Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns/Jags

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns/Jags

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Hence my coined phrase, the MFL, Mediocre Football League
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm thouroughly disappointed to read this thread and not see a post from Trip S screaming for Bottlegate 2.0 after the pass interference call on Haden that last possession. This joint is slipping.

Although the thought of mother being whipped soundly w/ a wiffleball bat does make up for it a touch.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:I'm thouroughly disappointed to read this thread and not see a post from Trip S screaming for Bottlegate 2.0 after the pass interference call on Haden that last possession. This joint is slipping.

Although the thought of mother being whipped soundly w/ a wiffleball bat does make up for it a touch.

meh.

Bottle gate happened when the team was in contention for a playoff spot. I was happy for a W., but it's all about draft choices.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 am

1. I'm not wired to root for the Browns to lose (unless they were really in the Luck Sweepstakes). I'm glad they won. Once the season is effectively over, losses don't hurt as much since they help draft position, but I still feel better when they win.

2. Don't worry, their remaining schedule predicates they will lose their share.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 am

hiko wrote:1. I'm not wired to root for the Browns to lose (unless they were really in the Luck Sweepstakes). I'm glad they won. Once the season is effectively over, losses don't hurt as much since they help draft position, but I still feel better when they win.

Screw draft position....play to win and play with the hand you're dealt

Period.

The aura of losing must be stopped and replaced with a culture of winning, stats and fan opinion be damned

McCoy had another 4th qtr game winning drive...too few and far between is redundant, undoubtedly....but, it is what it is and he gets mad props by me for getting it done
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
hiko wrote:1. I'm not wired to root for the Browns to lose (unless they were really in the Luck Sweepstakes). I'm glad they won. Once the season is effectively over, losses don't hurt as much since they help draft position, but I still feel better when they win.

Period.

The aura of losing must be stopped and replaced with a culture of winning, stats and fan opinion be damned

McCoy had another 4th qtr game winning drive...too few and far between is redundant, undoubtedly....but, it is what it is and he gets mad props by me for getting it done

Not sure, but have we ever agreed before?

Losing leads to losing. That needs to stop. While they did not look "good", they did not look mind numbing shitty. And they won.

Both lines played good.

The only time I remember sitting their shaking my head was when Gocong got BURIED in the hole my MJD on his TD run.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:56 am

pup wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

Period.

Not sure, but have we ever agreed before?

Losing leads to losing. That needs to stop. While they did not look "good", they did not look mind numbing shitty. And they won.

Both lines played good.

The only time I remember sitting their shaking my head was when Gocong got BURIED in the hole my MJD on his TD run.

No argument from me either. I would gladly sacrifice draft position for the team learning to win.

My shaking my head came from the 17 times that Haden got beat on a slant by nobody WR's and Blaine f-ing Gabbert.
hiko

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 am

IMO the Browns most glaring need is at LB

If we picked 2 in the 1st rd I wouldn't bitch at all considering the slow assed midgets we have there now
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:IMO the Browns most glaring need is at LB

If we picked 2 in the 1st rd I wouldn't bitch at all considering the slow assed midgets we have there now

:group:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 pm

There's too many positions of need for me to get riled about which one(s) they fill in the 1st Round.

I'm still not against taking a QB either.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Have you watched RG3 play yet hiko?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Have you watched RG3 play yet hiko?

The throw he made to win that game Saturday night was simply ridiculous. And he did that all night. He got lucky on the deflected throw for a TD but the way he kept plays alive, ran for a couple big first downs and threw that receiver open in the corner with 8 seconds to play was beautiful.

And during a timeout I looked at where he stood in relation to his size and the size of his OL and skill players and I certainly didn't get the impression dude was short at all.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 pm

The ironic thing is that I actually thought he made a *great* throw on the deflected TD. WR just couldn't get it in before the db got his arm in there.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Have you watched RG3 play yet hiko?

The throw he made to win that game Saturday night was simply ridiculous. And he did that all night. He got lucky on the deflected throw for a TD but the way he kept plays alive, ran for a couple big first downs and threw that receiver open in the corner with 8 seconds to play was beautiful.

And during a timeout I looked at where he stood in relation to his size and the size of his OL and skill players and I certainly didn't get the impression dude was short at all.

Saturday night was my first extended watching of him, and he is enticing. And I felt the same as Peek about his size - I'd guess he's a solid 2 inches taller than Colt. It'd be cooler if he were 6'4, but I think he's plenty tall enough to be effective.

Throws a good ball with good arm strength, obviously fast as fuck but seems to scramble to throw as much as to run... yeah, I wouldn't mind it if they took him at all.

With the plethora of QB's in this draft, I wonder if he'd fall to that Atlanta pick (which I'm guessing will be somewhere around 15-20). I know we need D too, but imagine getting Blackmon and RG3 in the 1st Round... :hic:
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 pm

One thing to keep in mind re: the off-season. This team is going to have to spend serious $$$$ w/ the cap floor coming. They HAVE to be active in FA this year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:One thing to keep in mind re: the off-season. This team is going to have to spend serious $$$$ w/ the cap floor coming. They HAVE to be active in FA this year.

I could be wrong, but I thought they had to be at the floor by the end of this season.

Which is part of the reason guys like Evan Moore and Gocong got deals when they did.

Like I said, don't know where I heard/read that, but it's something I seem to recall.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:39 pm

In the same regard, even if they are front-loading all those contracts the floor doesn't magically go away. They are going to have to increase salary on the whole.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Let's hope a DQ extension is part of that.
hiko

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:IMO the Browns most glaring need is at LB

There is enough "need glare" to go around alright, and you may be right we NEED faster LBs. I wouldn't call Fujita & Gocong midgets however,....slow assed yes. Take BPA. Guaranteed we could find a spot for them on this roster.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL