Text Size

The Rumble Room

Pacquiao Marquez III

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Pacquiao Marquez III

Unread postby fightdr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Saturday night. MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
I had Marquez beating Manny once already and the other fight being a draw.
I like Marquez to win the third installment.
I also think the reason Mayweather came out with a date for a possible mega-fight is because he thinks Marquez will win and he won't have to fight Manny.
Floyd is a business man and is very smart in everything he does, boxing related of course. He wants to stay perfect and has avoided Manny for too long. I love watching Floyd fight, he's the best defensive fighter of all time in my opinion.
If Manny wins Saturday and Mayweather/Pacquiao doesn't happen, then all respect I have for Floyd as a fighter will be gone.

Saturday November 12 2011 MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
WBO welterweight title Manny Pacquiao 53 W 3 L 2 D 38 KOs vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 52 W 5 L 1 D 38 KOs
light welterweight Joel Casamayor 38 W 5 L 1 D 22 KOs vs. Timothy Bradley 27 W 0 L 0 D 11 KOs
super featherweight Juan Carlos Burgos 27 W 1 L 0 D 19 KOs vs. Luis Cruz 19 W 0 L 0 D 15 KOs
light welterweight Mike Alvarado 31 W 0 L 0 D 22 KOs vs. Breidis Prescott 24 W 3 L 0 D 19 KOs
fightdr

Favorite Player: Deion
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Pacquiao Marquez III

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Pacquiao is going to tear him apart at the seams. Going to make the first two fights seem like a mirage. Two fighters are just in different classes right now. Manny has gotten bigger, stronger, and brought his fight game to a new level under Freddie Roach. Marquez is an aging lightweight with the most overrated trainer in the world (Nacho) that has struggled against average lightweights like Casamayor, Juan Diaz, and Katsidas and got shut out by Floyd. Manny has been tearing apart the world's best welterweights like they're nothing.

And if Floyd, who fought Marquez, really thinks Little Juan Manuel is gonna beat Manny, he's dumber than I thought.

Mad respect for Marquez and his career. He may lose every round Saturday. Just like Mosely, Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Hatton, and DelaHoya did against Manny.

Pacquiao in a rout. Then Floyd will find a way/reason to duck Manny. Take it to the bank.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby fightdr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 am

I love Marquez and always have, but Manny will probably be too much for him.
I do want to see Marquez win, but there are many reasons why the oddsmakers have him +500
If Manny beats Marquez, hopefully he calls it a career, he's one of those guys I don't want to see hang around way too long.

Manny vs Mayweather needs to happen if the sports wants to stay alive.
fightdr

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 am

Ill admit I was wrong on this one, I thought PacMan would destroy him and get the unanimous decision but Marquez showed allot of heart last night at times this fight was looking like it would end in a draw. I am hoping this fight might also give Maywhether the impression that Pac lost a step, b/c if he believes that , the pussy might actually fight him, now that he thinks he has a shot.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:27 am

Way, way closer than I thought. Styles make fights, and there is something about JMM's style that prevents Manny from really letting his hands fly like we saw against Delahoya, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto, Clottey, etc.

I thought Marquez controlled the tempo of the fight and easily could have won. I had it 115-113 Manny. That said, you gotta beat the champ to beat the champ. I think JMM foolishly thought he had a decision in the bag and backed off a little in the championship rounds. That, or his 38 year old body was outta gas.

I think Manny's lackluster performance goes a long way towards a potential fight with Floyd, as Floyd is a big puss who only takes fights he knows he can win 100% for sure.

However, Arum hates Floyd so much, even with the mega-dollars involved in a Floyd/Manny fight, he may push hard for a Pacquiao/JMM IV fight in May ... just to thumb his nose at Floyd and his band of thugs. Arum already started that posturing last night in the post fight presser, dismissing a fight with Floyd and talking about a rematch with Juan Manuel in May.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby fightdr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:33 am

Mayweather beats Pacquiao easily.
I have always thought that and I saw nothing that changed my mind.
fightdr

Return to The Rumble Room