Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sandusky

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I posted something along these lines two days ago. Saw it coming with other men being involved and the rumors were strong, the "pimped out" aspect is new though.


Yeah, I just figured that they would find a few other pederasts among the coaches and administrators of Second Mile. I never even considered this. Horrific.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am

HoodooMan wrote:


I don't watch that much ESPN, but last night at 6:30 was the first time I saw someone on the network directly say they didn't think Paterno should finish out the year. SVP was clearly disturbed by the story as early as Monday afternoon, but all week there was a constant thread of people surrounding him on his show who just didn't seem to get it (he himself never really stated a strong opinion either)--as late as yesterday afternoon his guest Joe Schad expressed his opinion that Paterno should be allowed to finish the season.

Following the press conference last night, people like Fowler & Herbstreit, who, IIRC, had much more wishy-washy takes on the story earlier in the week, finally found some moral high ground. Same with Kornheiser & Wilbon on PTI a few hours before. And I have a hard time believing all these talking heads stumbled upon that moral high ground without being directed there by their late and slow-reacting corporate overlords.


Yeah, I've actually listened to a fair amount of SVP this week because Bomani still doesn't have a damned show and I thought he was very strong on it. Guest ranging from Ben Jones to Wetzel (seriously, amazed ESPN lets him have the Yahoo guys on).

I can't comment on the rest because I've avoided it.

Much like I avoided Jason Whitlock on MSNBC last night commenting on this.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 am

Also, I think guys like Fowler, Herby, etc have no opinion till their talking heads give them on. This feeds into the recent mass exodus of talented writers from the web-site (Amy Nelson, Feldman, FORDE!!!).

The fact that the opinions expressed on ESPN as expected to fit a corporate mantra is becoming clearer by the day and some guys are most certainly scared to take a stance on a touchy issue before corporate gives them the okay, IMO.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am

I am driving around one day at lunch and usually have Jim Rome or ESPN Radio going (Scott Van Pelt) and Ryen Rusillo. Anyway, the content that day was crap or else there was dead air time and I am flipping through my radio and Alex Jones is on... Screaming about rich people in power paying for sex with minors.

All I could think was what a fucking nut-job and turned it off. And he is... However it makes me wonder, what the Fuck is going on? The fact that there could even be a market for this is horrific. Last Saturday night I couldn't have imagined anything worse, and now this? Apparently I am not creative enough.... How the hell do they find each other?
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:13 am

I would have drank acid if I accidentally found Alex Jones on the radio

And NAMBLA and the internet do exist.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
JCoz wrote:


Feels like a make up call after reading Ramzy's piece.

Sorry, but I cant even make it through that bullshit having read what they said about the James/TT coverage.

They shouldn't be held as credible at any point after that.And I felt that way long before a few days ago.


Good lord, I'm not claiming some Ombudsman coming after ESPN's deplorable job here makes the Network credible, but don't be an asshole.

Anytime they get internal strife against them it's good. Probably won't amount to a damn thing but it's worth a head nod. And no, they didn't fucking go read Ramzy's piece then have their Ombudsman copy it.


I didn't say copy it, and I agree it likely has nothing to do with Ramzy's piece. I'm saying this exact omsbudsman(not "some") has no crediblility, so who gives a fuck. Sure great, they roasted ESPN this time while missing the boat for coutless others. I'm sure that will move the needle on ESPN's fake news reporting.

Case and point: While this story was in another stratospere, the James case was a far greater case of ESPN not objectively reporting while mascarading as a news network. In this case they were a bit late on the coverage, not in complete and total conflict of interest.
Last edited by JCoz on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

You do realize ESPN gets a new Ombsbudmen every few months, right?

I mean seriously, just stop being a dick. Usually their omsbudsmen don't say shit. The last disappeared for 200 days at one point last year.

This is the dumbest thing to rail on I could imagine right now, the fact that an ESPN Omsbsudsman finally acted like one... christ.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, I think guys like Fowler, Herby, etc have no opinion till their talking heads give them on. This feeds into the recent mass exodus of talented writers from the web-site (Amy Nelson, Feldman, FORDE!!!).

The fact that the opinions expressed on ESPN as expected to fit a corporate mantra is becoming clearer by the day and some guys are most certainly scared to take a stance on a touchy issue before corporate gives them the okay, IMO.


Even with SVP, it was a strange mixture of emotion & restraint all week long. He was clearly upset (enough that his Monday show was the first indication I had that something truly F'd up was going on), but it didn't seem like he felt he had the freedom to say everything that was on his mind. I'll be interested to see if the tone changes on his show today.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

Same name on the Longhorn Network as is on this one, not the Leech/James case, but still.

I agree that its a small thing to rail on at this particular moment, but I feel it wont make any difference. Wont move the needle. Nuff said.
Last edited by JCoz on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

They also rotate.

Either way, I don't give a shit.

Getting pissed off becaues what should be a useful space was for once (and I agree it rarely is) is beyond stupid and shows you can't get over your fucking grudge.

ESPN treats OSU deplorably, that is fine.

At least SOMETHING finally came out of that spot worth a damn.

Nod your head and move on instead of screaming BUT JIM TRESSELL!@#%$!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

I'm expecting some people to get murdered when this is said and done.

Okay hoping.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

I can't believe that when I click on Yahoo sports now I have to see Pat Fucking Forde's stupid fucking face right next to Wetzels.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am

It's kind of hilarious
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 am

FBI needs to move in quickly and seize records. Also start tracing donors to 2nd mile. What if some funds were diverted to Penn State? Joe was "the greatest fundraiser" maybe he was getting some help without knowing it.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 am

If this goes Federal, oh man.

Also, Wetzel had a legal guy familier with the Catholic Church deal on his podcast yesterday. They were saying this will costs hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits, as the University and everyone else involved will be sued on a huge level and will have to settle out of court just as the Catholic church did.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

e0y2e3 wrote:They also rotate.

Either way, I don't give a shit.

Getting pissed off becaues what should be a useful space was for once (and I agree it rarely is) is beyond stupid and shows you can't get over your fucking grudge.

ESPN treats OSU deplorably, that is fine.

At least SOMETHING finally came out of that spot worth a damn.

Nod your head and move on instead of screaming BUT JIM TRESSELL!@#%$!


Get over yourself EO. It isn't a grudge is a real issue that ESPN has, and it goes far beyond OSU. Let the Tressel thing go, Has nothing to do with him. Just because my rooting interest is OSU doesn't make me or anyone else wrong when in comes to ESPN's slippery slope, which you yourself are calling out and pointing to with things like Feldman.

Enough.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

JCoz wrote:TheBigLead Jason McIntyre
Uh-oh RT @nathanielkraft Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that Sandusky & Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors



Please God no.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 am

The morning after Paterno won his 400th game, there was still a buzz in the Penn State football offices, still a sense of excitement, and when Paterno arrived he gathered everyone together and said: “That was wonderful. But now that’s over.” He may not do everything he once did — but he stands for all the same things.


- Joe Posnanski Nov 18, 2010

Joe has been in State College for 7 months working on a book about Joe Pa. Fortunately for him, it sounds like it's in the preliminary research phase and he hasn't started writing yet. Otherwise he'd probably need a pretty damn big eraser.

Poz - " I think Joe is what people think he is -- after all, you can't fool people for 60 years. Sure, I would hope there will be a lot in the book that will offer insight into Joe as a person, as a coach, as a teacher, as a role model, as a friend, as a legend and all those things. But I don't think we're going to find out that Joe is actually a 6-foot-3 gentleman with a Southern accent.

He is Joe Paterno. He's not the saint that some of his more enthusiastic fans try to paint him as. And he's also not the character that some of his critics paint him as. He's a man who I think, for 60 years, really has tried his best."
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 am

JCoz wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:They also rotate.

Either way, I don't give a shit.

Getting pissed off becaues what should be a useful space was for once (and I agree it rarely is) is beyond stupid and shows you can't get over your fucking grudge.

ESPN treats OSU deplorably, that is fine.

At least SOMETHING finally came out of that spot worth a damn.

Nod your head and move on instead of screaming BUT JIM TRESSELL!@#%$!


Get over yourself EO. It isn't a grudge is a real issue that ESPN has, and it goes far beyond OSU. Let the Tressel thing go, Has nothing to do with him. Just because my rooting interest is OSU doesn't make me or anyone else wrong when in comes to ESPN's slippery slope, which you yourself are calling out and pointing to with things like Feldman.

Enough.


Screaming like a petulant bitch because someone wrote a constructive piece for once in that space is acting like a fuck like SSS would.

Frankly it's half the fucking reason college football fans do shit like riot for Paterno.

Your hurt from the OSU thing and you are screaming about it here and in terms of a constructive piece.

That's fucking gross.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 am

Screaming...I love how you've put your own context and body language on my posts.

Move on dude.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 am

I am now thinking that DA got whacked.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.


/nodding my head
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am

JCoz wrote:Screaming...I love how you've put your own context and body language on my posts.

Move on dude.


I'm certainly not the first, maybe think about how and what you write.

Half of this board reacts to you the same.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 am

If the DA got whacked, going to all the trouble to find his home computer and Google how to ruin a hard drive is a pretty serious cover up.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.


Or ditched town rather than burn with the rest.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm certainly not the first, maybe think about how and what you write.

Half of this board reacts to you the same.


Yah I see that all the time, with about 3 people. Many times I deserved. This time its in your head.

Move. On. Dude.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 am

motherscratcher wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.


/nodding my head


Agreed. Wonder why in 2005....wonder how much of this will really get out.

Still doesn't explain the no-prosecution in 1998.

On the take?
Last edited by JCoz on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 am

Then stop being a cunt.

(hint, I'm not giving you the last word just to watch you act like a little bitch)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:40 am

Anyhow, I've now seen twice that the school is still employing both guys that were charged for Perjury and paying their legal bills.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:41 am

jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.

Frankly I don't see how that couldn't be the conclusion from day 1 of this.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 am

And FTR, if you think overreacting to OSU fans that are using this story as some sort of ESPN WAS MEAN TO US referendum, you have no grasp on how sick PSU fans and sick OSU fans are brothers that wear different colors.

Reacting to a simple column the way you did is about as cuntish an overreacting fan reaction as you can get and it falls in line with the assfucks rioting over Joe Pa.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.

Frankly I don't see how that couldn't be the conclusion from day 1 of this.


nah, not before this.

How did 1998 no prosecution + 2005 sudden dissapearance = Clearly whacked by 2nd Mile before this?

Now its much bigger.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Anyhow, I've now seen twice that the school is still employing both guys that were charged for Perjury and paying their legal bills.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?


That is my understanding as well. But I would doubt that would continue now that this has blown up.

Like Paterno, PSU's trustees will do the absolute minimum they have to... until forced otherwise.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

hiko wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Anyhow, I've now seen twice that the school is still employing both guys that were charged for Perjury and paying their legal bills.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?


That is my understanding as well. But I would doubt that would continue now that this has blown up.

Like Paterno, PSU's trustees will do the absolute minimum they have to... until forced otherwise.


It would be nice to see a reporter actually ask about this.

I mean Joe Pa fell because he was the face of the school but their is still someone that committed the same crime as him (McQuery) and two that committed worse crimes on board best I can tell.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

JCoz wrote:Agreed. Wonder why in 2005....wonder how much of this will really get out.

Still doesn't explain the no-prosecution in 1998.

On the take?


That, or just another PSU worshipper/protector. That town is apparently Stepford-weird.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And FTR, if you think overreacting to OSU fans that are using this story as some sort of ESPN WAS MEAN TO US referendum, you have no grasp on how sick PSU fans and sick OSU fans are brothers that wear different colors.

Reacting to a simple column the way you did is about as cuntish an overreacting fan reaction as you can get and it falls in line with the assfucks rioting over Joe Pa.


Cuntish overreacting. Yah I'm seeing that now that you are pointing it out.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
hiko wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Anyhow, I've now seen twice that the school is still employing both guys that were charged for Perjury and paying their legal bills.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?


That is my understanding as well. But I would doubt that would continue now that this has blown up.

Like Paterno, PSU's trustees will do the absolute minimum they have to... until forced otherwise.


It would be nice to see a reporter actually ask about this.

I mean Joe Pa fell because he was the face of the school but their is still someone that committed the same crime as him (McQuery) and two that committed worse crimes on board best I can tell.


In my opinion, McQueary is clearly worse for running off and leaving Sandusky in the shower with the boy to finish.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 am

You should go rally at Tressel's house JCoz, show support.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 am

JCoz wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.

Frankly I don't see how that couldn't be the conclusion from day 1 of this.


nah, not before this.

How did 1998 no prosecution + 2005 sudden dissapearance = Clearly whacked by 2nd Mile before this?

Now its much bigger.

IMO if you read the details of his disappearance, and completely ignore any & all of this PSU stuff, you can gather it was most likely a whacking.

It's moot now either way.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am

jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.



Yep.

Jesus. This is numbing. This shit is going national and all defenders are going to look really fuckin stupid.

I'm actually sick to my stomach just thinking where else this may go. 2 days ago I thought it couldn't be worse. Yesterday I thought it couldn't be worse. Today, it is worse. What's next...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am

e0y2e3 wrote:If the DA got whacked, going to all the trouble to find his home computer and Google how to ruin a hard drive is a pretty serious cover up.


Just as his disappearance and Jerry Sandusky might be completely unrelated...so too the computer searches about ruining a hard drive and his disappearance might be unrelated.

It doesn't sound like he was a likely candidate for suicide.

The "whacked" theory though doesn't account for the timing....in 2005?...although we know that Sandusky's crimes were still going on then.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am

hiko wrote:In my opinion, McQueary is clearly worse for running off and leaving Sandusky in the shower with the boy to finish.


They can't let him take the sideline for another game.They should have fired him yesterday as well. If there are some legal or civil implications to that than suspending him indefinitely would be another route. But he simply can't be on the sidelines for the rest of the season.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:It would be nice to see a reporter actually ask about this.

I mean Joe Pa fell because he was the face of the school but their is still someone that committed the same crime as him (McQuery) and two that committed worse crimes on board best I can tell.


Someone actually did ask the board rep during the press conference last night.

RE: Paying legal costs--"I don't know."

RE: McQuery--"No change in status."
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:It would be nice to see a reporter actually ask about this.

I mean Joe Pa fell because he was the face of the school but their is still someone that committed the same crime as him (McQuery) and two that committed worse crimes on board best I can tell.


Someone actually did ask the board rep during the press conference last night.

RE: Paying legal costs--"I don't know."

RE: McQuery--"No change in status."


My first thought on that a couple days ago was that they probably felt they needed to pay for thier defense to attempt to protect the University.

But now......fuck.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:03 pm

JCoz wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:It would be nice to see a reporter actually ask about this.

I mean Joe Pa fell because he was the face of the school but their is still someone that committed the same crime as him (McQuery) and two that committed worse crimes on board best I can tell.


Someone actually did ask the board rep during the press conference last night.

RE: Paying legal costs--"I don't know."

RE: McQuery--"No change in status."


My first thought on that a couple days ago was that they probably felt they needed to pay for thier defense to attempt to protect the University.

But now......fuck.


Well, if they're doing it to buy silence, they are fucked. These guys are going down, and if you think dudes like that won't cut plea bargains to save their own asses, you're high.

The burning is not done. PSU is probably a long way from "hitting bottom".
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 pm

NYT on McQuery: http://nyti.ms/vRcijn
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm

noles1 wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.



Yep.

Jesus. This is numbing. This shit is going national and all defenders are going to look really fuckin stupid.

I'm actually sick to my stomach just thinking where else this may go. 2 days ago I thought it couldn't be worse. Yesterday I thought it couldn't be worse. Today, it is worse. What's next...


Imagine for a moment PSU is not the only school involved....

I have an ill feeling that his is becoming too big to be confined to such a small area and I won't be surprised to start hearing names of others outside PSU being mentioned...sad as that sounds

...and hearing McQueary's father say he's a tuff guy and will get thru this makes me want to punch the shit out of both of them....they're both cowards
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 pm

hiko wrote:
JCoz wrote:My first thought on that a couple days ago was that they probably felt they needed to pay for thier defense to attempt to protect the University.

But now......fuck.


Well, if they're doing it to buy silence, they are fucked. These guys are going down, and if you think dudes like that won't cut plea bargains to save their own asses, you're high.

The burning is not done. PSU is probably a long way from "hitting bottom".


I agree, there is no buying silence. Sounds like they are backtracking from those defense cost now that they look to have 100's of millions in payouts to make.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 pm

hiko wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.


Or ditched town rather than burn with the rest.



Motive?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:15 pm

JCoz wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
jb wrote:I am now thinking that DA got whacked.


/nodding my head


Agreed. Wonder why in 2005....wonder how much of this will really get out.

Still doesn't explain the no-prosecution in 1998.

On the take?



K.

very plausible he's in Belize along with Neve cambell's character from "wild things".
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests