Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Practical joke "gone wrong"

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Practical joke "gone wrong"

Unread postby Spin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 am

Here's one you might like.

I'm the trainer for a local college hockey team, and between periods I sit in the penalty box, where either team can find me if they need something taped, appendages reattached, whatever. The team was raffling off an autographed portrait of Rick Nash. Last homestand it was an autographed BJ jersey. I went all-in on that one.

Anyway, the announcer sits between the boxes, and as I shuffle across the ice and take my seat, he asks me what this ticket is for someone just handed him. I said "They're raffling off an autographed Steve Nash portrait. So he announces "The winner of the autographed Steve Nash picture is #######". I hear some chuckles from the crowd behind me and think nothing more of it.

Later he comes crawling out of the referee's locker room, says he went in there to take a leak and they nut sacked him for not knowing the first thing about hockey.

I was laughing so hard I don't know how I made it back across the ice to the benches...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Return to The Neutral Zone