Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Local TV Thursday Night?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Local TV Thursday Night?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

There's a good chunk of people who have Time Warner and therefore don't have access to the NFL Network. Anyone see if/who is televising Thursday's impending debacle locally?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Local TV Thursday Night?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:25 pm

peeker643 wrote:There's a good chunk of people who have Time Warner and therefore don't have access to the NFL Network.

And those people should be thanking their own personal Tebow's right about now.
Last edited by mattvan1 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:There's a good chunk of people who have Time Warner and therefore don't have access to the NFL Network. Anyone see if/who is televising Thursday's impending debacle locally?

Peeker, you can be my copilot and go to PA with me if you would like to see the game, or you can sit at home and drink your IC Light in front of your computer and watch it here: http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/american-football.html
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 pm

WJW is airing it.

BTW, Steelers are taking this game so seriously that the drills they were running were them in sweat pants and baseball caps tossing a nerf football per some Steeler beat dude on the Fan.

How embarrassing is that? Just hearing about that makes me seeth with rage. Not at the Steelers actually, good, more power to them, there's not a single reason they should take the Browns seriously for this game. But jesus, that's sad.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Triple-S wrote:WJW is airing it.

BTW, Steelers are taking this game so seriously that the drills they were running were them in sweat pants and baseball caps tossing a nerf football per some Steeler beat dude on the Fan.

How embarrassing is that? Just hearing about that makes me seeth with rage. Not at the Steelers actually, good, more power to them, there's not a single reason they should take the Browns seriously for this game. But jesus, that's sad.

Thank you SSS. Fox-8 it is. Thank Tebow I don't have to be Lubber's co-pilot on some half-assed trip to PA ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Thank you SSS. Fox-8 it is. Thank Tebow I don't have to be Lubber's co-pilot on some half-assed trip to PA ;-) ;) :wink:

Plus, you can't trust that Lubber will ever pick you up.

Past record on that account is dicey at best.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I'd invite you over Peeker but you're an east sider, and you'd probably bring a squirrel.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

FUDU wrote:I'd invite you over Peeker but you're an east sider, and you'd probably bring a squirrel.

I'd bet all the squirrels in peek's hood end up as hats and stew
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

FUDU wrote:I'd invite you over Peeker but you're an east sider, and you'd probably bring a squirrel.

I'd have brought style, grace and elegance onto that side of town when it hasn't seen it in decades. But now I'm not coming. You had your chance.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

I'd bet all the squirrels in peek's hood end up as hats and stew

I won't kill tree rats any longer. Don't like to eat those things. Anything that can get shot, fall 60-feet out of a tree and then still scamper into a fallen log just to die out of my reach and spite me tends not to cook up too well.

Rabbits taste a lot better.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

peeker643 wrote:I won't kill tree rats any longer. Don't like to eat those things. Anything that can get shot, fall 60-feet out of a tree and then still scamper into a fallen log just to die out of my reach and spite me tends not to cook up too well.

CDT is going to appear in this thread now. calling it. A mention of guns is like beetlejuice.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Sounds like the beat guy is trying to rile up the fans. No way Tomlin lets the Steelers look past this one: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11340/1194829-66.stm
Lubber

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Triple-S wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I won't kill tree rats any longer. Don't like to eat those things. Anything that can get shot, fall 60-feet out of a tree and then still scamper into a fallen log just to die out of my reach and spite me tends not to cook up too well.

CDT is going to appear in this thread now. calling it. A mention of guns is like beetlejuice.

See I would think the eating squirrels thing would be what brings CDT into this thread, and I guarantee he knows more about eating squirrels than he does about eating za.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby hiko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Tebow... the Steelers... is there nothing heinous you won't love? (inlove)
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Come on Peeks. Big $200 tourney on Saturday at tHe Rivers! I promise I won't bust your aces if we are at the same table.
Lubber

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 am

I jumped on the early line, steelers -15. It dropped! I took out a second mortgaged on my house at -14.

And I took U10.5 on the Browns.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 am

Steelers coming off a blowout emotional win in a big game vs Cincy. Gotta be totally overlooking the Browns, especially with a game at San Fran next week. Only one day of practice.

Got a feeling some weird crap happens in this one and the Browns luck into playing a close game.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 am

swerb wrote:Steelers coming off a blowout emotional win in a big game vs Cincy. Gotta be totally overlooking the Browns, especially with a game at San Fran next week. Only one day of practice.

Got a feeling some weird crap happens in this one and the Browns luck into playing a close game.

According to NFL.com fantasy, they are projecting Dawson to have 12 points. Now 4 FGs would be believable, but they are projecting 3 PATs and 3 field goals, which would mean they think the Browns are going to score 30 points. Maybe they are projecting the 2 games versus the Steeelers combined.
Lubber

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:06 am

Never lay double didgets in the NFL....esp in a divisional game

Unless of course the Cowboys are playing the Bills in a SB :thumb up:

JMHO
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill