that I bought into the "moral high-ground, aww shucks JT." It was nice to live in a fantasy world where tOSU football was different than the rest of the scummy world of high stakes NCAA ball. Once you accept the fact that college football is a cess-pool, always has been and always will be, then you want the best tactician. That is Meyer/Saban and those of their ilk.

I have no information that Meyer is dirty, nor do I have any reason to believe that he is, but at this point, I really don't care. The system is disgusting. Every week the NCAA proves that its sole purpose is to make itself money and preserve the "labor practices" that have made it a multibillion dollar industry.

Pup, I really do enjoy how you like to pop up every once in a while and rub every person that liked Tressel's face in his inadequacies. Its pretty cool. Like him or not, he is responsible for the single greatest ten year period in tOSU football. I don't remember a single person on this board lauding his gameday coaching acumen, nor his ability to close on big name recruits late in the season.

Most Tressel fans, myself included, liked the fact that he quietly paraded his "student athletes" around the James Cancer Center to visit kids with cancer, that he took them, without media attention to VA hospitals to visit, WIA veterans. Those were the things I liked, in all honesty, I couldn't care less if Meyer does that. I couldn't care less if Meyer gives every signee a fucking Lexus on signing day. I just want him to win games because all programs are dirty and once you peel back the layers on the onion and find the problems, nothing you did matters. The only thing that matters is whether you got caught.

The best thing that a school can do is completely stone the NCAA. Tell them to go fuck themselves and give them only what they specifically ask for, treat them like your local district attorney. They have no investigative power, no subpoena power and they realize that they only exist because big schools like USC, OSU, ND, etc. allows it to exist. In short, treat the NCAA like the SEC does and you have nothing to worry about because they can't get the evidence on their own.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 am

furls wrote:On the plus side for scUM, and one of my growing concerns.... Meyer will get a lot of national recruits. Some hit and some miss, but there will be a lot more leftovers in the state of Ohio now for Hoke. That scares me.

This was something I've been thinking about for a while, but really for the last 7-8 years there hasn't been less than 40% of our classes coming from out of state, so I'm thinking in reality we will probably only be talking about 2-3 recruits a year more that could be available to MSU/UM/NE/PSU/UW.....

I think it will not impact as much as I originally thought.What may have more impact is if WR's and RB's that we WANT go to UM because of the difference in offense as UM moves towards a prostyle set...
JCoz

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

Furls - I liked JT. A lot. Especially for some of the things you mention. Remember, I once wrote an article on this site asking for Randy Lerner to give Tress whatever it took to coach the Browns.

I was speaking about a certain exchange when people wanted Tress fired for being too conservative. Someone asked who would we replace him with. I said the ONLY person to even consider firing Tress for was Urban. And cats went bat shit nuts with not wanting Urban.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Oh absolutely Pup.

"Urban Liar!!!!!" was an OSU rally-cry from 2006 forward. The fans went nuts about the Floyd dream thing too. He was too slimy for OSU, etc....

A LOT of hypocrites out there right now. Like 75+% of the fanbase.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

To be fair I think Meyer isn't a guy you are going to like much unless he's on your side. I certainly have made comments about his players getting in trouble like Rainey, and his recruiting tactics.

Course none of those feelings have changed, he's just on our side of the field now. I always respectted him as a coach.

Pup I did a quick search for the thread you are talking about but only found one titled "Tressel under fire" where firing Tress and Hiring Meyer is brought up and there isn't anyone opposed to Meyer in that thread, more turned into a debate on whether he would come to OSU or leave UF.
JCoz

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena