Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Mike Lombardi Blurb

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Mike Lombardi Blurb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:28 pm

This is excellent:

According to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi, the Browns are "so integrated into the West Coast system that their predictability is becoming legendary around the league."
Lombardi puts Browns film on every week, calls a former NFL coach and relays the personnel group, formation, ball location and motion. The former coach has been correct "95 percent" of the time in guessing the Browns' play. Lombardi notes that while the Saints, Packers and Eagles all use West Coast principles, the Browns are the only team exclusively using the offense which hasn't seen a Super Bowl winner since the 2002 Bucs. Nov. 4 - 12:55 pm et
Source: NFL.com
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Mike Lombardi Blurb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Yes, excellent. That's just fucking great. :pb:
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

a bit redundant here but this is the paragraph pulled straight from the Lombardi article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... m-bad-ones

3. Writing about the Browns offense leads me to a game I play every week at NFL Films. I sit in my office in Mt Laurel, N.J., put the Browns offense on my screen and call a friend who was a coach in the league, but is now in between successes. I tell my friend the personnel group, the formation, where the ball is located on the field and what hash mark and describe the motion -- if there is any -- and ask him to tell me the exact play that will be run. He is correct about 95 percent of the time. No lie. The Browns are so integrated into the West Coast system that their predictability is becoming legendary around the league.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:17 pm

SHUR
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:37 pm

mattvan1 wrote:SHUR

I posted this for you specifically.

Or with you specifically in mind, anyway.

You're welcome.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:32 pm

In the pre-season Lombardi was talking about NFL coaching hires, specifically, how he couldn't understand the logic behind some of them. He said about the Rams, "their offensive system was so basic - West coast 101....and that guy got a head coaching gig - go figure."

Schurmer is to Walrus what Kokinis was to Mangini.

Two puppets that weren't even on the radar of any other NFL organization for those positions.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:SHUR

I posted this for you specifically.

Or with you specifically in mind, anyway.

You're welcome.

I
I-I-I-I
t-ttt-ttttttt
tt-tttttt-tttttttt-t--t-ttttttttttold
y-yyy-yyyyy-yyyoo-yo-yo-yyyyooouuuu
s-ss-sss-s-s-s-s--ssssssssssssoo
I told you so, so, so, so......so many thanks for posting that

:cheers:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:24 pm

I still can't believe we hired this idiot.

Will soon be another ex-Browns HC that never gets another HC gig.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 am

2 questions, both of which are 100% serious even if they don't seem it.

1. Any chance this idiot is the moron they are considering to add as OC and instead of hiring an OC Walrus become HC?

2. If they are so worried about that not having an OC is too much burden on Pat, what the F$#@ is Gil Haskell doing in this organization that keeps him from taking on those duties during the week?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Gil Haskell was the starter at Manakiki this morning when I played 9 holes.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Sooo...we gotta wait 2 years until this guy gets fired and then re-boot the whole thing again? Sooo...we may sniff the playoffs in 2016?

FUCK
THIS

Fire him NOW.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby mistero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Exactly. Shurmur is a joke...even worse, I'm convinced Holmgren is completely disconnected and mailing it in.

Wake up Randy! You've been had..again!

We've seen this shit before and there is nothing to do but wait for the next reboot in 2013.

God, it fucking sucks to be a Browns fan.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:25 pm

mistero wrote:Exactly. Shurmur is a joke...even worse, I'm convinced Holmgren is completely disconnected and mailing it in.

We've seen this shit before and there is nothing to do but wait for the next reboot in 2013.

Exactly. Holmgren will be gone coaching somewhere else next season. He's not gonna see this shit through.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Anybody here ever hear of OJT? As in on-the-job training? It works, if the trainee has a good mentor.

Everybody's talking like Shurmur is a know-nothing dumbass with an I.Q. of about 60. You don't become a coach -- any coach -- in the NFL by being a know-nothing dumbass with an I.Q. of about 60.

The key is Holmgren, who arguably knows how to coach as well as anyone in the league today. He's got to be in Shurmur's ear six days a week, 52 weeks a year. He's got to pass his knowledge on to his hand-selected head coach.

Whether Shurmur becomes a bona fide head coach in the next year or two is entirely up to Holmgren. We can only hope, because Holmgren isn't going to fire him after just one year. No way.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm

swerb wrote:
mistero wrote:Exactly. Shurmur is a joke...even worse, I'm convinced Holmgren is completely disconnected and mailing it in.

Exactly. Holmgren will be gone coaching somewhere else next season. He's not gonna see this shit through.

This is the thing we are all learning - the fact of how important competant OWNERSHIP is. Awful staffs are running over the guy, absent of the necessary checks and balances.

This is a very long shot to get straightened out with "soccer guy" holding court.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 am

jerryroche wrote:Anybody here ever hear of OJT? As in on-the-job training? It works, if the trainee has a good mentor.

Everybody's talking like Shurmur is a know-nothing dumbass with an I.Q. of about 60. You don't become a coach -- any coach -- in the NFL by being a know-nothing dumbass with an I.Q. of about 60.

The key is Holmgren, who arguably knows how to coach as well as anyone in the league today. He's got to be in Shurmur's ear six days a week, 52 weeks a year. He's got to pass his knowledge on to his hand-selected head coach.

Whether Shurmur becomes a bona fide head coach in the next year or two is entirely up to Holmgren. We can only hope, because Holmgren isn't going to fire him after just one year. No way.

I am usually a guy who advocates patience (see previous posts) but this guy just doesn't smell right.

Unless he's a dupe...and Walrus takes over in two years with a re-built roster. This is my hope...like a Jew led into a camp with "Arbeit macht frei" on the entrance.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:45 am

The positive fan in me says they are using this whole season as a extended training camp , and they are beating the fundimentals of the WCO into them. But the negitive fan in me says we are fucked and it's only a matter of time before SHUR is having a Davis esq nervous breakdown and cry's on the side line ,longing for the days when he coached in a city that didn't care about football.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Govbarney wrote:The positive fan in me says they are using this whole season as a extended training camp , and they are beating the fundimentals of the WCO into them. But the negitive fan in me says we are fucked and it's only a matter of time before SHUR is having a Davis esq nervous breakdown and cry's on the side line ,longing for the days when he coached in a city that didn't care about football.

First comes the rampant weight gain. Then the nervous breakdowns. Then he loses the locker room and self implodes.

Lets just hope it doesn't take three years.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Toxicadam » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Shurmer has the stink of Chris Palmer.

That being said, I just want some continuity. I'd rather give the wrong guy 5-6 seasons instead of going through 2 coaches and a new GM.
Toxicadam

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 pm

[quote="Toxicadam"]Shurmer has the stink of Chris Palmer. [quote]

I see RAC in every sense of the word.

Palmer at least had a legit excuse.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL