Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Vs Oilers, 11/6/11

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns Vs Oilers, 11/6/11

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I guess I understand what e0y is saying on an intellectual level. I just honestly don't know how to make myself into "not a fan".

But I also feel like that would be the same for the Indians, Buckeyes, and Cavs.

Here is my thing on that, today, you can look back within the last ten years and have memories of a positive relationship with ALL OF those teams and the Blue Jackets.

The Browns since 1999 have given you ONE ONE AND DONE.

That is the difference.

They DO NOT DESERVE MONEY.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
motherscratcher wrote: I just honestly don't know how to make myself into "not a fan".

Gays?

gay people can make me not care about the Browns?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I've only been a Browns fan since they came back in 99 (I'm 26). But after more than a decade I'm still overly optimistic about the team. Each week I know there's a chance something crazy will happen. Look at the two crazy wins they had last year against the Pats and NO (I think the GMen the year before too). They win games they should win. They lose some games they should win. But they also win some games they should definitely lose. That's why I continue to follow, because the sun shines on a dogs A$$ every once in awhile.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:05 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:I've only been a Browns fan since they came back in 99 (I'm 26). But after more than a decade I'm still overly optimistic about the team. Each week I know there's a chance something crazy will happen. Look at the two crazy wins they had last year against the Pats and NO (I think the GMen the year before too). They win games they should win. They lose some games they should win. But they also win some games they should definitely lose. That's why I continue to follow, because the sun shines on a dogs A$$ every once in awhile.

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry, Lake, but if I ever had a kid that spit the shit you just spit I would strangle him before the age of three months.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Blue Jackets.

And on the list of teams that won't see a cent of my money.

They didn't even try to market themselves in my area. They're purely a central-ohio team. Not an "ohio" team.

Tripods is a good guy, and god bless him for covering that team, but as far as being a Hockey fan I'm a free agent.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 pm

It's alright, when the Browns win the Superbowl, which God-willing, WILL happen in my lifetime, I'll think about this thread.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Triple-S wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Blue Jackets.

And on the list of teams that won't see a cent of my money.

They didn't even try to market themselves in my area. They're purely a central-ohio team. Not an "ohio" team.

Tripods is a good guy, and god bless him for covering that team, but as far as being a Hockey fan I'm a free agent.

Wait, when did the Browns market themselves to you to buy your fanhood?

Stop being a hypocritical cunt.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Wait, when did the Browns market themselves to you to buy your fanhood?

Stop being a hypocritical cunt.

I didn't know the Blue Jackets existed until like..3 years into their existence. Their games were never on TV, and I never once saw their stuff for sale in any place where that stuff is sold. Their highlights were never on any of the network newscast either.

That's pretty sad.

At least with the Browns I knew major things were happening, be it that pointless expansion draft they had or them selling Cleveland Browns stuff everywhere.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

^ doesn't that rational pretty much make my point?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:^ doesn't that rational pretty much make my point?

But what is your point?

I get that the Browns don't "deserve" our fandom due to all of the various fuck ups and whatnot, but like Will Muny said, deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

I don't really classify myself as a Brown, Indians, and Cavs fan as much as I classify myself as a Cleveland sports fan.

Are you saying we should all intellectually know that we shouldn't be Browns fans, and that they don't deserve our devotion? Because I understand that, but again, I don't know how to not do It.

If we could pick our fandom based on what makes sense we'd all be like fuckin' LeBron.

Fandom is something else. I'm not sure how much we actually get to decide.
Last edited by motherscratcher on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Toxicadam » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I don't even enjoy watching NFL football anymore. Most of these teams are dogshit or just an injury away from being dogshit. Despite the referees giving every advantage in the book to offensive players, only 30-40 percent of the teams even have a capable offense.
Toxicadam

Unread postby RC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Toxicadam wrote:I don't even enjoy watching NFL football anymore. Most of these teams are dogshit or just an injury away from being dogshit. Despite the referees giving every advantage in the book to offensive players, only 30-40 percent of the teams even have a capable offense.

This.

I've been enjoying watching college football way more this year than the NFL. In fact I pretty much plan on watching football on Saturday and then maybe going to the movies or doing stuff that needs to be done on Sundays for the rest of this season.

Games like tOSU vs Wisconsin, LSU vs Alabama, Oklahoma St vs Kansas have been more exciting than any NFL game I've watched so far this season.

I'm not wasting my time with the NFL anymore in general until the Browns are relevant....which my take a long time.

Let me know when the draft is on so I can see the careers of guys the Browns are going to ruin.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:33 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:^ doesn't that rational pretty much make my point?

But what is your point?

I get that the Browns don't "deserve" our fandom due to all of the various fuck ups and whatnot, but like Will Muny said, deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

I don't really classify myself as a Brown, Indians, and Cavs fan as much as I classify myself as a Cleveland sports fan.

Are you saying we should all intellectually know that we shouldn't be Browns fans, and that they don't deserve our devotion? Because I understand that, but again, I don't know how to not do It.

If we could pick our fandom based on what makes sense we'd all be like fuckin' LeBron.

#occupyBerea.

As terrible a thing as that is to type, it would be better than giving them money.

It's not even that people still watch. PEOPLE PAY THEM.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Apparently you guys didn't watch the 4:00 games they were all solid.
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby sonoranreptile » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 am

McCoy: "Hey run defense, it's Ok, it's my fault. Blame this one on me as well."
D-Line: "We know......"
sonoranreptile

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 am

sonoranreptile wrote:McCoy: "Hey run defense, it's Ok, it's my fault. Blame this one on me as well."

Your PO know you are on the computer this late?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 am

It's never good when the #2 back goes 12 rushes for 115 holy smokes
LakeErieWarriors

Unread postby sonoranreptile » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:17 am

pup wrote:
sonoranreptile wrote:McCoy: "Hey run defense, it's Ok, it's my fault. Blame this one on me as well."

Your PO know you are on the computer this late?

They don't let serial killers out.....unless you live in Brentwood and play golf.
sonoranreptile

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:17 am

LakeErieWarriors wrote:Apparently you guys didn't watch the 4:00 games they were all solid.

Do you have U-Verse Red Zone Warrior?

I have it and yesterday's 4pm games all had great finishes. RedZone had a tough time keeping up with all the action in the 4th Quarters, they had several split screen and even had 4 games at once one time. That was definitely some exciting football.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I get that the Browns don't "deserve" our fandom due to all of the various fuck ups and whatnot, but like Will Muny said, deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

^This. The laundry has 'Cleveland', 'UDayton', or 'Ohio' on it, that's who I'm for. Its how these things work.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted....but the guy uses a line Swerb tweeted yesterday about the Packers-Chargers game...."it's like they were playing a different sport". Best line ever though..."you are a factory of sadness"

"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

pup wrote:Right now:

Julio Jones total yards today versus Cleveland Browns total yards today.

Please don't be that guy.

JJ would look like a turd in this offense, just like the rest of 'em. So what if he could get open deep? Who would get it to him? Who would have time? Who would call the play?

I wonder how Greg Little would look in Atlanta.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:It's alright, when the Browns win the Superbowl, which God-willing, WILL happen in my lifetime, I'll think about this thread.

Bless you. Me too. So much melodrama in this fanbase.
hiko

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:08 pm

hiko wrote: Bless you. Me too. So much melodrama in this fanbase.

There is melodrama in every fanbase. Especially those who have seen 1 playoff appearance in 13 years.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
hiko wrote: Bless you. Me too. So much melodrama in this fanbase.

There is melodrama in every fanbase. Especially those who have seen 1 playoff appearance in 13 years.

I agree. Our fanbase isn't special in its melodrama. Fans everywhere are ridiculous with their "Woe Is Me", such as this Steelers fan (from Peter King's MMQB this week):

Text Message of the Week
"I want to die. This feeling feels like death. Nothing else can describe this. The pain is that bad.''

-- Pittsburgh Phil, Phil Gennaro, a friend of mine and a 41-year-old claims adjuster from Monroeville, east of Pittsburgh, leaving Heinz Field early this morning. He went on to text that today "will be miserable. I will have to deal with angry people, all because of this game.''
hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 pm

um..the death of a family member or close friend..

that's a reason to feel like death.

Hell, even when your favorite team moves, or were close enough to see them their first title in your lifetime? You can feel like crap after that, not "I want to die" level, but like crap.

A fucking football game? And your team has been to at 6 Super Bowls in your lifetime, winning 3 of them in the process with the whole world kissing your ass about how great of a fanbase you are.

Words cannot begin to express the level of asshole-dom there. You know I'm sure there's fucking cancer patients out there who WISH that was that the worst feeling in their life was a FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME.

just proves king is a douche in my eyes for even giving this guy an acknowledgement.

Triple-S

Unread postby pup » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 am

hiko wrote:

JJ would look like a turd in this offense, just like the rest of 'em. So what if he could get open deep? Who would get it to him? Who would have time? Who would call the play?

Certainly looks bad because of the player involved. Was not advocating things would be different for the Browns with Julio in town. Just the fact he was the guy, at the time, that had the yardage I wasn't sure if the Browns would total for the game. Would have been the same post if Roddy White had those stats at that time except a different name.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hiko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:51 pm

pup wrote:
hiko wrote:

Certainly looks bad because of the player involved. Was not advocating things would be different for the Browns with Julio in town. Just the fact he was the guy, at the time, that had the yardage I wasn't sure if the Browns would total for the game. Would have been the same post if Roddy White had those stats at that time except a different name.

Gotcha.
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 pm

pup wrote:
hiko wrote:

SD:

Jones wouldn't have that many yards this season trying to catch those same hospital balls from Colt, that have Masso hurt again.

We could line up AJ Green on one side and Jones on the other and our record wouldn't be different .

It ain't the receivers if your QB doesn't have a fuckin arm.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:23 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:
hiko wrote:

SD:

Jones wouldn't have that many yards this season trying to catch those same hospital balls from Colt, that have Masso hurt again.

We could line up AJ Green on one side and Jones on the other and our record wouldn't be different .

It ain't the receivers if your QB doesn't have a fuckin arm.

SoulDawg

JFC...are you serious?

Now its McCoy's fault Slow Mass got his skull rattled?

Got a video detailing this tragedy?....any proof whatsoever of this tripe?

McCoy has taking 10 times the beating Slow Mass has....
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL