Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Red Sox Meltdown

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Red Sox Meltdown

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 am

Have been trying not to get my hopes up too much, but Jesus ... this is amazing.

As are the Rays.

Great column here on Joe Maddon and his Maddon-ball madness. No rules. Players can show up when they want and wear what they want on road trips. All about the locker room self-policing itself.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-per ... -lately-pe
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Red Sox Meltdown

Unread postby pup » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 am

swerb wrote:Have been trying not to get my hopes up too much, but Jesus ... this is amazing.

As are the Rays.

Great column here on Joe Maddon and his Maddon-ball madness. No rules. Players can show up when they want and wear what they want on road trips. All about the locker room self-policing itself.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-per ... -lately-pe

It is really weird to me. I am in Boston. As this is going on. And nobody is talking it about it, at least randomly. Went to some supposed super sports bar near Fenway Sunday. Sox on 2/45 TVs. Two people in the bar watching the game like it is as important as it is...and nobody else even glancing at it.

Walking around Sunday, checking in on scores, had 100 people ask me about the Pats. 1 asked me about Sox. Went into Prudential Center or something over there, had the Pats game on the largest TV I have ever seen. No baseball on any other screen.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

Most of the better Sox fans I know want the melt down to happen to clean some of the bandwagon douches off of it.

Most of the bandwagon douches jumped ship.

And beyond that w/ all off the success they have had it just doesn't bother the fans that much.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 am

Also, there is the fact that the city isn't entirely made up of people from Mass and actually in the Back Bay they are < 50% of the population.

Anyhow, Nate Silver breaking down why it could be the biggest collapse ever: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... um=twitter
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:36 am

But it's never been about the Boston Red Sox in the first place. It's always been about the self-absorbed fan base. So the recent success has had a socially redeeming affect on them? Huh. Guess it does make sense about people in Boston not being from there. But none of this seems to fit with the continued Patriot fans' obsession.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Yes - Red Sox fans are the big bad wolf. The worst people ever. Wah wah wah.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:23 pm

I am SO enjoying this! :pop: We moved up here in 2000: Pats won the Super Bowl in 2002 and twice more in the decade; Sux won the World Series in 2004 and again in 2007; Celtics won an NBA championship; this past year the Bruins won the Stanley Cup. I am SO VERY TIRED of hearing all about how wonderful all the sports teams are up here. Before we moved they were the Red Sux for sure and the Patsies. The Celtics were still hanging on to how wonderful things were back in the day of Bird. Bruins hardly got a mention. I'm hoping things are returning to the norm around here - at least until our exile is over and we can move out of here. All I can say is Go O's! Go Rays! Even as I wait for the Tribe's rain delay to end the O's announcers tell me the O's just took the lead in the bottom of the 1st, 1-0. :cheers: That's it Baltimore, keep throwing water on the Wicked Witch of the East!!!! (Although the skankees certainly qualify for that position too.)
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 pm

I say worst people ever, you say bandwagon douches. You say tomayto, I say...

Wait, you said both.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Shit..... the Rays are amazing!

Down 7-0, they score 6 in the 8th and then Dan Johnson just hit a PH, 2-out HR in the 9th to tie it.

Un-freaking-believable!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 am

I have to be honest. Of all the great channel flips in history, the flip back to the Rays game as the Skankee pitcher was in mid motion and Longoria hits that seed walk off jack might the best.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 am

Called DH at work to let him know that the Red Sux season hung in the balance depending on what happened in FL. While on the phone I looked at Gameday and said to the computer (for hubby to overhear, of course) "Come on Proctor, just give up a homer to Evan so the Rays can win the game". BINGO! Right after we hung up Longoria hit the game winner. SaWeet!

So.......the Tribe finishes in 2nd place in their division and the "Best Team Ever"
finishes in 3rd. Schadenfreude!!!
HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! Money can't buy you championships...unless you're the skankees, of course.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 am

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA.............AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 am

Unbelievable :dingle:
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:24 am

In three minutes it was all over. Unbelievable is right.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:47 am

Lest anyone forget, this team got off to an awful start...and it came back to haunt them. :santa:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby BruceK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:42 am

Rarely have I felt as much satisfaction in the misery of others.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 am

Amazing finish to the regular season. If you ever needed an argument for the addition of the wild card spot ...

Be interesting to see if the Rays and Cards can keep the momentum going. We've seen it go both ways this last decade with teams that enter the playoffs on a run like this.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Stu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 am

swerb wrote:Amazing finish to the regular season. If you ever needed an argument for the addition of the wild card spot ...

Wouldn't the addition of the wild card spot have ruined the amazing finish, since both teams could have coasted into the wild card with Anaheim finishing 5 games back?
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 am

Stu wrote:
swerb wrote:Amazing finish to the regular season. If you ever needed an argument for the addition of the wild card spot ...

Wouldn't the addition of the wild card spot have ruined the amazing finish, since both teams could have coasted into the wild card with Anaheim finishing 5 games back?

I'm saying the addition of one wild card team several years ago ... not adding a 5th playoff team.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 am

Stu wrote:

If your sole purpose on the site is to sit and wait to snipe, at least comprehend what the guy's trying to say.

Christ.

Anyways, never saw anything quite like last night as far as baseball viewing is concerned. Kinda like the first Thursday of March Madness in regard to channel flipping frequency.

And it's always great to see a jag-off like Papelbon tank it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 am

Yes. 4 playoff teams per league is perfect. Do not stop at 2, or 3, and do not proceed to 5. In the "play-in" scenario, last night's games - heck, the last several weeks - would have been meaningless, since the AL and NL wild card contenders would just be setting up for a one game playoff or three game series anyway. Yes, every now and then, there'd be a good battle for that 5th spot...but by that point, it would be a battle between two teams with like 86-88 wins. Yawn.

Dan Shaugnessy's epic melt: http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/09/29/sox_make_unwanted_history_with_historic_collapse

Nate Silver's recap on the magnitude of the collapse: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/bill-buckner-strikes-again

And, as a small consolation to Indians fans, I suppose this pushes the 2005 collapse down one - and possibly two, given the Braves - places in the top 10 for worst collapses ever.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Stu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am

leadpipe wrote:If your sole purpose on the site is to sit and wait to snipe, at least comprehend what the guy's trying to say.

My apologies, I thought it was a reasonable assumption considering the talk for the last month has been about adding another wild card spot. Swerb clarified his statement without attitude, I appreciate that.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby cozmeesah » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 am

I think this is my favorite part:

Truly unbelievable. This feels like revenge for 2004 and 2007. It is as if the baseball gods are punishing Red Sox Nation for hubris and arrogance and good times that seemed so good, so good, so good.

Haha.... hahahahah.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I sat watching all that unfold last night in utter disbelief and glee.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Simply unbelievable night of baseball. Rays down 7-0 in in the 8th. Down to their last out in the 9th, still down by a run, then get a pinch hit solo to tie it. Red Sox blow a 9th inning lead to lose it.

I'm so much more excited about the playoffs now. I was not going to watch the red sox and yankees in the playoffs AGAIN. But I'll check out the rays/rangers series for sure.

I'm not going to be able to watch the yankees-tigers series though. Watching CC, Victor and Jhonny in the playoffs brings back too many bad memories.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Most of the better Sox fans I know want the melt down to happen to clean some of the bandwagon douches off of it.

Most of the bandwagon douches jumped ship.

And beyond that w/ all off the success they have had it just doesn't bother the fans that much.

Another reason to hate Boston fans.

They want their team to lose because they don't approve of other fans.

Complete idiots.

God bless Dan Johnson.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

One of the best nights of baseball I can ever remember.

Gotta love the chowds whining that the Yanks didnt use Rivera last night.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Another epic melt.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7034858/f

Great start to the piece ...

You know what? Fuck these guys.

Nobody should have to root for John Lackey or Carl Crawford or Jonathan Papelbon or Theo Epstein. Sure, there was a time when I felt morally and geopolitically bound to root for the Boston Red Sox, but that time ended in 2004, when Pedro Martinez left to go pitch for the Mets.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:15 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Stu wrote:

If your sole purpose on the site is to sit and wait to snipe, at least comprehend what the guy's trying to say.

Christ.

Anyways, never saw anything quite like last night as far as baseball viewing is concerned. Kinda like the first Thursday of March Madness in regard to channel flipping frequency.

And it's always great to see a jag-off like Papelbon tank it.

Leadpipe is my new hero! Thanks!
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm

swerb wrote:Another epic melt.

Reminds me of Hammy's comment during last night's Tribe game. In reference to the the Sux rumored to be trying to acquire Bruce Chen to pitch Hammy said something like "and those guys wonder why anyone outside of Boston or New York wonder why everyone hates those teams". Seems like some people inside the Beltway want to join in the fun of hating!

I'm still enjoying last night's games. :woot:
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 pm

bookelly wrote:Lest anyone forget, this team got off to an awful start...and it came back to haunt them. :santa:

I wandered over to a TCF-lite, poor imitation site Boston Dirt Dogs. Below the headline-and-pic they have some headlines and comments that should have appeared in print but never will. I really liked this one from the Sept. 28th list:

Good Thing Those April Losses Didn't Matter. Sincerely, It's a Long Season
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 am

swerb wrote:Another epic melt.

Wow. What a spoiled, entitled little brat.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Jumbo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Now, for the really important question: Can the Indians take advantage of this?

First, there have been a few rumblings that management is unhappy with Kevin Youkilis. Aside from being injured off and on, this season his production was down a little bit, and he reportedly did not handle moving back to third base very well (physically, mentally, and in the clubhouse).

Second, there's growing angst regarding what to do with their bullpen. Daniel Bard had a very bad September, and Papelbon blew game 162.

Third, there's desperation to do something!

Youkilis makes good money, but he has only one year left on his contract (plus an option for 2013). His value has never been lower since he became a major league regular. Can we swing a good deal by sending a reliever or two over to Boston for Youkilis? Get him back to first base where he belongs, and get his right handed bat to replace LaPorta.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Melt-down complete with Francona out as manager.

He should be unemployed for about 3 days.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Jumbo wrote:Now, for the really important question: Can the Indians take advantage of this?

First, there have been a few rumblings that management is unhappy with Kevin Youkilis. Aside from being injured off and on, this season his production was down a little bit, and he reportedly did not handle moving back to third base very well (physically, mentally, and in the clubhouse).

Second, there's growing angst regarding what to do with their bullpen. Daniel Bard had a very bad September, and Papelbon blew game 162.

Youkilis makes good money, but he has only one year left on his contract (plus an option for 2013). His value has never been lower since he became a major league regular. Can we swing a good deal by sending a reliever or two over to Boston for Youkilis? Get him back to first base where he belongs, and get his right handed bat to replace LaPorta.

Chisenhall, Pestano, and a prospect for The Youkah.

He'd be perfect here. Can play 1b, 3b, hits for power, and just hits the ball hard and plays hard. It'll never happen, but I'd be seriously, seriously interested if the Bosox are open to moving him.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 pm

1) Tito sounded really tired in his presser. Could be because of the way this year went, could be some medical issues (don't remember details if I knew them in the first place) or could be because he's had enough of the local press.

2) IF we were to get Youk he had better stay healthy. Word on the radio was that while he's been out he's been in the clubhouse most of the time (good sign) and he's been busy telling everyone else how to manage their lives (NOT good). But as far as a player goes he 1000% better than LaPort-a-potty.

And after listening to the sports guys gloating about how a tired Tampa team had to head to play tonight in the Ranger's park.....the Rays totally crushed the Rangers 9-1. Wow, wonder how well the Rays will play when they get rested...
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Doubt this would actually occur, but the Sux may have interest in Wedge. That could be the best thing to happen...they'd effectively be out of contention for the length of his tenure!

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/BrockandSalk/status/120139120474468352
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:Doubt this would actually occur, but the Sux may have interest in Wedge. That could be the best thing to happen...they'd effectively be out of contention for the length of his tenure!

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/BrockandSalk/status/120139120474468352
Attachments
Boston Grinder.png
Boston Grinder.png (52.49 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby scott » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:08 pm

swerb wrote:
Jumbo wrote:Now, for the really important question: Can the Indians take advantage of this?

Chisenhall, Pestano, and a prospect for The Youkah.

He'd be perfect here. Can play 1b, 3b, hits for power, and just hits the ball hard and plays hard. It'll never happen, but I'd be seriously, seriously interested if the Bosox are open to moving him.

I do agree he could help this team. Rooting for him would be harder than for Jamal Lewis.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Would it be possible to move both Perez's for Youk and throw in a prospect on our end.

Reason it may be an added bonus to Boston is they can take the Papelbon money and bring in an actual 3B with it while not having to throw 3 yrs and $30 million to Papelbon.

Doubt it has any chance of happening because it's not a typical Red Sox move, they'll just outspend on all fronts. Although the Ortiz FA does force their hand to draw a line on the Youk-Pap-Ortiz future.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I think Youkilis takes his own life if he's traded to Cleveland.

Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:06 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:I think Youkilis takes his own life if he's traded to Cleveland.

That just makes me want this trade to happen.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Jumbo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 am

scott wrote:I do agree he could help this team. Rooting for him would be harder than for Jamal Lewis.

Next to Papeldouche, Pedroia, and Beckett, Youkilis just doesn't compare. YMMV.

Whether he's available depends on whether the Red Sox want to keep him or Ortiz.

Also, this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/876371-mlb-trade-speculation-the-cleveland-indians-should-go-after-kevin-youkilis
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 am

I'd love to see Youk at 1B for the Tribe and I'd have no trouble rooting for him (or Pedroia or Beckett for that matter).

That BR article was fun to read. I especially like all of the options and scenarios he provided for how it could actually happen.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 am

I almost stopped reading when he wrote this about Sizemore:

(yes, I think they should pick up his team option for next year)

and did stop when he wrote this:

Some players like Choo, Sizemore and Hafner could easily rebound in 2012

Hafner and Sizemore cannot be relied upon for major production, and assuming they will is a sure-fire way to mediocreville, IMHO.

With Grady, if you love someone, let them go. If they sign with another team to an incentive-laden deal, it wasn't meant to be in the first place.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 pm

little late for this I know, but amazing none the less

Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 am

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... t:rtbutton

I post this link for nothing more than to ask, could the current PD staff ever put together something like that?

I hate that paper.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/12/red_sox_unity_dedication_dissolved_during_epic_late_season_collapse/?camp=misc:on:twit:rtbutton

I post this link for nothing more than to ask, could the current PD staff ever put together something like that?

I hate that paper.

Now that MS Boyer lost her Cavs gig I'm not sure who is left there with the juice and talent to pull something like that off.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 am

And the entire re-shuffle of the Red Sox continues. Epstein reportedly inks a deal with the Cubs.

Wonder who they'll shoot for as their new GM.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 1960.story
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 am

Unless it's someone who thinks creatively and doesn't attempt to throw money at every horrifying mistake, yankeestyle, then I don't care.....will be the same team.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/12/red_sox_unity_dedication_dissolved_during_epic_late_season_collapse/?camp=misc:on:twit:rtbutton

I hate that paper.

If all taht stuff happened in the press box, Hoynes would be all over it
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Next

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB