Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

I have a dream that I wake up in the morning and find out Mark Cuban has bought the team and vowed that Cleveland fans will win at least eight Super Bowls at the expense of the Pittsburgh Steelers, who will be left crying in their IC Light.

A new era dawns in Cleveland with competent management and a winning culture free of personal agendas overseen by an owner who cares and demands results.

Then I wake up, the room is cold, the wife denies me morning sex, and I still have to go to work and put up with a bunch of complete idiots.

Reality bites.

Go Browns.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby MOSER » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

It truly is "A FACTORY OF SADNESS".
Go BUCKEYES, INDIANS, BROWNS, and CAVS
User avatar
MOSER
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 am
Favorite Player: Cory Snyder
Least Favorite Player: Elway

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Brownsnation09 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:52 pm

"An owner who cares and demands results", Wow what a dream. What is the best way to get Lerner out of here? I have just stopped caring about this horrendous team and haven't spent a dime on this garbage product. I to share your dreams, but the reality is, with Lerner here, this franchise will stink and go nowhere. Refer to every season post "99"
Brownsnation09
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 am
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 pm

"I think it's fair to start wondering how long Mike Holmgren is going to hang around in Cleveland if this is all the Browns are capable of producing. Just more of the same mediocre football, year after frustrating year. Honest answer, Browns fans: Were 1996-97-98, the years Cleveland had no NFL team, much, much worse than the ensuing 13 seasons?" -Don Banks SI Power Football Rankings :bag:
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:"I think it's fair to start wondering how long Mike Holmgren is going to hang around in Cleveland if this is all the Browns are capable of producing. Just more of the same mediocre football, year after frustrating year. Honest answer, Browns fans: Were 1996-97-98, the years Cleveland had no NFL team, much, much worse than the ensuing 13 seasons?" -Don Banks SI Power Football Rankings :bag:


What chance did he really have?

An open check book, an enabling and adoring fan base, the access to high draft picks, filling the organization with his hand-picked hires, nowhere to go but up, an absentee owner who washed his hands of things after hiring him....

Fuck Mike Holmgren in the face if he doesn't want to 'hang around'. He can suck a dick if that's the case.

Seriously. Fuck him.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22662
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 pm

I think that was a pretty asanine quote by Banks. Apparently he thinks Holmgren shouldn't be held accountable for his mistakes and should leave town as a failure.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby General » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 am

The Browns are an irrelevant franchise in the NFL.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

I think it's fair to start wondering how long Mike Holmgren is going to hang around in Cleveland if this is all the Browns are capable of producing.


This doesn't make any sense since he is the producer of said Browns product

If he stays a builds a winner, great

If not, toodafuckingloo
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 pm

You guys are missing the point. Mike is awesome. It is Cleveland that is the problem. A city that is so bad even Mike Holmgren cannot produce results.

That is what that asshat Banks is trying to say. We are the problem, not Mike.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm

I think Banks just threw some shit against his keyboard to see what the random compression of the letters might produce.

My dream as a Cleveland Browns fan involves Scarlett Johannsen and a blimp. Maybe the blimp is over the Super Bowl, maybe it isn't, the dream somehow focused on other things.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I think Banks just threw some shit against his keyboard to see what the random compression of the letters might produce.

My dream as a Cleveland Browns fan involves Scarlett Johannsen and a blimp. Maybe the blimp is over the Super Bowl, maybe it isn't, the dream somehow focused on other things.


Didn't Freud once say "Sometimes a blimp is just a blimp?"
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3672
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:51 pm

OK, we'll try this dream on for size (trying to keep it within the bounds of semi-reality):

Andy Reid is fired by Philly. He becomes the Browns' OC due to his close ties with, well, everyone in the org. He takes over playcalling duties. He lures DeShaun Jackson to Cleveland, who Philly lets walk b/c of bad blood and the Browns pay significantly more than other teams who are wary of his 'tude. Browns and Hillis kiss and make up and ink a 2 year deal (not a huge fan of Hillis, but the FA market for RB's sucks). They pick up Carlos Rogers from SF to take Sheldon's place. And, sadly, they have to go with aging but still functional Kareem McKenzie at RT for a few years b/c they don't have enough draft picks/cap space to fill every gap in one offseason.

With the #4 overall pick, they select RG3. With the 2nd pick of the 1st Rd, #18, they take LB Zach Brown from NC. They take Whitney Mercilus, DE from Illinois, in the 2nd Rd.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:15 am

Hikohadon wrote:OK, we'll try this dream on for size (trying to keep it within the bounds of semi-reality):

Andy Reid is fired by Philly. He becomes the Browns' OC due to his close ties with, well, everyone in the org. He takes over playcalling duties. He lures DeShaun Jackson to Cleveland, who Philly lets walk b/c of bad blood and the Browns pay significantly more than other teams who are wary of his 'tude. Browns and Hillis kiss and make up and ink a 2 year deal (not a huge fan of Hillis, but the FA market for RB's sucks). They pick up Carlos Rogers from SF to take Sheldon's place. And, sadly, they have to go with aging but still functional Kareem McKenzie at RT for a few years b/c they don't have enough draft picks/cap space to fill every gap in one offseason.

With the #4 overall pick, they select RG3. With the 2nd pick of the 1st Rd, #18, they take LB Zach Brown from NC. They take Whitney Mercilus, DE from Illinois, in the 2nd Rd.


That sounds good to me. Who can we pick up to play coach?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:26 pm

The problem I see at this point with trying to draft a Blue Chip QB is this: If you are RG3 or Matt Barkley, why would you want to come here?

If either of those guys ended up getting his name called when the Browns step up to the podium, I wouldn't be surprised (or offended at this point) if they pulled an Eli Manning.

This place kills QB prospects with piss poor management and coaching. Again, that all goes back to ownership.

I'm sure Mike Holmgren will shrug his shoulders all the way to the bank to cash Randy Lerner's checks after we hit the reset button again.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 pm

The problem I see at this point with trying to draft a Blue Chip QB is this: If you are RG3 or Matt Barkley, why would you want to come here?

If either of those guys ended up getting his name called when the Browns step up to the podium, I wouldn't be surprised (or offended at this point) if they pulled an Eli Manning.

This place kills QB prospects with piss poor management and coaching. Again, that all goes back to ownership.

I'm sure Mike Holmgren will shrug his shoulders all the way to the bank to cash Randy Lerner's checks after we hit the reset button again.


I could see Barkley trying to do that but not RG3. He's just a stand-up guy all the way around. Off the charts intangibles. He'd take it as a challenge to turn the Browns around.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:"I think it's fair to start wondering how long Mike Holmgren is going to hang around in Cleveland if this is all the Browns are capable of producing. Just more of the same mediocre football, year after frustrating year. Honest answer, Browns fans: Were 1996-97-98, the years Cleveland had no NFL team, much, much worse than the ensuing 13 seasons?" -Don Banks SI Power Football Rankings :bag:


What chance did he really have?

An open check book, an enabling and adoring fan base, the access to high draft picks, filling the organization with his hand-picked hires, nowhere to go but up, an absentee owner who washed his hands of things after hiring him....

Fuck Mike Holmgren in the face if he doesn't want to 'hang around'. He can suck a dick if that's the case.

Seriously. Fuck him.


Holmgren is a carpet bagging, con-man, bleeding Lerner for whatever he can, and then adios. At least when Bill Parcels did this to Miami he gave their fans one winning season before jetting off. Holmgren doesn't even have the courtesy of a Fucking reach around.
Only saving grace out of all of this might be Tom Heckert. I hope when Holmgren finally pulls out, Heckert sticks around, I honestly think he may be the only man in the organization who knows what he is doing.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Watching the Saints/Titans game..(mind you one team is elite..the other "eh") amazes me.

It's like watching a completely different sport than watching the Browns failure on ice every sunday afternoon.

That's all were asking for. TO BE ENTERTAINED. To be able to go into games against the Inbred and Rats and be like "You know what, they may have a slight edge to them, but we have a shot"

"Here we are now, entertain us".
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6370
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Triple-S wrote:Watching the Saints/Titans game..(mind you one team is elite..the other "eh") amazes me.

It's like watching a completely different sport than watching the Browns failure on ice every sunday afternoon.

That's all were asking for. TO BE ENTERTAINED. To be able to go into games against the Inbred and Rats and be like "You know what, they may have a slight edge to them, but we have a shot"

"Here we are now, entertain us".

Yeah.... HATE watching the Saints. Not because they play good football because I love watching good football. But because they have 3-4 receivers and 2-3 backs that are better than the best on the Browns.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Also, a question: Does anyone think that the casinos in Cleveland in the very near future will make the city more attractive to athletes/make Cleveland a better city in general? I know that gambling/booze/strippers makes any situation better, but my question is whether or not it will make a significant positive impact.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:Also, a question: Does anyone think that the casinos in Cleveland in the very near future will make the city more attractive to athletes/make Cleveland a better city in general? I know that gambling/booze/strippers makes any situation better, but my question is whether or not it will make a significant positive impact.


No , casinos like the one Cleveand is constructing are a dime a dozen, and frankly cater to the early bird crowd, looking to play their slots, and rack up enough rewards points to get a free meal at a shitty buffet. This casino downtown does not make Ctown the next Vegas or AC, which million $ sports stars can fly anytime they got a itch.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: My Dream As A Cleveland Browns Fan

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Holmgren screwed up from the start by leaving Margini in as the coach as a lame duck. Everyone knew he had no intentions of keeping him around. Why waste a hold year with a guy you knew was going to be gone. Then he does a piss poor job of a coaching search that results in this guy we have now. Honestly how is this guy even coaching in the NFL he is overwhelmed and it is not like he took a no talent Rams offensive to the top of the league in offensive. He was 27th with that Rams team why in the world did anyone think he would do any better here.

So that will be two years of the 5 wasted on Holmgren's contract. It will be 3 when you count next year when they have to fire Shumur in the middle of the year because this team will not look any better. This team is never going to win with Shurmur plain and simple it does not matter the talent he has these will be the plays he will call and this is how he will manage the game. He wants to play the FG game and he will lose every time. This guy just does not have it in him to be a good head coach. He can't handle the media they hurt his feeling every week.


Holmgren is just taking all the hate for Lerner which was the best $50 million dollars Randy Learner has ever spent. It took the hate from him to Holmgren for the most part. Then if this could even get worst Learner will finally show up and look like he cares and fires Holmgren and the fans will think he does care about this team. When it is nothing but petty cash for him to travel from country to country watching his soccer team
Image
User avatar
Cleveland Matt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests