Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: 92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:So.... does this mean I can't say "fag" anymore?

You know there's a difference in connotation and I'm not wasting time on laying it all out.

I was just fucking around. Don't be such a........ never mind.

I hate your face.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Spin wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Spin wrote:the gorilla

Fuckin racist

When did TCF become PC?

I didn't get the memo...

There's a line dude. If you don't understand that then you're in violation of the One Rule.

If there's a question in any other forum aside from NHB as to whether something is racially insensitive then it probably is.

Honestly Spin, I kind of figured you made that post without even thinking of the racial connotations and I was just busting your balls.

But, now that I know you posted with EXACTLY that in mind...wow.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 pm

We need a new taser thread.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Spin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Honestly Spin, I kind of figured you made that post without even thinking of the racial connotations and I was just busting your balls.

But, now that I know you posted with EXACTLY that in mind...wow.

After the shit I've heard on here the past four years, I didn't know there was a line drawn in the sand. Everyone busts on everyone, the gloves are off. I've been called everything in the book and never took it personal because I know damn well it's all BS. I've been in the fire service for 25 years, and understand full well the dark sense of humor that is part of the culture here. I don't take any of the bullshit here personal, and neither does anybody else.

Quipping about the nature of the rants a person makes (rants that have been brought up on this forum several times before) does not make one racist, any more than quipping about Aaron Goldhammer's (very public) religion make them a Nazi. You think what you want, I think you're more intelligent than that.

What pisses me off was my joke about Eeyore being the Bostonian was completely lost. Shit.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Spin = CUNT

ME = pretty sure SPIN didn't mean that hatefully, he is still a special ed kid.

Mother - CUNT
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 am

Are we all done now or should I start a new 92.3 thread where we're less offensive than what this one's become?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 am

Some can hate his delivery all you want, but to hear Booms this morning was absolutely music to my ears.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 pm

^Agree, even the mellow Baskin is getting worked up about the trick play and 4 and 1...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cease » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Kiley and Booms refreshing simply for running off crap callers. You've got to do some crowd work as the host, embarrass some peeps, make people at least think twice about calling in with inane takes. It saves the listener some ear pollution in the long run.

That's something no one at KNR ever did with conviction.... Those cunt fag gorillas.

EDIT: X's and O's was their best local show, by a mile, and attracted the best callers.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 am

Cease wrote:Kiley and Booms refreshing simply for running off crap callers. You've got to do some crowd work as the host, embarrass some peeps, make people at least think twice about calling in with inane takes. It saves the listener some ear pollution in the long run.

That's something no one at KNR ever did with conviction.... Those cunt fag gorillas.

EDIT: X's and O's was their best local show, by a mile, and attracted the best callers.

'KNR always did the opposite, they ran off the good callers b/c their hosts couldn't answer the intelligent questions. Much easier to debate someone when their connection was lost.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Spin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 am

Ken Carman seems to drag at time, but poor guy has five hours to fill.

And he still does a better job filling five hours by himself than the three stooges on RBS do in three...

The other shows seem to be getting it together. But K&B hit the ground running and blow anything else away.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 am

Tuned in to KNR yesterday to catch up with Rizz. I got a caller talking about a sandwitch at a restraunt, and Rizz slopping his mouth in the microphone, and talking with his mouth full.

Real. Fuckin. Nice.

His sidekicks weren't ruining the show, he is. Never thought I'd say this :fu:
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 pm

You know for as annoying as some of hosts on 92.3 may be, they at the very least don't make me want to go travel to the Cadillac ranch and deck them.

Someone on the other browns forums posted a link to rizzo having a rant on the browns, and within a minute in I clicked it off.

It was goldhammer being sarcastic and making fun of Carlton Mitchell, after a fan suggested that it would be good to see what the guy could do. I couldn't take it.

Mitchell. has not in fact, played very much, if at all. Like Jordan Norwood, I think it's at least worth seeing if the guys can make some plays on the field. The Browns are so devoid at talent at that position that throwing anything short of peeker wearing the captain America costume out there would be an upgrade.

wheres does this douche bag get off though criticizing an actual football player? he's never played, never really covered the game, and is for the lack of a better word clueless.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 am

But you have hosted a radio show so you can criticize people w/ that career path?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote:But you have hosted a radio show so you can criticize people w/ that career path?

Has that ever stopped you from taking a shit on things?
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 am

Nope, but I've never said something as stupid as "how dare a radio host who has never been an athlete criticize an athlete, HE WASN'T EVER AN ATHLETE!!!!!"

Christ that would be like telling you and CDT you can't roll in the mud in NHB because you were never politicians.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 pm

You're miss-wording me.

There's a lot of people be it in the media or just in the walks of life who know a ton about football or sports in general without lacing up for a single game.

I just feel that a dude who spent his time ice skating over playing any kind of sport that wouldn't be featured on lifetime really has little room to talk about the game. When the guy is resorting to discussing reality show competitions for stretches at a time on the program, I really question whether that guy should really be hosting a sports talk show.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:Someone on the other browns forums posted a link to rizzo having a rant on the browns, and within a minute in I clicked it off.

I caught the link off of SI.com and I have to agree with everything Rizzo said. They lost their second biggest shill (second only to Munch).

I'm skeptical about Mitchell too. True, he hasn't played much. But that means he's a player who hasn't played for a team that has no true wide receivers. You can hope the players down the depth chart will be go-to guys. But there's a reason they were that low in the first place.

And yes I did play football.
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Triple-S wrote:You're miss-wording me.

Mis-quoting? Taking out of context...???
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Triple-S wrote:You're miss-wording me.

Mis-quoting? Taking out of context...???

Yeah..that's a better way of saying it, instead of me going dubya and making up words.

thanks. ;).

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:57 pm

It's not that I disagree with Rizzo's rant or the anger, just though the idiot from Denver really shouldn't be giving his two cents on trashing a guy who's not really at fault in this situation.

It's not Carlton Mitchell's fault that the Browns have nothing at receiver and it's to the point where he's being trotted out there as hoping to spark some form of competence on that side of the ball. Dude's a 7th round pick and a project. In a perfect world I'd have rather seen him being used in like a goal line situation or something of that nature.

This team was pathetically unprepared this season. Part of that burden ends up on Heckert, and part of it ends on Shurmer. I'm think the former though has at least shown progress and seems to, for the most part knows what he's doing (with the exception of not grabbing a right-tackle and hiring Shurmer). Shurmer? I think he should be fired. Not even a sense of hesitation on the part of Heckert and Holmgren. This was a mistake, get back to the drawing board, bring in another guy and get on with the show.

Triple-S

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Triple-S wrote:It's not that I disagree with Rizzo's rant or the anger, just though the idiot from Denver really shouldn't be giving his two cents on trashing a guy who's not really at fault in this situation.

You're not going to get much arguement anywhere that Goldhammer is a douche. I'm really not sure if its all schtick.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Orenthal wrote:You're not going to get much arguement anywhere that Goldhammer is a douche. I'm really not sure if its all schtick.

You're our Goldhammer 'round here. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 am

Trip S, it's been told to you many times that Hammer is playing a role and obviously it works 'cause everyone gets all worked up over every little comment he makes.

Jim Rome makes comments like that, dude never played
Tony Kornheiser makes simlar comments, dude never played

there are thousands of other examples very similar. Goldhammer is just Clevelands version of it.

Your best bet would be to just turn 850 off all together.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

To be perfectly clear;

Tony Rizzo is fucking awful.

You can pretend all you want that awful sidekicks are somehow ruining that show, the fact of the matter is, you've got a host that doesn't put 10 seconds of work in a week, and thinks he can get by on being funny (which he's not).

You know who doesn't let awful sidekicks hang around and destroy their show? - someone with a little pride, who because of this may be paying attention to what the hell is going on around him.

He's also got this sense of entitlement, like he's some kinda big sports guy in the city, so he can just mail things in. Not sure why he thinks this, cause "Tag Team Sports" certainly shouldn't give one such a high opinion of themselves.

The Big Show is a whole lot of nothing because of the pathetic host, everything else is just bad window dressing.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Trip S, it's been told to you many times that Hammer is playing a role and obviously it works 'cause everyone gets all worked up over every little comment he makes.

That only works so long before people get tired of it, and an alternative comes along. A station that doesn't have the contrived bickering, with the combatants contradicting what they said when they have their own show. :lame:

Not my problem anymore. Image
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:You're not going to get much arguement anywhere that Goldhammer is a douche. I'm really not sure if its all schtick.

You're our Goldhammer 'round here. :nanner:

That's just downright mean and catagorically untrue.
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 pm

I'll deliver the eulogy, so to speak, about the rise and fall of the RBS.

When I first started listening to Rizzo in the summer of 08 it was pretty refreshing. Rizzo had this pretty good take about the Indians, and I was pretty much hooked.

Goldhammer didn't seem to be pushing in as much and was just kinda like Geno from ABAO. Small little doses that were not overpowering.

Josh Sabo was great at whatever his gig was, as was Jeff Thomas. Both made the show a fun listen.

When Sabo and Thomas were let go, you started to notice the show drift towards Hammer and his really lame boring KISS FM/Rovers Morning Glory ideals for a sports talk show.

To quote Braylon Edwards about Browns fans and what they look for in a talk show host, "Sports fan in this town want a blue collar guy, and that's not me". And much like the maize and blue headcase, hammer never really got it. The average joe on his way to the office or to the construction site, does not want to hear about the television his wife or girlfriend listens to, does not want to hear people chewing food on the air, does not want to hear about someones relationship problems.

He also doesn't like to hear some know-it-all hotshot wiz kid who spent most of his time in Denver and New York call the shots on a sports talk station in a town that was pretty well-known for some pretty big inovations in radio. Alan Freed was the reason we got the rock hall here in the first place. WMMS (which is a shadow of it's former self) made a lot of rock bands famous, and Pete Franklin, I'd imagine some would argue launched the sports talk medium itself.

Viva the fan my friends. long may it stay on the air.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 pm

I started listening to KNR again until all this bullshit blows over. For some reason KRK thinks it would look insensitive to the victims if they didn't talk about Sandusky 24 fuckin hours a day.

I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of hearing caller after caller rebarfing one of three schpeals about it. It's horrible what happened, but it happened off the field. And sports is suppose to be an escape from the real world.

I want to talk and hear about the Browns Cavs Indians too. The current events in the NFL. tOSU.

Enough already.
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Spin wrote:I started listening to KNR again until all this bullshit blows over. For some reason KRK thinks it would look insensitive to the victims if they didn't talk about Sandusky 24 fuckin hours a day.

I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of hearing caller after caller rebarfing one of three schpeals about it. It's horrible what happened, but it happened off the field. And sports is suppose to be an escape from the real world.

I want to talk and hear about the Browns Cavs Indians too. The current events in the NFL. tOSU.

Enough already.

If that's how you feel, you made a wise move.

Cause there's a pretty fair chance that nobody at KNR even knows somethings amiss at Penn State.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 am

ROFL!!!

I feel terrible for the kids.

But after two days of "JoPa shoulda woulda coulda" and "JoPa did what he needed to do" and "McQueery needs to go too". Too much emphasis on a bunch of swamp scum.

Oh well. I'm probably wrong in my thinking.
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Rizzo had a bit of a slam on the fan.

"I'm not one of those radio hosts that take joy in the Browns losing because it makes a better radio show"

Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Triple-S wrote:Rizzo had a bit of a slam on the fan.

"I'm not one of those radio hosts that take joy in the Browns losing because it makes a better radio show"

How do you know he wasn't talking about Kenny Roda? :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:

How do you know he wasn't talking about Kenny Roda? :lmfao:

good point!

Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Just be fucking thankful you don't have to listen to The Common Man And The Torg........ assholes.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:50 pm

I guess peeks is a big fan of these two.

gotta find something to do when not being captain cleveland

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Roda is the best basketball host I have heard, locally. I wish he still had his own show. Can't listen to him during football though.

I wouldn't piss on Reghi if he was on fire.
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Fuck that.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Fuck you.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby GreatGoo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:40 pm

The Fan is very negative, which I liked in the beginning. I can't even listen to Cleveland sports talk radio at the moment. You can only talk about the shitty Browns so long. The Fans talks very minimal about the tribe and cavs. It's all about how the coach sucks, is Colt the future, does he need more resources, Colt has a head ache, complaining about management. 5 days on repeat.
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Chuck Booms is intolerable. A few weeks ago I swear he referred to himself as a "comedian". Which is ridiculous.

"Sports Babylon" or whatever the he'll it is is the least funny thing I've ever heard and I somehow happen to hear it every damn time I turn on the radio.

Sports talk radio sucks my left nut.

Sticking with Podcasts.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... 6&f=372241

So ken in brooklyn quit listening/calling into WKNR, and he's now moved onto calling into the fan.

You know what? You need the idi..err..characters to call in for entertainment. That's the only reason to listen to talk radio other than the interviews.

Wonder how bad the ratings are tanking for the 850

Triple-S

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Triple-S wrote:http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=476&f=372241

So ken in brooklyn quit listening/calling into WKNR, and he's now moved onto calling into the fan.

You know what? You need the idi..err..characters to call in for entertainment. That's the only reason to listen to talk radio other than the interviews.

Wonder how bad the ratings are tanking for the 850

If you need to rely on callers of any kind, well, theres the evidence that you have a shitty program.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm

WKNR not doing too bad according to the December ratings. Crushing 92.3. Next ratings out tomorrow:

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb019
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

I guess Rizzo is putting on some sort of show claiming he's a free agent on March 1st.

He's seemed to hinted that 92.3 fans pitching to him, if so, this is rather interesting.

Triple-S

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:28 am

Triple-S wrote:I guess Rizzo is putting on some sort of show claiming he's a free agent on March 1st.

He's seemed to hinted that 92.3 fans pitching to him, if so, this is rather interesting.

Interesting in a shitty, lazy personality is moving from one lousy station to another kind of way?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 am

leadpipe wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I guess Rizzo is putting on some sort of show claiming he's a free agent on March 1st.

Interesting in a shitty, lazy personality is moving from one lousy station to another kind of way?

Interesting in an If-He-Can-Make-Chuckle-And-Booms-Go-Away-Then-That's-Addition-By-Subtraction kind of way.

And it paves the way for some kind of new morning Cleveland sports radio programming.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 am

Yeah the new Stanky And The Ferd show. All about rugby and rounders.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 am

Hikohadon wrote:Interesting in an If-He-Can-Make-Chuckle-And-Booms-Go-Away-Then-That's-Addition-By-Subtraction kind of way.

And it paves the way for some kind of new morning Cleveland sports radio programming.

My proposal:

Kiley and Booms 6-10
Rizzo, Sabo and Jeff Thomas 10-12
Baskin and Phelps (and/or Les Levine..who did a decent job filling in.) 12-3
Ken Carman 3-7
Bull and Fox 7-Midnight

Baskin has actually gotten better, Carman is better as a drive out host, and I actually love Kiley and Booms as the morning show. Rizzo teaming up with Sabo and Jeff Thomas again would be very good, hell, even if Goldhammer came over, it wouldn't ruin the chemistry between that group that they had back in the day. Just make sure Sabrina is banned and all would be right with the world.

Also, call me batshit crazy, but if they're purging for talent, Fedor was actually an okay night time host. Flame away. Keep him away from Rizzo's show, as his chemistry didn't gel as well.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 am

It didn't take Booms long to get a big fat head and wreck what started out to be a funny show. It's almost unlistenable now, with him walking on everybody, and going three steps too far in picking everyone else apart. Especially his partner. He has become a homer-Hammer...

And the bullshit. They led off one show with 45 minutes of talking about a sex swing. If I wanted to listen to stupid dumb ass shit from jack asses who don't know what they're talking about, I'll listen to Rover or one of the other Stern wannabe's. BUT I DON'T SO I DON'T.

And the rest of their shows have failed to get off the ground in my book. Even Carman is a disappointment from someone who listened to him on 1350. Now he bashes what he use to talk about, :fu:

If 92.3 has accomplished one thing, it is they have made 850 get it straight. The Really Big Show sounds much different now. No more petty contrived bickering, no more role playing, It's actually not a bad show to listen to. If only they would put Roda back on his own again.

Who saw that coming???
Spin

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture