Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Good God Almighty

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Good God Almighty

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Nope, sorry, I've watched four Tebow games now and he's a shitty passer that is getting away with running around and dumping off shitty passes that are being broken for long gains.

He has no touch, his accuracy is feh, he's a bad QB on the whole.

A bad QB who is THREE DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS away from THREE LOSES. His defense has played much better since he took over, Willis is going off and he has literally been bailed out three times.

This isn't the Packers winning by 28 instead of 21, this is you and every other idiot screaming about wins being all that matters when he has been gifted those wins.

Cam is a real quarterback, Tebow is a fasination that is dated.

If he were a good QB I'd have no problem admitting as such, I don't hate him because he's some Geezes Fanboi, I don't like being told how awesome he is every single freaking week when I watch the games and he just isn't.

It's one of the biggest utilizations of smoke and mirrors I've ever seen in sports.

Isn't the point of the game to score more points than your opponent, to win in anyway legally possible? I was not away there were style points given.

Actually two of the games in which Green Bay scored defensive touchdowns would of been losses without those INTs. I really wish you would examine the facts before spewing your propaganda.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Lubber wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And Flacco's name doesn't deserve being anywhere near any of the other elite QBs. He's as meh as they come.

Put Tebow on the Ravens with their running game and defense? Super Bowl Contender for sure.

With the Stillers in their division?

They are a contender now with Flacco playing Jekyll and Hyde every week. At least Tebow would not turn the ball over as much.
Lubber

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote: If he were a good QB I'd have no problem admitting as such, I don't hate him because he's some Geezes Fanboi, I don't like being told how awesome he is every single freaking week when I watch the games and he just isn't.

Bingo.

The one thing, and only one thing I find interesting is the momentum/positive belief effect - by the entire team - not just in Tebow, but in themselves. The mental aspect is so overlooked - a few come from behinds and soon you begin to believe that there is no way you won't win. What we're seeing in the Broncos may have been started by one guy, but it's way more than just Tebow at this point.

BTW, how does a first round pick suddenly become this slapdick POS destined to fail? That's the thing I don't understand - this whole story is so out of control as if Tebow rose from the slums of Calcutta and despite his withered arm went on to become the first blind QB to play in the NFL. He is being persected just like my savior Jesus Christ!!!!!

BTW II, Joe Kapp was Tim Teebow about 40 years ago.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I like Lubber too. Nothing I say to him is personal at all. I just disagree with his ridiculous argument that Tebow is a "winner" and can lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

If Tebow ever does that I'll admit that I was wrong and if I see Lubber at the bar i'll tell him so and buy him a beer. Then I'll kick him in the nuts. But that's just because

tnwerjkl;
thejwklt

Super Bowl is a stretch - at least for this year. But I do believe he can lead them to the playoffs, and if Dirty Sanchez can take a team twice within a whisker of the Super Bowl, I see no reason why Tebow cannot with a similar style team (although the Jets defense is much better). We will see how they match up against the Patriots in a week and a half. That will be a good barometer. Mother - where would you rank the Broncos right now in the AFC. I would say Patriots, Ravens (only if Lewis comes back), Steelers, Denver/Houston (Houston could move up depending on the QB), Jets/Raiders.

I be sure to have my cup on when you buy me that Corona Light :cheers:
Lubber

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Lubber wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Nope, sorry, I've watched four Tebow games now and he's a shitty passer that is getting away with running around and dumping off shitty passes that are being broken for long gains.

He has no touch, his accuracy is feh, he's a bad QB on the whole.

A bad QB who is THREE DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS away from THREE LOSES. His defense has played much better since he took over, Willis is going off and he has literally been bailed out three times.

This isn't the Packers winning by 28 instead of 21, this is you and every other idiot screaming about wins being all that matters when he has been gifted those wins.

Cam is a real quarterback, Tebow is a fasination that is dated.

If he were a good QB I'd have no problem admitting as such, I don't hate him because he's some Geezes Fanboi, I don't like being told how awesome he is every single freaking week when I watch the games and he just isn't.

It's one of the biggest utilizations of smoke and mirrors I've ever seen in sports.

Isn't the point of the game to score more points than your opponent, to win in anyway legally possible? I was not away there were style points given.

Actually two of the games in which Green Bay scored defensive touchdowns would of been losses without those INTs. I really wish you would examine the facts before spewing your propaganda.

~50% of Tim Tebows wins are thanks to a defensive TD.

A WEE LITTLE BIT OF A BIGGER DEAL THAN ROGERS AND HIS TWO GAMES SWAYED!!!

And can we investigate average PPG scored by Rogers versus TEEBOOOW in those games with the defensive TDs? It won't tell a pretty story for you.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Lubber wrote:Isn't the point of the game to score more points than your opponent, to win in anyway legally possible? I was not away there were style points given.

Ha Ha Ha You dumb bastard.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's where you fail logically Lubber.

A follows B...therefore B caused A
A = Broncos win
B = Tebow

Sure, the Broncos have won games, but it is false to say that it is because of Tebow. Especially if you've actually watched him play. He is inacurate and the type of offense that the Broncos run (necessarily because it's the only type of Offense he CAN run) is a long term losing proposition.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:11 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:~50% of Tim Tebows wins are thanks to a defensive TD.

And can we investigate average PPG scored by Rogers versus TEEBOOOW in those games with the defensive TDs? It won't tell a pretty story for you.

You are comparing him to the best QB in the game. Nobody is going to match up to him. I never claimed Tebow was as good as Rodgers.

Lastly 2 games out of 6 wins = 33%, not quite the 50% your propagate. If 17% is your defintion of ~, then it is not "A WEE LITTLE BIT OF A BIGGER DEAL THAN ROGERS AND HIS TWO GAMES SWAYED!!!", it is only a ~ bit since there 16% difference in games swayed between Denver and Green Bay. Once again, please do just a little bit of fact finding before spreading faslehoods. It might just be easier to say "Tebow sucks because I don't like him", signed e0y2e3.
Lubber

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:Isn't the point of the game to score more points than your opponent, to win in anyway legally possible? I was not away there were style points given.

Here's where you fail logically Lubber.

A follows B...therefore B caused A
A = Broncos win
B = Tebow

Sure, the Broncos have won games, but it is false to say that it is because of Tebow. Especially if you've actually watched him play. He is inacurate and the type of offense that the Broncos run (necessarily because it's the only type of Offense he CAN run) is a long term losing proposition.

BT (Before Tebow) - 1-4
AT (After Tebow) - 6-1

Simple logic.
Lubber

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Lubber wrote:BT (Before Tebow) - 1-4
AT (After Tebow) - 6-1

Simple logic.

Take a logic class.

As my prof used to say: "You can't just willy nilly turn everything in the universe into a cow."
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Lubber wrote: Mother - where would you rank the Broncos right now in the AFC. I would say Patriots, Ravens (only if Lewis comes back), Steelers, Denver/Houston (Houston could move up depending on the QB), Jets/Raiders.

I would put them behind NE, Pitt, Baltimore, Cinci, Tennessee, the Jets, and Houston is a toss up (can't see them overcoming the QB problem). Possibly even the Chargers based on how they looked last night. Too little too late for the Chargers though.

Carona Light? I'll buy you a better beer than that dude. :partyers:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm going to say this before I shower, Lee is right and said it in a way that hasn't been said on this board yet, to my knowledge.

I also agree with Rich in that it is much like the Tiger Woods effect in golf, if you neither rooted for or against Tiger. However Tiger was exceptional at what he did, even when he didn't win. That is why myself and IMO most of America could get behind him.

Tebow deserves credit for the Broncos season, he does not deserve being over credited.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote: Mother - where would you rank the Broncos right now in the AFC. I would say Patriots, Ravens (only if Lewis comes back), Steelers, Denver/Houston (Houston could move up depending on the QB), Jets/Raiders.

I would put them behind NE, Pitt, Baltimore, Cinci, Tennessee, the Jets, and Houston is a toss up (can't see them overcoming the QB problem). Possibly even the Chargers based on how they looked last night. Too little too late for the Chargers though.

Carona Light? I'll buy you a better beer than that dude. :partyers:

They already beat the Jets. You like Tennessee that high huh? The Chargers has probably the best overall talent (at least on offense), but they cannot seem to put it together, and Rivers turns the ball over too much. I would put the Chargers in 4th, but they will not be able to make the playoffs as you said, too little to late. I was on the Cincy bandwagon early, but I think you got them a bit high. 2-3 in last five games, and should of lost to the Brownies.
Lubber

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm

In addition, Denver's defense is 25th in allowing points, 13 spots worse than the Brownies. That argument does not hold any water.

Forget who brought up the point of Denver's D being over rated or something, but using these team unit rankings and team stats is not always useful or even that accurate in making comparisons or arguments as we have here. There are just way too many circumstances from game to game that lead to stats being over inflated or skewed in some way shape or form.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm

I wasn't ranking them, just listing the teams I think are better than Denver.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I wasn't ranking them, just listing the teams I think are better than Denver.

My post wasn't referring to you for FTR.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:51 pm

FUDU wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I wasn't ranking them, just listing the teams I think are better than Denver.

My post wasn't referring to you for FTR.

I know, I was responding to Lubber there.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

OK we could do this all day.

FUDU

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Lubber wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:~50% of Tim Tebows wins are thanks to a defensive TD.

You know, I just can't see how last week you credit only the defensive TD for the win. I would say the main reason they won is 3 times they got down 8 points and 3 times Tebow led them down the field to pull within 1 or tie it and then led them to tie it down 3 again. All you saw was the defensive TD?? He's not a great passer overall, but he's made quite a few great passes this year late game situations. The 3rd and long pass to Decker against SD was perfection and put in the only spot the guy could make the catch. I can't really credit him for the multitude of wide open deep balls to Thomas last week, but his best pass was the incomplete before the game tying field goal...3rd and long, drilled on a blitz and he put it right in his hands...perfection.

He's not Aaron Rodgers and I'm not sure anyone said he is. He's not even close. But to compare him to the best quarterback in the game is pretty silly. Drew Brees isn't as good as Aaron Rodgers either, neither is Tom Brady. YOu got everyone there, Tebow isn't as good as Rodgers (or Brees or Brady!!).

He made three starts in McDanels high volume passing offense last year and perfromed admirably in that too.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 pm

FUDU wrote:
In addition, Denver's defense is 25th in allowing points, 13 spots worse than the Brownies. That argument does not hold any water.

Forget who brought up the point of Denver's D being over rated or something, but using these team unit rankings and team stats is not always useful or even that accurate in making comparisons or arguments as we have here. There are just way too many circumstances from game to game that lead to stats being over inflated or skewed in some way shape or form.

I did that and you are 100 percent correct...but Denver's D is simply not a great defense I believe. I was using them to try to argue TEbow has been a good quarterback this year.
scrambler

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm

scrambler wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I did that and you are 100 percent correct...but Denver's D is simply not a great defense I believe. I was using them to try to argue TEbow has been a good quarterback this year.

If you're going to give Tebow credit for some late game play making, and the guy does deserve some of that credit, than you also have to acknowledge the reason Denver has trailed so often in games Tebow started is b/c in part due to Tebow's play prior to the 4th quarter.

Personally I take issue with comparing a team like Denver's D to Cleveland's D to make the point that the former isn't all that. I mean have you even seen our D against legit offenses this year?

FUDU

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

FUDU wrote:
scrambler wrote:
FUDU wrote:
/quote]

If you're going to give Tebow credit for some late game play making, and the guy does deserve some of that credit, than you also have to acknowledge the reason Denver has trailed so often in games Tebow started is b/c in part due to Tebow's play prior to the 4th quarter.

Personally I take issue with comparing a team like Denver's D to Cleveland's D to make the point that the former isn't all that. I mean have you even seen our D against legit offenses this year?

These are all good points that I really can't argue with. I do think Tebow's played pretty wll all things considered this year and does deserve some credit for the team's success as does the defense and running game etc. The only sad thing is the most interesting thing about the Browns season is talking about Tim Tebow!!
scrambler

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

I had a long reply here and these shitty boards ate it.

I'll leave you with this, without three defensive touchdowns three comeback drives never happen, three losses happen and I don't have to read people telling me on a message board that Tim Tebow (a guy whose quality NFL throws can be counted on one hand) is a gawd damn good quarterback.

Tavarious Jackson is having a better year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I had a long reply here and these shitty boards ate it.

I'll leave you with this, without three defensive touchdowns three comeback drives never happen, three losses happen and I don't have to read people telling me on a message board that Tim Tebow (a guy whose quality NFL throws can be counted on one hand) is a gawd damn good quarterback.

Tavarious Jackson is having a better year.

e0y2e3, once again I implore you to check your facts before posting. Was your long reply filled with more half-truths?

One of the games they scored a D-TD in was a loss.

You could do all kinds of IF scenarios for many teams. Point is, they are 6-1 since he took over. Like it or not that is the facts!

TJ a better QB? 10 TDs to 12 INTS? Compared to 10TDs and 1 INTS? 5-5 compared to 6-1?

Keep trying. Sooner or later you will post something fully true.
Lubber

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Watch. The. Games.

I do, I implore you to.

And TD - Int stats don't matter if you are willing your team to victory, right?!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 pm

BTW, why wasn't anyone calling Kyle Orton Geezes when he had a shitty Denver team at 6-0 with smoke and mirrors last year?

Because he doesn't wear bible versus on his eyeblack? Because that's really the only difference. Both were winning games they shouldn't by the skin of their teeth in a manor that will not hold up.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Watch. The. Games.

I do, I implore you to.

And TD - Int stats don't matter if you are willing your team to victory, right?!

I keep watching, and I keep seeing a guy who seems to make the big plays in the 4th quarter and OT. Isn't that how a good player is separated from the so-so players? It is one of the main reasons Flacco has not led Ravens to the promised land. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, and now Tebow have that 4th quarter magic.

TD-int stats are key! This has been the main reason Tebow has thrived. He does not turn the ball over. His will to turn off all the naysayers leads him to do well, so they actually go hand in hand.
Lubber

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 pm

7 game sample sizes (with some wee little turnover problems last game) certainly dictate a guy as good at protecting the ball.

He doesn't have INTs because he can't generate enough offense to generate a high number of throws/picks. Fucking eh, dump off... dump off... dump off... it never ends.

I'm glad a good drive a game has you sold.

He's a shitty QB.

And you are the one claiming that what you do at the end of the game is all that matters. By that logic you cannot argue about picks and TDs. ALL THAT MATTERS IS BEING A CLOSER!!@$!!

I'm out. You and scrambler can return to your rebellion against reality.

KYLE ORTON - 2010 - 4 LIFE
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:7 game sample sizes (with some wee little turnover problems last game) certainly dictate a guy as good at protecting the ball.

He doesn't have INTs because he can't generate enough offense to generate a high number of throws/picks. Fucking eh, dump off... dump off... dump off... it never ends.

I'm glad a good drive a game has you sold.

He's a shitty QB.

And you are the one claiming that what you do at the end of the game is all that matters. By that logic you cannot argue about picks and TDs. ALL THAT MATTERS IS BEING A CLOSER!!@$!!

I'm out. You and scrambler can return to your rebellion against reality.

KYLE ORTON - 2010 - 4 LIFE

Good riddens. See you later. You are welcome back when you present some facts and do not twist words arounds. Never said the end of game is ALL that matter. I said it is what separates the good ones from the average players.

Your boy Orton generated the same number of throws this year, but somehow threw 7 more of them to the other team. You are smart to get out while you can.
Lubber

Unread postby hiko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Lead was right... I got sucked back in...

fundamentals wrote:Critics should just blame the media. It's a storyline and his 15 minutes of fame has lasted longer than anyone could have imagined. As stated, if they don't like it or him, don't watch the Broncos play.

I do blame the media. I don't watch the Broncos play. Like the Steelers and LeBron James, I don't watch things that annoy me. Tebow himself doesn't annoy me, but watching him throw the ball and run that style of "offense" does. It's ugly to behold and makes me shake my head in wonderment about how it is working. The Tebow Media Circus also annoys me, so the channel goes off the second they bring Tebow up.

fundamentals wrote:Guy I know who is an atheist said to me "why doesn't he make reference of the Easter Bunny or Santa every time he is on tv, those are made up characters as well". That is his opinion just as Tebow has his. If people are offended by Tebow talking about his relationship with Jesus Christ, that's their problem.

I'm an atheist, and I couldn't give 2 fucks about his beliefs. Like most atheists, I too feel that God/Christ/Allah/Vishnu is the equivalent of Santa for adults. But that's just my lowly opinion; I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs - it's not like anyone can prove that anyone else is wrong. I know how Tebow feels about Christ, he has every right to feel that way and I don't care if he falls to his knees in prayer after every play. I'm surprised more Christians - if they truly believe what they say they believe - don't do the same. I do get pissed off when people try to ram their beliefs down other people's throats, but that's not what he's doing. He's giving thanks to his god, not handing out literature door-to-door.

fundamentals wrote:Pundits feel Tebow is destined to fail both in the league and eventually, in life.

Wha...? How is failing in the NFL failing in life? You can fail in both, one, or neither. They are not synonymous.

fundamentals wrote:There are many who don't like his ability to be genuine. They want scandal and idiocy. Those are the athletes we should applaud and hold in high esteem.

Here's where I tell you not to be a sucker.

His ability to be genuine? How do you know he's genuine? Because he seems genuine? How do you know this isn't all a great act (that's working quite well, by the way)? How do you know he's not a real dick in private?

It is likely that he IS genuine, but OJ seemed like a good guy 'til he killed his wife. Joe Pa seemed like a good guy 'til he let his buddy get away with child molestation. I betcha that girl in Georgia thought POS was a good guy 'til he raped her in the bathroom. Especially in this day and age, to latch onto a celebrity for who you think they are is incredibly naive.

We don't know any of these dudes, and I for one ain't gonna go "applauding" or "holding in high esteem" anyone I don't KNOW deserves it.

Probably shouldn't do it anyway. We're the dumb fucks that give these athletes the egos we hate so much.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Lubber wrote: You are welcome back when you present some facts and do not twist words arounds.

That is fucking rich coming from Macphisto's little brother whose last venture onto these boards was in defense of a rapist. Nicely done.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote: If he were a good QB I'd have no problem admitting as such, I don't hate him because he's some Geezes Fanboi, I don't like being told how awesome he is every single freaking week when I watch the games and he just isn't.

Bingo.

The one thing, and only one thing I find interesting is the momentum/positive belief effect - by the entire team - not just in Tebow, but in themselves. The mental aspect is so overlooked - a few come from behinds and soon you begin to believe that there is no way you won't win. What we're seeing in the Broncos may have been started by one guy, but it's way more than just Tebow at this point.

Yep those Broncos are the new Crusaders. With God on your side how can you lose...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:BT (Before Tebow) - 1-4
AT (After Tebow) - 6-1

Simple logic.

Take a logic class.

As my prof used to say: "You can't just willy nilly turn everything in the universe into a cow."

No this makes sense. Everytime I take a shit the seat is cold. My ass and legs must be making the seat cold. It's never cold when I'm not taking a shit...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Remember when Derek Anderson was a good QB.
Orenthal

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Orenthal wrote:Remember when Derek Anderson was a good QB.

Yeah....that was a great day
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Orenthal wrote:Remember when Derek Anderson was a good QB.

1 game away from being division champs and hosting a playoff game.

Why did they not run the ball in Cincy that afternoon? :(.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:05 pm

hiko wrote:Lead was right... I got sucked back in...

fundamentals wrote:Critics should just blame the media. It's a storyline and his 15 minutes of fame has lasted longer than anyone could have imagined. As stated, if they don't like it or him, don't watch the Broncos play.

I do blame the media. I don't watch the Broncos play. Like the Steelers and LeBron James, I don't watch things that annoy me. Tebow himself doesn't annoy me, but watching him throw the ball and run that style of "offense" does. It's ugly to behold and makes me shake my head in wonderment about how it is working. The Tebow Media Circus also annoys me, so the channel goes off the second they bring Tebow up.

fundamentals wrote:Guy I know who is an atheist said to me "why doesn't he make reference of the Easter Bunny or Santa every time he is on tv, those are made up characters as well". That is his opinion just as Tebow has his. If people are offended by Tebow talking about his relationship with Jesus Christ, that's their problem.

I'm an atheist, and I couldn't give 2 fucks about his beliefs. Like most atheists, I too feel that God/Christ/Allah/Vishnu is the equivalent of Santa for adults. But that's just my lowly opinion; I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs - it's not like anyone can prove that anyone else is wrong. I know how Tebow feels about Christ, he has every right to feel that way and I don't care if he falls to his knees in prayer after every play. I'm surprised more Christians - if they truly believe what they say they believe - don't do the same. I do get pissed off when people try to ram their beliefs down other people's throats, but that's not what he's doing. He's giving thanks to his god, not handing out literature door-to-door.

fundamentals wrote:Pundits feel Tebow is destined to fail both in the league and eventually, in life.

Wha...? How is failing in the NFL failing in life? You can fail in both, one, or neither. They are not synonymous.

fundamentals wrote:There are many who don't like his ability to be genuine. They want scandal and idiocy. Those are the athletes we should applaud and hold in high esteem.

Here's where I tell you not to be a sucker.

His ability to be genuine? How do you know he's genuine? Because he seems genuine? How do you know this isn't all a great act (that's working quite well, by the way)? How do you know he's not a real dick in private?

It is likely that he IS genuine, but OJ seemed like a good guy 'til he killed his wife. Joe Pa seemed like a good guy 'til he let his buddy get away with child molestation. I betcha that girl in Georgia thought POS was a good guy 'til he raped her in the bathroom. Especially in this day and age, to latch onto a celebrity for who you think they are is incredibly naive.

We don't know any of these dudes, and I for one ain't gonna go "applauding" or "holding in high esteem" anyone I don't KNOW deserves it.

Probably shouldn't do it anyway. We're the dumb fucks that give these athletes the egos we hate so much.

He got you Hiko.

It is useless.

You could have the physical and mental strength of a hundred men, and still you would be overpowered by the great disciple.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Bomani Jones has been going after Teabow on Around The Horn all year.

You should see the emails and tweets he gets sent he was far calling a spade a spade on the field. I mean he's getting hundreds and hundreds of hate mails a day.

It's the damnest thing I've ever seen in sports.

I mean even dumb ass Browns Fans just hoped to trade DA for a first round pick, nothing remotely like this.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Bomani Jones has been going after Teabow on Around The Horn all year.

You should see the emails and tweets he gets sent he was far calling a spade a spade on the field. I mean he's getting hundreds and hundreds of hate mails a day.

It's the damnest thing I've ever seen in sports.

I mean even dumb ass Browns Fans just hoped to trade DA for a first round pick, nothing remotely like this.

This is part of the fascination on my part with this whole thing.

There's just so few in the middle.

I've told my feelings upthread - that I have significant doubts about any sustained success, however, I really like the guy and hope he does well.

But even just this thread, there's nobody saying, "He's doing some nice things, but I'm not sure about the future." Instead, "Fucking guys lucking out with onside kicks or he wouldn't win shit."

or

There's no "Tebow seems to have that something at the end of games, but I'd like to see a few more tangible qualities if that is to continue. Instead it's "The Tebow magic! All the guy does is win games!!"

And it's not just stupid fans, I love the guys like Jones and Cris Carter, who seem more defiant about this than any subject they've ever commented on. And really, in regard to on field play, I agree with the doubts of a big future, but it just seems like it would KILL those guys to even say something harmless like, "well, he passed the ball a little better this week - still aways to go...." Aslmost get the feeling these guys are sweating Bronco games just to wait for the shoe to drop.

Klosterman's article on Grantland was pretty interesting I thought, mainly because it was coming from a viewpoint I'm expressing here - not passing judgement on him on the field or off, just commenting on how this whole Tebow thing is running rampant. Anyone ho bothers to read this thread should check it out.

And by the way, it's ALL media. Tebow is religious, but as Hiko says, he's not shoving it down throats. The media is. He's not promoting the savior shit. The media is. He's not putting himself on the national telecast....and on and on.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby hiko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Just watched this commercial again...

Oh, AND he's saving his virginity for marriage...

I find it so hard to buy this guy. Nigh impossible. Just a cynic, I guess.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Honestly, if people could just admit that to date he is a pretty shitty QB I wouldn't even notice the whole thing.

And you are correct he had his best game ever throwing the ball this week. It also happened to be against the worst defense back field the league will see for a single game this year and involved more run around, ten yard dump off, pray D Thomas runs...

But yeah, I agree lead. Tebow has officially taken the world over and is one of the damndest things I have ever seen.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Eh, I think many start in that middle ground. Guy is winning games, or team is winning games, either way they are winning and Fox tailored the game to his QB. It is most likely not sustainable and prolly won't make noise in the playoffs. Though weirder shit has happened and the aura could develop for a run.

I think people* go hyper partisan after the media blitz, and that eccentuates their lean pos/neg.

*most
Orenthal

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:05 am

leadpipe wrote:And it's not just stupid fans, I love the guys like Jones and Cris Carter, who seem more defiant about this than any subject they've ever commented on. And really, in regard to on field play, I agree with the doubts of a big future, but it just seems like it would KILL those guys to even say something harmless like, "well, he passed the ball a little better this week - still aways to go...." Aslmost get the feeling these guys are sweating Bronco games just to wait for the shoe to drop..

Watching Carter the last couple of weeks has been very entertaining Lead. Usually he is one of the first to bandwagon a player's success in the league, but he seem so stubborn to not give Tebow any props at all.

With regards to being a shitty QB, I guess that depends on your defintion of QB. To me, it is soomebody who is in control of the offense and makes plays and helps puts his teammates in the best position to make plays. Others may define it as a guy who can throw a ball through the goalposts from 70 yards. If that is how you define a QB, then yes, Tim is shitty. Montana was not your prototypical QB (and I am not comparing Tebow to Joe, merely pointing out that there is more than one way to be a good QB in the league)
Lubber

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:47 am

Tebow is what he is. No one knows what he will develop in to. Not really sure it is worth all this fuss. Just sit back and either hate or enjoy. I find it highly entertaining, much more so than the Browns. I can barely watch the Browns for more than a quarter, but Tebow and the Broncos have become can't miss TV for me for the ups and downs of Tebow... Von Miller going beast mode doesnt hurt the entertainment value either.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Honestly, if people could just admit that to date he is a pretty shitty QB I wouldn't even notice the whole thing.

And you are correct he had his best game ever throwing the ball this week. It also happened to be against the worst defense back field the league will see for a single game this year and involved more run around, ten yard dump off, pray D Thomas runs...

But yeah, I agree lead. Tebow has officially taken the world over and is one of the damndest things I have ever seen.

I don't think I've said anything other than he's been a good quarterback this year so far. I said no one on the face of the earth knows how his career will end up. This could certainly be the peak of his career as 2007 was for Derek Anderson. I think he has the 10th best qb rating in the league this year....Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Smith, Manning, Romo, Stafford. Those are the ones higher than him. He's done what he's been asked to do. I think whether you are right or wrong about Tebow is 50-50 right now. I live in reality is all. That being said, I would not be shocked at all if the Broncos go 0-4 their last 4 games. Thus far, he's been a good quarterback for that team and at 1-4 and trading their best wideout, Brandon Lloyd before his first start I don't think anyone on the planet thought the Broncos would be 7-5 and in first place right now.
scrambler

Unread postby hiko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm not sure why people bother bringing up the trading of Brandon Lloyd as some sort of impediment when Tebow completes about 3 passes a game to wideouts, but whatever.
hiko

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 pm

hiko wrote:I'm not sure why people bother bringing up the trading of Brandon Lloyd as some sort of impediment when Tebow completes about 3 passes a game to wideouts, but whatever.

I guess because he was their best wide receiver on the roster is all. I state it as nothing more than a simple fact...which in the case of Tebow--trading Lloyd may have had as much importance as stating grass is green. And then we're just back to debating "Tebow is so bad he doesn't need wide receivers to even throw to cause he can't throw" or "Tebow is so good he wins with bad wide receivers"

It's all meaningless.
scrambler

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Although to be fair in 3 starts last year with Tebow, Lloyd caught 14 passes for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns. never let facts get in the way of a good story however. Silly me for bringing up the trade of Lloyd I guess.
scrambler

Unread postby hiko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:09 pm

scrambler wrote:Although to be fair in 3 starts last year with Tebow, Lloyd caught 14 passes for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns. never let facts get in the way of a good story however. Silly me for bringing up the trade of Lloyd I guess.

How wrong I was. If the Broncos still had Lloyd, Tebow'd probably be slinging it around the field like Aaron Rodgers. Obviously a further evil attempt by the Denver front office to undermine the Chosen One.
hiko

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 pm

hiko wrote:
scrambler wrote:Although to be fair in 3 starts last year with Tebow, Lloyd caught 14 passes for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns. never let facts get in the way of a good story however. Silly me for bringing up the trade of Lloyd I guess.

How wrong I was. If the Broncos still had Lloyd, Tebow'd probably be slinging it around the field like Aaron Rodgers. Obviously a further evil attempt by the Denver front office to undermine the Chosen One.

The Great One still has a hold on you Hiko. And to makes matters worse he has sent an instigator, to draw you in even further.

You now find yourself in a web of aura of which there is no escape.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby hiko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:49 pm

leadpipe wrote:
hiko wrote:

The Great One still has a hold on you Hiko. And to makes matters worse he has sent an instigator, to draw you in even further.

You now find yourself in a web of aura of which there is no escape.

Yes, I need to heed my own advice from earlier in the thread.
hiko

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL