Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sandusky

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 am

e0y2e3 wrote:tywalkerticket Ty Walker
Penn State University Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing...

That would be the most laughably pathetic protest in the history of organized sports.

Man, I hope they do it.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 am

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 am

This riot scene reminds me of 1991 when some of my friend went out to watch the Rodney King riots and got their own asses arrested.
hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 am

I think refusing to play because of what had happened in regards to sandusky and how the university handled things would be good on part of the seniors.

I feel awful for those players. They didn't do anything wrong, and have to deal with the consequences done by a truly disgusting man and his enablers. This was supposed to be their senior day, and now? Completely ruined, destroyed. There's no way that those can be honored without this hanging over their heads.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 am

PSU needs to cancel this game and forfeit.

how the FUCK can you possibly game plan during this time period is so beyond impossible, it's not even funny.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 am

Triple-S

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 am

Triple-S wrote:I think refusing to play because of what had happened in regards to sandusky and how the university handled things would be good on part of the seniors.

I feel awful for those players. They didn't do anything wrong, and have to deal with the consequences done by a truly disgusting man and his enablers. This was supposed to be their senior day, and now? Completely ruined, destroyed. There's no way that those can be honored without this hanging over their heads.

Maybe, but the real message that will be sent (whether it's what they want or not) is that they are in support of a guy that enabled (inadvertently or not) child rape.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 am

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... -messanger

Now that is a crazy way to get fired.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 am

The riots not that big of a deal, a few vans, a few light poles, a fire.

I mean it's ridiculous, but at least they didn't go Vancouver. Nowhere near that level. Not even the same stratosphere to be honest.

Does make you wonder how peaceful OWS protesters get tear gassed and these assfucks don't though.

ESPN's coverage has been amazingly bad though. Tryin to do that real News thing is tough I guess.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 am

and yeah noles, a few days ago it started to leak out that there was going to be some big revelations about this charity.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 am

I would be so proud if this student being interviewed on ESPN right now was my son.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 am

(lets put it this way, I stayed up till four in the morning in shock staring at my computer during Vancouver, amazed more and more by the second, I'm going to bed now out of protest for these fucks getting all of this attention for the single dumbest protest cause ever)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:39 am

I remember there was this convo. between Simmons and Patton Oswalt on the role of twitter and how they always wondered how 9/11 or the OJ situation would have read had it been on twitter.

It's bizarre. It's like this way of being able to trickle down, and filter through things.

Small World effect.

Triple-S

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 am

motherscratcher wrote:I would be so proud if this student being interviewed on ESPN right now was my son.

Strange, I'd be texting him to "STFU".
hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:41 am

Interviewing bras is an iffy thing.

I liked the one kid that at least said he could have done more. that was a good kid.

Triple-S

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 am

hiko wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I would be so proud if this student being interviewed on ESPN right now was my son.

Seemed like he was on meth or something. Just had really strange, demonstrative hand movements. (The 1st kid they showed)

Was really impressed with the kid that agreed with the firing. That kid was extremely articulate. Still if HE had been my kid, I would have sent him a text of STFU and get in your dorm/apartment ASAP...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 am

e0y2e3 wrote:(lets put it this way, I stayed up till four in the morning in shock staring at my computer during Vancouver, amazed more and more by the second, I'm going to bed now out of protest for these fucks getting all of this attention for the single dumbest protest cause ever)

Yeah, this riot is boring. I think I feel this way b/c usually I root for the rioters (for no reason whatsoever), but tonight I was rooting for tear gas and tanks. And all I got was kids with semi-retarded speaking points.
hiko

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 am

hiko wrote:

Just to be clear, I was referring to the wildly gesticulating doucheface rambling about the $10 million library the students go to "every week".
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 am

noles1 wrote:
hiko wrote:

Seemed like he was on meth or something. Just had really strange, demonstrative hand movements. (The 1st kid they showed)

Was really impressed with the kid that agreed with the firing. That kid was extremely articulate. Still if HE had been my kid, I would have sent him a text of STFU and get in your dorm/apartment ASAP...

Yeah, that kid was brave, but kind of like showing how brave you are by walking into Juarez and making Mexican slurs.
hiko

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 am

motherscratcher wrote:
hiko wrote:

Just to be clear, I was referring to the wildly gesticulating doucheface rambling about the $10 million library the students go to "every week".

Me too, and I didn't get originally that you were mocking him, so now I'm the wildly gesticulating doucheface.
hiko

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 am

I want Tom Rinaldi's job.

Basically, he's asked a question.

His response is "that's a great question" he basically repeats the fuckin question and says both sides of the potential response and then just starts talking about other random shit.

Fuck me. The guy is a complete idiot. Earlier he called Penn St. Ohio St. twice while live and now these putrid responses while on-campus. Christ, make yourself at least useful. Go get hit with a rock or something.

Hell they threw Farrey and others to the fuckin masses and left Rinaldi and his two cent brain by the statue where they're singing songs and weepin over a protector of rape and molestation.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 am

Oh they just tipped over some TV station's van.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 am

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
We now know the argument for JoePa's firing is "he should have done more," and against is "JoePa for life!"

ESPN and their reporting on this may be more criminal than what Sandusky did.

So horrible it's beyond fantastic.

Farrey- "I GOT HIT BY A ROCK. IN THE LEG!! IT MAY HAVE BEEN A SMALL ROCK OR A STONE BUT I'M FINE"

Stuart Scott- "Keep your head down Tom"

Awesome.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh they just tipped over some TV station's van.

Oh snap!

PSU can't even do a riot right.
hiko

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 am

ESPN doing riot reporting is really really funny.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:00 am

Stuart Scott "we're told the crowd is dispersing..... but we all know how things can change.". You can hear the despair in these hacks' voices that the "riot" is ending.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:02 am

peeker643 wrote:
We now know the argument for JoePa's firing is "he should have done more," and against is "JoePa for life!"

Farrey- "I GOT HIT BY A ROCK. IN THE LEG!! IT MAY HAVE BEEN A SMALL ROCK OR A STONE BUT I'M FINE"

Awesome.

Farrey - "Lord God!"

Stu - "What? What is it Tom?"

Farrey - "The scene has worsened. Some protesters threw gum on the ground, and I stepped in some of it! It looks like spearmint... or maybe wintergreen."

Stu - "Be careful, Tom."

Farrey - "I will, but I'm pretty sure my shoes are destroyed, much like that trash can the kids just threw over! Some of it might be my fault (why did I wear wicker shoes?), but there's no doubt that the scene has gotten ugly."
hiko

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:03 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:ESPN doing riot reporting is really really funny.

It is funny but mesmerizing in the same regard. These kids are complete idiots.

Levy and Scott have no clue what they are doing. They can't seem to get these reporters to bring anything to the table but a few interviews and some stupid footage of a tv truck and a few middle fingers before cutting out.

I was at OSU for the 7 straight weeks of riots... this shit doesn't register on anything more than a houseparty bled into one of the streets prior to the kegs getting tapped.
noles1

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 am

they literally switched the nba presser with no explaination lol.

Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 am

Holy fuck..... NBA players can't even work a microphone.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 am

Triple-S wrote:they literally switched the nba presser with no explaination lol.

Stuart Scott babbling about last year at this time was a Cavs 3 game win streak.

Broussard asking a completely idiotic question.

Levy sitting there and just absorbing it all.

Now the mics going haywire on the players.

THis is classic. Just a near all-time strange evening.

From what I gather on the NBA is that NOTHING got accomplished today, they are going to split tomorrow and shit will get ugly. That's my gut.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:18 am

This is the funniest damn press conference is history. That feedback is so goddamn funny.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is the funniest damn press conference is history. That feedback is so goddamn funny.

To me it's Maurice Evans vest... the lockout must be tough, the fucker can't even get his shit tailored properly.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 am

And i'm not caring for Chuckles McGee there on the left. Stupid vest.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 am

ESPN's coverage last night felt like I was watching CNN covering the start of the first gulf war. just an out right awful network

I just keep wondering how the hell anyone could possibly play a game this saturday with this occuring.

Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Everyone interested in this should be following Ben_Jones88, a student writer that did a good enough job yesterday he did the national tour today and he'll be on the ground tonight.

He already said the university may burn down.

Apparently PSU students love to riot about everything and anything and this is their best excuse to riot (????) in ages.

You know, I used to do roadies to Big 10 and other major athletic campuses and sometimes regret that I went to a mediocre in every way apathetic MAC school because I'd had it with elitism and it was a good fit for me, and I underachieved until I was 17.

Now I have never been more glad I wasn't one of these dooshbags.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/09/riot_after_paterno_fired.aspx

They teach absolutely nothing at Penn State.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am

Triple-S wrote:ESPN's coverage last night felt like I was watching CNN covering the start of the first gulf war. just an out right awful network

I just keep wondering how the hell anyone could possibly play a game this saturday with this occuring.

YOU WERE LIKE TWO WHEN THE GULF WAR STARTED, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS MAKE RIDICULOUS ANALOGIES TO THINGS YOU WERE NOT CONSCIOUS FOR?!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

Feels like a make up call after reading Ramzy's piece.

Sorry, but I cant even make it through that bullshit having read what they said about the James/TT coverage.

They shouldn't be held as credible at any point after that.And I felt that way long before a few days ago.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 am

hiko wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Awesome.

Farrey - "Lord God!"

Stu - "What? What is it Tom?"

Farrey - "The scene has worsened. Some protesters threw gum on the ground, and I stepped in some of it! It looks like spearmint... or maybe wintergreen."

Stu - "Be careful, Tom."

Farrey - "I will, but I'm pretty sure my shoes are destroyed, much like that trash can the kids just threw over! Some of it might be my fault (why did I wear wicker shoes?), but there's no doubt that the scene has gotten ugly."

Appreciated that morning laugh. Pissed I missed out.
JCoz

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 am

Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 am

Did these hilljacks even bring a couch to burn? That's on the first page of all rioting hand books.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

Lions fan seriously thinks Urban is coming.

Seriously.

heh.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am

I can't copy paste ATM, but holy shit look what mark madden apparenty
ly ust leaked. Do a Twitter search

Triple-S

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

TheBigLead Jason McIntyre
Uh-oh RT @nathanielkraft Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that Sandusky & Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors
JCoz

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48 am

Jesus. Mark Madden apparently said Jerry Sandusky's charity (Second Mile) pimped out young boys to rich donors. Holy fuck.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:58 am

StewieG wrote:Jesus. Mark Madden apparently said Jerry Sandusky's charity (Second Mile) pimped out young boys to rich donors. Holy fuck.

Holy Christ.

If I lived in State College I'd grab the kids, throw some cloths in a bag, and get the fuck out of there. Remember the last scene from Outbreak with the pilot carrying the bomb? That plane is in the air and heading toward PSU. Only this time Dustin Hoffman didn't find the monkey in time and he's not talking the pilot out of it.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

I posted something along these lines two days ago. Saw it coming with other men being involved and the rumors were strong, the "pimped out" aspect is new though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

I don't watch that much ESPN, but last night at 6:30 was the first time I saw someone on the network directly say they didn't think Paterno should finish out the year. SVP was clearly disturbed by the story as early as Monday afternoon, but all week there was a constant thread of people surrounding him on his show who just didn't seem to get it (he himself never really stated a strong opinion either)--as late as yesterday afternoon his guest Joe Schad expressed his opinion that Paterno should be allowed to finish the season.

Following the press conference last night, people like Fowler & Herbstreit, who, IIRC, had much more wishy-washy takes on the story earlier in the week, finally found some moral high ground. Same with Kornheiser & Wilbon on PTI a few hours before. And I have a hard time believing all these talking heads stumbled upon that moral high ground without being directed there by their late and slow-reacting corporate overlords.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 am

JCoz wrote:

Feels like a make up call after reading Ramzy's piece.

Sorry, but I cant even make it through that bullshit having read what they said about the James/TT coverage.

They shouldn't be held as credible at any point after that.And I felt that way long before a few days ago.

Good lord, I'm not claiming some Ombudsman coming after ESPN's deplorable job here makes the Network credible, but don't be an asshole.

Anytime they get internal strife against them it's good. Probably won't amount to a damn thing but it's worth a head nod. And no, they didn't fucking go read Ramzy's piece then have their Ombudsman copy it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena