Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns/Bengals

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns/Bengals

Unread postby BruceK » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Dawson is better from beyond the 50 - just sayin'
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I think that's a bad play call. Everyone knows we are running. Why start it by tossing so far behind the LOS. Would have been a nice time for play action.

We are too far away, with too much time left, with too many Cinci TOs left to be playing for the FG right now.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 pm

what the hell is wrong with pontbriand lately?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 pm

and ginger gets to be tom brady.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:05 pm

FUCK ME.

Triple-S

Unread postby mitch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:05 pm

So how often do you potentially lose two games due to your "Pro Bowl" long snapper?
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:07 pm

It's hard to fault Shurmer for this loss. Playcalling hasn't been all that bad.

Defense is sorely lacking some linebackers. Haden got burnt like toast.

Bengals just actually have an offensive coordinator, recievers and a competent running game. We...really don't.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Colt didn't have a bad game either..about the only time he had a completely awful through was on that INT, and that was due in large part due to pressure coming from the right side (what a shock!). He got freaking nailed in the "Groin area" during it too per replays.

Triple-S

Unread postby mitch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Lack of decent (or healthy) safties didn't help, either.

Along with Pashos being a human parking cone again.

And WTF with all of the dropped passes????
Last edited by mitch on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Dink-n-dunk plays. Way to go Shurmer ::doh::
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm

mitch wrote:Lack of decent (or healthy) safties didn't help, either.

Hagg and Haden are definitly the goats in this.

Making AJ Green and Gresham look like Jerry Rice and John Taylor is awful.

Little not making catches. The defense letting Scott and Benson run at will.

wtf?

Triple-S

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm

RedDawg53 wrote:Dink-n-dunk plays. Way to go Shurmer ::doh::

At least it wasn't a Mangini-Hand off to Hillis
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:15 pm

And another week of dumb mistakes. At least it was fun.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Shurmer isn't calling dink and dunk plays. It's colt checking down because there is nothing downfield.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Don't forget all the damn drops my Little, I don't care if he scored a TD, he's still definitely on the GOAT list. What an awful finish. JFC. :bag:
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

It's frustrating.

The Bengals are ran by a complete jackass owner of a HOFer, there practice facilities would make COLLEGE TEAMS laugh. Christ, I drove by them on the way to Kentucky, and I was amazed that it was that close to downtown and by a fucking interstate.

And yet, they've found a way, stumbling half-drunk on cincytucky moonshine to have a few mediocre seasons. Browns? Fucking A. For all intensive purposes as of late at least they've been trying to kickstart this thing into gear doing everything possible short of bribing the officials.

Triple-S

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

Shurmer isn't calling dink and dunk plays. It's colt checking down because there is nothing downfield.

True. Would also help if he had better receivers... Oh well.

Edit: At least it wasn't a boring game
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm

I feel like Colt is really shaking off his training wheels. He did have a few Brett Favre-esque try to make something out of nothing plays that hurt him today. I really do think he's starting to hit his stride, and with Schurmer calling plays that will allow him to throw the ball downfield a little more, things are looking up. But in typical Browns fashion, they just completely fell apart down the stretch just like in week 1. 2GW field goals in 3 weeks?! Come on....
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

I'd rather have mother drill a hole thru my front teeth sansa novicaine than watch Cribbs run another a pass pattern

....and when is the last time anyone saw a Brown's WR make a catch like Green's?

I'm guessing Langhorne
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:I'd rather have mother drill a hole thru my front teeth sansa novicaine than watch Cribbs run another a pass pattern

....and when is the last time anyone saw a Brown's WR make a catch like Green's?

I'm guessing Langhorne

Braylon in 07 was pretty incredible.

too bad he melted down. Dude could have been Fitzgerald if he didn't have the diva persona.

Triple-S

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Speaking of Braylon, I see alot of him in G. Little..... Unfortunately that means alot of drops combined with his unique ability and physical prowess.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:25 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:Speaking of Braylon, I see alot of him in G. Little..... Unfortunately that means alot of drops combined with his unique ability and physical prowess.

Let's just hope this case of the dropsies was limited to this game and not a sign of things to come.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Greg Little is a starting WR.

He's not a Number 1 dude you gameplan for, He can make plays, but he's not the AJ Green/Fitzgerald/Braylon circa 2007 you're looking for. He's your 2nd or 3rd option.

Blackmon, Jeffries, Floyd are all guys in the draft that could play the role. There's also Dwayne Bowe in FA, but lets not kid ourselves in thinking that Heckert will run out and go FA route like crazy this off-season.

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Triple-S wrote:It's frustrating.

The Bengals are ran by a complete jackass owner of a HOFer, there practice facilities would make COLLEGE TEAMS laugh. Christ, I drove by them on the way to Kentucky, and I was amazed that it was that close to downtown and by a fucking interstate.

And yet, they've found a way, stumbling half-drunk on cincytucky moonshine to have a few mediocre seasons. Browns? Fucking A. For all intensive purposes as of late at least they've been trying to kickstart this thing into gear doing everything possible short of bribing the officials.

As opposed to having a world class facility but filling it w/ marginal talent. I could give 2 shits if the Browns held practices at Byers Field and ate lunch at the Flaming Gyro inside P-Town daily. Just bring in talent in the positions that NEED talent.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:45 pm

I do believe we could've drafted Julio Jones or AJ Green last year..... Not trying to complain too much because I was pretty happy with what we got. I really like Phil Taylor (gave him a five at last weeks game), and I agree that Little could be a solid #2. But this is all going to be fine because this off-season WE WILL get an elite WR.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:51 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:I do believe we could've drafted Julio Jones or AJ Green last year..... Not trying to complain too much because I was pretty happy with what we got. I really like Phil Taylor (gave him a five at last weeks game), and I agree that Little could be a solid #2. But this is all going to be fine because this off-season WE WILL get an elite WR.

Green was gone by the time we picked. No way we would have gotten him. Jones? I'll give you that, but I'd much rather have the chance to have two first rounders this upcoming draft.

The Browns are so pathetically devoid of talent and depth that the trade needed to happen. And at least, unlike the pathetic trade down of 2008, it's at least paying off. (Little, Sheard, and Taylor have all looked solid).

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:As opposed to having a world class facility but filling it w/ marginal talent. I could give 2 shits if the Browns held practices at Byers Field and ate lunch at the Flaming Gyro inside P-Town daily. Just bring in talent in the positions that NEED talent.

Isn't one of the reasons that Bungles fans are constantly pissed off at the org down there is the lack of a FO and GM?

again, the Browns have some form of that, and they still fail.

Triple-S

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Finally got the blade clutch off the lawn mower today. Had to beat it like a Cleveland team in any sporting event, ever.

Had a few beers whilst raking as well. And wrote a case summary for class.

Point being, no reason to waste a day watching. Put it on the radio and go about your day. The result is usually a foregone conclusion anyway.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Besides SnapGate and Little's drops, what pissed me off was that third down where Colt just ran out of bounds right near the first down marker. He was clearly short and made no visible effort to get the fresh set of downs. Did he not realize it was third down? Did he somehow think he had the first down? That was pathetic.... as was his interception. Are these things he'll grow out of?
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:25 pm

At least I seen progress in this game today. In some of the loses I could not see progress or anyone getting better at all.

These are the types of games Shurmur wants to play close games but his decision making needs to get better if this is the way he is going to play. You live by the FG you die by the FG. We have died the past two games.

I said it before and I will say it again besides Mack and Thomas this line is bad. They are going to get McCoy killed out there. Sucks the Falcons keep winning so that pick keeps dropping lower and lower.

I really hope they address the LB group and O-line in FA. Get the best offensive playermaker with the first pick and the best player available with the Falcons pick.
Cleveland Matt

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm

think andy reid would dig being an oc?

Triple-S

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Triple-S wrote:
mitch wrote:Lack of decent (or healthy) safties didn't help, either.

Hagg and Haden are definitly the goats in this.

Making AJ Green and Gresham look like Jerry Rice and John Taylor is awful.

Little not making catches. The defense letting Scott and Benson run at will.

wtf?

Melty ranting is one thing. Blaming Haden for "getting burnt like toast" is another. There is one guy in the back 7 that makes plays. ONE. Today, he just happened to get beat on an amazing pray and catch, after keeping Green pretty much in check all day. The life of a corner who plays man with no S help. There are 52 other guys who should be blamed before Haden. As well as a few coaches.

But rant on.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby hiko » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Haden only let Green get 3 catches.

Unfortunately they were about 37 yard/per.

I think it's unquestionable that Haden is one of the Browns' best players. I also think it's unquestionable that he's been subpar (for him) the last couple weeks.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Agree. Seemed like every catch made with Haden defending, there wasn't a Safety anywhere in the picture. ANDHaden is dinged up pretty bad. Why the safety wouldn't be on the same side of the field as the #1 receiver is beyond me. Get that man some help.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby fairvis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm

For you math and physics geeks out there (hilarious, I know... but some of us do have our PhDs), a proof that Jerome Simpson flopped.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/ ... l-or-fake/
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:think andy reid would dig being an oc?

Yeah... After Meyer, I am drunk with optimism. Why not? What a coup that would be.

C'mon Mike, you love him!
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby pup » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 am

googleeph2 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:think andy reid would dig being an oc?

Yeah... After Meyer, I am drunk with optimism. Why not? What a coup that would be.

C'mon Mike, you love him!

He already is our OC.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 am

fairvis wrote:For you math and physics geeks out there (hilarious, I know... but some of us do have our PhDs), a proof that Jerome Simpson flopped.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/ ... l-or-fake/

Nice. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks dude.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL