Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:43 am

It could be worse....

We could be Eagles fans and actually have had hope...

They played like shit...

The looked like they were one of the youngest teams in the league who've only had a few weeks of preparation under a new HC and new systems....

Well, that and the worst WR corps in NFL history 2 yrs running that improved by adding a rookie.....[snark]
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:33 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:It could be worse....

We could be Eagles fans and actually have had hope...

They played like shit...

The looked like they were one of the youngest teams in the league who've only had a few weeks of preparation under a new HC and new systems....

Well, that and the worst WR corps in NFL history 2 yrs running that improved by adding a rookie.....[snark]


SD:

Don't forget we arrogantly bypassed linebackers in free agency and the draft for two years running , then over payed the worst linebacker on the team and called him a core player.

Don't forget we failed to negotiate with Carolina who would have given away their first round pick , or use our own pick at 6 and draft Jake Locker , who would make Colt look like his little 12 year old brother and permanently address the QB position with a capital investment in either case .

No we tried to address two of theee most important positions on the cheap and missed our ass with both hands in the attempt .

Colt has happy feet , the defense has but to compress the field between the hashmarks and sit back and chuckle while the ball never goes beyond 15 yards in the air unless its a desperation heave after Colts been forced out of the pocket .

First and goal inside the five with the biggest stud running back in the game we pass the ball , and don't even get me started on the supposed best line backing corp in the NFL , after watching Kong Bong and Fujita get skewered smoked and roasted then complimented in their inept play by Osama Young playing safety and operating as an even worse open field tackler than Eric Wright.

Butt the worst thing the Browns did was beat Indy and provide them with the inside pole position in the Suck for Luck derby .

We have one thing to do this off season since we're out of that sweepstakes decide if its Barkley the Mitchell from Wisky or the dark horse candidate coming up on the rail.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 am

SoulDawg74 wrote: Don't forget we arrogantly bypassed linebackers in free agency and the draft for two years running , then over payed the worst linebacker on the team and called him a core player.

Don't forget we failed to negotiate with Carolina who would have given away their first round pick , or use our own pick at 6 and draft Jake Locker , who would make Colt look like his little 12 year old brother and permanently address the QB position with a capital investment in either case .

No we tried to address two of theee most important positions on the cheap and missed our ass with both hands in the attempt .

Colt has happy feet , the defense has but to compress the field between the hashmarks and sit back and chuckle while the ball never goes beyond 15 yards in the air unless its a desperation heave after Colts been forced out of the pocket .

First and goal inside the five with the biggest stud running back in the game we pass the ball , and don't even get me started on the supposed best line backing corp in the NFL , after watching Kong Bong and Fujita get skewered smoked and roasted then complimented in their inept play by Osama Young playing safety and operating as an even worse open field tackler than Eric Wright.

Butt the worst thing the Browns did was beat Indy and provide them with the inside pole position in the Suck for Luck derby .

We have one thing to do this off season since we're out of that sweepstakes decide if its Barkley the Mitchell from Wisky or the dark horse candidate coming up on the rail. SoulDawg


1. when you have needs on the entire D, hard to say it's arrogance when you have selected a CB, S, DT, and DE. McClain was the only viable LB option in 2010. Even without the trade down last April, Von Miller was already off the board. It is nice to see you jumped off the Casey Matthews band wagon as soon as he was benched and replaced by Brian Rolle ;-) ;) :wink:

2. Colt McCoy is probably not the answer, but Locker had accuracy issues in college. That rarely, if ever, translates well to the NFL.

3. Scott Fujita resents the fact that you called Gocong the worst LB. Scott wants that title for himself.

4. Shocked that you have not started pimping RGIII. 'Cause if you don't, I just might.

5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 am

mattvan1 wrote:5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.


It's not the 'pass first' concept that bothers me about this offense.It's the pass only 4-7 yards only approach that I find disturbing.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:42 am

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.


It's not the 'pass first' concept that bothers me about this offense.It's the pass only 4-7 yards only approach that I find disturbing.


Which is featured in Shurmur 101.

The first drive was going fine, until you go incomplete on 1st and 10. The drive that featured Peyton Hillis. Then you got behind the chains and and had to punt. Which is also fine, we pinned Tennessee deep so the field position game is in our favor early.

Then Hillis disappears and we throw it more than we run it the rest of the day. And get buried.

Not to mention, had Eric Mangini (I know) gone into halftime with timeouts in his pocket with a 1st and 10 at the 50, this game thread would be 200 posts deep right now.

Maybe a bit of no huddle in the 2nd half? Just an attempt at it? Maybe?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:23 pm

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.


It's not the 'pass first' concept that bothers me about this offense.It's the pass only 4-7 yards only approach that I find disturbing.


Which is featured in Shurmur 101.


I get that it's 'featured'. It's 'featured' in the WCO period. But you absolutely have to look downfield every once in a while so maybe safeties and DC's have to respect the possibility.

Not once yesterday.

And I don't know if that's Shurmur or McCoy because honestly, I didn't see any deep routes being run.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.


It's not the 'pass first' concept that bothers me about this offense.It's the pass only 4-7 yards only approach that I find disturbing.


Which is featured in Shurmur 101.


I get that it's 'featured'. It's 'featured' in the WCO period. But you absolutely have to look downfield every once in a while so maybe safeties and DC's have to respect the possibility.

Not once yesterday.

And I don't know if that's Shurmur or McCoy because honestly, I didn't see any deep routes being run.


Wasn't debating. Should have used an emoticon. Either way, it blows.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:04 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote: Don't forget we arrogantly bypassed linebackers in free agency and the draft for two years running , then over payed the worst linebacker on the team and called him a core player.

Don't forget we failed to negotiate with Carolina who would have given away their first round pick , or use our own pick at 6 and draft Jake Locker , who would make Colt look like his little 12 year old brother and permanently address the QB position with a capital investment in either case .

No we tried to address two of theee most important positions on the cheap and missed our ass with both hands in the attempt .

Colt has happy feet , the defense has but to compress the field between the hashmarks and sit back and chuckle while the ball never goes beyond 15 yards in the air unless its a desperation heave after Colts been forced out of the pocket .

First and goal inside the five with the biggest stud running back in the game we pass the ball , and don't even get me started on the supposed best line backing corp in the NFL , after watching Kong Bong and Fujita get skewered smoked and roasted then complimented in their inept play by Osama Young playing safety and operating as an even worse open field tackler than Eric Wright.

Butt the worst thing the Browns did was beat Indy and provide them with the inside pole position in the Suck for Luck derby .

We have one thing to do this off season since we're out of that sweepstakes decide if its Barkley the Mitchell from Wisky or the dark horse candidate coming up on the rail. SoulDawg


1. when you have needs on the entire D, hard to say it's arrogance when you have selected a CB, S, DT, and DE. McClain was the only viable LB option in 2010. Even without the trade down last April, Von Miller was already off the board. It is nice to see you jumped off the Casey Matthews band wagon as soon as he was benched and replaced by Brian Rolle ;-) ;) :wink:

2. Colt McCoy is probably not the answer, but Locker had accuracy issues in college. That rarely, if ever, translates well to the NFL.

3. Scott Fujita resents the fact that you called Gocong the worst LB. Scott wants that title for himself.

4. Shocked that you have not started pimping RGIII. 'Cause if you don't, I just might.

5. When are peeps going to understand that Shurmur is pass first? He does not emphasize the run - it is not the identity of this team.


SD:

matt i would have played casey at WSLB in this system and yes either he or Rolle would have been an upgrade over kong Bong even if Rolle has put him on the bench, Kong makes Lurch in the Adams family look like a gymnast .

Gill is a great Collegian , but I want to see more maturity before I add him on my list as a viable pro .

We don't need more snot nosed punk kids , we need a man at the helm.

On Locker , his problems were footwork and trying to do to much , but physically he had it all over Colt , we had the exact same option to add Hasselback and draft locker while keeping Colt as a prospect which would have solidified the position immediately and put us in the running to put it to bed between the two kids .

Without competition on the roster , Colt is wilting like the wicked witch Dorothy watered down into a puddle of goo, because he knows he's about the 1he twelfth best QB in next years draft and its only a matter of time before the Browns and the fanbase get the news .

We won't be able to suck bad enough to net Luck and have the tie breaker on Indy , and we could have made a deal for Newton on the cheap if anybody on that staff was worth spit when it came to real QB evaluation .

Best we can do now is Barkley Mitchell or the project yet to emerge and none of them compare to either Newton or Luck which was my bitch then and now.

We should have hedged our bet with Colt and drafted better and fixed the gaping maw we have at the QB spot the most important position in football with cash and effort,instead of with hope and charity for a mutt we propped up sans all competition.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Do you know the first thing about Griffin?

Snot nosed punk is about as poor of a description as one could come up with.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Agreed, pup. Every time I have seen that kid either on the field or on the mic, I've come away more impressed each time.

That said, I'm not focusing on QB or the draft right now. It's a futile discussion as we aren't going the QB route this year unless #12 shits the bed and even then with the "talent" or the lack thereof may not allow for an actual evaluation of Colt.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 pm

noles1 wrote:Agreed, pup. Every time I have seen that kid either on the field or on the mic, I've come away more impressed each time.

That said, I'm not focusing on QB or the draft right now. It's a futile discussion as we aren't going the QB route this year unless #12 shits the bed and even then with the "talent" or the lack thereof may not allow for an actual evaluation of Colt.


Burden of proof is on the that #12. And I look QB until we find one. Other talent plays no role in that evaluation.

Since this season was all about #12 and if he is ready, I am guessing the powers that be thought there was enough to evaluate him, or that thing called the draft might have gone differently.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I just would like to understand how/why P. Hillis got 10 carries for 46 yards, and that's it?! Hardesty wasn't doing anything besides getting stuffed and dropping passes. From an outsiders point of view, it looks like we're just completely shooting ourselves in the foot with personnel choices and playcalling.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:56 pm

pup wrote:Do you know the first thing about Griffin?

Snot nosed punk is about as poor of a description as one could come up with.


I admit to a bias about certain conferences and the QB's they produce , but I should have learned my lesson discounting Josh Freemans potential .

Would you take him over LUCK NEWTON BARLEY or MITCHELL right now , because I'm not sure I would for the two later guys ,and taint noway he's in the same class as Newton or Luck and thats all I'm saying .


We blew that arrogantly bypassing on Newton , because we're running third and losin fast in the suck for Luck sweepstakes.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:I just would like to understand how/why P. Hillis got 10 carries for 46 yards, and that's it?! Hardesty wasn't doing anything besides getting stuffed and dropping passes. From an outsiders point of view, it looks like we're just completely shooting ourselves in the foot with personnel choices and playcalling.


SD:

If I was suspicious I'd agree with pups comments that they are negotiating Peytons contract thru playing time , or just go with the boilerplate evidence that Shrmur is really that clueless.

Put together with a lack of runs inside the five and on short yardage , I pick C all of the above.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm

noles1 wrote:Agreed, pup. Every time I have seen that kid either on the field or on the mic, I've come away more impressed each time.

That said, I'm not focusing on QB or the draft right now. It's a futile discussion as we aren't going the QB route this year unless #12 shits the bed and even then with the "talent" or the lack thereof may not allow for an actual evaluation of Colt.


SD:

Number 12 didn't shit the bed , but Heckert did when guys like Mallet could still be scooped up in the third or a Tyrod in the fourth , even if you look past not trading up for Newton or just choosing Locker at 6.

Without a top flight premiere signal caller a defense has to fear , you might as well have a 68 muscle car without an engine or transmission , its never going to go anywhere and neither is your team with no horse at the helm.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:Do you know the first thing about Griffin?

Snot nosed punk is about as poor of a description as one could come up with.


I admit to a bias about certain conferences and the QB's they produce , but I should have learned my lesson discounting Josh Freemans potential .

Would you take him over LUCK NEWTON BARLEY or RUSSELL right now , because I'm not sure I would for the two later guys ,and taint noway he's in the same class as Newton or Luck and thats all I'm saying .


We blew that arrogantly bypassing on Newton , because we're running third and losin fast in the suck for Luck sweepstakes.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:06 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:We blew that arrogantly bypassing on Newton , because we're running third and losin fast in the suck for Luck sweepstakes.

SoulDawg


You can't bypass what wasn't available in the first place.

Look, you were right on Scam, no question. Just the Browns were really never in the running for him.

I'm just going to see how this turns out, if Colt hangs himself with the rope thats been given to him, so be it. The way I see it, if there's that true franchise guy (could be 3 next year) out there that can be had, the Browns have a decent amount of picks to trade away to go get him.

Fuck, at this point, If the Browns finish say 5-11, I'd be willing to give up the 2 1sts this year, and a 2nd next year for Luck.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Triple-S wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:We blew that arrogantly bypassing on Newton , because we're running third and losin fast in the suck for Luck sweepstakes.

SoulDawg


You can't bypass what wasn't available in the first place.

Look, you were right on Scam, no question. Just the Browns were really never in the running for him.

I'm just going to see how this turns out, if Colt hangs himself with the rope thats been given to him, so be it. The way I see it, if there's that true franchise guy (could be 3 next year) out there that can be had, the Browns have a decent amount of picks to trade away to go get him.

Fuck, at this point, If the Browns finish say 5-11, I'd be willing to give up the 2 1sts this year, and a 2nd next year for Luck.


SD:

Still won't net ya Luck or pry him away from a team like Denver Indy or the Phins ,..

Luck would have netted three first round picks last year , and Carolina would have passed , while Newton could have been aquired for far less which was my point as I rated them #1 and #1a , sitting at six we would have put the QB issue to rest because Carolina wanted out , and it wouldn't have cost us spit compared to the extortion market bidding Luck is gonna start .

My proposal was for the bird in hand realizing long before it happened short of
Oh fer 16 we had no shot at Luck, which is where we're at now.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Believeland » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:03 am

Souldawg, until you have any evidence Carolina was actually looking to move that pick than simmer down with the bashing of the Browns FO for not moving up to get him. I live in Charlotte and from everything I've heard the Panthers were in love with him after his pro day and had every intention of inserting him in as their franchise QB. They never seriously considered Dareus or whomever within the last month or two prior to the draft.

We get it, you want credit for pointing out he was a total stud...but there is no evidence the Browns could have made moved up to get him so let's calm down with all that talk. Congrats on sticking to your guys throughout the draft buildup in stating Cam's ability and potential to be franchise QB. But c'mon man, move on from bashing the FO for a move they more than likely never even had a shot at making.

Charlotte is in full on Cam Fever though...even as the losses pile up. He has made Panthers football slightly watchable, which is more than I can say for the Browns right now.
User avatar
Believeland
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:14 pm
Favorite Player: Joey Belle
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Believeland wrote:Souldawg, until you have any evidence Carolina was actually looking to move that pick than simmer down with the bashing of the Browns FO for not moving up to get him. I live in Charlotte and from everything I've heard the Panthers were in love with him after his pro day and had every intention of inserting him in as their franchise QB. They never seriously considered Dareus or whomever within the last month or two prior to the draft.

We get it, you want credit for pointing out he was a total stud...but there is no evidence the Browns could have made moved up to get him so let's calm down with all that talk. Congrats on sticking to your guys throughout the draft buildup in stating Cam's ability and potential to be franchise QB. But c'mon man, move on from bashing the FO for a move they more than likely never even had a shot at making.

Charlotte is in full on Cam Fever though...even as the losses pile up. He has made Panthers football slightly watchable, which is more than I can say for the Browns right now.


SD;

You judge the mood of current events as if it were applicable in real time when that pick was up for grabs , the problem was the panthers couldn't find a taker swallowed their pride and made sure they made the best pick with the choice.

none of the so called exspurts were on record that Cam was the shizzle and no GM short of the Job security of Jerry Jones was gonna trade up vs that tide of negativism , nobody .

however to your point on evidence, Carolina is the only team in the last two decades who has traded out of the #1 position , and in a QB rich draft a move which would have enhanced your team while landing a more conventional signal caller in the top ten at 6 per say which is the sweetspot the Browns could have negotiatied from , would have been as easily sold to the fan base as a free $50 dollar bill for every fan who showed up at the stadium with Panther gear .

The Browns weren't looking to move up with their rebuild the team on the cheap philosophy they're deeply entrenched in now , nor was anybody else at the time unsure of the labor market at the time with no definitive answer on if an agreement on the rookie scale could have been reached , which makes the prospect of unloading a position faced with guaranteeing a contract in the Sam Bradford stratosphere of $50,000,000.00 guaranteed a virtually undoable deal, which is why there is no embarrasing evidence of squashed overtures to move that pick , nor that of just as derisive articles written about a team trying to aquire that pick , and go after Cam Newton the most devisive lightning rod of our time.

However you tell me here and now that if even one of those so called exspurts not afraid of his job had the slightest clue Cam could do what he's done do you think that still would have been
the case , which includes Holmgren for all his supposed prowess , nope not one of them gutless chickens was willing to take that risk , because not one of them identified that Cam was the shit in real time before he blew up .

If they had you would have seen the same frenzy you will see next year for Luck , that market wasn't quiet because Carolina didn't make that pick available , it was quiet because these overpaid ignoramouses out thought themselves.

Carolina was saved from themselves through circumstance , the luck the browns too often seem to miss on when we too often go left instead of right mcdonald for Paul Warfield , cutting Len Dawson
shoving Jim Brown out of football , passing Rapsitburger unto the Sheelers passing on Sanchez Mathews and Freeman in the same draft waiting to see if Anderson or Lady Quinn were the answer, not even aquiring about the Newton choice intent on going cheap with McCoy .

TMMV


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm

SD will always win the QB debates because SD has pimped every QB since the beginning of mankind...........

Even now SD, you've retreated from bad mouthing Locker to suggesting the Browns should have taken him @#6...all this after pimping him his Jr season

How's Sanchise workin' out 2-3 yrs later... you licked his jock for 2 yrs... what's he done lately?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:SD will always win the QB debates because SD has pimped every QB since the beginning of mankind...........

Even now SD, you've retreated from bad mouthing Locker to suggesting the Browns should have taken him @#6...all this after pimping him his Jr season

How's Sanchise workin' out 2-3 yrs later... you licked his jock for 2 yrs... what's he done lately?


SD:

Bill if you remember correctly , you'll recall , I was the lone warrior who brought up the point Holmgren would be wise to consider Jake Locker at 6 for a value pick .

You momentarily forgot your place as the board asshole and how much you hated me personally and allowed that my point had merit ,and joined with me hand in hand over the positives Jake brought to the table .

JB then started a post on who we should take and was so pissed at my suggestion , that he refused to allow me to comment in the thread edited all my replies
and filled in the space that I wanted Jake.

Since it was obvious we were too cheap and too stoopid to trade up for Newton, my next best fall back position was to make sure we upgraded the QB spot with the nest best athlete available ,which happened to be Jake , who not surprisingly wasn't as well regarded by some here who restrict there evaluations strictly off the noises that come from the toady overpayed exspurts.

and for the record .

I don't tout every QB who comes down the pike , said Maggert was a weak armed larger version of Colt and didn't represent an upgrade over what we had , said long before I met ya Tavaris Jackson would get Childress fired because he wasn't a QB and never would be .

Most of the rancor I endure from my fellow Browns posters is due to me not suckin on the company pablum that our guys are great just because they wear Browns uniforms .

I originally supported the Couch pick over all the other guys including the Rickey Williams deal , But that was the Tim Couch who had a fiancee was well grounded and appeared to be a hard working Country boy , not the later day Hillbilly gone wild with the tailored and dyed Blond coffe who wouldn't study worth spit and couldn't read a defense to save his life who later cried in the B more game and flipped the fans his finger in his demeanor and play the balance of his career.

Yeah and I dared say the offensive problems were on Couch and that Holcomb would be just fine 3 days before he had the third most productive playoff numbers ever in a loss , forever marking me as the death on a pale horse in the eyes of couch fans who still can't face the truth even to this day .

My point on Lockers accuracy centered on his footwork , which I said was correctable unlike Quinns whose misfires came from being a muscle bound dope with no touch.

I've been on record to liking Colt , however compared to others , he's like a highschool date with the dowdy girl , vs back seat bouncing with the prom queen .

Anybody who isn't reevaluating him vs this next draft , is a Fuckin liar or a completely brain dead
company shill .

and no I'm not blaming this season on Colt .

However his Fred Astaire happy feet act while operating out of the pocket is quite distressing, and the guys performance since his WCO debut vs a Greenbay Vanilla defense has gone straight down hill the last 8 weeks .

Thats the real unvarnished truth , right now Colt has put the need for QB in the next draft back on the table , and If you really want something to bitch about .

After LUCK , give me Russel Wilson then Barkley then others ..

In my book due to poise toughness and leadership Russell gets the nod at number 1A to LUCKS clear number one .

Don't get me wrong Barkley can spin it , but he chaffes his own guys whines and pouts and that costs him points in my book , while Luck and Wilson are two guys their teamates will line up and scrap behind.

Two men amongst boys .


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby pup » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:Do you know the first thing about Griffin?

Snot nosed punk is about as poor of a description as one could come up with.


I admit to a bias about certain conferences and the QB's they produce , but I should have learned my lesson discounting Josh Freemans potential .

Would you take him over LUCK NEWTON BARLEY or MITCHELL right now , because I'm not sure I would for the two later guys ,and taint noway he's in the same class as Newton or Luck and thats all I'm saying .


We blew that arrogantly bypassing on Newton , because we're running third and losin fast in the suck for Luck sweepstakes.

SoulDawg


My only point was you called him a snot nosed punk. Which he is not. And I would not take him over Luck or Newton. The rest is undecided at this time.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 am

Luck should already be scouting out housing in Indianapolis or Miami, no f'n way either of them are trading him here.

In that case, count me very very intrigued by RGIII - if he doesn't go #2 after Luck.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:16 pm

In terms of Sanchez, I'd definitly take McCoy over him. Sanchez to me=Neil O'Donnell.

I'd also take him over Tarvais Jackson, Alex Smith, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, Curtis Painter, Rex Grossman, Kerry Collins, McNabb (right now, not of 6 years ago) at this given moment.

I have him as a tossup with Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb and Jason Campbell So as of right now, I have him ranked at the 22 spot in terms of being the best QB in this game.

So, what we have right now is a very "meh" QB, could it change? Yeah. I still would have liked to have seen McCoy with an actual offensive coordinator and perhaps a vet. WR of some sorts, that would actually be able to get some form of separation.

if this season is indeed a wash and he becomes more and more Charlie Frye like, I'd move heaven and earth to try draft a QB.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey SD, I'm not a college football fan, other than OSU, but this Russell Wilson you're so high on - is he the Wisconsin QB by any chance? The one who's listed at 5'11" tall (and we know colleges never exaggerate that stuff)? The one who threw 14 picks and was sacked 39 times as a redshirt junior while completing 58% of his passes? The one who's been putting up big numbers this year against UNLV, Oregon State, Northern Illinois, and South Dakotah? That Russell Wilson?

By the way, don't we already have a black 5'11" quarterback? Hey if we cut Colt, draft this guy, and trade for your man crush Troy Smith we can have three of them.

;-) ;) :wink:
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers
 
Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:59 am

Re: Forget The Titans, 10/2/11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Hey SD, I'm not a college football fan, other than OSU, but this Russell Wilson you're so high on - is he the Wisconsin QB by any chance? The one who's listed at 5'11" tall (and we know colleges never exaggerate that stuff)? The one who threw 14 picks and was sacked 39 times as a redshirt junior while completing 58% of his passes? The one who's been putting up big numbers this year against UNLV, Oregon State, Northern Illinois, and South Dakotah? That Russell Wilson?

By the way, don't we already have a black 5'11" quarterback? Hey if we cut Colt, draft this guy, and trade for your man crush Troy Smith we can have three of them.

;-) ;) :wink:


SD:

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight , butt the size of the fight in the dog , and while Colt doesn't have ideal size that was never the problem with me , it was his pop pistol unlike Brees who is the size of Russell and smaller than colt , but can really spin it .

The kids a gun for hire just like Newton , and just like Newton he's producing , with legit athletes around him he uses his running game makes plays moves the chains and scores in
scoring position making smart plays like a coach on the field , which is why people cream their jeans over Luck.

Much like the inbred who had a tremendous running game and no QB until Rapistburger emerged , he's turned that team from pretender to contender because he's soldified the QB position with a bonafide Heisman type talent skillset for the first time perhaps in their history .

Same size as Moore at Boise give or take an inch who is also a possibilty for our WCO , with more arm and more moxy , in the clutch he's nails and plays the game with the same mental toughness , which really raises his stock in my book .

he's ahead of others who come out of a spread same as Luck and Barkley .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest