Text Size

College Sports Arena

Adolphus Washington

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Adolphus Washington

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:13 pm

It is not often that I start a thread in here about a recruit that OSU has not landed yet, who is still playing his senior season, but holy shit Adolphus Washington is BLOWING UP.

Week One: Recorded 14 tackles, logged 2 sacks and forced a fumble against superb competition, Washington DC's Friendship Collegiate (a perennial power on the Atlantic Coast). He outplayed Friendship's own blue-chipper Eddie Goldman.

Week Two: Recorded 11 tackles, 4.5 SACKS! and returned a fumble 52 yards in a win against Badin.

25 tackles and 6.5 sacks in 2 games from a kid that is a superstar AAU basketball player at 6'4 250lbs. Jadaveon Clowney had the best HS football highlight film I have ever seen (including Reggie Bush or A-Pete), and I am starting to think that Washington may be in the same ballpark. Clowney is still quicker, faster, bigger and stronger but Washington is a like a poorman's Clowney, not a bad thing at all. FWIW, the Bucks are supposed to lead for AW by a large margin.

Here is Washington's JR highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIY1Ez22 ... re=related

Here are Clowney's (just for fun):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc
Will be interesting to see if Clowney is the 1st pick in the 2014 draft.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Adolphus Washington

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Well he better come here now that I got my hopes up. If he doesn't, i'm going to blame you.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Update on Washington's stats so far this year, as he is probably going to win Mr. Football for his division this year (as a D-Lineman). As of last week (his 4th game) he has 12 sacks, 45 tackles, 1 INT, 1FF and has scored 2 TDs. One of his TDs was on a fumble recovery the other (if you can believe this shit) was as a punt returner. Can you imagine a 6'4-6'5 260lb defensive end running kicks back?

His numbers project out to some ridiculous stats for the season. At his current rate he will finish the year with 36sacks and 135 tackles. That is pretty ridiculous for DE, particularly one on a bad team in which he is the only defensive threat. Most of his work is against double teams, kid is a phenom. 95% likely to end up at tOSU.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

I just can't help but feel uneasy about the rest of the '12 class and the monster (good lord we need it after tatgate hurt the '12 class) potential of the '13 class.

Gotta think that 95% leans and everything else don't matter till we find out who the next coach is.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 pm

If the situation was stable, I wouldn't call him a lean. We really won't know how the cards will fall until we get word back from the NCAA and the AD hires the full time coach.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Team needs Washington like they have needed few recruits in the past IMO. All this Dline talent and no LEOs.

Washington is the best Dlineman Ive ever seen come out of any ohio high school.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby furls » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Time to resurrect this thread.

So do you guys remember the early spring camp reports that Sevon Pittman was a beast and unblockable and all that jazz? Kid was really impressive. Early returns on Washington is that he may be even better. I think this kid is going to be an immediate impact player. He has the size to play now. My biggest question is, will he be able to seize the starting DE job this year with an already stacked DL: Simon, Hankins, Bennett, Bellamy.... and that list doesn't even include the previously mentioned Pittman or the "crown jewel" of the 2012 class (from a rankings stand point), Noah Spence.

Oh yeah, the Bucks look like they are going to have a decent shot at landing Deshawn Hand, 2014 DE phenom that is currently housing all the nation's best 2013/2014 OTs on the camp circuit. He has been unblockable all summer and looks to be the clear #1 recruit in the nation for 2014.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena