Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns/Ravens

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns/Ravens

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 pm

mitch wrote:RGIII may be a different story. After seeing what Cam Newton is doing for the Panthers, this kid could be something special.

He's numero uno in my book. Eyo was on him before all of us.

I'd kill to be in Carolina's situation right now. Damn, they're not winning, but it'd be enetertaining.

This. is. shit.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:51 pm

mitch wrote:Not sold on Barkley

Would the Browns be better served by getting another Matt Sanchez, or a Von Miller or AJ Green.

RGIII may be a different story. After seeing what Cam Newton is doing for the Panthers, this kid could be something special.

Wilson anyone? Alsohn Jeffery is having a lass than stellar year, but is still real good.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm

After 12 seasons, this is my roster:
Thomas
Mack
Watson
Little
Norwood
Cribbs
Obi-wan
Sheard
Taylor
Rubin
Haden
Ward?
Dawson

Only need forty players to make it 53.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Following you on twitter Swerb, you're right, Evan Moore is waaaaay under utilized. Especially in a crappy dink N' dunk O.

He's a matchup nightmare for LBs.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Believeland » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
mitch wrote:At least Sheard is looking like a beast.

Quality DLs in last year's draft. Taylor and Sheard are players.

The wife just made gingerbread cookies. You wouldn't believe the heaven when you eat them with Mad Elf. Peeker, I'm talking to you.

Oh man the Made Elf is sweet heaven. $17 a six pack at Acme last weekend and it was still worth it.
Believeland

Favorite Player: Joey Belle
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:12 pm

So, we know this exactly as to what the Browns don't have:

1.) A Head Coach

2.) A Quarterback.

3.) A team leader(s).

Pretty much the same story we've heard since..well...ever.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:16 pm

14.5 was the under.

Fuck my balls if I didn't stare at it for 10 minutes, then close the screen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Can't believe the Browns were only 6.5 point underdogs..... JFC
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Believeland wrote:Oh man the Made Elf is sweet heaven. $17 a six pack at Acme last weekend and it was still worth it.

$13.99 for me. They had it in double deuces last year.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Believeland wrote:Oh man the Made Elf is sweet heaven. $17 a six pack at Acme last weekend and it was still worth it.

$13.99 for me. They had it in double deuces last year.

Whew, double dueces of mad elf is the quickest way to get on the express train to ****ing messed up.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Depends. It can take me 40 minutes to drink one, it doesn't lose any drinkability as it warms (to a reasonable degree). Just cracked #4 tonight and started at 3.

So how about that local sports team?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:54 pm

We had a sports team? /drunk
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:04 pm

how many stupid fucking screen play are the browns going to run for negitive yards. Especially that stupid lets fake it to one side and throw to the other.

this O-line is just absolute shit. Hopefully they replace everyone on it besides Mack and Thomas.

Shread really has impressed me over the pass couple of games, This guy could really be a force at the DE position. I really am going to be watching him on a short week on Thursday to see if he can keep it up. This guy plays almost every down today and he was still getting to the QB at the end of the game.
Cleveland Matt

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby hiko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:No game on FOX, no Sunday ticket, I mean, what am I supposed to do?

Get Sunday Ticket.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Triple-S wrote:
mitch wrote:RGIII may be a different story. After seeing what Cam Newton is doing for the Panthers, this kid could be something special.

He's numero uno in my book. Eyo was on him before all of us.

I was on him before Lee. Just sayin'
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

LIES
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:20 am

The Browns lost because they're a terrible team and a terrible franchise. Everything else is semantics. The end.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby hiko » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Browns lost because they're a terrible team and a terrible franchise. Everything else is semantics. The end.

That's pretty much how my wife feels I should write my article each week.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 am

If there was anything you could bet your life on, it would be a squad that runs everything exclusively within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage getting mauled when they run into real teams.

And that's even setting aside the utter predictability for a second.

Could you imagine if these upcoming Steeler games were earlier in the year, and Polamalu was healthy (instead of a banged up Troy, and the lay-up nature of these games revealed) Christ, that guy with no responsibilities away from the line of scrimmage. Able to jump every GD route.

But I will say this from the wagerers perspective. Every year there is a team or two that the lines never catch up to. Last year's Michigan team for example. Well, this year one of those teams in right in the back yard. Good Holy Christ, if you aren't making cash on Browns opponents sides and under bets, you shouldn't be betting. Damn near every week those numbers aren't taking into account how truly predictable and out of date Shurmies WCO is, and how much little talent is out there.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am

Games like yesterday, if you were not a believer before, should convince you that Mike Lombardi was not making shit up. The Ravens knew the plays better than Greg Little.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 am

e0y2e3 wrote:LIES

NO ME!

lofl

Thats what the net is all about, eh?

Who's first
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am

I am barely keeping the lid on a pot that's boiling over. All I want to do is write an article that will look like a transcript from a Richard Pryor concert.

I'm usually good for one per season and the over over/under on 'fuck'usage would be close to 35 or 40.

No one would be spared. From that fat, fucking team president that hired this pussy fucking coach to the squirrelly fucking owner and the useless fucking RT and the old fucking Sheldon Brown and the goddamn shit sandwich that we eat every mother fucking week as fans of these asshole cocksucking fuck wipes.

Took my 11-yr old to her first game yesterday. Walked in the rain and sat in the rain for 6 fucking hours to watch that sorry excuse for an organization roll over once more to be the bitch fucking bottom for the Ravens once again. It's no wonder these kids and fringe fans are wearing shit other than the Browns shit.

I don't know if my youngest is just extremely loyal, desperate to hang with her dad or dumb as a stump.

I wanted to kill someone yesterday not for doing that shit to me again but for doing it to her. Seriously, I would have willingly strangled the shit out of Pat Shurmur or Mike Holmgren yesterday.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

^ reads more like Steve Martin than Richard Pryor.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:I am barely keeping the lid on a pot that's boiling over. All I want to do is write an article that will look like a transcript from a Richard Pryor concert.

I'm usually good for one per season and the over over/under on 'fuck'usage would be close to 35 or 40.

No one would be spared. From that fat, fucking team president that hired this pussy fucking coach to the squirrelly fucking owner and the useless fucking RT and the old fucking Sheldon Brown and the goddamn shit sandwich that we eat every mother fucking week as fans of these asshole cocksucking fuck wipes.

Took my 11-yr old to her first game yesterday. Walked in the rain and sat in the rain for 6 fucking hours to watch that sorry excuse for an organization roll over once more to be the bitch fucking bottom for the Ravens once again. It's no wonder these kids and fringe fans are wearing shit other than the Browns shit.

I don't know if my youngest is just extremely loyal, desperate to hang with her dad or dumb as a stump.

I wanted to kill someone yesterday not for doing that shit to me again but for doing it to her. Seriously, I would have willingly strangled the shit out of Pat Shurmur or Mike Holmgren yesterday.

Very similar to Rodney Dangerfield in class during "Back to School"
Say it say it say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmfao:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Can you imagine what it must be like to be a 22-year-old who got all excited when he/she was 10 years old and we had all the local and even national hoopla about "the return of the Browns" in 1999? Hooray, we got an NFL team again!

Those people have now been shat on--and shat on bad--every season since.

At least us older farts got some good times to remember at Municipal Stadium, vague as those memories are becoming.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm

24, thank you, and God knows why I watch every Sunday, but I can't stop.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:14 pm

"Can you imagine what it must be like to be a 22-year-old who got all excited when he/she was 10 years old and we had all the local and even national hoopla about "the return of the Browns" in 1999? Hooray, we got an NFL team again!

Those people have now been shat on--and shat on bad--every season since."

Yup. Right here.

My best memories of the Browns were the 99 Saints game, the 02 Falcons game, and the 08 upset of the Steelers. Other than that? Disapointment, Moral Victories and out right failures,

They are the 88-07 Arizona fucking Cardinals of the NFL. A team that is not taken seriously, and has never been viewed as a threat to any other team that exists.

You know how sad it is to see franchises like the Jaguars who have no fan support what-so-ever go to three AFC Championships and are competitives and we're stuck with this cast of jerkoff clowns? fuck this.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:44 pm

As a fan, it sickens me.

To see the Ravens be so dominant and humiliate us so it just salt in the wound. You got Ray Lewis yucking it up on the sidelines acting like he owns the place (which he may as well), and I get to watch a team that was stolen from me, as a Cleveland Sports fans be celebrated as one of the best in the game, while I'm stuck watching McCoy being tossed around like a rag doll, and his offensive line shrugging shoulders.

I see the Steelers and their scumbag lowlife fans enter the stadium at free will and treat it like it's Ohio State playing a pisspoor Akron team at Infocision, and wave their towels around celebrating another Super Bowl run, while we watch our team get thrashed again.

Meamwhile during all of this, you're planning on another draft pick, who will either be ruined or will be a complete bust, and you're forced to mute the TV in favor of the radio because CBS Sports thinks that shoving Ian Eagle with Dan Fouts as broadcasters is a good idea.

You know, I perfectly understand not having the talent to compete with those teams, and I realize that we're in a tough division. But christ..PUT UP A FIGHT. Don't fucking roll over every time those group of jerkasses enter the stadium. Make them grimace with a bit of pain everytime anything associated with "Cleveland" or "Browns" is brought up. Have some damn pride. If this is supposedly a Historic Franchise, than shouldn't you be wearing the uniform like those that had worn it before

And before anyone starts, I'm talking about the teams, and I'm not advocating dirty play.

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 pm

^it all starts at the top and what we see running it now doesn't give 2 shits what they put out on the field b/c Browns fans keep buying every "rebuild". Same turd sammich year after year except once in a blue moon you get some roast beef ('02,'07)
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Browns lost because they're a terrible team and a terrible franchise. Everything else is semantics. The end.

Beat me to this post.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:^it all starts at the top and what we see running it now doesn't give 2 shits what they put out on the field b/c Browns fans keep buying every "rebuild". Same turd sammich year after year except once in a blue moon you get some roast beef ('02,'07)

What other option is there really? Other than, not showing up, there really isn't.

Unless Holmgren is an idiot, he can see that the fanbase is dwindling at the moment, and that will be made clear the last game of the season when there's absolutely NO ONE THERE and we're already planning out next years draft.

It's a dying franchise, all that it really has to it's name right now is it's history. There's no sign of life within it, none. Cribbs has been one of the few to show any heart within this organization at times, and I feel awful for the guy. His talents have been so vastly overused on this crap team. Can you imagine if he was on the Colts or Patriots as a Kick Returner how well thought of he'd be by the league?

Walrus needs to pull the plug on Shurmer. He truly and honestly did fuck up by not throwing every last penny he could over at Harbaugh. "BUT SSS, HE WOULDN'T WANT TO COACH IN THE SAME DIVISION AS HIS BROTHER!". Please. Throw enough money at a dude like him and he'd have done it. There's no way you could tell me otherwise.

Dump Shurmer. Get a guy with some passion, and some balls, or a guy that knows what he's doing.

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:^it all starts at the top and what we see running it now doesn't give 2 shits what they put out on the field b/c Browns fans keep buying every "rebuild". Same turd sammich year after year except once in a blue moon you get some roast beef ('02,'07)

What other option is there really? Other than, not showing up, there really isn't.

Unless Holmgren is an idiot, he can see that the fanbase is dwindling at the moment, and that will be made clear the last game of the season when there's absolutely NO ONE THERE and we're already planning out next years draft.

It's a dying franchise, all that it really has to it's name right now is it's history. There's no sign of life within it, none. Cribbs has been one of the few to show any heart within this organization at times, and I feel awful for the guy. His talents have been so vastly overused on this crap team. Can you imagine if he was on the Colts or Patriots as a Kick Returner how well thought of he'd be by the league?

Walrus needs to pull the plug on Shurmer. He truly and honestly did fuck up by not throwing every last penny he could over at Harbaugh. "BUT SSS, HE WOULDN'T WANT TO COACH IN THE SAME DIVISION AS HIS BROTHER!". Please. Throw enough money at a dude like him and he'd have done it. There's no way you could tell me otherwise.

Dump Shurmer. Get a guy with some passion, and some balls, or a guy that knows what he's doing.

You hit the nail on the head w/ your first sentence. Stop watching, supporting, dealing with the shit that the ownershipfrontofficecoachingstaff throws out there week after week, year after year. The more that place sells out every season the more complaicent the management will continue to be. Maybe when they struggle to sell tickets, have games blacked out, lose revenue due to lost concessions, etc, etc they'll see they need to step up.

It's gotta be something more than a Dawg Pound Mike walkoutto make an impact
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL