Text Size

College Sports Arena

Man Urban Meyer cannot get here fast enough!

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Man Urban Meyer cannot get here fast enough!

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:22 pm

I can't wait for this entire staff to be shown the door. Today was a disgrace. tOSU was thoroughly outcoached by PSU's terrible coaching staff that included an interim coach and a staff that was down 2 coaches. I think Fickell's staff is down 4 or so.

Only keepers on the staff are Drayton (WR's), Doc Tressel (RB's) and Heacock (who will retire regardless).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Man Urban Meyer cannot get here fast enough!

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I'll give a shit when he actually sings on the dotted line. Until then it's just pining and hoping.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'll give a shit when he actually sings on the dotted line. Until then it's just pining and hoping.

On or by Xmas eve.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm just sick of the hype.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm just sick of the hype.

I just hope Urban already has a tattoo.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 am

Urban is part of the system, he is allowed to get free tattoos. No biggie there. See in college sports, everyone EXCEPT the players are allowed to make money and get free shit!
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:02 am

I just saw Urban Meyer eating at Wendy's! He ordered a #5, that's the same number as Braxton! That means he's coming here!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:22 am

No he didn't he ordered a #1 which is the same number as Boom. The outcome is the same.... he is still coming!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:26 am

The BCS is going to be chaos. We're going to forced to watch 2 scumbag SEC teams in the national title game.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:02 am

After this weekend is it SEC West, 1-2-3? WTF.... Christ at this rate South Carolina and GA sneak into the top 10 damn near so you have 5 SEC teams in the top 10???

Win some games assholes what is there to gripe about if they rematch? Well Okie St. can still finish with 1-loss. Oh and Stanford. F-that I'd rather see Bama than Stanford. At this rate Boise and Houston will be in the top 5 as Va. Tech is due for a loss as well.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The BCS is going to be chaos. We're going to forced to watch 2 scumbag SEC teams in the national title game.

Came here to post about this.

fuck this shit.

tired of the BCS making it a one team playoff game with the fucking SEC Champ pounding away on the Big XII/Pac 12 to hear mark may and their fans crow for another year.

at least put some obstacles in their place to make it interesting.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am

Why do I have the feeling that ultimately whatever team has a dependable placekicker will win the BCS title? Alabama, Boise, and now Oregon done in by missed FGs. Granted, Bama still looks like it may get another shot. On another note, glad we don't have to see Oregon any longer. Musberger drooling over them incessantly was/is painful.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:53 am

dmiles wrote:After this weekend is it SEC West, 1-2-3? WTF.... Christ at this rate South Carolina and GA sneak into the top 10 damn near so you have 5 SEC teams in the top 10???

Win some games assholes what is there to gripe about if they rematch? Well Okie St. can still finish with 1-loss. Oh and Stanford. F-that I'd rather see Bama than Stanford. At this rate Boise and Houston will be in the top 5 as Va. Tech is due for a loss as well.

Yeah but B10 will own spots 15-20!

Va. Tech is the ultimate over hyped program, it's Deja Vu with them every year. Get the preseason top 10 ranking, media plays them up to be a dangerous contender, they lose a game they shouldn't (but really should) early then rattle of two months worth of wins, only to get stuck exactly where they should have been when it all started, in a who gives a fuck bowl match up. They should have a lifetime preseason top ten ban.

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:15 pm

someone posted on another site a pic with Urbz doing O-H-I-O with a 3 serviceman. claims that it's fairly recent.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm waiting on Gordon Gee introducing Bill Callahan in a Florida Gators hoodie.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I fail to see why we should have an all SEC Final.

If the regular season is truly a playoff than by all assumptions, 'Bama and Arkansas should have both been eliminated from contention following a loss to LSU? (And yes, no way in hell LSU doesn't lose to Arkansas.)

If this is not on the table, then why did scUM not get in on a rematch in the desert un 06? Fair is fair, and yes conditions are very similar. It's not apples to oranges. It's granny smith to washington.

Now, again, under a playoff system? I'd have zero problem with a rematch in either a semi-finals, or a championship game. Under that scenario, 'Bama would have had to probably go through a fairly tougher road hoping that they could have gotten some form of an at-large bid trying to impress the voters and the damn computer.

And if I'm the commissioner of any of the other conferences out there, I'd be steamed as all hell about this. Because what you've just done is taken out what could have been money out of your conferences pocket all in order to support a failed system.

I know LSU is good, NFL Talent across the board, etc. I can't think of one team off the top of my head that could beat those guys. And that such a game is all but nothing but a minor little thing they have to go through. But it's disappointing to me. It ruins the season. How do we know that Houston couldn't have say, pulled out a bag of Tricks at Jerry World (where a presumed playoff game could have been held)? How do we know that Wisconsin/MSU/PSU could have stunned the world and proven that SEC Speed is a myth? How do we know LSU is the Champion?

Triple-S

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:59 am

Triple-S wrote:I fail to see why we should have an all SEC Final.

If the regular season is truly a playoff than by all assumptions, 'Bama and Arkansas should have both been eliminated from contention following a loss to LSU? (And yes, no way in hell LSU doesn't lose to Arkansas.)

If this is not on the table, then why did scUM not get in on a rematch in the desert un 06? Fair is fair, and yes conditions are very similar. It's not apples to oranges. It's granny smith to washington.

Now, again, under a playoff system? I'd have zero problem with a rematch in either a semi-finals, or a championship game. Under that scenario, 'Bama would have had to probably go through a fairly tougher road hoping that they could have gotten some form of an at-large bid trying to impress the voters and the damn computer.

And if I'm the commissioner of any of the other conferences out there, I'd be steamed as all hell about this. Because what you've just done is taken out what could have been money out of your conferences pocket all in order to support a failed system.

I know LSU is good, NFL Talent across the board, etc. I can't think of one team off the top of my head that could beat those guys. And that such a game is all but nothing but a minor little thing they have to go through. But it's disappointing to me. It ruins the season. How do we know that Houston couldn't have say, pulled out a bag of Tricks at Jerry World (where a presumed playoff game could have been held)? How do we know that Wisconsin/MSU/PSU could have stunned the world and proven that SEC Speed is a myth? How do we know LSU is the Champion?

Not sure what the arguments about. Teams from the pac and Big ten can be above Alabama - just don't lose.

Best conference in the country is going to get the nod, and deservedly so.

And spare me with the Houston's and Boise's. Good programs, fine. But Houston or Boise get a linebacker banged up they can let em' heal for 3 weeks against Wyoming, Montana, or whatever other rummies are comin' into town. Bama's probably going to need the guy to suck it up cause they are playing real teams.

Teams that coulda got there lost to double digit dogs. Nobody to blame but themselves.

And for the thousanth time, the poll that should be used is the one Vegas uses, which used to be put out by LV sports consultants. - it was posted on espn.com last week. You wanna take a poll based on what assistant coaches who don't watch games and a bunch of old white hairs, or do you want one made by guys who watch more football than anyone, and compose a poll cause their livelyhood depends on it?

And yes, this poll would have to two SEC teams 1 and 2 - cause they deserve it.
Last edited by leadpipe on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 am

^^^^^ Somebody has been drinking.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 am

Kind of a cruddy year in college football.

I know the Buckeyes sucktitude has a lot to do with it, but there really aren't any complete teams out there this year. 'Bama and LSU have offenses that almost make Woody Hayes look like an innovator. Now they do have amazing D's though, some of the most complete D's I have seen in the NCAA.

The rest of the schools seem more apt to major breakdowns than any year I can remember. The football just seems worst this year. Again, it is probably because I am watching through shattered scarlet and grey goggles.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 am

Again, it's the best conference, bur it works against the whole "regular season as a playoff theory", if you indeed have a rematch. And frankly, I fail to see the need for one. Alabama and LSU played, LSU won (albeit barely), and that should be the end of the discussion. The point of having them replay is pointless.

If LSU beats 'Bama and Arkansas, which I'm assuming they will, then bring them the number 3/4 team to play over the rematch.

Triple-S

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 am

Triple-S wrote:Again, it's the best conference, bur it works against the whole "regular season as a playoff theory", if you indeed have a rematch. And frankly, I fail to see the need for one. Alabama and LSU played, LSU won (albeit barely), and that should be the end of the discussion. The point of having them replay is pointless.

If LSU beats 'Bama and Arkansas, which I'm assuming they will, then bring them the number 3/4 team to play over the rematch.

So, you would like to see a playoff, yet you don't want to see the two best teams in the championship game?

Don't see how you penalize Alabama for losing to #2, while other teams have lost to lesser opponents, in many cases FAR lesser opponents.

And I can see leap-frogging Alabama cause they lost at home, but you gotta take care of business and not lose to the Cyclones or Bears.

I think there would be less outcry (although still outcry) had the Bama/LSU game been 40-38, but it's two great defensive teams that are (to Furls point) either protecting a young QB (Bama) or coddling a couple guys they don't REALLY trust (LSU) - and in the championship game you're probably going to get a similiar game to the first.

But they are the best two teams in the country, so they deserve to play, ILO.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:52 am

Yah, I agree with Lead, at this point and time. Things can change quickly, as evidenced by this weekend and countless others before it.

Its really difficult to justify putting OK in the title game over Bama, but then on the otherhand, people put UF in the championship game vs OSU SPECIFICALLY because Michigan had thier shot. No other reason, besides not wanting a single conference final.

So to that end, following the same logic, OK would get the shot even though they lost to the inferior opponent.

Personally I'm conflicted. In 06, though UM did look like the #2 team I didn't feel they should get a 2nd shot at us, and there being a couple weeks of seperation this year doesn't change that view for me, I really dont think Bama deserves another shot. But they do look like the clear #2.

Big 10 Champ and Big East and Pac 12, ACC champs are unworthy this season. The 2nd best (record wise) team in the SEC already got thier shot, at home, and couldn;t do it.

I dont know. I guess I feel OK should get in if they win out, even though they are probably the #3 team.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 am

The BCS is such an absolute farce - it's really not worth getting all worked up over a system that uses subjective polls by guys who don't watch the games AND computers.

Think about that - a machine the size of American college football, the money aspect of which probably rivals F1 or English Premier League - in other words one of the largest sports enterprises in the entire world - picks the best teams based on a combo of a human beauty contest and computer rankings.

That's what happens when men with giant egos and no ethics meet men with giant piles of cash and no ethics.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 am

mattvan1 wrote:The BCS is such an absolute farce - it's really not worth getting all worked up over a system that uses subjective polls by guys who don't watch the games AND computers.

Think about that - a machine the size of American college football, the money aspect of which probably rivals F1 or English Premier League - in other words one of the largest sports enterprises in the entire world - picks the best teams based on a combo of a human beauty contest and computer rankings.

That's what happens when men with giant egos and no ethics meet men with giant piles of cash and no ethics.

I agree. The coaches poll in particular being such a meaningful part of this equation is such an insult to intellegence.
JCoz

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Rehire Tressel. Not like he raped anyone.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Rehire Tressel. Not like he raped anyone.

This is the single dumbest statement OSU fans have ever made.

If David Roth hadn't already written on this I would.

You simply cannot let an outrageous failure of humanity make a smaller failure right.

Please. Never. Write. This. Again.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:02 pm

[quote="JCoz"Personally I'm conflicted. In 06, though UM did look like the #2 team I didn't feel they should get a 2nd shot at us, and there being a couple weeks of seperation this year doesn't change that view for me, I really dont think Bama deserves another shot. But they do look like the clear #2.

Big 10 Champ and Big East and Pac 12, ACC champs are unworthy this season. The 2nd best (record wise) team in the SEC already got thier shot, at home, and couldn;t do it. [/quote]

Well, and the only other team you could maybe argue for is the Coogs. And their schedule is kinda preventing them from even being considered.

It boils down to this for me. 'Bama had their chance, and they lost.No matter how good they've looked, they've lost to number 1 in conference, and did not win their conference. The latter should be VERY important imo in determining who should be playing in the title game.

I value a conference championship overall in this format. You can't win your conference? I'll take the MAC Champ over you.

If this is a playoff though, 'Bama gets the first at-large spot in a heartbeat.

Triple-S

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 pm

LSUFreak is great.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Triple-S wrote:[quote="JCoz"Personally I'm conflicted. In 06, though UM did look like the #2 team I didn't feel they should get a 2nd shot at us, and there being a couple weeks of seperation this year doesn't change that view for me, I really dont think Bama deserves another shot. But they do look like the clear #2.

Big 10 Champ and Big East and Pac 12, ACC champs are unworthy this season. The 2nd best (record wise) team in the SEC already got thier shot, at home, and couldn;t do it.

Well, and the only other team you could maybe argue for is the Coogs. And their schedule is kinda preventing them from even being considered.

It boils down to this for me. 'Bama had their chance, and they lost.No matter how good they've looked, they've lost to number 1 in conference, and did not win their conference. The latter should be VERY important imo in determining who should be playing in the title game.

I value a conference championship overall in this format. You can't win your conference? I'll take the MAC Champ over you.

If this is a playoff though, 'Bama gets the first at-large spot in a heartbeat.[/quote]

Stop.

If you are the two best teams in the country, you should play for the National Championship. Don't care if they already played. Don't care if they are from the same state. Don't care if they are from the same conference.

I am still hoping for an Arkansas and Auburn win this week. Then a Georgia win in the SEC Championship game.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I agree you have to have the 2 best teams in the title game. Don't care so much about anything else.

But, and maybe I'm dumb, but I don't see how it's so obvious that LSU and Alabama are the two best teams. LSU has no offense and Alabama lost at home to a team with no offense. LSU has taken care of business though and deserves the nod. But I've seen nothing that distinguishes Alabama from the other 1 loss teams; all of them are flawed.

If all of them are flawed, I'm going to give the nod to some conference champ, probably the big XII champ, because we know that Alabama couldn't get it done in their shot already. If we have to pick 1-loss teams, I'm picking a team that hasn't already lost at home to LSU. Cause anyone who tells you that they know Alabama is better than OSU or OU hasn't been paying attention. Alabama might be better, but it looks like a toss up to me.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:52 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm with you. Except I'm not sure why you say LSU doesn't have an offense. With the exception of one notable game this year, that team hasn't failed to put a large amount of points on the board.

LSU is clearly the best team in the country, not just because of the record, but b/c of the teams they've beat. Oregon and WVU out of conference. When you get to #2, I don't think it's a clear cut, still it's hard to make a case for anyone but Bama.

If you look at loses, you've got a team that lost in overtime to what is clearly the best team in the country or a team that lost to a mediocre team in overtime on a short week.

If you look at wins you're comparing wins over K state, Baylor and possibly Oklahoma, versus wins over Arkansas and Penn State.

With two loses, OU and Oregon are out of it. Only other team with a chance at an argument is Stanford with a win over USC and a loss to Oregon, but they might not even win the Pac 10.

Fact is, if OU beats OSU, they're really isn't another choice than Bama.

Go Hogs. Go Dawgs.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:04 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'll give a shit when he actually sings on the dotted line. Until then it's just pining and hoping.

On or by Xmas eve.

When is the Duke vs. Buckeyes hoops game?
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I drank far too much on Sat. Was knocked out for most of yesterday. OU lost again. ::doh::

There is no other logical choice today. Bama it is. Anything can happen from here, but it is what it is today.
JCoz

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:21 pm

“The concerns are still there,” Meyer told The Sun. “No. 1 — my health. No. 2 — my family. No. 3 — the state of college football. I've done some research into the second one. I've found that it is possible to have balance between your job and your family, that there are coaches out there who are doing it.

“I'm in a good place right now mentally and physically. So if something happens with Ohio State, I'll have a decision to make. But there has been no interview. There has been no offer to make a decision about.”

That is as close to a yes without saying it as you'll hear.

Welcome Urban.

As for the BCmesS, how F'd up is it that the #2 team in the country is in the best position of everyone in the hunt. They have only 1 game left (favorable match up despite the rivalry) and they can go to the NCG despite not even playing in the vaunted SEC CG and while having lost to the team (LSU) that could very well likely go the SEC championship game, meanwhile Georgia might as well be Rodney Dangerfield in this mess.

I mean really if LSU wins out who really deserves the chance to play them?

Oregon, pfft been there done that.
Bama, could say ^ but it is hard to say they're not 2nd best team in nation.
OKST, after that loss?
OU, after that loss?
Stanford, see Oregon, hate to use transitive property but,plus there's no D in PAC12
VaTech, LMAO.

At this point let Boise get thrown to the wolves?

Might sound crazy but Wiscy really screwed this all up this year.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:22 pm

JCoz wrote:There is no other logical choice today. Bama it is.

They had their shot to beat the man. They failed. Even if LSU-Stanford is a joke on paper, I still give the Cardinals the nod.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20111121/ARTICLES/111129941/1153?Title=Meyer-denies-reports-of-Ohio-State-job

His quotes about OSU do nothing to quash the rumor mill.

If something happens with OSU he'll have a lot to think about.

That sounds different than previous quotes I've seen from him this season, that's for sure.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
JCoz wrote:There is no other logical choice today. Bama it is.

They had their shot to beat the man. They failed. Even if LSU-Stanford is a joke on paper, I still give the Cardinals the nod.

There are still games to be played. But I'm not feeling Stanford. Okie St is still in a better position to make a case if they won out.
JCoz

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 pm

In effect, by making LSU play in the Conference Championship game, and to have 'Bama just chill and watch it on TV, something doesn't seem right.

You're talking about, giving 'Bama a BYE WEEK FOR LOSING TO LSU.

No matter how good 'bama is, they've lost that right to play by not beating the man.

Triple-S

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

JCoz wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20111121/ARTICLES/111129941/1153?Title=Meyer-denies-reports-of-Ohio-State-job

His quotes about OSU do nothing to quash the rumor mill.

If something happens with OSU he'll have a lot to think about.

That sounds different than previous quotes I've seen from him this season, that's for sure.

Seems to me this is Urban's way of indirectly telling Gene Smith to interview him and offer him the job
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Triple-S wrote:In effect, by making LSU play in the Conference Championship game, and to have 'Bama just chill and watch it on TV, something doesn't seem right.

No matter how good 'bama is, they've lost that right to play by not beating the man.

Both teams will have to wait more then a month to play again anyway. That extra week of waiting sounds more like a hindrance then a advantage.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Govbarney wrote:
Triple-S wrote:In effect, by making LSU play in the Conference Championship game, and to have 'Bama just chill and watch it on TV, something doesn't seem right.

Both teams will have to wait more then a month to play again anyway. That extra week of waiting sounds more like a hindrance then a advantage.

Wouldn't Arkansas just jump Bama and LSU stay ahead of Bama?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 pm

pup wrote:
Govbarney wrote:

If Arkansas beats LSU , it becomes a epic charlie foxtrot. Either way its still a all SEC Championship.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:44 pm

pup wrote:
Govbarney wrote:

You'd think. Part of the problem is this whole when you lose thing, and the perception that the later you lose the more it should impact your chances....when a loss is a loss regardless.

I have no problem with a Bama LSU v2 if that's what happens but I can see where others have a problem with it.

FUDU

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You simply cannot let an outrageous failure of humanity make a smaller failure right.
Please. Never. Write. This. Again.

Where's the crucifix emoticon?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

FWIW LSU and Bama are light years ahead of number 3.

An Arkansas win this week won't get them in.

Not sayin' we gotta like it, just sayin' what is.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 pm

If Arkansas beats LSU, it be the '01-'02 season all over again; Colorado crushes Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship , yet Nebraska still goes to the National Championship game.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:33 am

fundamentals wrote:
FUDU wrote:

On or by Xmas eve.

When is the Duke vs. Buckeyes hoops game?

November 29th.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 am

leadpipe wrote:FWIW LSU and Bama are light years ahead of number 3.

An Arkansas win this week won't get them in.

Not sayin' we gotta like it, just sayin' what is.

This is fact. The reason the Hogs won't get in is there would be a 3 way tie (assuming Bama wins) and they would lose the SEC tie breaker, which is based on.....wait for it......the BCS rankings.

The only way NOT to see a rematch is Bama would need to lose to Auburn. For LSU not to make it, they would need to lose to Arkansas AND the lose again to Georgia in the SEC Championship.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Next

Return to College Sports Arena