Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Vs. Phins, 9/25, Hope Montario is ready...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns Vs. Phins, 9/25, Hope Montario is ready...

Unread postby hiko » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:20 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:My favorite aspect of the people that hate on the Eagles: a back-up that doesn't even play or matter said the Dream Team thing and now everyone runs around crowing and acting as if the whole team adopted that mantra.

Jealousy is a bitch.

I fault the media/ESPN more than anything - they took one innocent comment and blew it out of control.

So whether it's the Eagles' fault or no, people hate cocky elitists and love to see that label shoved down their throats. But jealousy ain't got jack-shit to do with it, LeBron. Pretty sure those Packer/Steeler/Patriot fans out there that are hatin' on Philly wouldn't trade teams for all the blow in Miami.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Honestly, I'm yet to hear a Pats fan even mention the Eagles.

Comfortable in your own skin and stuff.

That said, you're pretty dead on re: the ESPN thing. Still hilarious to see a single remark made by a non-factor back-up get turned into this nonsense.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hiko » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Honestly, I'm yet to hear a Pats fan even mention the Eagles.

Comfortable in your own skin and stuff.

That said, you're pretty dead on re: the ESPN thing. Still hilarious to see a single remark made by a non-factor back-up get turned into this nonsense.

Cuz you spend a lot of time perusing Pats boards and talking with Pats fans? ;-) ;) :wink:

Fans the universe over are the same.

ESPN made it bad, there's still some anger out there over Vick, and any team that tries to buy/Free Agent it's way to glory will usually be vilified by the masses.

Personally, I think the Eagles went for too much flash, not enough balls. At this point, the Browns will win a Championship before they do. And that's not b/c the Browns have any shot - just Philly is due for a huge fall. They're bad on both lines - I predicted before the season that they won't even make the playoffs and that they'd get Vick killed, and they're making me look like I almost have a clue.
hiko

Unread postby trsteve1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:46 pm

any chance maybe Daboll was gifting his former employer with the win? I mean, that play-calling at the end of the game with GREAT field position (which was gifted in the form of 1 b.s. call and a legit call) was atrocious.. 3 long passes on the first 3 downs?!?! how do you not have a screen or some kind of quick crossing pattern?!?! You have 4 downs and not that far to go, and oh, yea.. a time out.. now.. I'm not gonna buy the bull that Crique was selling about Carpenter only needing to get close enough for a 60 yarder (just don't think that would EVER happen in Cleveland..) but 8 yards gets you a shot at a FG I gotta think.. how they don't run a draw or screen there on first down baffles me, you have a time out.. get some yards in hopes to open something a little bit down the field...

What is more likely is Daboll is still a subpar coordinator.. glad to be rid of him .. (though, who knows.. maybe if the phins get some more time with his scheme it could blossom to the greatness of the '10 Browns... xD)
Le sigh
trsteve1

Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Well Hiko, most of my friends and coworkers are Pats fans. That whole "living in Boston" thing. And I do spend my Sundays at pubs w/ Sunday Ticket, so there is that too.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Well Hiko, most of my friends and coworkers are Pats fans. That whole "living in Boston" thing. And I do spend my Sundays at pubs w/ Sunday Ticket, so there is that too.

Wasn't aware. Looks like ya got me on that one.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:03 pm

trsteve1 wrote:any chance maybe Daboll was gifting his former employer with the win? I mean, that play-calling at the end of the game with GREAT field position (which was gifted in the form of 1 b.s. call and a legit call) was atrocious.. 3 long passes on the first 3 downs?!?! how do you not have a screen or some kind of quick crossing pattern?!?! You have 4 downs and not that far to go, and oh, yea.. a time out.. now.. I'm not gonna buy the bull that Crique was selling about Carpenter only needing to get close enough for a 60 yarder (just don't think that would EVER happen in Cleveland..) but 8 yards gets you a shot at a FG I gotta think.. how they don't run a draw or screen there on first down baffles me, you have a time out.. get some yards in hopes to open something a little bit down the field...

What is more likely is Daboll is still a subpar coordinator.. glad to be rid of him .. (though, who knows.. maybe if the phins get some more time with his scheme it could blossom to the greatness of the '10 Browns... xD)

My dad described the final Fins drive as "your standard Brian Daboll 2 minute drill"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 pm

But for the record...

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61877

Maybe the key is that only the asshole fans post on message boards. :partyers:
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 pm

hiko wrote:Maybe the key is that only the asshole fans post on message boards. :partyers:

This is fairly inarguable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:26 am

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ike_p.html

Interesting that Pereira didn't do his typical backing of the officials regarding MoMass's "quasi-celebration". Hopefully this leads to the NFL completely re-exploring this rule, although I'm not holding my breath.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL